Review of Snaglo

Tel: 1-303-893-0552

10 reviews with 1 star

shadowa
7/23/10

If you are thinking about trying Snaglo.com........DON'T. It is a complete scam. If you try to get your money back you might as well whistle in the wind. I'm sure they have actomatic bidding. I try and try and try to win and I never win. I can sit at the computer for hours trying to get something and I am always outbid. When will I ever learn!!! I should have checked this site first, but I heard it recommended on TV and I trusted them..........HA !!! This site should be reported to the Better Business Bureau.

jamess17
7/15/10

Well this site is a complete scam. If anyone remembers the other website centtree.com was advertised on tv not to long ago and if you try to go to it the website will not load. Why is this you ask, because they got busted and there website was removed form the internet!!!!!!!!!

kimberleek
7/10/10

I don't think snaglo is exactly a scam it's more like this. They make the price go up by 1 cent at a time. This is the key to their operation. They advertise a DSi XL retail 189.99 they want 12.00 shipping they start at a penny. The auction goes up to 20 dollars. At a penny each that's 2000 bids. if you do the math even if everyone who bid bought the large bid package making it .62 a bid they made $1240 yes ONE-THOUSAND AND FOURTY DOLLARS on that item. Now say you waisted 50 bids since they up the timer with every one you just spent 37.50 to win it for 20 to pay 12 for shipping total cost = $69.50 + tax makes you wanna go after Thanksgiving day sale shopping at 4 in the morning it would be much less irratating.

richardb11
6/25/10

I really really really ABSOLUTELY HATE that there is no Search option!!!! Who really wants to go through every single page and see things they really don't care about? So sorry I ever wasted time creating my account. I'll stick with eBay! :)

julieannl
4/8/10

A total scam! You have to pay to bid...when there is a minute left and someone (or better yet snaglo) bids it adds another minute to the timer...when the timer finaly stops...it says 'Going' for about a minute givin more time to bid...the screen names are pretty much all the same! Thank god all I did was sign up for 3 free bids!! I did not pay any money for bids! If you wanna see for yourself do as I did.....just get the 3 free bids....do not pay! An you will see for yourself!!

jacquesv
4/3/10

My text is too long to fit here..

bertg1
3/31/10

lousy timer malfunctions a lot and often whoever placed bid before malfunction wins it seems

danv
3/12/10

The site is a complete scam and if your dumb enough to buy in to it you should be taken. If you do even a little research you can figure out for yourself that what they claim to sell an item for is not what you really pay, or what you pay for others to win. You are charged to buy bids, and then you use those bids but don't get them back when you lose. If you take what the item "sold" for and divide by how much the item went up by (2,4,6,12, of 24 cents), you see how many bids there were. Now take those bids and multiply by roughly .75 cents per bid, you really see how much those items sold for. It seems that most items sold for retail price or even higher.

bobw
3/8/10

I also won a $50 gift card a few weeks back and haven't received anything. Be VERY Weary of this website. Do your research and you will find that they have automatic bidder robots to boost the price.. its very scammy!

johns35
2/28/10

I heard this site advertised on the Howard Stern show, so I thought I'd check it out. My first impression was , "Wow, what a great idea, plus a chance to win items up to 95% off SRP...Great!
Once I learned the concept of the bidding system and how Snaglo makes $, I came to realize that it was no different than throwing away $ at a game of chance at a carnival. The bids are designed for suckers who fall into the trap that they can actually get something for nothing.
I purchased the lowest bid package ($37.50 - 50 bids) just to see if I was wrong, and began to bid on a DVD, a product that historically went to a bidder with only 3-4 bids max.. As soon as the timer got down to 3 secs left someone began to get into a bidding war with me. This went back and forth with me till I dumped approx $8.00, until I eventually stopped to let the other person win.
I honestly believe this site is running fraudulent activities by planting their own people on the site with 100's of free bids to drive up the price and take people $.
Eventually a network like 20/20 or Dateline will cover a story on them, which will expose them for their illegal activities...watch.

Has anyone had a good or bad experiance with this auction site? Anyone think the have "bots" working the hi-dollar auctions?

By Mark H.
Questions? Get answers from the Snaglo staff and other customers.

Snaglo?