Review of ReShip

info@reship.com

107 reviews with 1 star

johns3901
6/11/19

It took 2 and a half month to get reship to finally send through my items. They have the absolute worse customer service I have seen in my entire adult life. I never though shipment could cost more than the product to ship

samr226
5/9/19

I thought this would be a great service. I live right across the border in Canada, so didn't think it could be too expensive. Also, I worked in shipping for two years (from Canada to the US mostly, as well as Canada to International), so I actually have a fairly good idea of options and shipping costs. Because they ship across the border so often, what it usually means is they have a truck that drives everything across and then they ship everything from within Canada. This allows for much cheaper shipping for them, and should be cheaper shipping for you. (i.e. something that would cost $96 from Canada to US, is driven across and with import fees and within country UPS tracked package costs ends up being $22 total, even if they charge $44 that is a 50% profit for them and cheaper for you, everyone wins)

So I bought $60 worth of clothing, got free shipping to the US address. And the cheapest estimate was over $20 for "usually arrives with in 30 days". It would have only been $26 to get it through FedEx from the store directly. I thought the point of this service was to pay LESS for shipping? I went for the FedEx option, because I WANT tracking now that I'm feeling a little screwed over and it was almost $50USD. The package can't way more then 3lbs. Honestly, if I get hit with import fees on top of this cost (like other reviewers are saying they were), I am filing a complaint. I know how much it costs to ship thing and if I am paying over $50US/$70CAD for just shipping, then that just screams SCAM where they hold your packages hostage until you pay, and then don't expect you to reorder.

That isn't even including the $5 per package that implies is the cost to actually ship the package. This will be the last time I use this service.

UPDATE: First, I got an email saying my customs description wasn't detailed enough so they were holding it. So, the time to get that email, respond, and have them do anything with it added and additional 4 days to the ship time. And then a day later, I received a call from FedEx saying that I owed them Customs/Import fees of $25. So on top of the $70CAD I already paid, I know have to pay another $25 to even receive it.

valentins17
5/5/19

So... had 4 packages delivered to them... one took 180$ to ship from uk to romania. The other 3 arrived, tried to consolidate and after a week or so, recieved an email that said it contains 3 batterries, and needs to be splitted in 2 separate packages, max nr of batterries per package is 2. Ok, i said, asked them to split it. Took 2 weeks to split it. After that, tried to consolidate in 2 packages, 1 containing 2 of the 3 batteries and the other one 1 batterry. Just now recieved an email where they said they cancelled the consolidations because they can't ship batterries. WTF!!!!!?????? It took 1 month to do that! Their pricing is outrageous and their customer support is awful! Don't bother!

sherryv29
5/4/19

I thought reship was a great idea. I wanted a few items from Walmart.com and I am located in Canada. My order came to less than $100 US. Unfortunately walmart shipped my items in three separate packages. I though no problem I will pay the $7 to consolodate. Little did I know the $5 the charge per package is not what they ship BUT what the receive. So I paid $5 per package that arrived ($15) $7 for them to consolodate $23 now. Then I get my shipping quotes all of the $54.00 and up USD :0 I was shocked. As I ship my self on a regular basis. Sucked it up and paid my $78 USD! Almost twice the cost of my items. Then I get a notice from UPS that I owed $26 (CAD) for their fees...ummmm what was the $54.00 for? So now I have paid more than my items are worth. Will never use reship again...and will caution others to STAY AWAY

ll265
4/24/19

This is my first time using Reship and it may be my last. My package was received by Reship on April 10th. I allowed one week for processing, but when nothing happened, I sent an email, and two weeks later, no response. I tried calling this morning, reached voice mail with a recording that they do no return international calls!!!??? How is that possible when all or most of your customers are outside the US!!?? A second email has been sent. Will I ever get my package???

jimm908
4/22/19

Incredibly slow service on top of constantly cancelling orders, regardless of how it is being shipped. It is definitely a company I strongly would avoid. I wasted a lot of money on ordering clothing and such just to get my shipping cancelled and then told it will continue to not ship unless I pay more and then will add storage fees on top of it just to make more money off of the customers. Thank you for stealing my goods and forcing me to pay more than they are worth now.

