Review of RockAuto

service@rockauto.com

7 reviews with 2 stars

johnathons11
7/25/18

TOTAL Switch and Bait Tactics. After you receive their "mail in rebate" you discover you can only use it at 15 Garbage China Corporate BS locations. They don't advertise this at all, it's in fine print and only discoverable once you receive the "rebate card" in the mail. Now I'm stuck with a "Credit Card" that I can only use at the mall, I don't want to Build a F**king Bear or use the gift card towards a $200 T-shirt, I need to pay gas and rent.

Tip for consumers: Fraudulent Rebate Program. Fake reviews on their hosted review site.

markg275
3/18/18

If everything goes right - great. Any problem and you are screwed. Communications with them seem impossible but if you get the email address expect smug contradictory stonewalling.

kennetht40
1/4/18

As you search for your needed parts and you're in the moment of discounts. Stop!!! Buyer be-where as you navigate to the shipping section. Priority mail what a joke. Pony Express is more the word. Now add your shipping to the cost and the time delays....... Research your local auto parts store and evaluate. Not worth the hassle. Never! Never!

mikes606
10/11/17

I couldn't return 2 new controll arms cause they were 10 days past return.the sway bar links broke in a week.I couldn't wait for new ones. Went to napa to get new ones. Sent the bad ones to the same warehouse as the controll arms.they said it was the wrong place to send them to and wouldn't forward them or refund me.I already got new ones since I needed the car.So lost the sway bar price & didn't need new ones

paulm421
6/9/17

I ordered a new wiper motor for my dad and it was bad right out of the box. I replaced the pulse board to make it work which cost another $25.00. Moreover I bought a rack and pinion for my dads truck and it went bad 3 days after the warranty. Rock Auto has some major cleaning up to do if they would ever own up.

neill36
5/2/17

I bought a O2 sensor for my 1981 Toyota Corolla because I am stocking up on parts to solve an emission problem.

I located the part on their website ordered it and took it to my mechanic and after they worked on the car for over half an hour we found out that my car does not have that part.

Getting the right part from Rock Auto has been an issue more than once, but what tears me up they send you a part that never existed in your car and to get a refund you have to pay for shipping.

I will look elsewhere for parts, and I feel I've been screwed over.

Watch out for the shipping it can be more than the parts you order

They are now my last resort, but I will not trust them anymore.

bude4
8/5/15

The parts I ordered came in wrong and since it was the last one I had to return it and order new parts at an additional cost of $50 and they too came in with parts missingwhen I called customer service they really had a "I don't care" attitudewill spend my money elsewhere

Whare is my package. An $85 inside door panal. Part # 4029357733 .ca ordered 12/22/16 rock auto had no problem taking my money but apparently don't know how to make a shipment. Pissed

By Shawn c.

Questions? Get answers from the RockAuto staff and other customers.

4 Photos for RockAuto