Review of ReShip

info@reship.com

18 reviews with 2 stars

kims489
11/6/18

Ordered 2 Bobbi Brown lip glosses from the UK, and the shipping alone worked out to be about 125.00 Canadian.

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Hi, that rate seems very overpriced for just a lip gloss. Can you send me your order number and I can look into refunding any incorrect charges.

Thanks.
robl52
10/5/18

Never seen an company work so slow to ship out an item not recommended company to use i will never use it again i should have went with shipito.

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you had a slow shipping experience and I wish to make it right. I just need your customer or order number and I can find out why it would have taken so long.

Thanks for the opportunity to address your concerns.

Management
hussainb3
9/27/18

There are many times when you have made wrong things. For instance before with payment problems first was OK to use PayPal then you made it not. Secondly, with the prohibited and hazardous items you go too far for instance before I bought fuel injectors and they just needed cleaning from outside but no you have said this is not our job todo which doesn't take any effort but no all was my loss to ship it back to the vendor and he cleaned it and shipped back to my reshipping address. Thirdly, now with small parts like suspension link for the hood you said we need SDS but the vendor do have it and I told you ship it to my address in Dubai but no you said it hazardous and might blast this was very foolish act. I also gave you another US address but you said no that address is a shipping forwarder which was non of your business BTW. Till one day I told you to throw it.. And till now that item was never received by me. Also before you have sent me wrong items...

johns2517
12/30/17

I have used reship several times in the past, last time in 2015. I remember the service was mostly lacking back then so I had decided to stay away unless really really necessary. This past November I decided to check them again, and honestly for not entirely good reason. Amazon.com already ships to Canada most of the merchandise I'm interested in and there are several other online stores that have convenient shipping rates as well.

So i gave reship another chance this last Amazon's BF. Last chance indeed since the service, again, was pretty bad.

Let me start with the good though:

- cs is quite responsive, and I appreciate the live chat
- affordable service overall, in spite of overestimating package dimensions and therefore shipping price, see below

The bad:
- took a week from the moment item arrived until shipped. This is my main issue with them really, and the one that disqualifies them from most of my shipments
- transparency while managing issues. They somehow charged my usd cc in canadian dollars, even though the invoice they presented me was and is in USD. I had to call the bank in order to find out about the currency exchange, reship agents were, at best useless, if not deliberately avoiding to acknowledge their fault. There were another minor problems during shipping, where they failed to notice me my tracking number changed etc.
- as expected, the reship cost and rounding up the package dimensions: reship overestimated the weight by more than one pound which drove the shipping costs up. That is from weight as calculated by amazon and by me upon receiving the item.

diegoc16
2/25/17

Been using Reship for more than a year. I was a satisfied customer until a few months ago when making a payment became an odyssey.
Suddenly and without warning the only payment method offered was Paypal (which screws you with their currency exchange methods) and their payment system (Interpay) always blocks my account when trying make a payment. ALWAYS. It doesn't matter that I've been a regular customer using the same credit card and information each time. The best part is that if I call my bank and paypal they tell me that nothing's wrong, so I'm left at the mercy of this shady company while my packages, which I need for my business, are held there with no way to get them out until they decide so.
Right now I have 4 packages trapped there. Once I get them out I'll happily take my business elsewhere.

ellaq1
11/7/16

Don't use it for free shipping because reship's shipping price might end up being higher than your vendor's.

Tip for consumers: Don't try it

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Hello Ella,

We apologize for any misunderstanding regarding our fees and services. We provide a tool on our website so that customers can determine the cost of shipping prior to registration. Here is the link: https://www.reship.com/#/estimate-shipping-cost

As vendors will often ship their merchandise in boxes with a lot of excess room and packaging material, we also offer a repackaging service for a small $7 repackaging fee. If this service is requested we will open the box your item was shipped in, remove the excess packaging material and repackage your items in a smaller box in an effort to reduce the cost of shipment.

We would encourage anyone reading this review to utilize the Shipping Calculator on our website and make sure you understand all fees and services prior to registration.
leec50
12/11/15

I was excited to try this service as I think it's great for Canadians who want to shop online because some retailers in the US will not ship across the border. The online system is streamlined, and easy to set up and navigate. I sent two packages there to see how quick and how expensive the service would be. The turnaround from receipt of shipment was good, except the second time where I chose to consolidate two shipments into one - that took much too long on their end. Both shipments were priced extremely high compared to shipments/items that I have sent cross-border in the past. Won't be using them again.