toddj46
4/9/19

I HAVE NOTICED A HUGE DROP IN RESHIP'S CUSTOMER SERVICE LATELY WHICH NOW MOST OF THE TIME IS NON EXISTENT!
They do provide a prompt service but zero support anymore.
I have been a Reship customer for more than 10 years and over that period they consolidate and shipped over 1,000 my items promptly. In the past they offered a very prompt service with excellent custom support. My only complaint over the years was their very high shipping rates which I didn't think reflected any of their volume discount as noted in their promotional text. On the contrary, they may have been inflated. Also think they should offer slower, less expensive, modes of transportation.
Recently I have found it impossible to speak live with a customer service rep and now, when calling, always get same recording and voice mail only option and since they don't make international calls to Canada it now appears impossible to ever talk live with a customer service rep. Until recently you were always able to phone Reship and actually have someone answer the phone and talk with you. Plus there never seems to be anyone available via live-chat on their website. What makes this even worse is that 95% of the time no one every responds to, voice messages, even via email.
Also 95% all of my emails to them are never acknowledged or responded to via a voice or email. They used to have an "email" address on their website but have now removed it. So, unless you know one of their email addresses, the only way to send them a text message is via the online website request "form". Until recently, when I sent an "email" it would always immediately get a automatic email response with case number and all "emails" were responded to in one business day or less. None of this happens anymore. The "form" provides no way to CC yourself or look back at messages sent. In fact, rarely do you get a response at all from a sent "email" or "form"; not in one day, not in one month.
A week prior to posting this negative review I sent them a heads up and overview but not surprisingly NO response.
It's all quite frustrating and disappointing.

jc724
1/10/19

WORST COMPANY EVER. SUPER EXPENSIVE NICKLE AND DIMED ME, CRAPPY CUSTOMER SERVICE, NOT UNACCOUNTABLE, MANAGEMENT UNWILLING TO FOLOOW UP WITH COMPLAINTS.

I WOULD USE ANY OTHER COMPANY BUT THIS ONE.

YES SITE JABBER ADMINS THIS IS A BONAFIDE REVIEW OF A HORRIBLE COMPANY 20.1.2019. FO POSITIVE COMMENTS REQUIRE ADDITIONAL CREDIBILITY?

ReShip attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Thanks for the opportunity to address your concerns.

andrewk260
12/10/18

I didn't know what will be the price after consolidation, because I couldn't calculate the shipping according to package dimensions before ordering, so I was not pleasantly surprised.
Long story short, it may worth it if you ordering a lot of small items, otherwise it's almost always takes half of price of goods or even more. Hope to never deal with you again. It's also slow, very slow for it's money

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Hi, thanks for your review. I like your suggestion to have a method to calculate a consolidation dimensions, we are about to launch a brand new website and will eventually have that feature. Keep in mind, our shipping rates are set by the carriers (UPS, FEDEX, DHL, USPS, CANADA POST, UK Mail, etc) Luckily, Reship customers are able to use our company discount, thus you save 65% from going directly to the carrier!
tomy36
12/3/18

The Company's customer service team is impossible to get ahold of. I had sent numerous emails and called them on the phone with no one to answer me back in the last 2 weeks. If you have urgent and expensive packages to deliver to you, don't choose this company as their customer service is non existent. Stay away!

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience and I wish to make it right. Can you tell me what went wrong? I just need your customer or order number.

Thanks for the opportunity to address your concerns.

williamw474
9/27/18

Poor Quality of Service received by the company. Questionable practices for visa payment and followup.

noellen1
9/26/18

This is my first experience using this company to ship some gifts from amazon to Asia.
However, they just refuse my credit card for stupid reason (that they require my passport copy to proceed, which i found unreasonable); then since amazon closed the order already and i could not return to amazon, i fully paid another shipping company to ship to a local address and reship refuse to do so !!!!!!!!!
Now my gifts are locked with them and i do not even know how to get them back without needing to provide sensitive personal info.
Totally helpless here.
their emails are hopeless too, not trying to solve the problems
and i asked for over 3 times for their formal complain email with no response.
VERY ANGRY

kevep
7/17/18

Never make the mistake of opening an account there. I lost a lot of money there. Every other reshipping company out there is better than this abomination.

1. They close account for nothing.
2. They hold packages for nothing.
3. When you receive packages, you sometimes do not even get a notification.
4. Their management team is a joke. Cannot resolve simple issues. Makes you wait weeks.

Save your valuable time and brain cells. Use other companies.

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Dear Keve: Reship.com dedicates itself to providing the best service possible. Reship uses industry advanced warehouse technology; thus notifications are instantly sent when parcels are received, and every customer is entitled to 60 days of free storage. An account suspension occurs only when there is compliance or regulatory violation on behalf of the user. Please reach out customerservice@reship.com so we may assist you. We are here for you!

