Review of Serbags

Serbags reviews

tracyw250
12/18/18

Do not order from here. Shipping label "created" but never made it to USPS. Phone number is bogus and they did not respond to email/online inquiry.

markw647
12/18/18

Charged my credit card then sent me a request to review the product they sent. Problem was, they never sent the bag. Had to enter into dispute resolution with my credit card to resolve the issue. Serbags finally admitted they never shipped the bag and it was on back order. Customer service is non existent at Serbags. Telephone number is bogus. No response to several emails. This company is a scam. Buyer be ware.

ec84
11/29/18

Do not order from here. No response to emails, incorrect personal phone number, shipping label created 3 weeks ago and still no status updates.

Unacceptable business practices. GO TO your credit card company and cancel - have them handle inquiries THEN teport to california AND your local BBB

jenm111
9/19/18

I placed an order on 9/6/18 and still have not received any status updates or tracking on the item. I have called multiple times at different times of the day, any number I can find, leaving messages on what sounds more like personal phone, with no answer or response. I've emailed several times also. And they have taken payment on my order already.
I have ordered from Serbags before. In April 2017, I ordered two bags, same day received a tracking email and 8 days later received my bags AND a delivery email saying my package had arrived and asking if all was well.
I'm noticing a pattern of these same problems being with the company after January 2018. Maybe new management or no longer exists? Not sure. Just noting that I've had a good experience through this company BUT this time is exactly as described in all the posts as of 2018. No responses to emails or calls. My account was charged within a day of the purchase but no tracking or any follow up contact has been made to me on the status of the order. All I have is a receipt email of the purchase. I would suggest not to purchase from Serbags because it is a fraud now. It is not operating as it has in the past and could be a way to gain money or card/bank information. I am in contact with my bank in case anything further comes of it. I'd suggest for anyone who has made a purchase this year to contact their cards and banks also.

mikep464
9/17/18

Purchased 3 bags showing in stock with same day free shipping for a total of $220. Figured I would see shipping email with tracking after 24-48 hours processing time...Wrong! Not only was I charged for shipping but the items did not ship for 3 weeks.... so items were not in stock and the free shipping was a life. No email notification, and no response when I kindly asked that I be refunded my shipping. I emailed a few times, and called a few more. I was sent an email asking about a survey of the bags and service before I even received my product! Only after I got my credit card company involved did SerBags finally provide a working tracking number. I'm still working on getting my shipping charge refunded. The customer service number is someone's personal cell phone. They claim they are based in Los Angeles/Ontario California but don't be fooled, these products are just being drop shipped from China. Despite some claims from uneducated customers, these bags are not made in USA
Bag quality is just OK. Nothing amazing here and I would suggest looking elsewhere. Worst customer service ever.

(I tried to upload a photo and was unable)

Tip for consumers: Spend your money elsewhere, SERBags is a joke

daliac4
9/8/18

This company needs to be investigated. I should have read these reviews before I purchased a bag that was misrepresented as a Serbag. I returned it and have been trying to get my money back. I followed their rules and even have in writing that they owe my the money and are working on it but will not return it. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM.

jenniferm762
8/14/18

Charged card 7/29, shipping notification received 8/2. On 8/12 I received an inquiry to "review" the products, but I'd never received them. Checked the tracking info on USPS and it showed "Pre-shipping" and indicated the seller never provided the package, only created a label. I emailed and called Serbags for 2 days with no contact or response. Finally called AMEX who promptly credited back the charge and is handling going forward. Agree with the other comment: no excuse for such an abysmal online retailer in today's marketplace.

garym414
8/8/18

I need to return the bag I purchased, but there was no invoice. No response to emailed inquiries. The phone call led to a messaging service that appeared to be an individual, not a company. Very shady outfit.

laraj8
1/23/18

I shop online almost exclusively and in todays world, there is really no excuse to be a terrible online retailer. I have spent a week trying to make contact in order to return an item and no one has responded. The order was not delivered as promised in the first place and when I went to track the package according to tracking information it wasn't sent until a day after Serbags notified me it was sent. I've called two phone numbers, one of which hangs up on me after about 5 rings the other one sent me to a voicemail. I've also sent an email and filled out Serbags online form requesting a return authorization with no response.

