Review of RockAuto

service@rockauto.com

21 reviews with 5 stars

shawnb168
2/7/19

I use rockauto daily.. 99% of everything on there has a picture so you can look right at the part.. a lot of the time I use it to make sure I'm getting the right part locally.. and when I can't get it local I know it's avalible through rockauto.. sometimes I even use there oem part numbers for the local dealerships.

We've had a few issues with faulty parts and it was know hassle at all they took care of it.

The other good thing is there has never been any extra duty ever.. it's always what you pay when you buy..

anthonys374
7/17/18

I was a bit worried about ordering from RockAuto looking at the reviews, so decided to only buy some cheap parts first so not to risk wasting too much $. The parts were shipped very quickly, the parts are correct, the price is much cheaper than anywhere else I could find and the quality is actually pretty good.

patrickb147
4/9/18

Have used RockAuto several times and every time I got exactly what I ordered and in a timely manner. They have only the best parts and the best prices you can find. Dont go to a typical parts retailer and pay five times what the item is worth just head on over to RockAuto and save yourself the hassle.

robertc395
10/16/17

Want to thank Rockauto great prices on parts and accessories and also for the great customer service they provided for me great service and very prompt couldnt ask for anything more

ellisa11
9/25/17

My most recent purchase was an instrument cluster for my 03 Chevy Silverado. When looking at the part, there is a video showing you how easy it is to install - I had thought I would not even try to mess with "disassembling" the dash. I got a $600-700 dealership job done in 1/2 hour for $135. Ordered 2:00 PM Friday (web site said to expect by a week after the following Monday) and got it in 24 hours. Shipped from the rebuilder (Dorman) that had to set the mileage before shipping. Dorman did forget to reset the hours - not a big deal. My many previous purchases may not have been quite as outstanding as this one, but all quite satisfactory. I really like their web interface - how easy it is to see the variety of brands/quality for what you need. I have bought all my parts for my truck and my wife's car for the last few years here. I am lucky to have a friend that will help with smaller repairs and a local dealership that will let me bring parts.

frankz40
7/27/17

I worked for Auto Wares and worked for Auto Zone as a counter sales and driver. Your service online I think is excellent. The parts I ordered arrived the very next day.I compared your prices with auto zones, Orielly's and NAPA. Your prices were much lower. Excellent job!

robs119
7/5/17

Great price . Great shipping cost . Excellent delivery method . Delivered in 7 days to Canada . Proper and excellent parts received . Will shop at RockAuto again .

johnm1091
7/5/17
• Updated review

if you have a problem be patient and talk to a rep if the computer upsets you. they have a very large selection. the cheapest isn't always the best part .true of almost everywhere you go.

“best out there.”
• Previous review

can be confusing at times. but hang in there. I buy lots of parts from them for my businrss. had one issue at one time but they took care of it in good time

robinw71
6/18/17

Ordered several car parts from the site over the years. The descriptions and photos are accurate. If you need to speak to a person, the staff is awesome. Shipping is reasonable and it gets to you on time.

desmondw9
5/21/17

I have bought several parts from RockAutoParts.Com and could not me anymore satisfied . The prices were superior to the big name discount sites and local stores. I bought parts for my 2008 BMW 528I and my 207 Nissan Quest. They arrived ahead of schedule. The surprise was that the parts that came were original MFG parts. Not knock offs or Aftermarket. Prior to ordering I contactedthe dealers as well as two or three other Auto Parts Stores and check prices and product manufacturer. I find that except for the dealers (whose quotee are usually for the very Rich or the very ignorant) the parss are made by the same manufacturers. Navigation for parts is excellent and if you know what to order, you will make a purchase. On two separate occasions I find it necessary to contact Costomer Service and was successful in doing so. I pay with PayPal and my issue was (Merchant Authentication Issue) with Paypa,l not RockAuto They are also very helpful by giving me suggestion on how to resolve this situation with Paypal.

