Snakes at Sunset reviews

albinoturtles@comcast.net

29 reviews with 1 star

milenial
2/28/19

I'm a regular customer here and today was my last day coming because I never get the correct amount of super worms I ask for they always cut me short and when I ask if they are sure if there are 90 worms they say I'll count but the extras will be taken out. He proceeds to count the worms and actually removes the "extra" he claims to have put. I'm sorry but this does not look like the amount I paid for. Very rude never coming again just wanted to let people know they rip you off!!

scottp258
8/12/18

Bought three kings snakes from this guy, all were so infested with mites. I mean you could see them all over the snakes right off from opening the bags the snakes were in. Called this SOB and he told me it was my fault, and to top it off, he then hung up on me. Worst reptile guy I have bought from and I have had snakes for over 40 years. Find a reputable breeder, lots of them out there, this scum is the backyard breeder of reptiles. This guy does not care about reptiles or the people who buy from him. He cares about money only. Once he has your money, you are screwed.

meghanc33
7/2/18

I ordered a redfooted tortoise on wednesday, they took my money right away, and it said shipped on Thursday 6/28 - and Fedex never recieved my package. I have sent 5 emails too them and no awnser. Texted the numbers and response was "Stop". I want my money back. Just can't get in touch with someone too get it back!!

leeo34
6/9/18

TITLE SAYS IT ALL--NOBODY SHOULD BE IMPATIENT AND ORDER FROM THESE ASSCLOWNS. WAIT UNTIL YOU FIND WHAT YOU WANT FROM A QUALITY SOURCE.

andyr96
5/18/18

I purchased a Mangrove monitor from snakesatsunset.com with over night delivery. that added nearly $40 to my total purchase. I ordered it on monday and its already friday and no sign of my lizard being shipped. i did recieve a confirmation email that my order had been processed thru there company. i called tuesday afternoon to check on my order since it hadnt been shipped yet and the guy on the phone said they were working on filling orders and i would recieve a confirmation email shortly. well its been 3 days and no email and no god damn lizard! i ordered from another company and i recieved my lizard the next day on time and the only reason i didnt order from them this time was because they were out of what i wanted. i am extremely upset about the poor service i have recieved and dishonesty of the employee i delt with. just still wondering if ill ever recieve my expensive order........

jordanes
2/13/18

I purchased a ball python back in November. After a few weeks it arrived quite cold but warmed up quickly. This was my first official pet snake and took every precaution and set up everything exactly as it should. Temperature and humidity gauges and settings and all. Everything was perfect. Until I noticed he wouldnt eat. I assumed he was drinking becuase I was having to refil his bowl every week or more. But I never noticed any urine. I contacted the company multiple times about this and never got a response. My snake seemed as though he was much too small to be sold in the first place and was shipped in a tiny deli container full of his own urine and excrement not to mention instead of a sack. My snake passed away today after having him out yesterday and he looked normal. This is a shock. And I am attempting to seek answers from the company. Please do not order from this place. They do not sell quality pets and are in it for the money.

carliet
2/1/18

I received my chameleon and it was dead , i tried to warm it but no response . Its body was cold to the touch . I contacted customer service and they were extremely rude and couldnt even spell properly. They told me to take a photo of the reptile which i did and they insisted i send the DEAD chameleon back . Are they morbid? They wanted me to ship a dead reptile back to them . Extremely disappointed. Havent recieved a refund . DO NOT BUY FROM THEM . Rip little Marvin

tonyg101
1/15/18

Ordered a Green and Brown Basilisk the Brown one came in just fine fairly large like they've had her for awhile but the Green one you can tell is barely even a hatchling he's so small. The Green one came with all kinds of issues, Eyes were sealed shut from an infection, he wouldn't eat no matter what I gave him I tried calling the company the SAME day I got it to inform them and ask for help they were completely rude, took him to the vet day after I got him and he too said the reptile was way too small and should have not been sold like that also said there was a low chance of it surviving and what do you know he was right.

dougp51
11/11/17

I ordered a female Mojave ball python from them about a year and a half ago.It was advertised as a female 700g when I received it it was only 520g and had scars all over it and then I come to find out last week it was a male.I think this company will do anything to make a buck.Very sad please do not waste your money!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yamilem
11/7/17

Worst customer service I've experienced in my entire life! These posts are real! They are horrible! So disrespectful! They never sent me tracking information! Barely responded to any of my emails! Refused to refund my shipping due to there irresponsibility and inability to do there damn job! On top of that some jerk decides to email me with this horrible attitude and condescending remarks. I wish I would've payed warning to the posts on here! Still haven't even received my sand boa! I will be reporting these people. Sad to be a Miami native and get treated so poorly. F**k snakes at sunset your garbage!!!!

jessicas281
9/3/17

Ordered a lizard from these clowns. They never answered texts and when I called their number, the people who answered were useless and unprofessional. Please stay away from this company. They are the worst of the worst. I will never order from them again.

