SHOP.CA

SHOP.CA has a consumer rating of 1.72 stars from 217 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SHOP.CA also ranks 281st among Electronics sites. The most common issues with SHOP.CA are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• So I made my first purchase with Shop.ca after finding a discount coupon on the web.

• On requesting customer service, I was told my credit could not be honored due to management change in July/August 2016 !
  • If you are wondering why your order still not arrived, the reason is shop.ca doesn't pay suppliers money.
How would you rate SHOP.CA?

“This is a good website for shopping”

Faith A.
8/21/17

I ordered a ukulele a month ago and it said it will be arrived on August 14 and it did so this is a normal website

“Illiterate”

Junior Q.
6/23/17

If I could give it 0 stars I would. I bought a package as a gift to my girlfriend who lives 3000 kms away. Gave them her shipping address and my billing address so I would receive the bill and she would receive the gift. And what do you think happened. That's right some how I got the gift that I bought for her and she received the bills that were suppose to come to me. Mind u it was suppose to be a surprise for her. Instead I got this unwanted surprise. Bravo. Learning to take time to read would be ideal but it doesn't happen with this company

customer service (55) order (142) credit card (16) item (85) 2 weeks (11) 3 weeks (9) store credit (7) supplier processing (4) 3 days (6) email (90) gift cards (11) christmas gift (8)
markp674
August 26th, 2019
time delays in shipping (getting orders processed to when it is shipped) are long. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired - very slow in responding. have not been overly impressed with quality of product
leanneh12
October 10th, 2016
I placed an order September 24; still have not received it. No one EVER answers the phone and I have yet to get a response to my email....super annoying. Not impressed at all.
brandonr44
January 7th, 2017
I have had successful transactions with shop.ca before but this latest one is terrible.

Part of my order was cancelled without notice and the other part has been "Shipping Soon" for 2 weeks. When contacting customer service by e-mail you do not get a response and by phoning their number you are told they are experiencing a higher than normal call volume and the machine hangs up.

Very sketchy. At this point I would like to just cancel my order and purchase from somewhere I trust.
ShopCA T. – SHOP.CA Rep
Sorry to hear about that. We would love to regain your confidence in us so if you would please email support@shop.ca with your order id and subject line Site Jabber we would like to look into this and get back to you.

Thanks,

SHOP
sandran30
March 27th, 2016
I ordered from these guys and took advantage of free shipping promo they had, it took for ever to arrive. I asked to return the item so they charged me for shipping and deducted it from the return.
ShopCA T. – SHOP.CA Rep
Hi Sandra, I apologize we did not do a better job on your purchase. SHOP.CA offers free returns on almost all items on our site as long as the product qualifies for our return policy.
wendys58
November 18th, 2015
Ordered a guitar amp for a birthday gift back on October 27th. November 17th and still no idea when it will arrive. Emailed them and get nice apologetic replies but no results. used my intro discount but will never use them again.

Update: I did finally get an amp. I think it was few weeks later. The support staff was very apologetic and said it was the supplier and I finally agreed on a floor model for a slightly reduced price. ( the unit was fine and is a good product) . Still, it was for a birthday and was way overdue when they had said it was in stock.
ShopCA T. – SHOP.CA Rep
Hey Wendy, sorry for the frustration! If there are issues with a shipment our Customer Loyalty Team will work with the merchant to provide an update as soon as possible.
joej59
November 3rd, 2015
(They pay Google to promote these ads to reel you into their website)
They advertise a good deal on a Yamaha keyboard piano so I ordered it.
They send me a cheaper model. I tell them, they say return it for a refund their website was a mistake. After reading other peoples complaints I decide not to take a chance shipping it back and maybe it gets damaged and then I would be without the keyboard and the refund.
Shop.ca is only good if you have a $50 off coupon which I did, so it was still a good deal.
Customer service and shipping was fast.

