Review of SmallWorlds

SmallWorlds reviews

17 reviews with 1 star

ss335
5/1/18

i already registering an hour. after put all correct info i couldnst log in, after i sent 2 emails to reset my password, more than an hour... still waiting. it ridiculous.. Great begging.. or ending with this company.

swtgg

please
so we can have our money back

cm244
2/26/18

If you are considering letting your child(ren) play smallworlds and they're black, they may feel excluded from the smallworlds community due to the lack of black representation by smallworlds. There's discrimination by smallworlds towards blacks, they rarely include black looking avatars(esp. with dark skin) in their advertisements and when they do, it's stereotypical racist. For example, actual advertisements by smallworlds of a black looking, brown skin avatar with cornrows advertised in a prison inmate uniform and a black looking, brown skin avatar in an Escalade looking truck with big rims. Your black child(ren) may feel excluded by the exclusion of ethnic textured hair and styles provided to them by smallworlds. There's only 3 ethnic textured hair and styles and more than 4 times as much european straight hair and styles. This exclusion is unfair and wrong to smallworlds' black players. "Smallworlds the game you belong" excluding blacks yeah they left that part out. Your child(ren) may be subjected to racial slurs made by players opposed to black ethnic looking avatars. A lot of bullying takes place on smallworlds and chances of your child(ren) being bullied and having racial slurs directed at them due to their black ethnic looking avatar (esp dark skin) is even greater. reporting these issues to smallworlds for the most part falls on deaf ears. They could care less. Other reasons smallworlds is crap and that I feel this game should be 17 and up, is the sexual explicit language by players, sexual suggestive dance movements created by players, music provided by smallworlds through soundcloud and youtube that contain sexually explicit content, drug use, cursing, and violence. There's alot of cursing that goes on, homophobic slurs made, harassment both sexual and non sexual made by many players on Smallworlds. Smallworlds monthly wears rares etc. suck because they lack creativity, many of them contain glitches and many of them, you can't properly wear like they were designed to wear. The wears may not remain on and will will come off as you change spaces and smallworlds doesn't fix those issues nor do they refund. Earning gold through the advertisements they provide can put viruses on your computer, it actually happened to me. Smallworlds security is weak they leave bugs unfixed, technical issues unresolved, make it easy for hackers to create fake gold and use the fake gold to buy items on smallworlds including your own that you have for sale then you're out of your gold and your items. Smallworlds then will demand you to reimburse them if your account goes into the negative due to the hackers and will restrict you access to your account till your account is in the positive. Smallworlds will not take responsibility for their weak security system. They make it easy for hackers phishers to possibly get your personal information. Smallworlds will lock players out of their account for no real valid reason. Spending real money on smallworlds is a waste and I wouldn't advise it. they're all about just taking your money and not about the players. Their communication is poor and they take an unreasonable amount of time to get back with you especially urgent matters having to do with the security of your account. You'd think they'd speed up with their response when having to do with security of your account

amberh82
2/20/18

I went to support to report that my account was compromised. After a month of trying to prove my identity, I was permanently banned for "selling" my account, which I didn't do. Apparently it's too difficult for this company to actually help their players. They would rather accuse and ban. Their newest update is a campaign begging players for money. If they didn't ban the innocent, maybe they would be financially stable. Invest your money elsewhere, not Smallworlds!

kikim3
11/21/15

Smallworlds is a peice of $#*! and unprotected like non sercurity!

vickyv2
1/30/15

Smallworlds... where do I start?
My stay on this site was short and unpleasant. DO NOT USE THIS SITE! PARENTS, IF YOU SEE YOUR KIDS ON THIS SITE, ASK THEM TO GET OFF OF IT IMMEDIATELY!
Some reasons why Smallworlds is not a good website:
1. Most people are rude and there is a HUGE bullying issue.
2. People are biased towards VIPs, if you have VIP and a huge Citizen Level, you are more likely to get friends. On the other hand, most, if not all non VIPs are harassed daily.
3. The moderators on the game are only people who apply for the position, and are unpaid. Most of these moderators are biased, steal from people and band whoever they want to ban.
4. They do not reimburse you for items that you buy (with real money) that don't show up or disappear.
5. If you spend over $100 at a time on it, you will get banned for "scamming", even if the payment went through.
6. If you use Paypal, Smallworlds will steal money from your paypal account.
7. It is very easy to get hacked/compromised. Even if you tell somebody the email that you log in with, they can still gain access to your account.
8. Smallworlds is very unoriginal. they steal clothing items such as the "Kitty Stockings", "Rainbow Striped Socks", "Wrap Around tights", etc.

If you want to play a good virtual game, try Meez.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE PAYPAL

marcusr24
7/17/14

This game is not good at all, the staff are rude and pick favorites. They ban you for no reason, steal your money and leave you hanging with no advice etc, they are all a bunch of fakes. Dont go there you will regret it for life. It takes years to get your account back services are poor and the quality overall is $#*!.

concernedm1
6/26/14

Smallworlds.com is a virtual game based around 13 years of age and older, complete with cyber bullying, virtual sex, swearing and violence. Moderation are not official employees of Outsmart and are handpicked average players. Moderation abuses players IP addresses in order to spy on playing accounts, chat conversations and transactions for their own amusement. Moderators have also been known to steal from players accounts. Smallworlds.com is unsafe and unsecure. Since the cyber bullying, virtual sex, swearing and violence has got so severe, they now place an official Outsmart Staff member in a known popular space called Town Center. I have witnessed this particular Staff member belittle their very own paying customers and players who are most likely teenagers. Below are screenshots. I do not, nor will I ever, recommend this game to any parent let alone any human being. Just say NO to Smallworlds.com! Screen 1: http://i57.tinypic.com/2jbjgiu.png Screen 2: http://i59.tinypic.com/517qme.png

amandat25
5/21/14

Company steals money from players and does not deliver goods purchased.

