Review of Shop Hers

Santa Monica, CA 90404, US
customerservice@shop-hers.com

anges12
2/26/17

Shame on Jaclyn Shanfeld, a failed actress turned unethical entrepreneur. Tradesy and/or shophers.com sold me two fake handbags at the cost of used originals. BEWARE! Had both bags tested and turned out to be FAKE.

marilynz2
1/30/17

I would be addressing this very important issues. Its quite obvious they don't care. We will see how long they stay in business.

mariamb1
6/17/16

I had a terrible experience with this company, and if I had the time and energy I would do more than write bad reviews, because I am still mad. I was a VIP customer, in that I took my stuff in person and had them photo and list the items. They said that the final price is up to us to decide. Within one day they sold my items for almost nothing, and there was NOTHING I could do about it. They gave me 10% of an item I wanted (tom ford glasses), so I saved $10 after losing a few hundred. I complained, and the owner actually had the audacity to just accept it because they gave me "Such a good deal" on a purse I bought earlier.

wendyv9
3/7/16

After receiving my ' genuine' Louis Vuitton customer jewellery set of $350, I immediately noticed it was fake. Took it to the LV store and it was confirmed fake. I emailed Shop-Hers twice and received NO REPLY. When you purchase items online that are confirmed 'genuine' and they turn out to be fake, you expect the customer service to respond immediately but as there was no reply, and after reading the comments on this page I have a clearer picture of how many fake items this company sells as 'genuine'. An absolute disgrace.

jessicav21
1/24/16

I bought a Burberry bag and it's said authentic but I took it to Burberry store to cleaned my bag , a sale person said it was fake bag, it's the best replica Burberry bag that why I can't noticed it only professional authentic person can noticed, I did contact them over email more than 20 times but didn't hear from them. This is my lesson to learned , I paid over $700 for this bag ... Please stay away of the site, I will file complain to BBB

jiselem
1/18/16

I purchased a Marc Jacobs tote as a diaper bag for my daughter. The photo they showed was a tan bag with an attached name tag and signature Marc Jacobs id tag in the center top of the bag. well when I finally got my purchase 2 weeks later, the bag was olive green, and instead of the signature id plate there was Marc Jacobs screen printed in gold letters. The handles were cheap and cracked, and inside the bag was a cheap screen print with Marc Jacobs all over the inside. NOTHING like the black and white print on the inside of my Marc Jacobs handbag. So disappointed. i thought i was getting a steal when it said new with tags. No tags were attached. Looked like a knock off somebody would sell out of the trunk of their car. I will never purchase from them again.

sadbago
12/16/15

THEY ALLOW THE SALE OF FAKE BAGS! Don't shop here (or tradesy which they just merged with) they can't be trusted... The reason why I choose to purchase my bag from shop-hers is the apparent authenticity check that happens before the bag is sent to the buyer. Well this NEVER HAPPENED. The bag I purchased was a FAKE! It wasn't until my friend who was an authenticator told me my bag was fake that I began researching this company. I have reached out to them and yet to hear back from them. I am reporting the selling of fake good to BBB, and will press until I get my money back. This is ridiculous, don't claim to authenticate when you don't do it.

stefanis1
12/2/15

I purched a supposed Chanel handbag. It was actually a gift with purchase for buying perfume. It never stated that it was a gwp, they called it a vip bag. I wore it twice, and it broke. I wrote customer service 5 times, and when someone finally got back to me that said it was a final sale. No where was is said that it was a final purchase. Now they won't return any correspondence. These people are nothing but con artists. Do not use this site!!!

katarinav
11/15/15

I have ordered numerous times from this site and never had any issues. I also order from Canada you gotta be aware of the currency exchange. Most of the items that I have ordered and receiver were exactly as described. It takes awhile to ship the items sometimes but I usually receive the items within a week. I also love the fact that you can negotiate with the seller.
I always make sure that I properly examine all the items and ask for more pictures if necessary.
So far, I haven't been dissapointed.