Therefore; the only comparison that is relevant is the price. Rock Auto is ahead by a country mile.
Caution: Dont be put off by paid or phoney reviews. This company is here to stay if they continue to offer superrior products at superior prices and a dimely delivery. I

Tip for consumers: Know what part group your part belong to before you buy: Eg. Cooling system/ Air Conditioning ect.

tavisg
4/5/17

Good quality parts at reasonable price very satified customer. I will recommend anyone to make a purchase for parts.

maricarolynb
3/4/17

I needed a part for my 2006 Chevy Colorado and I had priced it from a local auto parts store and found it was going to be $35. I decided to check Rock Auto and found the exact same part for $7.00. The website was user friendly and I received my order in a couple of days. I would highly recommend them.

aprils29
6/3/15

I live in Canada, and I've placed multiple orders for several vehicles I've owned such as 97 Chev Blazer, 96 Chrysler Sebring, '02 Mazda Protege, '06 F150, '06 VW Tiguan, '05 Jeep Liberty, '08 Toyota FJ, and an '05 Toyota Tundra. All orders have been complete, delivered on time, with no hassle, and always the right part. Parts prices are 70% or less than prices at local parts stores, so it does make sense to check local prices to account for shipping costs and exchange. Note: it seems that auto parts are NOT subject to duties! Some key hints to get the right thing at the right price and efficient delivery price: 1) Make sure you know exactly your year, make, model, engine, and accessories package. 2) Make sure you know the exact part you need, and understand that there are some variations on the part, even for the same above specifications, so do some research if different variations pop up on RockAuto's parts list. 3) To get the optimum pricing on parts price and delivery cost for a number of parts, I always select the same part from different sources, and then eliminate some from the list to get the optimum delivered price. I figure that most parts manufacturers make parts of equivalent quality so I am not partial to a specific brand. RockAuto has an ordering feature now to optimize shipping costs - a real plus.

Sebring Convertible: Parts from RockAuto: grill, head-light assemblies, brake components, cooling system components, timing belt replacement kit.

tomc27
4/8/15

Ordered a few car parts here...muffler...brakes..and hardware after a bad experience at another online auto parts.
items were shipped within 2 hours of order placement. I will have half the order in 2 days and the balance in 4 days.
Prices are competitive... I took advantage of a coupon promotion. On the muffler and got a fantastic deal.
Rockauto will be my place for autoparts.
I really like the options they show for all available parts from various suppliers.

markw87
6/17/14

This is a great site. Fast shipping, lots of OEM parts at amazing prices. In fact, when my wife's car needed work done at a shop recently, their quoted price for parts seemed high. So I asked them if I could supply my own parts, and ordered them from rockauto. When I told the manager at the shop where I bought them from, he didn't even ask how much - "yeah, there's no way I could ever match them" was his response. Outside of little things I can get quick from my local parts store like bulbs, oil, filters and such, I use this site.

bradc21
3/5/14

I have ordered parts from Rockauto and on every occasion received what was ordered promptly as promised . I have yet to return anything so I can't speak to their customer service ..What I can speak to is the quality of their cataloging and ease of use . I've been involved in the internet parts cataloging professionally and their site is by far one of the most comprehensive and easiest to use . If you can afford the time to wait for shipping , you love dealing with Rockauto !!

chrisb110
2/11/14

I've ordered a number of times, and they've delivered exactly what I wanted every time. Good prices, excellent selection, timely shipping. I'll be back.

billp34
11/21/13

I have also bought numerous parts from this company, and am totally satisfied with the availability and speed of delivery.

treyr3
4/26/13

Have ordered parts a number of times from rock auto. They have great customer service and ship to military personnel overseas. For some parts, they have tutorials videos of how to install (window regulator motor). The also provide OEM parts and prices are very good. They will give your emails monthly for helpful advice. With your order, they also put "fridge" magnets in the box. They use photos of customers cars that have been fixed with parts from the site.

ericn2
1/23/12

RockAuto.com is excellent. I've purchased several parts from them. Speedy service, great prices. Thank you!

christag1
1/23/12

Quality auto parts for much much less than local sales shops. Fast delivery and easy returns if needed. Customer service line to call and assist you as well if your unsure of something. Awesome site and I've ordered parts for my car from here quite a few times and haven't been disappointed, great site!

Whare is my package. An $85 inside door panal. Part # 4029357733 .ca ordered 12/22/16 rock auto had no problem taking my money but apparently don't know how to make a shipment. Pissed

By Shawn c.

Questions? Get answers from the RockAuto staff and other customers.

4 Photos for RockAuto