Tip for consumers: Get a $50 off coupon

ShopCA T. – SHOP.CA Rep
Hey Joe, we're happy to hear you got a good deal! With our huge selection of products pricing errors may occur, despite best efforts. We offer Free Returns and will provide a prepaid Canada Post shipping label for you to send your item(s) back!
nanetteb
December 20th, 2015
I ordered a small guitar in for a Christmas gift. Order was placed November 30, wasn't shipped until December 17, expected delivery is December 30. So much for a Christmas gift, and with all the poor reviews on returns I'm not even going there! This is my first experience with shop.ca
I would stick with other sites.
ShopCA T. – SHOP.CA Rep
Hi Nanette, I am really sorry to hear your guitar was not with you in time for Christmas. We are disappointed anytime an order is not shipped on time and are always looking into the cause so we can ensure this does not happen again.
ritar5
August 31st, 2015
One month to receive an outdoor furniture set that was supposed to arrive in 5 days.
Another month to have someone pick it up as the set was damaged.
Endless, and I mean endless frustrating hours on the phone struggling to get the arrangements made.
The Shop.ca staff did their best, and I thank them for their efforts, but their hands are tied as all arrangements must be made through the distributor.
Shop.ca is merely the middleman, with no authority or ability to make anything happen should something go wrong.
hardd1
December 17th, 2014
I ordered a blue plaid shirt and waiting over two weeks for it to be delivered, to make things worse, the shirt was not even blue or the same brand name as the one I ordered. I thought maybe I had selected the wrong shirt and checked out before confirming but my order history and invoice left no doubt it wasn't my error. After I sent an email to Shop.ca, they responded two days later with a shipping label for a refund and that the shirt I wanted was out of stock.
davet41
November 8th, 2014
wanted to order some shoes from shop.ca but there never in stock so i gave up
keirac1
May 28th, 2014
Some of the items are expensive and are not available. I tried an alternate site a friend recommended and I got hooked into it. It's fun and shopping can be so addicting. If you love shopping, then you should try it too.
th3769
March 24th, 2014
I ordered laser printer toner from them, because of a promotion through PayPal with Shop.ca. The price was good because of the discount. Shipping was fast, everything arrived fine. But the product is crap! Might as well have no toner in my printer! So I complained to customer service. Only an automated response saying we'll get back to you.

So let's see: they sell junk, and won't respond when you complain about it. The good is they ship the junk to you ASAP!

Say away! Not recommended!
lindsaym22
December 4th, 2013
I recently ordered a package of dog treats through them. When I received that treats, they were packaged in a small, squished envelope. When I opened it, sure enough, the dog treats were completely crushed to DUST! Why they were not wrapped in bubble wrap, I will never understand. Now people are telling me that it is not shop.ca fault and that I have to contact the supplier. That is ridiculous! Shop.ca should be held responsible because they were who I went through to purchase the treats. Why should I have to hunt down the supplier when I never went through them personally?
katm10
November 18th, 2013
I Recieved both the paypal and shop.ca offers, so was contemplating trying this site. I found that the prices were not that great, but if applying the $50 credit (PayPal and Shop.ca) it could bring it down to be a pretty reasonable price.

I am glad that I came across these reviews though!! Think I'll pass for now, and continue with ebay and merchant sites, until I see some more positve feedback! :-)

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.
suep12
October 6th, 2013
coupon was good but customer service is horrendous. i have contacted them repeatedly for a return shipping label - through their site, on the phone, by email - no reply. i don't think i will order from them again unless they have a very good deal. original prices are inflated...much prefer amazon with great customer service and better prices.
gr2942
September 27th, 2013
Ordered an item and the wrong color product was delivered...multiple follow-ups and still haven't resolved the situation...customer service seems to be working off a phonebooth!
twistedt
November 12th, 2013
I received the PayPal email as well re 50$ credit on a purchase of 100$ or more. I tried placing an order and it wasn't very clear when how how the credits are to be applied. I got 25 from Show.ca but the other 25 I couldn't figure out. so I backed out of the order and tried again. It still didn't add the second $25 credit so I back out again and then found something that explains the 25$ from Airmiles gets applied After. So I placed the oder again three times to have shop.ca reject and cancel them due to lack of stocl. I thought it was me so I kept trying - I do think they have an issue on stock accuracy that is causing part of the problem. I deleted one item that was in stock and then all of a sudden wasn't in stock and voila... the order appears to have gone through. Both credits were eventually received and I got my 120$ purchase for 70$. I doubt I will be back. It is hard to excuse such a poor webside and confusion service in this day. It is far easier to shop on Best Buy.
dianac11
December 18th, 2013
Regarding the Shop.ca PayPal $25 offer... I kept a diary. I ordered two items on November 28.

I was already a shop.ca customer (but never ordered until now and a long time user of PayPal. I figured this would be a good chance to use the rewards gift card I had and get a xmas gift. My total was $77, and after using my rewards it came to $52. I did see the Special Offer text listed on the checkout process at shop.ca, but then I was charged the full amount through PayPal. I contacted shop.ca by email two days after my order. No reply, no automated acknowledgement either.

