Review of Rosegal

Rosegal reviews

Tel: 1-202-318-2470
support@rosegal.com
Ticket Title "Order Request from Sitejabber"
Contact Us

sandraw31
8/18/14

Do not order

Tip for consumers: Do not order from this company. They lie to consumers. Ordered two weeks ago and paid extra shipping. Took me until today to get someone on phone to tell me item out of stock even though it wasn't when ordered. 4 weeks for refund. This company is not a reputable one. Please do not order from them.

kaseyk3
8/15/14

I ordered a swimsuit last week. I expedited shipping so I would have it in time to go to the beach this weekend.
Well I paid 14 dollars extra for it to be a week later with no swimsuit. I've submitting multiple tickets asking where my package was and none have been answered. I called the number they have lister no answer just a recording that says to call back later. Do not purchase anytjing off rosegal.com it's completely not worth it at all. I spent 37 dollars with 14 of it for 3-5 days for shipping and still nothing. This is the worse customer service and business I've dealt with and it's honestly not worth the time or trouble of ordering from such a horrible company such as rosegal.com
I

Tip for consumers: DONT

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
We are so sorry to here that ,there must be some misunderstanding between us. We are sorry for that happened and are fully committed to resolving it to your satisfaction .We will be very appreciate it that if you can tell us your full order number(invoice ID, it start with Z or ZZ and there are 16 numbers ), we will deal with it for you.
monicab17
8/13/14

I love all the different styles Rosegal has to offer. The website is easy to navigate as well. I found, ordered and wore the perfect dress to my Luau themed reunion this year! The downside is that I ordered four dresses and it was not made clear that two of them were not in stock and two were in stock. But the free shipping is really great!

tracyg21
8/12/14

Not happy, was just informed that after a month still not shipped. It says they don't have it not shipped yet. But you took my money..

tarab17
8/12/14

I too wish I had read these reviews before ordering!!!.. I had no idea this store was in China and that they have to "Make" the clothes as you order them... Made to order clothes?? That's ridiculous in this day and age!!.. If you have a HOT item that sells quick..make 40 of them!! I ordered a dress for my daughters Sweet 16 party that was set for 8/15/2014 I ordered the dress on 7/6/2014, today is 8/12/2014 over a month later, and the responses are even more crazy.. "we know have this dress, need to be made in factory, Would you like to wait for a few more day??" that was 8/6/2014.. still do not have in stock..asked if I wanted to wait or not... My daughters sweet 16 is this Friday...NO DRESS!!.. they assured me I would have in time when I inquired about it 2 weeks after I ordered it and did not even receive an e-mail that they shipped yet.., wrote in the special instructions the date I needed it by, so they would call or e-mail if any issues...! THEY received their payment for it on 7/6/2014.. In this day & age it's a crazy concept to believe it would take longer than it did in the 80's to get to a dress.. JC Penney Catalog was 10x quicker!! even if you mailed the order in!!...I asked for a refund and I will see how that goes...as I am going to have to go out now, search and purchase a dress at a wedding store or something.. I would think over a month was plenty of time to get my order, get the dress pressed & fitted if need be...NOPE!!.. I will never order from this company again unless I have no time line and can wait 5 months for something!!

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear Tara,
Thank you for taking your time to write your review. We really appreciate the feedback. First, we want to offer my sincerest apologies to you for the issue.
After the receiving of your order, we conduct Quality Control checks and testing in order to ensure the product's quality prior to shipment. The processing time varies depending on the specific product
thulid
8/9/14

I have been pleased with what I ordered. Glad I measured myself before placing the order, their sizes run way smaller than ours, but they have the measurements listed for most items so no problem figuring it out.

Really good stuff for the prices.

adrians29
8/9/14

I ordered 2 swimsuits in May and still have not recieved them, and I have not had any luck hearing back from the company. I reported them to the BBB international and I hope others will do the same.