Sincerely, Management
haroldz5
3/14/18

Used for the first time. Paid 5USD for the registration fee. Package was sent to them and they have charged me much more then USPS International fee. After three weeks I have contacted them for the track&trace information. It should have been delivered but...in a totally other city...Asked them to investigate. They have replied: dont bother us, when we know more we will inform you.....Still waiting...Lost 250USD..

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Dear Harold, Reship.com strives to deliver the best customer experience. Our dedicated customer service team would never say "don't bother us". If your item is misdelivered due to carrier error, Reship provides a full refund. Millions of packages are shipped worldwide daily and mistakes do happen, but we are here for you to make sure you receive your item or your money back.

Sincerely, Management
richc47
12/30/17

I WOULD GIVE A -MINUS STAR IF I COULD...ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! THEY DOUBLE CHARGED MY ACCOUNT FOR ONE SHIPMENT ! I CONTACTED THEM TO GET A REFUND FOR THE ONE CHARGE AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS NOT PROCESSED BY THEM AND TO CONTACT MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY ! ITS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH NOW AND STILL NO REFUND! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Response from Reship T., ReShip Representative
Dear Rich, your statement of "double-charged" is not possible as payment processors only charge when a customer submits info and our software does not allow multiple payments for the same shipment (it's common practice for all merchants). Our staff verified the charge is not from Reship, and your credit card company is able to reverse any payment you don't agree with. Best of luck, and if you require any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach our staff at customerservice@reship.com.

alicem102
12/9/17

I have been trying to cancel my subscription since september and they are still charging my account. I now have to take it to the credit card company:(

janeta55
11/10/17

Instead I believed their site when they write that they are the "best". Our shipment went missing, customer service is terrible and to top it off - outrageously expensive. Plus I could have driven to the US and back quicker.
Never again.

josipj1
10/29/17

I have a package ship from Amazon to Reship 10 days ago, UPS Innovations have a label for delivery purposes, however the package has not been picked up from Reship. Reship are investigating Ha! I am out over $350 USD including postage if they can't find it, and I am very upset. It was a present for my son and no one is doing anything about it. This is just not on, does anyone have any Idea as to what or who I can complain to and maybe get some help. I am from Australia.

georgim3
10/29/17

Awfull service!!!...told them to do one thing and one thing only!!!...they were suppose to unpack everything, remove all pricetags and labels and pack everything together! For that simple action paid between 150 and 200 U.S.!!! When they arrived in Germany the customs called me to let me know that can not be a present because all the labels and pricetags are there!!!...instead of 200 I paid 500 U.S.! When I wrote them they basically told me that it is all my fault and that is it!!...very irresponsible, expensive for the one simple action they do and not user friendly at all!!! Please do yourself a favour and ignore them!!!

deanm103
10/13/17

I shipped a couple of items at exorbanant rates. So I used very sparingly. I had an item shipped to them to forward to CA. They reversed the payment without notice and all of sudden demanded I supply Photo ID, picture of both sides of my credit card, and a screenshot of my PayPal account. Felt like my item is being held ransom. I reluctantly supplied a screenshot and Health Card with number blacked out, they STILL won't accept my payment!!! Now I have to try and get Amazon to return the package and send Reship a return label, however I feel my item $100+ is going bye bye!!!!

nataliec48
8/16/17

Textbook from Amazon.com: $22
ReShip Membership Fee: $5
ReShip Handling Fee: $5
ReShip Shipping Fee: $37.49
UPS Cost of Delivery: $12
Total: $81.49!!!!!!!!

I should have just gotten the textbook from Amazon.ca for $60 and saved myself the time and money ...

lucyd35
8/14/17

I will never, ever, ever use Reship again! I ordered a pair of $34.99 leggings, got them shipped to my Reship address for free from the retailer. Reship took 3 days to log that it arrived. I selected my delivery, only to be emailed to tell me that they don't offer insurance on that type of delivery - how convenient, being that it's the cheapest shipping option! They refunded my original fee and directed me to redo it. The next option was a whopping $15 more!!! Having it shipped from the retailer would only have cost me $20 in the first place! And, guess what - they don't return items to the retailer! So my options were to lose my parcel or pay their extortionate price...!