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Hello Lee.
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with our services. We are continually working with the outbound carriers to offer the best rates to our customers and offer service to assist with reducing this cost.
alannahh
8/12/15

the last time i used them i had a problem there rep suggested ups as the best way to ship to Canada i ended up paying huge brokerage fees now this last time to avoid a similar situation i called to check which was best and had a supervisor send this response to me : I have also looked at the package and the pillows have been reduced in size as much as possible. Therefore, we recommend that you log onto your account and submit payment for this consolidation as is. If this is not acceptable we can certainly assist you in returning these orders to the vendor. Randa i understand because you are a supervisor you think your a boss, well your a poor boss and i want to talk to your boss . i also think your customer service people need to learn to listen - it's a skill that requires more than keeping your mouth closed. Randa your assistance and our phone conversation left me feeling bullied and with out any sense of satisfaction and a bad taste in my mouth about you as a supervisor i'd really like to talk to your bosses boss or HQ - to complain but i can't find a phone listing.

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Hello Alannah. We apologize for any negative experience regarding our services. We will be happy to further assist you with your shipment and concerns. Please submit an email to support@reship.com c/o Management and we will be happy to address this matter further.
clm2
11/29/14

Riiiiight, sure.... Ok thanks Sharon (Reship customer support rep).
If I click the link to allow Reship to unpack my small 3lb leather purse I now get charged another "small $ 7.00 fee" for that service!! And only THEN do I get to see the new shipping rates for my little item... which I just bet won't be much lower than what it shows as now. Good little scam there.

If I could get an estimate on the "new shipping cost" after the original packaging is discarded by Reship, before I actually click the link to request that service, then I would be able to compare the cost and see if it is even worth it.

- - - - - -
Here's my recent update for January 2016:
I purchased a medium size, pre-owned vintage leather handbag (weight was only 3 lbs) from a seller who didn't ship to Canada.
With dimensions of 17 x 14.5 x 6 inches, these were my shipping options according to Reship:
UPS Standard . . . . . . . Estimated 7 - 10 Business Days $37.34
UPS Worldwide Expedited . . Estimated 5 - 7 Business Days $40.50
DHL Express Worldwide . . . . Estimated 2 - 5 Business Days $43.05
UPS Worldwide Saver . . . . . . Estimated 3 - 5 Business Day $41.33
USPS Priority International. . . Estimated 7 - 10 Business Days $43.93

Guess the shipping rates went up. No longer affordable for me so I'll be staying away from Reship in future.

- - - - - -
I'm re-writing my (originally bad) review of Reship. . . simply because I've now placed 3 fairly large orders and they have all arrived in great condition, in a decent amount of time. I "consolidated" them all so they opened up my original packages and got rid of excess packaging... then put everything into ONE box, perfectly organized and packed!

Yes the company charges fees for their services (they ARE a business) - but I wouldn't be able to buy these wonderful items online otherwise... so I have to say I'm pleased overall by this company.

It's not their fault that UPS or DHL etc have their own shipping fees. Just take it all into consideration before you decide you "just must have that item".

Thanks Reship!

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Hello CL, thank you for your feedback. If you are having difficulty contacting our customer service team you may email our team directly at customerservice@reship.com. Please be advised all associated fees for requests are listed on our website under "Service & Fee's", For your reference checking into this section of our site before making a request can certainly help to make you aware of the costs involved before the request is completed. We hope this can help. Please contact us directly using the email address provided if you require further assistance or have any questions.
cliver2
11/28/14

I have oredered seom good from Tumi. I paid extra to have overnight shipping to speed up the process. After waiting a week, I contact Tumi asking where my pacjages are. I get confirmation that the packages have been signed for days ago. I am now trying to contact Reship for the past week. They have shipping information, tracking numbers, etc etc. No responses provided. I am very much hoping that they will get this resolved today or I feel this will have to become a matter for the federal authroities to investigate as I am wondering if I have actually had a reputable company deal with my stuff or a scam? .....I am hoping that we can put all of this down to a misunderstanding and chain of untoruntate circumstances! ......... to be continued!