marcusp23
7/13/17

Horrible buisness, bad customer service, and sick animals. I ordered some pacman frogs and one of them showed up dead and another sick in 90 degree weather with a heat pack? I emailed them and I got nothing but rude responses and Just plain out ignored after their mistakes. I ended up not getting refunded for what was their fault and completely ignored after bringing up the issue of their mistake. Their website even says live arrival guaranteed but that's complete BS.

antonioc69
7/6/17

We orderd it on Sunday but it was not shipped till wednsday and the snake arrived dead ! We payed top dollar for the albino king snake shipping for it arrive dead .... we contacted the place to address the issue but the employee did not help us at all by saying "email us the issue and we will get back to you on Monday " hello!!! Dead snake ! Idk what to do with it ?! What should I do ? Can I get a refund ? Money back? Why till Monday ?!? $#*!s man

anthonyc158
6/28/17

Do not buy from them i recived a blue tounge skink and he has roten mouth and wont eat and wont poop..

richardf98
6/19/17

Horrendous experience! Sold me a panther chameleon for $600 plus all other equipment needed for $500. The man at the store was extremely rude and told me that the chameleon was 1-2 years old. A month later, the chameleon, Leo, became very ill and after many vet visits, Leo was diagnosed with severe MBD and died in the vet office. The vet also predicted that the chameleon was at least 8 years old. I contacted the store owner and he told me that it was my fault for not returning the "defective" chameleon to the store before. Would definitely not recommend!

jaket39
6/12/17

I went in to look at leopard geckos. I asked how much the tangerine was and the owner told me $70. I said I would be back when I got my pay check the next day. I came back in 2 days and he now said it was $100. They are not very friendly and just seem like they want their money.

jessicad115
4/26/17

DO NOT order for Snakes at Sunset!!! I went on their site looking for two new hatchlings, a razorback and a southern painted to add to my tank. I had heard positive things from a friend of mine who had ordered so I figured it was all good. It has been a week and after taking my money the turtles still have not shipped! Both turtles showed up as "In stock" on their site, and I was not contacted immediately after my ordered stating anything wasn't available. 3 days after my order was placed I tried contacting them asking if the order had been shipped yet, there was not response from them. Finally after my 3rd attempt, 6 days after I had ordered and after I threatened wanting a full refund on the order I was given a answer. Basically Mike (yes he's really rude) said that the razorbacks were in stock but there were no painted turtles in stock when i ordered and he said they had just hatched and that they would be shipped out between monday and tuesday of this week. It is now Wednesday (8 days after my order) and there are still no signs of my turtles even being shipped out yet. My newest email requesting and update has not be answered either. I will never be ordering from them again, and will most likely be asking for a full refund. I DO NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO ORDER FROM THEM. Terrible customer service and slow and unpredictable shipping. I can't rate the animals health as I haven't received my animals. Hope this was helpful to any potential buyers. I will be sticking to Turtle source from now on.

josuep4
4/3/17

Okay so I ordered a king snake 3 days ago, and I chose ground shipping because it was cheaper. So I placed my order, then the next day I got a message saying they can't ship ground only overnight and that I had to pay $30 more and I decided to not pay anymore and I'm trying to cancel my order because they still have my money and they don't answer, if they do its just to tell me to pay the $30, please can someone help me, how do I cancel it or can someone please call for me because I don't have a phone right now and they have my money. Thank you!!

charlesv29
3/29/17

The customer services if horrible. I called with a question about an order I wanted to place and the guy who answered the phone was rude. It was as he didn't care for my business. I would hate to have to try to return anything to this store.

Tip for consumers: I would advise only going to the store to make a purchase

tiffanieh
2/18/17

WARNING!!!!! This place sells sick, unhealthy, infected turtles with holes in their shells. Shell rot and weak breakable shells. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!! When addressed my concerns they were SO uncaring "you went rambling on" RUDEST person in customer service. MIKE B Should look for a new job if he doesn't care for turtles quality and their customers.

Tip for consumers: NEVER USE THIS SITE !!!! SICK ANIMALS AND HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!

rayb74
2/13/17

i ordered a boa from this company guy on the phone was great very helpful his boss on the other hand is a rude piece of $#*! i wated over a week with nothing i face booked him and he was like i will not ship unless weather is above 30s i explained i get snakes all the time and everyones cut off is 15 degrees he called me a lier and acused me of hurting animals i told him look i paid u over a week ago and now im fighting with u for my snake he told me ppl have no problem wating till spring i said im not waiting he flipped on me and refunded me my money wich was the tied in a week long refund period

sarahw171
1/22/17

My blue iguana arrived with its pelvic bones showing. I took photos of it immediately after unpacking and rushed it to the vet for treatment and a checkup. I was late to work that day.

I contacted the seller with the photos. Employees told me that the blue iguana was just dehydrated. It was not. After many months of vet trips and intensive treatment, the iguana died. The wasting disease that the blue iguana arrived with (likely crypto) has now spread to my albino iguana. I didn't realize that soaking in pure ammonia is one of the only ways to disinfect for this.

