Resident Insure

Resident Insure has a consumer rating of 2.82 stars from 11 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Resident Insure also ranks 10th among Rental Homes sites. The most common issues with Resident Insure are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

How would you rate Resident Insure?

“Very safe and trustworthy company!”

Anna L.
7/11/19

I rent an apartment with this company but I don't like the apartment and the agent from company send my money back in our bank account. Very safe and trustworthy company! For your security use this company, if there are some problem you will receive your money back.

“SCAM”

Wawa L.
5/21/20

It's a scam!! I'm sure those 5 star reviews are from the scammers. They will ask you for money. Do not fall for it!!!

wawal
May 21st, 2020
thew74
May 3rd, 2020
Confirmed Scam!
They will ask for you to send money ("trust-us it is secure").
They can't show you the apartment ("we're overseas")

If they can't/won't actually show you the apartment - chances are they never will (even after you send money!)
rxl1
October 2nd, 2019
Do NOT fall for scams when people who own the house are asking you for money before you even get the keys to the place.

Every time you have to pay before you can even ensure that whatever you are paying for is real, it is 100% chance a scam.

Also please research on who posted the house listing. Most of the five star reviewers here are fakes as well.
krishnak55
September 29th, 2019
The reviews posted here are by fake people, dont fall for such scams. Never pay money without viewing the appartment. If someone is renting their place they also obviously want to see the person first. If they ask money first then definetly its a scam.
The reviews posted on the site are on a pattern and every review state common keywords like safe, refund where it is not reviewing the site instead its advertiising more. If you are watching this review then NEVER PAY MONEY FIRST.
danilop8
October 26th, 2019
Hi,

OK, let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Dr. Torbjörn Tomson and I`m 55 years old living in Stockholm, Sweden.
I`m Senior Professor of Neurology and Epileptology...I began medical training in 1991 at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden.
You can search me on YouTube as well.

About the apartment, I own it...my daughter Anna lived in the city for 5 years and I bought it for her to rent it as a rental business for her. Last time was 1 year ago we rent it, since then we renovate it and Anna returned to Sweden, she is here now. So, we decided to rent it again for long term.

Last time when I wanted to rent no one showed up, so I lost time and money. So, I decided to make the transaction through Renthome Insurance. We will use their system so you can inspect the apartment. You can rent the apartment as long as you need, even for 4-5 years. You will rent the ENTIRE apartment.

Here you can read reviews about the company: https://rentsalefy.blogspot.com/2017/05/rent-safely-with-towergate-insurance.html

The first deposit I require is for the 1st month rent + 2 months security deposit = 1,680 (the sec. deposit is refundable when you check out).

I have a lot of people interested so, please let me know your answer and I will explain you the rental process more detailed.

Regards,
Dr. Tomson
mikef542
October 4th, 2019
I don't know if everything through this site is a scam - but I got the same letter below as one of the other raters from a woman claiming to be from Sweden and renting an apartment at half the value it would go for in Toronto:

Hi,

OK, let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Anja Smits and I`m 64 years old living in Göteborg, Sweden.
I`m a professor / chief physician at Department of Clinical Neuroscience at Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology in Sweden.

Last time when I wanted to rent no one showed up, so I lost time and money. So, I decided to make the transaction through Resident Insure. We will use their system so you can inspect the apartment. You can rent the apartment as long as you need, even for 4-5 years. You will rent the ENTIRE apartment.

The first deposit I require is for the 1st month rent + 1 month security deposit = CAD 2600 (the sec. deposit is refundable when you check out).

Regards,
Dr. Anja Smits

It's a legit company! I use it in a rent transaction and I'm very happy of this company. Thanks

By Charlie H.