Tip for consumers: May be wise to evaluate your alternative options here

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Hello Clive, please be aware we do our best to add each package to the correct customers account within 24 hours of delivery. If there is missing information on the delivery address the order may be delayed to be added to your account. Please contact our customer service team at customerservice@reship.com including the tracking number and courier or the package and we can look into this immediately. Thank you for your patience.
skinnyv
5/26/14

Disappointing experience. Decided to go with them after reading review (with answer from the owner) saying it costed them only 10$ to reship and it was said like it was usually really cheap. I tought it was odd but figured the ymight have some kind of shipping deal. I had a small portable gaming system with the dc converter shipped to them that usually wouldn't cost me more than 15$ to ship to Canada. When it arrived there, I realized they only use very expensive shipping option and I couldn't get my package shipped for less than 30$ which is more than the price of the item. They told me that they can repackage it for a 7$ fee and that it wouldn't be charged if they couldn't reduce the size considerably and that way it might be possible to ship with regular USPS. I then thought it would make more sense to order something else considering I was going to lose so much on shipping anyway. I then ordered a bigger box with 2 gaming console and another portable gaming system. It arrived and the cheapest price to ship was over 40$. I figured if I consolidate, they could just fit the smaller item in the extra space of the bigger box and only pay shipping once. They consolidated it for 7$ and now the item shipping fee climbed to over 60$ with USPS (only way to have chance to avoid duty and tax). Otherwise there was a 43$ UPS shipping which would be ok but considering reship 5$ processing fee per package (because it is still considered 2 package) and the 7$ consolidation fee without mentioning the original shipping to USA on top of the classic UPS overcharge on brokerage fee and duty, this is not worth it. And the thing they said about not charging the 7$ if the package couldn't be significantly reduced is not what it seemed. Apparently, removing the fee mean de-consolidating the order again and ship them individually. They also take a while to answer. In the end, it is only worth using this service if you have a very rare or hard to find item that can only be shipped to the USA and you really don't want to miss it . Otherwise, this is not worth it and it was an expensive lesson for me.

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with our company. At reship we are continuously trying to negotiate lower rates with the shipping companies so can pass these savings onto our customers. I've forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department for further review.
millicentb
12/31/13

I use this service for more than one year now, only when no other way to purchase directly from online vendor. The service, seems to me, got worse only, especially with reshipping delay, for instance last two items I bought, November and December just before holidays, took one week just for the item to show in my orders available to reship, ie one week after the shipment showed as delivered by usps. It can also take a while for the order to be actually shipped when you signed it off on their website.

Another big issue, at least for me, reship.com doesn't offer any service for returns/replacements/rma, so you are charged again for import fees on RMAs.

As always I advise to use this service only when no other domestic alternative exists and then only when either: you don't care about warranty as that can be quite expensive or you are sure that your local service provider can take care of your product under warranty (most often they don't).

Hope that helps.

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Thank you for your feedback and our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I've forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department for further review. For any type of return/replacements please contact our customer service department and we can have that arranged on our behalf. If you'd like to discuss this matter more in-depth, please write us at support@reship.com
josepha24
12/20/13

I received a set of rechargeable lawn mower batteries damaged and unusable. These came form Home Depot and there was no protection other than a single walled cardboard box. This was shipped by UPS.

I also ordered an 8" chef's knife which Reship refused to forward to me. They were helpful in assisting in the return to the vendor (which I had to pay in order to get my refund) though. I don't understand why a kitchen knife over 6" long is prohibited by Reship policy. I have since found the exact same knife in stock in Canada and have ordered it (with free shipping). In Canada we use many carving knives etc longer than 6" (we are a barbaric lot). I suppose American turkeys must be smaller than our Thanksgiving day monsters.

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Hello Joseph, We're very sorry to hear of the recent experience you have had with our service. Unfortunately we are unable to ship knives as it's considered to be a prohibited item(weapon). Were your lawn mower batteries consolidated and repacked by us or reshipped in its original packaging? Did you purchase insurance on your order? If you'd like to discuss this matter more in-depth, please write us at support@reship.com
cathn
10/19/13

Item was delivered to Reship Warehouse signed for but now reship cannot find the item.
I have sent off all details proof of purchase ,proof of paypal ,proof of delivery ,i was told a week ago the matter would be resolved but am still waiting after 2 further emails.To me its pretty cut n dried ,you lost my package or stole it now REFUND me.
Great Logistics firm but badly lacking in the responsibilty to customers department

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Hello Cath, we’re sorry to hear about your experience you had with our service. Upon reviewing your account it seems as though we have located your missing package. As you are aware in lieu of this unfortunate situation we have offered you a discount on your shipping. Again our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.
skyeb
5/18/13

