RepublicWireless reviews

Tel: +1-919-825-1953
security@republicwireless.com

davida632
4/25/18

I have had Republic Wireless for the last 3 1/2 years. True you used to have to buy their phone. That is no longer the case. I would be lying if i said I never had quality issues but that seems to be a thing of the past. If you happen to be somewhere where you can't get coverage usually you can find a place with free WiFi and it will work great. With their Anywhere* app i can also get and give calls and texts from my tablet and laptop if they are connected to WiFi.
* Voice may only be for the bet version of Anywhere.
They are worth looking into.

mwami
6/15/17

Great concept but in reality you're getting crap phones to use Verizon network (or some other major carrier whose name I forget).

The phones have no sim cards so are locked to Republic and have very low resale value.

The phones are laughably old and outdated. Forget having a smartphone. The cell service is just good enough for casual phone calls. Only use for business if you love losing money and having clients badmouth you.

Support is "crowd-sourced" meaning there is very very very little in way of direct support or even employees to talk to. You'll have to rely on outdated user forums to search fixes to issues.

My phone would stop randomly working and voice mail wouldn't work.

A very obscure carrier with obscure directions.

But, the price is very good if you aren't obsessed with phones.

jerrim3
5/26/17

Phone would not work put in for a ticket. Requested a call did not receive it. I try requested to return phone, and followed instructions to factory reset phone. I double checked that personal data off phone, and turned it off and mailed the phone. They claim the phone was locked.... You cannot Reset phone with personal lock... must be swipe only as per instructions I followed. I never took off the plastic on the phone... I couldn't use the phone it kept giving me "Sim invalid" notice. they charged me 400.00+ for damages.... I could not use the phone it would only pickup WiFi. Was nothing but a paperweight I couldn't use. I DID NOT Damage the phone.... I

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TO THROW AWAY. THE PHONE WAS EXPENSIVE AND DID NOT PERFORM AS A PHONE....
NO HUMAN TO TALK TO, AND SHOULD YOU HAVE AN ISSUE SUCH AS SIM INVALID.
THEY DON'T KEEP THEIR WORD..... I FOLLOWED THEIR DIRECTIONS, AND KEPT MY WORD AND THEY LIED AND STOLE MONEY.

kerris7
8/24/16

I have been with them for 2 years now. I got my sons first phone here - he was only 11, but I'm divorced....and wanted an extra mode of contact when he is with dad. Their plans are very reasonable but back then you had a choice of 3 phones. Now they have expanded to include more of the popular style phones and even using your own phone. I really hope that as they grow, they don't go bonkers with their rates like Verizon. I have Verizon for my phone only bc I need it to work at my parents house ... where Verizon is the ONLY carrier that works there. sigh. But I have been absolutely delighted with their customer service, plans and now they have the 'cool' new phones! If I didn't have to have Verizon - I would switch immediately! Check them out!

amyq3
8/12/16

I contacted Republic via "chat" which is essentially email, because it takes approx. 1-24 hours to get a response and wanted a phone they sold but did not want the one color option remaining and also the phones were overpriced compared to the general market, so inquired as to whether or not I could purchase my own phone and sign up anyway. Because of the lag time between questions and answers it was a very slow process to communicate. The rep was very nice but did not explain with specificity what exactly I should be looking for in a phone to make it compatible. Anyway, I ended up down a big rabbit hole with the wrong phone. Another rep in my opinion became very defensive, and although the first rep apologized which I appreciated, the time and effort it took was way too much. When I asked to "speak" to a supervisor, no one contacted me. I would say it's best to stick with companies that have actual phone numbers so you can talk to customer service. I would not recommend this company for that reason and also I don't feel they made good on the mistakes they made with me.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the RepublicWireless staff and other customers.

RepublicWireless?