Snakes at Sunset reviews

albinoturtles@comcast.net

1 review with 2 stars

azurew
7/25/18

I ordered two giant day geckos and a terrarium hood from Snakes at Sunset on 17 June, 2018. I received my geckos three days later and figured the hood would arrive after around a week since it in theory would be sent via FedEx Ground. I noticed there was no tracking information available for the hood, so I emailed customer service that Friday (22 June) and was told they would "check on it and let me know Monday". Monday came without reply.

On Tuesday 26 June, I emailed again to ask where the hood was. I was told the hood hadn't shipped because it was defective, but they would receive new hoods and ship one out to me on Thursday. I asked for a refund instead. Several days later I emailed again asking if I would be refunded or if the hood would be sent, as I hadn't gotten a reply to the original request for a refund. They emailed back and said I would get a refund. Days later there was no confirmation of a refund or any evidence of one on my PayPal account. Subsequent emails sent to them were completely ignored.

Long story short, I opened a PayPal dispute and was refunded. Snakes at Sunset never replied to the dispute; it was automatically closed by PayPal and found in my favor due to the lack of seller response. Shocking.

I won't purchase anything from them again solely due to their terrible lack of communication. I will say that my geckos are beautiful and healthy, at least.

I recently bought a beautiful male baby ball python and couldn't be happier. They shipped him immediately (he was at my house in less than24 hours and was warm & healthy. )All their shipping info is on their website and they answered all of my questions.

By Sarah W.

Helpful answer -1

Well, you can read the bad reviews for yourself to find out. Most of them are the poor customer service and, yes, it is bad. My sister ordered a red tail boa from here about a year ago and it was like pulling teeth to get his birth date, last shed, what he's currently eating, etc. from them. I just ordered two ball pythons two days ago and still have not received shipping confirmation, tracking number, or follow up, etc. I do not, however, have any experience with animals from them being sick - as many of the reviews claim.

By Rowan B.
Questions? Get answers from the Snakes at Sunset staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Snakes at Sunset