In addition to the customer service, the actual product looks cheap and the leather feature looks worn. I am very unsatisfied with my purchase. I also find it unusual that in the customer reviews section of the website there is nothing but 5 star reviews even the best online retailers have a few negative reviews.

victorp44
1/20/18

I ordered my first Green Canvas Military Messenger Bag with Adjustable Leather Straps. After a week the strap started to degrade itself (see photo). I complains twice and send photos to support@serbags but no answer. No refund and no bag replacement. Conclusion: Buy bags from serbags.com at your own risk ( I published my review everywhere of social networks ).

Tip for consumers: Buy bags from serbags.com at your own risk. No refund, No replacement,..no answers.

annea46
1/17/18

I ordered a bag for my son and decided to exchange the bag. I mailed the bag with instructions from their Customer Service Rep Mike Anderson who has now left. He kept my bag and my money!! I then was contacted by Eric Sanders who asked for an explanation of what happened. I sent him all my emails between Mr. Anderson and I only to never hear from Mr. Sanders again. I have called their customer service number where I can only leave a message for Mr. Servez. I have never received a return call. I would NEVER NEVER order a bag from this company!!

kellyb208
7/16/17

In 2016 I bought a branded Serbags bag for my teen daughter from this company, she wanted a backpack that did not look like all other backpacks you can see in school hallways. Price was $89.99 and this company was new to me, so I tried to talk her out of it, but she didn't want any other bag.

1 Year after we bought the backpack its still in great shape, this bag is big enough to hold her books and its very stylish and very Durable, so many pockets also padded Laptop compartment.

My daughter loves it !!!

Tip for consumers: I would recommend this company to all parents, will definitely purchase from Serbags again.

joannas30
6/30/17

I bought this bag for my husband. The opening fastener tore off he bag before we even reached our destination. I contacted the company and they kept responding with the same generic email about how hey couldn't do anything outside of the one month warranty. He had only used the bag once! For $70 I would expect better quality and customer service.

bridgetb22
4/19/17

Do not buy from Serbags. I recently purchased a bag and the zip broke 3 months later. This is a bag I only use 3 times in the months. I wrote to the company and they said it was outside the 1-month warranty and there is nothing they can do about it. This is poor customer service. I would understand if I had the bag for 6 months or a year but to do nothing about a bag I have barely used is just bad bad bad customer service from a company that sells poor quality bags. Once again do not buy from this company.

nickk66
3/9/17

Purchased a bag from Serbags, bag broke within the first few weeks of use, emailed and called the company for support, they never responded.

They only responded when started a dispute with my credit card company to reverse the charge, and they refused to do anything at that point.

I recommend looking for a more reputable company to purchase from.

jacka26
11/15/13

After exhausting all resources on the internet looking for a reasonably-priced vintage looking men's messenger bag, I found that serbags.com was the only vendor who not only had exactly what I was looking for, but offered it at a very good price. I took a chance and ordered from Serbags. I'm extremely glad I did. Here are my observations:

1. Their web site is very good. It's well laid out, easy to navigate, and provides very detailed photos and descriptions.

2. Prices are extremely competitive. In my case, shipping was free and no taxes were imposed. This made the bottom line unbeatable.

3. Communication was excellent. I received immediate verification of my order, and also a subsequent notification of shipping, with tracking information supplied.

4. Shipping was lightning fast and I received my bag in 2 days (I live in Texas and they shipped my order from California), which was great for a free shipping.

5. Most importantly, the bag I ordered was perfect in every way, and even nicer than I expected. A canvas bag with leather trims such as the one I received would cost at least double in a department store or a luggage store.

In summary, my transaction with serbags was positive and rewarding in every sense.

sued9
1/6/13

I was looking for a vintage looking canvas messenger bag, but I could not find what I needed locally. I later looked for Amazon and eBay but none of the choices did not exactly fit what I want to have as my messenger bag. Last week, my cousin visited me and guess what she had exactly what I wanted. She told me she bought it from Serbags, and I ordered it right away. I wish I would know them before.

Questions? Get answers from the Serbags staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Serbags