lorif22
10/25/15

I was lucky that I got quite a few great deals through this site, and then I noticed that they started sending me things that were labeled as "new" and they would show up obviously in worn out condition. Customer service can be flat out mean!! I bought a designer bag from them, not realizing that they had changed everything to final sale. I received it and the leather was horribly creased, and stuffed into a very small, tight box. The bottom of the bag was clearly damaged because the corners were all bent and mis-shapen because of how it was packed. I showed this bag to two other people whom agreed with me. I sent it back to shop-hers and wrote an email explaining how damaged and creased it was. They flat out called me a liar and said they all agreed that the bag was in "impeccable" condition. I had to call Amex to get my money back, Amex contacted me soon after talking to them and the amex representative flat out told me, "Hi, we normally do a 30 day investigation to get someones money back, however, I just spoke to them, and I can't believe how rude and unprofessional people like that are even in business! Consider the investigation closed as of today! we are permanently credited your account for the bag, don't worry about it" Thank God for Amex!!! I would never shop there again, nor would I suggest it to anyone. A friend bought a very expensive Cartier bracelet from them, went to get it insured and was informed that it was a fake. Shop-hers did nothing to help her. She was out about$12,000.00 They have some nerve!!!

cristinao2
10/20/15

Was about to make my first purchase , thank God I decided to take a look at the reviews first.
Sounds like a total fraud , would never make a purchase here.

Thank you all and good luck.

jasminem21
10/19/15

I've never gotten a response from you guys and this is very unprofessional you've depostied .16 and .65 cents into my account and when I went to verify those amounts it's stating that is invalid you have my account number obviously just submit my money into my account I will never do business with you guys again my first and last time selling stuff online and I just emailed u again

Response from Shop H., Shop Hers Representative
Hello,

We have responded to you over 7 times asking for the e-mail affiliated to your Shop Hers account. You have not responded to us with an answer. You are e-mailing from an address that is not affiliated to your account therefore we are unable to look into this matter. Again, we have responded to you 7 times now and never received a response back.

Please provide the e-mail affiliated to your account or the order number you are referring to.

We have not ignored any of your e-mails and continued to ask for information to look into your account.
lestarib1
10/8/15

Recently bought an expensive chanel bag via Shop Hers. When I received the bag, the authentication card was missing although the seller confirmed that she had it. Also there was no garment bag/box that came with it. There were two big black marks on the inside flap that were not listed. The list said, "Mint condition with no sign of use at all. It honestly looks brand new. Inside and outside are perfectly clean".
When I filed complained to customer service, she said that the bag was in perfect condition when left their warehouse, which was not. She said there was no return because it was a final sale, which also not listed as a final sale item either.
She refused to solve this problem and told me to re-list the item instead. She would not reach to seller to resolve the problem when seller advertise her items. If this is how they conduct their business, let this be my lesson and yours and I will not do any business with them anymore. I will also report this to BBB.

paiges9
9/25/15

I am a Canadian customer and was looking to purchase a wallet from another Canadian consignment company online. I clicked on a local site that said "shop online" I was re-directed to "Shop Hers". I found a wallet I liked and clicked to purchase. After 5 days of no communication I called the seller directly and they informed me they would need to send the wallet to San Diego to have the wallet authenticated then Shop Hers would send it to me. Not only did I have to pay in USD from a Canadian seller and company but am also on the hook for customs and related fees. When I contacted Shop Hers and informed them that I wanted to cancel my order and I would pay for the item to be returned to the seller and pay the 10% cancellation fee I was pretty much told tough luck that I didn't read the process and that the sale is final but that I am welcome to re-sell on Shop Hers. I wanted to shop with a Canadian business to spend CAD and not USD and to avoid customs. Worst communication, now email is just not answered as if they are ignoring me and hoping the problem will just go away. Pretty much stuck paying $400 for a used wallet that I could have bought first hand for $100 more. Disclosure! Disclosure! Disclosure! A word Shop Hers clearly doesn't understand.

claudasiag
9/22/15

I sold a designer bag on shophers.com August 30,2015. It's almost 30 days later. I still haven't received my payment. The bag sold at $725 and they take 18 percent. So why haven't I received my payment as of yet. I had emailed them and Blair responded with sorry for the delay. Since then I have been emailing and calling that BB shopher.com number. I left a messages and no one has responded. I entrusted in this business and now I am fearful to ever do business with them again. I need my payment. Order number 408-104446.

evelynm15
9/22/15

I sold a pair of Valentino rock studs pumps for $700 and never received my payment. I have sent numerous e-mails and voicemails but no response SMH. I have open a case with the BBB, IC3 and local police. Please beware of this company!

brandys10
9/22/15

I sold my T&Co jewelry (Order Number: 408-104306) and it was delivered to Shop-hers on Sept 8. I still have NOT received any payment from shophers until today, which is the 10th business day or 14th day. All my previous payments were received LATE too! I can't even contact their customer service because there is NO number to contact and NO ONE is responsding my email since yesterday. I left a comment on their facebook page yesterday, and they took it down when I checked today. It seems that they BLOCKED my facebook account. So today, I used a different facebook account to leave the same comment on their FB page. It seems that they have forgotten my right to my own money.
Will Shop-hers ever pay men? Is there any agency I can complain this matter to?