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear Adrian,
We very much regret that the issue has occurred and are fully committed to resolving it .
All estimated/typical delivery time are derived from real world data collected from past orders.
They are approximate times for reference only.However, please understand this is an estimate. The shipping speed is outside our control and is dependent on the courier company.
kimberlys19
8/9/14

Everything is cheaply made. I bought a blue mermaid dress and its just cheaply put together. For $20 its not worth it. My sister could have done a better job and she doesn't know how to sew. I'm actually considering tearing apart this dress and turning it into a pillow for my daughter that is just how cheap the fabric is. I also bought a watch from rosegal and it just looks like someone colored it with a sharpie. Everything is cheaply made. I could go to hair store and buy better jewelry. I'm waiting on my purse to arrive still, can't wait to see how cheaply put together the purse is. I'm not going to be buying anymore stuff from this store I am really disappointed. My dress sucks, doesn't look anything like the picture, cheap, fabric, terrible sewing job, my watch looks like its been colored by a sharpie. Very disappointed. If I could give no stars I would.

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
I am aftaid there is some misunderstanding between us. We very much regret that the issue has occurred and are fully committed to resolving it to your satisfaction.
We will be very appreciate it that if you can tell us your full order number(invoice ID, it start with Z or ZZ and there are 16 numbers ), we will deal with it for you..
Best regards,
jenin6
8/7/14

I'm 5'5" and 170 pounds, so no, I'm not petite. However, I ordered an XL swimsuit, and a one-size-fits-all beautiful black top with cursive letters on it. Each one had measurements listed, and I got out my measuring tape, and made sure I could fit. The top fit perfectly, and it's a loose fit as that's the style I ordered. The swimsuit didn't cover my chest area very well, as I'm rather large there, but then I noticed that there were well constructed holes in which I could remove padding. I did so, and now it fits perfectly. It has a little skirt that's adjustable. These clothes are so cute and nothing like I've found here in the States (USA). I realize that I can't buy everything I want, (because I'm large), but I don't even look at the sizes, I look at the measurements, and the style. The clothes fit perfectly, and I'm very happy with them. I had some questions regarding the shipping, and they responded to my inquiry, in English, the next day.

julies37
8/7/14

I will never buy again! Ordered 2 swim suits in the size I've been wearing for years and when I finally received them, they were both way, way too small. Also, took about 8 weeks to get and everything was smashed into one small packaging bag. Very disappointed.

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
We want to start by thanking you for notifying us about the issue.
We regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you.
Maybe the sizes you chose were not fit .for your reference, please note that 1 inch= 2.54cm so you can convert the size accurately.
ginq
8/7/14

RoseGal primary sources their clothing from China, Japan and Korea. The designs and variety of clothing and accessories available are really good however you have to keep in mind that the sizes are extremely small in comparison to North American measurements.

RoseGal does give the measurements for all of their apparel, to avoid being disappointed take the time to measure yourself otherwise don't be surprised if you find the sizes too small or the hems of dresses to short or too long. Don't buy something that you don't know how it fits as in you have never tired that cut of dress or style of swimsuit before. You will be severly disappointed shopping at RoseGal if you don't know your body shape or you don't accept that a L size on the website is actually a North American S or M early on. They have lots of clothing that is one size only and those will be stretchy and fit from S-L however, this website is really for Petite Women.

Something else that may frustrate North American consumers using this site is the shipping time and tracking. The RoseGal network has a long ways to go to build up to the logistic and delivery times that many North Americans have become a custom to from other more established online stores. However, you have to pay the price for express shipping if you want your items to arrive within a week and a half other wise prepare to wait a month. Just remember that they are shipping from multiple warehouses and manufacturers and probably using ground transport which effects shipping time. The clothing is a reasonable price but the shipping costs and time can sometimes cause buyers dissonance.

The customer service communication method for RoseGal is just through email and SMS account message on your RoseGal Account. The time zone is different so the response time might not be as fast as most North Americans would like. RoseGal really needs to improve their speed and efficient for customer service and logistics.

I have not returned anything i have ever ordered from RoseGal, however, until they improve their logistics to the point where it is as efficient and consumer friendly as Amazon, you will have to be a pretty patient person to go through the process. I suggest re-selling the item or consigning whatever item you are not happy with. I suggest this because RoseGal is not just for individual consumers but for retailers buying items in bulk so you can sell the pieces of clothing you don't want faster then you can get a refund or different size etc.

Their clothing quality varies by design, it's often on par with other fast fashion brands such as H&M and Forever 21, sometimes the clothing quality will exceed your expectations and that is always a bonus.