I'm still living a nightmare and I ordered the axanthic iguana back in April 2016. Now I'm just waiting for my poor albino to die the same way as there is no treatment for this terrible disease.

Snakes at sunset has cost me thousands of dollars and caused me much heartache. Do not ever order from them.

cassandras15
7/29/16

They are total scam artists.......they took my $$$ for an online order sent me an email stating it was shipped.......NOT SO! They made the label but never shipped the product! I called FedEx and they confirmed no product shipped! I called the store and the so called manager acted as if he didn't care that it's Friday and deliver was scheduled for Tuesday! We knew that even if it was shipped it was dead.........he never offered to ship another or return our $$$! He was so rude my husband asked it speak to him and he hung up on my husband! I called them back and let them know I would be reporting them to my bank for taking $$$ from my account without sending out a product!!! These people suck.....I wish I would have read the previous reviews before ordering......I hope I can help someone else!

winnieh3
7/14/16

Got a reptile from them .... red head aganas. Tail was infected and it looked ruffed. Died a day later. Contacted them got a response of asking me what type of reptile a Agnes is... spelled wrong becuz of auto correct... knowing what I meant. Responded with the correct spelling and still no response back. I should of checked reviews before I bought from them. Will be letting all my reptile fb pages know.

paule168
5/24/16

I saw a really nice gargoyle gecko listed by these guys and decided to purchase him. After giving them all my info (email, phone number,shipping address) we settled on a shipping date. Unfortunately as the delivery date approached my fathers health declined and he had to be hospitalized. I rescheduled all of my work appointments for the day to spend some time at the hospital with my dad then realized "Oh! The gecko gets delivered tomorrow. I have to make sure I'm there to receive it." Bright and early I woke up and went into work JUST to receive the package. Hours went by and fed ex never showed up. Unable to track the package (as they never even supplied me with a tracking number) I began to really worry about the gecko. I called Snakes At Sunset twice to try to find out what was going on and got an answering machine. This was around 11:00 when they open. Eventually realizing that my package was not going to be delivered (it was already passed the 10:30 guaranteed delivery time) I left to go visit my dad. Later that day after waiting for a call back that never came, I called and got an employee who supplied me with a tracking number. I called fed ex and was told that Snakes at sunset botched the shipping address. Irritating, but mistakes happen right? I called beck to snakes at sunset to update them as to where the gecko was thinking that they'd be concerned just like me. Another employee answers the phone and before I can even tell him why I was calling he tells me he wouldn't be able to help me because he really doesn't know what he's doing?!!! He instructed me to "call back in about ten minutes and ask for Mike". Ten minutes go by and I call again. Someone answers and I politely say "Is mike available please?" I get a super blunt and rude response of "what's your call about" with obvious attitude. I explain the situation and finally ask "is this Mike?" Thinking don't tell me this rude $&@ hole is the owner. His reply is "no...he's too busy"... Not sorry but he's really busy right now. Can he give you a call back in a minute or something tactful like that but "he's too busy" my response was to ask (irritated at this point) "He's too busy to talk to a customer who's live animal is lost in the mail because of his company's mistake?" A properly trained employee at this point would probably apologize and put the boss on the phone, but instead he gives me a smart-ass "yes". After flat out telling him "Put Mike on the phone!" several times he finally gives in. He puts Mike on and I explain what is going on and how rudely I'd been treated by his employees and was told by Mike that "Yes" he is "to busy" and that he has 3 customers in his store! I guess making another sale is more important than following up on making sure animals make it to their new homes safely.
His solution to the problem was to tell me to track down the package myself( which at this point I had already done). I told him it was at a fed ex location an hour away from my house. And he told me he was too busy to talk "go pick it up. No apology for his companies mistake, no apology for his employees or HIS rude behavior... Not even the slightest concern for the animal itself just "I'm busy... Go pick it up. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS "MAN" OR HIS PITIFUL EXCUSE FOR A "BUSINESS". There are tons of knowledgable polite professional alternatives out there. I wish I had read reviews On Snakes At Sunset before I gave him my business. At least in the end the gecko made it out of that place and found a good home:)

I recently bought a beautiful male baby ball python and couldn't be happier. They shipped him immediately (he was at my house in less than24 hours and was warm & healthy. )All their shipping info is on their website and they answered all of my questions.

By Sarah W.

Helpful answer -1

Well, you can read the bad reviews for yourself to find out. Most of them are the poor customer service and, yes, it is bad. My sister ordered a red tail boa from here about a year ago and it was like pulling teeth to get his birth date, last shed, what he's currently eating, etc. from them. I just ordered two ball pythons two days ago and still have not received shipping confirmation, tracking number, or follow up, etc. I do not, however, have any experience with animals from them being sick - as many of the reviews claim.

By Rowan B.
Questions? Get answers from the Snakes at Sunset staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Snakes at Sunset