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!!!

ashleyp50
9/18/15

There couldn't possibly be a worst customer service than this one. They are rude, short, and offer virtually nothing to the customer. They only respond via email and basically might as well tell you to F-off. I wouldn't dare spend my money on this site. Aside from that, the deals are also really bad and they offer no promotions to compete with other websites just like this one.

kerryh24
8/27/15

Interestingly enough, my first purchase from Shop Hers was not a bad experience but the second one was appalling -- they have the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. First issue -- no one ever answers the phone at the office and despite repeated messages, no one ever called me back. I even sent a message via LinkedIn to one of the Founders (Jacklyn) and she couldn't be bothered to email or call me back. I asked repeatedly via email that someone call me and was ignored. The website does not give any explanation of the shipping process or offer to upgrade your shipping (something I offered to do to get my bag sent to me while in the US) -- nope, they do it one way and screw you if you want to pay to expedite your order. It takes them days to actually get back to you and they pissed me off so badly with their appalling service that I just up and cancelled my purchase. Here's the new rule of thumb Shop Hers -- communicate with the customer when and how they want to be communicated to. And, when you are selling expensive luxury goods for heavens sake pick up the damn phone and call the buyer back -- how stupid can a company be -- apparently, if you are Shop Hers, mensa level stupid. Beware of Blair -- she's appalling ...

gretchenb8
8/26/15

It's odd to read so many negative reviews, especially about their customer service. I mostly sell on SH, and have been paid promptly for the items. As far as buying from them, I bought what looked like an awesome sweater, marked "M". When it arrived and I tried it on it fit more like an XS (although that is the fault of the lister). The sweater also had an overwhelming cheap perfume stench, so I returned it. Customer Service was totally understanding, and I didn't have any problems. I would recommend them.

adriennen1
8/26/15

They have left me disappointed and frustrated. The first Burberry bag I orders was advertised as "minor signs of wear", but when it arrived, there were very noticeable bubbling between the canvas and the coating. I returned it but asked for my "first time" discount to be reinstated, as I hadn't really completed the purchase. Blair refused and just repeated that the bag was in the condition as advertised. Wrong. If it hadn't been REALLY bad, I wouldn't have returned it, because I loved the bag and returning it cost me at least $50.

The second purchase is perhaps worse. I used my credit (no, not the discount, which wasn't returned to my account) to buy a modest Burberry, which was what I could afford. It arrived in excellent condition, but I don't think it is authentic.There are several signs that point to this; it may not even be a good fake. I've e-mailed a concern to the customer service, with no reply. This is the one thing they advertise a guarantee - that items are reviewed for authenticity. I want to return this fake, but doing so will cost me (all in all) about $100. So, I feel stupid having spent about $150+ just to be hosed by this shopping site and get nothing in return.

harrietd2
8/22/15

My advice is be more than 100% sure before you order from the site. Final Sales are non returnable even if there is damage. If you have been foolish enough to make an error regarding the sizing then you will be accused of maliciously damaging goods for a refund!

Read my exchange with SHOP HERS Blair Porter:

Hello,

I'm sorry but that damage was not there when these shoes were sent out to you. They were listed as brand new and in perfect condition. Our inspectors would never over look wear such as that. It's quite concerning that you were looking to cancel this sale before it was fulfilled and now you have received the heels and there is damage on the item which was not there when we shipped out.

I'm sorry but we cannot honor the request for a return. You are more than welcome to re-list the heels within your own closet for sale to recoup the funds.

Regards,
-Blair
.........................................