RoseGal is a good online apparel shopping choice if you've had at least one shopping experience in an Asian clothing store. Visit your local Chinatown etc. if you're curious to know what size you are and then purchase through online stores like RoseGal.

rr39
8/7/14

STAY AWAY! I am extremely upset with my purchase from RoseGal.com! Their sizing is "perfect"....IF you are a petite, tiny Asian child! I even ordered larger to account for this, but when their size 2X swimsuit arrived, it was equivalent to a size 10 or 12 here. I measured! After a bit of a hassle, I received a sheet with Return instructions and was given an RMA number. I mailed the package Priority Mail on June 27, 2014 and was assured they would receive the package in no more than 10 days. It has now been 41 days and RoseGal is still giving me the run around about a refund! They claim they don't have it, or they ask me to wait "one week more", etc. I am so fed up with them! I will never, ever, ever buy any products from RoseGal again!

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear Friend,,
anneb22
8/7/14

Shipped pretty quickly with FREE shipping and had great prices for the items i got!

jamieh40
8/7/14

I just placed a order for 15 items(dresses) for $116. I put insurance on my order and I also contacted them threw email to make sure of sizing. My day time is their night and I received a email around 9pm which is their 9am. So it was in the 24hr timeframe as said. I'm 5" 120 and I'm a 6 dress size US. The rep said they run a size small so I got all large as the rep suggested. I only bough dresses with the models in them with close up pics of the fabric, front/back/side pics, and seam lines. I hope this was a great haul and I will keep you guys updated when I receive my order. I understand it's coming from China so I'm goine to give it a month and I calculated my duty fees on the US federal imported taxes (Google it) it say on one site anything below $100 is no duty fees but on the US federal site it says $200 & below no fees but it calculated about $25. I will definitely keep you updated when I receive my items and how true they are to the pics. Wish me luck =)

prissyf
8/6/14

How do I contact them? Received an email saying it was already shipped on the 25th and still nothing, I ordered a XL but from the looks of the reviews doesn't look like I will be fitting into the items!! Very displeased with this website, such pretty clothes:( Rating this
as a negative 1

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear prissy,
lorelyh
8/6/14

This store is pure GARBAGE!!! The things are nice and affordable but they take your money elsewhere! The is no point in paying for faster shipping because they are going to take as long as they want to ship it to you! Two of the items I ordered were unavailable and they asked if I wanted a refund or to exchange it for something else. I said I didn't want them to ship anything and wanted a FULL REFUND because the order was still processing even though I paid for shipping and it was supposed to arrive within 6-8 business days. It's been over a week since I place my order and the order is still processing!!!! They told me that they clothing were already shipped and they would take an additional 6-10 days to arrive, but it's a lie because it still says processing on the website and not SHIPPED! They completely avoided giving my refund for the two items that were unavailable and also my refund for shipment! Well I took the matter into my own hands and filed a claim through my bank. I should be getting the money back by tomorrow. ALSO THEIR PHONE IS DISCONNECTED!

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear friend,
lindaw59
8/6/14

I only wish I had read these reviews before I placed my order. Have to agree, XL fits like a Junior or child size. Could not even get the swimsuit past my knees. I am not a huge woman. There was no invoice or instructions for a refund. Found a 800 number, but no one answers and the mailbox is full. I submitted a trouble slip, but they don't write back. The shipping took close to a month. This company is based in China and there is zero satisfaction.

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear Linda,
jenniferw52
8/1/14

Let me first say that their XL is fairly clost to a youth Medium, maybe. Way off in sizing. Also I took over 3 months to get my full order. 1 month before I ever received the first item. Not pleased and I do not recommend this site.

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear Jennifer,
coreyb33
7/31/14

I ordered two dresses/coverups for an upcoming trip with expedited shipping to make it here before I left. The shipping took over a month and when the dresses arrived they were stained. The one dress is notably stained in the white part of the gown with what appears to be blood.

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear Corey,
Best regards,
heathera12
7/30/14

Sooooo not pleased!! Made a purchase july 22.... Status says still processing....( they have no actual customer support number) but they did email to say I have items that are out of stock and won't be available till 13 Aug!! And that is not even taking into consideration the "processing" and shopping!!!..sure took my money quick but I have not one thing to show for it! Definitely will not recommend!!

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear Heather,
theresak5
7/30/14

Wish I could give them zero stars!!!! Ordered a few items....Xl fits more like xs!! Returns are pain in the a$$! Everything is from china which takes forever and is the worst quality crap!