December 2.
Second time contacting Shop.ca, there was an automated receipt message, and a day later, another email with a complete copy paste of what was written on the PayPal offer page, and a suggestion to call PayPall on their toll free number.
Ive opened a dispute with PayPal and am waiting for a reply. The way I see it, its false advertising if the discount isnt applied automatically in the transaction details through PayPal.
Oddly enough, today I got an email from Shop.ca regarding their November sales and how some customers had bad experiences, and offering me a $10 gift certificate. Strangely enough, it went to my primary PayPal email and not to the email account I use for the site.

December 4
Received ONE of the ordered items. Seems the other one is being sent in a separate parcel. The invoice for the single item has nothing to do with the invoice processed on the site.
Further reply from shop.ca regarding the missing PayPal discount says: Unfortunately I do not have insight into your Paypal account. I suggest you give Paypal a call and they should be able to better assist you!. This after I added transaction details to my email. Looks like the dispute within PayPal will need to be escalated to a claim.

December 5
Received second item. With a separate invoice, from a different shipping address too. Not sure what is going on with these invoices, they don't even have the same layout. Shop.ca customer service contacted 3 times, escalated dispute on PayPal to a claim. The refund still doesn't show on PayPal nor my credit card invoice.

December 18
PayPal resolved the claim and decided in my favor. They refunded me the entire amount of my purchase, which was a surprise, since I just expected the $25 refund.

Do not recommend using this site. The ordering process seems confusing (why two shipments, from different places, with different invoices that don't even show my discounts or total that was processed on the site?), the offer refund was forgotten and the customer service is seriously lacking. ANYONE can copy/paste text from a page. It takes a little more than that for online customer service, especially when people are having problems with your "false advertising" of a credit when they clearly have gone through all the right steps and met the requirements for said credit.
michaelh131
December 22nd, 2014
My first order arrive quickly with no issues, price was good with the coupon available at the time as well.

My 2nd order has been atrocious. Customer support has been useless. The only reason I'm ordering is because of the Paypal 40 off 99 offer that was sent, otherwise everything I'm ordering is cheaper elsewhere. Anywyas, the promo doesn't work. The shop.ca checkout doesn't work with the paypal promo as acknowledged by their support staff. You'd think they'd be on to fix it right away considering its the xmas holiday buying season. However they don't seem to care. They got the free publicity from Paypal already and are just now "accidently" refusing to honor it. Shady business, site has many glitches. Customer service sucks, and the prices are not that good unless you get a promo code.

Tip for consumers: Search around, there's other more reputable sites where most stuff is cheaper. Sometimes items that rarely go on sale are cheaper here with a coupon.

Hey Lindsay, if your item happens to be damaged during shipment please let us know right away and we will absolutely work with our merchant to ensure that a replacement is sent out to you!

See more answers (4)

Hey Amanda, you can definitely use your PayPal account for purchases on SHOP.CA!

See more answers (2)

What is being done about all the negative comments being posted about shop.ca? has shop.ca sorted out the bankruptcy and has a future or will it's membership drop and those who remain not get the cashback deals or even have enough confidence and trust to shop with shop.ca with the company seeming troubled. there is not a lot of press about the the current status of the company, more of the past press shows up in searches which has to have a negative effect on consumer confidence and even merchants wanting to sell on shop.ca because of the fear of damaging their brand if consumers are dissatisfied and posting complaints. i would really like to know the answers from someone who actually can answer accurately, not from someone that is just slamming the company or making comments about the costs of product since that has very little to do with the service or dependability of the company. in my opinion trust and service is a bigger concern over getting the cheapest price. shopping on line shouldn't just be about squeezing every penny out of a merchant, it should be also about getting product reliably, conveniently and having accountability for any problems customers may have. without getting what your paying for and expecting buying the cheapest possible price that can be found for a comparable product means nothing. i would hope a company focuses on all aspects of why a customers shops with them, not just being the cheapest, i much rather allow someone to make a bit more profit if that allows them to build a better service that is trustworthy and reliable.

Hi Sean, You will notice that we are responding to all comments and have now, finally, resumed normal services. Our email response times are within 24 hours and all items are being delivered ina timely manner. The cash back programs are running along with other affiliates and aeroplan deals. As you can imagine, ever since the bankruptcy news, getting stability back was our biggest concern. We are working very hard to win back our customers and vendors because we understand that the faith had dropped. But we want to continue the good work that was being done before. You can also see from our products that we are reasonably priced. Our motto is not to be the cheapest, but to be the most reliable. And we are working towards that. Hope this helps restoring some faith. Regards

By ShopCA T.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SHOP.CA staff and other customers.

Shop.ca is the starting point for shopping and saving online. We're delivering the very best deals to you and for you, all in one place. Make us your first s...

ShopCA T.
Typically does not respond to reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SHOP.CA?

Have a question about SHOP.CA?