BEWARE!!! Please notice that all 5 star reviews for reship were written in a similar fashion between February and April 2012.
I ordered something through them and the shipping price is exorbitant! They claim that the product I ordered which is no bigger than 2 inches squared arrived in a box that is 12in x 7in x 2in. I thought maybe the company had sent the thing in a huge box but then another two small items i bought apparently arrived in even bigger boxes. I'm waiting for one more thing before I consolidate them (the initial shipping of the small $6 item was going to cost over $20 (because of the large size of the box) so i decided to buy some more stuff to consolidate and hopefully bring the price down. Will be very interested to see how much it's going to cost and whether it's even worth having them forwarded.

nancyl18
4/16/13

They charge a 5$ holding fee, another 7$ consolidation fee (how hard can it be to open various packages and put them all into one), and then, the carrier's fees, which are ridiculous. For a 60$ package, I will be paying more than 50$ for shipping fees, will take about a week and a half to get it (don't have it yet) and I did not get the price for the customs fees yet... Never again!

johnc130
10/31/12

They actively advertise "shop at any US retailer" and post logos of many companies. This is not the case. Apple.com has black balled these guys. They will not ship to them. That was my only experience trying to make a purchase. I wonder how many other retailers are slamming the door on this service?

seanw8
7/5/12

I have just had a frustrating experience with Reship.com.

I expected the system they use to manage large volumes of shipments to be accurate and fast however have learned this is not the case. I shipped my order to them and logged in to pay for reshipment to Australia. Having paid for the service I receive mail 3 days later suggesting they got the weight wrong and subsequently decided to cancel my order and refund the cost. Great I now have to wait a week for the refund and pay for them to try again. The customer service response has been "it is my problem" which is incredibly frustrating.

Yours,

Sean

I have used Reship.com many times and there is no trouble at all. If you worry about a shipping fee, you can calculate it before an order at their website. And, you can choose your favorite shipping method. If you order a heavy parcel, it may take much shipping fee.

By Sander K.

I have just discovered "YouShop" and they are totally amazing ... https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/youshop

By Jo J.

Login--> Account---> Order Currently At Reship---> Select Shipping Method Select the cheapest one which is USPS (delivery estimate is "up to 90 days" however I got mine shipped within a week to Toronto, Ontario, Canada). If you know the dimensions get a price quote first to avoid unpleasant surprises later: https://www.reship.com/UI/ShippingEstimate.aspx

By Teresa N.

Avoid Reship all together. If you don't have troubles now, you WILL. Read my review. Absolutely terrible customer service and you don't have to read just my review. Find an alternative, please.

By Steven B.

Does this link help? http://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/toll-free.html

By Jo J.

Hello Elaine. I am the Operations Manager for Reship. USPS attempted to change our zipcode back in June in the hopes of steam lining the on time delivery service. This has blown up on a very large scale. We are still missing over 150 packages going back to the beginning of the year. When you track your package on the USPS website, it will show delivered. What that means is it has been delivered to one of two locations here in Portland and scanned to what they call a format sheet. Their goal os have those packages delivered within 24 hours. The new locations that our inbound packages are supposed to be coming from do not have deducated drivers at this point. the post office manager and acting state of Oregon Post Master are working with me to find a solution. We received over 350 missing packages late Friday. Please check your account ans see if it has been delivered by now. if not email our customer support team with your tracking number and reference my name and I will contact the manager personally to see if they can find this. This has been a huge obstacle that is out of our control. I apologize for this and we hope to have things back on track soon with USPS. Justin Camp

By JUSTIN C.

our office hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm PST. I am the Operations Manger for Reship. call 503-257-4644 or my direct number of 604-592-7255

By JUSTIN C.

Have you received your item yet? I am the Operations Manager here and want to make sure you are getting the level of service you deserve.

By JUSTIN C.

This company SCAM I sent to their address products in the amount of $ 300. But when it was required to pay for their services, I got an error - "Payment was not successful - Please try again or contact us for assistance" Support responds 48 hours - Do not know what to do. My things were bought from them

By kennie s.

You can go to our website (www.reship.com) scroll down on the home page and you will see a section to request a qoute. You will need the dimensions, value, weight and city country and zipcode. This will give you carrier pricing to ship the item.

By JUSTIN C.
Questions? Get answers from the ReShip staff and other customers.

2 Photos for ReShip