Mrs Batz <hnodozibatz@gmail.com>
7:48 PM (2 hours ago)

to Shop
Hi Blair
I knew this would happen and suspected as much because I had enquired about the cancellation. It's sad that you think I would damage them within minutes of getting them. Like I said lesson learnt shame it was this way, they actually fitted better than I thought. If you check the time fedex delivered it and I sent the message you will realise. As a lawyer my integrity is worth more to me than to make a false claim.
Regards

Blair Porter

CUSTOMER SERVICE Shop Hers
customerservice@shop-hers.co

Tip for consumers: Ask Ask and Ask again....

Hi, Shoes received this morning, please see attached picture showing the damage on the tip of the right shoe. I am sorry but this condition is not acceptable for shoes at this price, the damage was not stated on the listing. I intend to send them back unless the seller is going to half the price as it's clear she must have paid a lot less for them in a shop.

janew57
8/20/15

I sell on two sites and and very successful on one. Tradesy, over 90 sales of Chanel and other high end designers. As for SHOP HERS, in the last 8 months, only one item. Their customer service is so awful and when my only item sold (Chanel wallet) they gave many excuses why there was a "hold up" in my payout. Now I've had two sales on Shop Hers, in June and yesterday but the were cancelled and the person writing to notify me is not only illiterate but rude. He signs his name Timothy Jun. He said they were cancelled due to fraud. Tradesy verifies transactions before they even notify you that your item sold, but Shop Hers is saying they don't. And when fraudulent buyers are detected, Tradesy deletes their accts. I checked today and both buyers with supposed "fraudulent credit cards" on Shop Hers, have accounts (closets) still open and active. There is something very seedy about Shop Hers. I think they have some very unethical business going on.

agatea
8/13/15

I am glad that so many have found the review helpful and a great data point. To date Shop-Hers has yet to totally do what they said they would do. Hence my update.

Some people claim to have a good experience with Shop-Hers I don't know if they are "real people" or not (the majority of their reviews on their very own social media pages suggest otherwise) but I see them like this, You know how you can go to a restaurant a couple of times but then you visit that third time, you get food poisoning? How likely are you to go back?

Reports of items being sold that are not authentic, money not forwarded to sellers after the product has been sold and mailed, unauthorized credit card charges (Because they do keep your bank information), non existent customer service, merchandise not being forwarded as described (soiled or in disrepair) and merchandise not being forwarded at all are not worth it to me. There are other sites that offer the same service as Shop-Hers but with a better reputation. Shop-Hers buyers have little to no protection without having to involve your bank or another third party and who wants that aggravation?

vivil2
7/13/15

I had an item in my shopping bag, the agent's name is Blair forced a big amount of payment throught my Paypal account without my authorization!!! I realized and I asked to cancel the transaction 10 minutes later and Shop Hers refused my request even though the item was not yet shipped. The agent told me it was too late, the seller has been notified and could not cancel within 15 minute of time???? This is unacceptable!!! Really worst experience ever!

I just had a worst experience with customer service also. I bought a chanel bag over $3K and the condition of the bag received was not the same as what was listed. The authentication card was also missing and there was no dust bag as listed. When I tried to complain & return the item, Blair said that the bag left the headquarters in perfect condition. How did the two big black marks were there within 5 second I got it if it left the headquarter in perfect condition. Instead of trying to solve the issue with the seller about the auth card, she said I could re-list the item to recoup the fund? There was no sign that the item was on final sale. If I knew there were no authentication card and the item was on final sale, I would not spend over $3K for the bag. It was the worst experience of customer service they've had. Lesson learnt and I will not do any business with this site anymore. I will write to BBB and I hope people will do the same.

By Lestari B.

I'm happy to help! We do accept all returns as we understand it is incredibly important when online shopping. Our policy and team understands how important this policy is and we do everything in our power to work with our customers to make sure they are able to receive a refund in a timely fashion. With that said, we do charge a small re-stocking fee as we take financial responsibility for all returns and must recoup some of the funds in order to keep our policy as relaxed as it is now. A customer can have the re-stocking fee waited entirely if they choose to receive their refund via store credit. It is very important to note that we guarantee the authenticity of all merchandise on the site and your credit card will not be charged until the product is manually vetted by our team of professionals. Always standing by to help! -- Shop Hers Customer Service

By Shop H., Shop Hers Representative

No, not until you hit the purchase button. :)

By Rita M.

They merged with Tradesy. Their physical address is: 2058 Broadway, Santa Monica CA but they may have moved.

By Anne M.

Questions? Get answers from the Shop Hers staff and other customers.

Shop Hers?