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear Theresa,
cl5590
7/23/14

Worst online ordering experience of my life.
I had a discount code, and like some other responders I therefore ordered many cute things I was excited about (totaling $210, with discount). They arrived smelling like gasoline, and were the worst quality. One item had a cute corsetlaced look, but the straps for the lacing were misaligned by over 2", so it became slanted. The swimsuits had no elastic, the shirts and dresses were thin, horrible material, there was not a single item in the order that was worth keeping if the gasoline smell faded.
Therein lie the problems - it costs a fortune to return to china. They offered me a $20 store credit for all the failed items, then a $30 store credit. The broken English emails whined about their shipping costs, and seemed to have no comprehension of or care for the complaint I was making. I finally escalated the concern to my PayPal fraud department, and then RoseGal offered me a $70 refund - meaning I needed to accept a $140 loss on this hugely regretted purchase. I declined that and opted to pay for shipping to return the item for a full refund through PayPal (even after paying for shipping, RoseGal would charge me for their outbound shipping, and restocking costs, so be sure not to fall for that trick).
I am glad to hear some of the reviewers received cute items, but there are other companies with US based return centers that I would recommend long before crossing your fingers that your item isn't a disaster from this company.
Good luck, but mostly, just don't do it

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear friend,
ashleyv7
7/22/14

If I had the option of choosing zero stars I would! Shipping took longer than a month! The bathing suit I received looks just like the picture but I ordered an xl and ots more like a small!! The dress I ordered doesn't even look like the dress in the picture on the site and is VERY POORLY sewn! Very disappointed :( Will not be ordering off this site ever again!

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear Ashley,
laurenk15
7/22/14

After waiting a month, I contacted the company to find out when my order was going to be delivered. Only then did they send it in the mail. I ordered a swimsuit for vacation so I really didn't have 2 months to wait. I told them to forget it but the ordered had already been shipped. Once I received the item it was not only VERY cheaply made it was defective and falling apart. One of the straps on the suit wasn't even sewn the the back, it just flopped around. When I told them I wanted to return to suit (There is a 30 return policy) they told me that it would cost me too much to return it. They then had the nerve to ask me to pay an additional 30% of the cost of the item and they would ship me a "new" one. They do not honor what their website promises. Its a total scam.

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear ;airem,
theresam10
7/22/14

HORRIBLE experience. Charged me for items they DID NOT have in stock. Didn't ship these items, and they DIDN'T REFUND my payment. Sorry excuse for a company, and very unprofessional.

Response from rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Dear Theresa,
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

We are NOT a con. We really do not need to risk our reputation over a single order. Nevertheless, we respect your opinion. It will be nice if you can respect the opinions of other reviewers too because it is not fair to accuse other honest reviewers of being liars.

Helpful answer -5

Thank you for your interest. Please rest assured that we have many good reviews and you can check our warranty policy on our website:http://www.rosegal.com/warranty-return/ .If customers have any question, we will resolve the issue to their satisfaction. Yours sincerely, Rosegal Customer Service

Helpful answer -4

All items are made and shipped from China but we sell worldwide. We do our very best to offer provide pretty accurate measurements in the size chart under product information. I recommend that you compare them with yours to make the right choice.

Helpful answer -6

We offer the detailed measurement chart for each item,maybe you chose your regular size and the size you chose was not fitfor your reference, please note that 1 inch= 2.54cm so you can convert the size accurately.

By rosegal r., Rosegal Representative

They are shipped from China. Not only is the sizing off, the merchandise is cheaply made and the material is awful.

By Barbara G.
Helpful answer -2

Helpful answer -2

We offer 3 kinds of shipping methods: 1.Flat rate shipping(10-25 business days)---Such as Netherlands post, Sweden post, China post, Hongkong post, Singapore post etc. 2.Standard shipping(6-8 business days)---Such as EMS, IB etc. 3.Expedite shipping(3-7 business days)---Such as DHL UPS etc. For more details, please check:http://www.rosegal.com/shipping/

Helpful answer -1

We are a real site. We really do not need to risk our reputation over a single order. Nevertheless, we respect your opinion. It will be nice if you can respect the opinions of other reviewers too because it is not fair to accuse other honest reviewers of being liars.

Helpful answer -1

Please kindly note as we have time difference, sometimes we can't respond the phone in time. In this case please click http://support.rosegal.com/ then submit a ticket.We will provide the best solution for you.

By rosegal r., Rosegal Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Rosegal staff and other customers.