To top it off, when the UPS man turned up at my door he demanded another £21 for "customs". Upon checking the invoice, my customs fee was only £9.99, the rest was a "handling" fee!!! So, don't believe their claim that they get around customs fees!

Here's the general breakdown of how much one pair of leggings cost with Reship:

Direct from the retailer - $34.99 leggings + $19.99 delivery = $54.98/£42.40

Using Reship - $34.99 leggings + $5 handling + $2 Insurance + $38.80 delivery + $28 "customs" = $108.79/£83.90!!!!

Tip for consumers: A tip for using this site?! DON'T!

jamesm688
7/27/17

I ordered a lamp with a magnifier for $45 from an Amazon store that didn't offer shipping to Canada. The tracking said the package arrived at Reship warehouse on July 14, didn't get email notifying me until July 24.Only available hipping options to Canada, $155, $150 and $135 USD!

For a $45 lamp.

rutht41
7/7/17

It was the first time I used RE-SHIP. One of my friend tried it for one package only and everything was okay. So, I bought different things at Amazon and some other sellers, an average of 10 different orders. Many complications. Had to pay twice because they cannot find my payment. Very hard to find somebody to help. All my stuff is still in their warehouse since 2 weeks and they refuse to delivery because they have something to check. After this they asked for a photo of my credit card and one ID. Today I got a message from them telling me they found hazardous stuff in one of my boxes. I told them it is only clothes and shoes. No more answer. I bought something for my husband's birthday : forget it ! They are asking delay of 24-48 hours to check something else again. A lot of trouble, abusive rates and I'm still waiting for my stuff. They are faster to pick-up the money from your credit card than to give the service. I am furious !!!

davidd337
5/23/17

Everything seemed good at the start, until I needed a package split up. Since live chat is only available during US business hours, a simple conversation that could have taken place in 5 minutes, took a week with questions and answers back and forth. Missed my shipping window, not happy.

I have used Reship.com many times and there is no trouble at all. If you worry about a shipping fee, you can calculate it before an order at their website. And, you can choose your favorite shipping method. If you order a heavy parcel, it may take much shipping fee.

By Sander K.

I have just discovered "YouShop" and they are totally amazing ... https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/youshop

By Jo J.

Login--> Account---> Order Currently At Reship---> Select Shipping Method Select the cheapest one which is USPS (delivery estimate is "up to 90 days" however I got mine shipped within a week to Toronto, Ontario, Canada). If you know the dimensions get a price quote first to avoid unpleasant surprises later: https://www.reship.com/UI/ShippingEstimate.aspx

By Teresa N.

Avoid Reship all together. If you don't have troubles now, you WILL. Read my review. Absolutely terrible customer service and you don't have to read just my review. Find an alternative, please.

By Steven B.

Does this link help? http://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/toll-free.html

By Jo J.

Hello Elaine. I am the Operations Manager for Reship. USPS attempted to change our zipcode back in June in the hopes of steam lining the on time delivery service. This has blown up on a very large scale. We are still missing over 150 packages going back to the beginning of the year. When you track your package on the USPS website, it will show delivered. What that means is it has been delivered to one of two locations here in Portland and scanned to what they call a format sheet. Their goal os have those packages delivered within 24 hours. The new locations that our inbound packages are supposed to be coming from do not have deducated drivers at this point. the post office manager and acting state of Oregon Post Master are working with me to find a solution. We received over 350 missing packages late Friday. Please check your account ans see if it has been delivered by now. if not email our customer support team with your tracking number and reference my name and I will contact the manager personally to see if they can find this. This has been a huge obstacle that is out of our control. I apologize for this and we hope to have things back on track soon with USPS. Justin Camp

By JUSTIN C.

our office hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm PST. I am the Operations Manger for Reship. call 503-257-4644 or my direct number of 604-592-7255

By JUSTIN C.

Have you received your item yet? I am the Operations Manager here and want to make sure you are getting the level of service you deserve.

By JUSTIN C.

This company SCAM I sent to their address products in the amount of $ 300. But when it was required to pay for their services, I got an error - "Payment was not successful - Please try again or contact us for assistance" Support responds 48 hours - Do not know what to do. My things were bought from them

By kennie s.

You can go to our website (www.reship.com) scroll down on the home page and you will see a section to request a qoute. You will need the dimensions, value, weight and city country and zipcode. This will give you carrier pricing to ship the item.

By JUSTIN C.
Questions? Get answers from the ReShip staff and other customers.

2 Photos for ReShip