Been playing for years and have had two easter baskets and two bunny ears disappear from my inventory. I bought these items directly from smallworlds as packages. When I contacted them about my lost items, I was told I was basically S.O.L.

Sunny Daze is a vile monstrosity of a mod that needs to be reprimanded and fired. I've seen her actually attack people on the Bug Report forum for asking a question. If you have a problem with Smallworlds, it is your fault...not Smallworlds. Smallworlds doesn't make mistakes. All you get told to do is 'dump your cache and delete cookies and switch to another avatar'. Well, Sunny...I hope your day comes soon enough.

The amount of sexual talk and swearing in this game is ridiculous. Reporting in world does absolutely nothing. 8 year olds are preyed upon by sexual predators, and people have 'cyber sex' in public spaces.

emilye7
5/7/14

Well, i spent a lot of money, time and effort on my character, and just yesterday i got banned for no reason at all!! I was actually playing it and i was at my house and then after a while i went to go to a place to buy new items, then the screen wasn't loading and then i refreshed and it brought me to the smallworlds home screen, and then i tried to log back in and it said this account has been locked? I tried again today and it still wasn't working? I never ever scammed, spammed or anything so i don't know why that happened. All they want is your money, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME! YOU WILL REGRET IT! I actually got banned on my other one too for no reason at all, and now i am never playing this get EVER again. It sucks.

andread15
8/28/13

So, I dont know about this website anymore... I have been saving up my gold for over 2 months to get vip. so today I finally had enough money to get it and I was really excited... so then I purchased the 1,500 gold "one month vip" and just after that I went to change my look and clicked on a vip hair, and it said "your vip has expired, renew it now to continue using vip features" and I had only JUST bought vip like 3 seconds before! Has anyone else had this happen to them?

smallworldsd
8/11/13

Most Corrupt Game Ever! Despite repeated attempts to get staff to fix space searching, they allowed one player to have exclusive access to search results for spaces for sale for a year. They refuse to take steps to mitigate the damages caused and won't respond to repeated posts in the forums. Worst support in the history of online games. Don't waste your time and especially don't waste your money.

chingad
6/28/13

This website is 101% unsafe. I used to play all the time, I got really addicted, and I was V.I.P , I had recently bought the 12 month pckage for £50! Which is like $75 (i think) and I was just playing one day when it came up 'Smallworlds has loaded in another view'. So , I reloaded and there was someone on my account. I changed my password but they didn't log off. They took all of my things, including gold, items, places, tokens of course, which all together I have paid around... £250 for and i THINK that is around $375. So I was heartbroken because I had so many friends on this game and I was really addicted and then in 10 minutes everything was gone. So, then I logged off and logged back on in 3 days after because I was bored, and it said ' this account is banned'. I checked my email and it said I was banned for 'phishing' , and guess what? This exact same thing happened to my brother around 1 year before me. I ignored it when it happened to him because I was so addicted but of course I wish I had been cautious. And also, 2 years before I was hacked and banned aka scammed, I had purchased a package and used paypal. Months later my mum realised chunks of money coming out of her account. Until one day, when £5000 WAS TAKEN OUT HER ACCOUNT. She couldn't stand this and went to check with her bank, and her bank said the money was taken out from 'Smallworlds.com'. It may have been paypal because after that nothing like that happened with Smallworlds, but there is a good chance it was SmallWorlds, seeing how far they can go with scamming. So long story short, this website is very unsafe, DO NOT USE IT!

katies12
6/15/13

It's dreadful! You get banned for no reason and all they want is your money! Beware everyone, don't use this website.

bryans3
7/18/11

#1 I WOULDNT RATE THIS SITE AT ALL! THEY ARE RIPOFF ARTISTS THAT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF KIDS PLAYING A GAME. MY SON SPENT OVER $150 ON THIS SITE THEN THEY BANNED HIM FOR "PHISHING". AS THEY SAID IN AN EMAIL TO HIM. HE DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT WAS AND HAD TO ASK ME WHAT IT WAS. THERE WAS NOTHING THAT HE COULD HAVE DONE ON THIS SITE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN PHISHING. I HAVE SENT SEVERAL EMAILS TO THIS COMPANY AND THERE IS NO RESPONSE. THERE IS NO ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER ON THE SITE. ANY SITE THAT TAKES MONEY FROM PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE AN ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

It depends, if you pish once your'll probably get banned for a week, but if you do it over and over again your account will get banned forever.

By Ursula P.

I played for 3 years,i had nothin gonit then but now i had so much things a mansion some expensive clothes some expensive furniture i had so much friends onit.Then the next day i came onit and it said you have been locked.They never sent an email to me.All they do is take your things scam you !

By misty S.

Questions? Get answers from the SmallWorlds staff and other customers.

SmallWorlds?