Review of Shazam

northamericasales@shazam.com

5 reviews with 1 star

ronh255
11/26/18

I used to enjoy being able to link to Google play after listening to a song. Now it's just stupid iTunes. Does anybody still use that? I have to find an alternative. This sucks bad.

johnn997
10/19/16

I thought this app might be really useful in identifying some tracks I'd heard. Forget it. Unless you're into mainstream pop Shazam is completely dumb. It even struggles with well known hits from the recent past. As for old blues songs or movie themes etc. No chance. In other words it can only recognise stuff that is screamingly obvious anyway. Deleted it and got on with my life.

nancyd87
7/15/16

Has never identified one song yet I have tried over and over and over with the music loud and it still says cannot identify it doesn't work worth a damn

karlh17
11/14/15

Was watching a football game today and an ad came on to shazam this ad to get a free coke zero. Of course the app says cannot record another app is using the microphone. Powered down, restarted. No other apps running. The Speedway by my house sends me coupons for stuff the don't stock. It's cheap to give away stuff you don't have! Uninstalled shazam.

Response from Shazam S., Shazam Representative
Hi Karl, I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with our app when trying to shazam for a free coke zero. I do hope you've not already uninstalled the app and if you haven't could you please let me know which device you were using?
maryh140
11/11/15

I remember 10 years ago holding my phone up in a loud restaurant and impressing my friends with the way Shazam could identify a song. Now I can stand two feet away from the speakers and after a minute of waiting I get the Sorry we couldn't quite get that message....and this is on artists like Lucinda Williams, Richard Thompson, and dozens of other artists. 75 percent of the time the song isn't recognized by Shazam. There's no way I would pay for that service. It's apparent they're just trying to sell their little games, etc. The actually, from a technological standpoint, they suck.

Response from Shazam S., Shazam Representative
Hi Mary, I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with our app and are no longer have faith in us to provide you with the right info. If you'd be interested we'd love to hear your feedback - support@shazam.com

Questions? Get answers from the Shazam staff and other customers.

Shazam?