Review of RentalCars.com

peterrooney@rentalcars.com

8 reviews with 5 stars

partl
1/29/18

The car was priced nicely and was very claen. I would use them again. I got a Volvo and I think I might buy one PD Fresno

fongchingc
10/27/17

I don't know why so many people here say bad things about this company, I had a great experience with them, and their ratings are also pretty high on other websites. Anyway, I booked my rental car in Iceland through their website, everything went smoothly regarding the reservation and pick-up. I also bought the full protection insurance from them, which helps cover the deductible in case there are damages to the car. Luckily I did that! Because I did get some scratches on the car, and the repair cost was close to 1000USD. I filed the claim and supporting documents to rentalcars.com via their website, and they reimbursed me the entire amount within two weeks! Honest and efficient company!

jenniferm378
7/17/17

I booked a car for a holiday Portugal through Rentalcars.com for a car that came with basic/standard insurance. I then also opted for Full Protection for another 90 from Rentalcars.com. When we returned the car we were charged 339 for a 26mm scratch on a hubcap. Might have been there when we collected it originally, but so small I would have never noticed it. Suspiciously it was the first place the man checking the car on return went to (hmmmmmmm). Anyways, we paid. I submitted my online claims form which took 10 minutes on Rentalcars.com a week later. 3 hours later I received an email that my credit card (one used in paying for full protection) would be credited the full amount back within 5 working days. The only thing I was charged beyond what I paid Rentalcars.com was the fuel option which I had specifically asked for at the desk myself. No hidden charges.

andreym13
7/8/17

Through this service we rented a Citroen car in AVIS for a month on the island Gran Canaria for only 180 euros (we take it without insurance)! In the car did not work a cigarette lighter socket and we asked to change the car, we were given Honda Civic with automatic transmission! Super!

Мы арендовали через этот сервис авто Citroen на Gran Canaria на месяц всего за 180 евро, по итогу получили Honda Civic автомат, класс!

davids782
7/1/17

I have been renting through The Rentalcars.com website several times per year for about 3 years now and have been very pleased with the prices I have paid. For example, when British Airways / Avis wanted £700+ for a 7 seater Dodge Grand Caravan in San Diego, Rentalcars got it for me for £250.

However, I am prompted to write due to two positive experiences with their Customer Service. Last December I had booked a car an Innsbruck airport through rental cars. The night before travelling to Innsbruck I printed out the paperwork and found the particular rental company would not accept American Express. I phoned Rentalcars and they managed to change my booking to another company that accepted American Express and were cheaper than the original one!

In May I booked a car for a week at St John's airport in New Foundland, Canada. Unfortunately, I accidentally forgot to pack my driving licence. I rang Rentalcars from Canada but they were unable to help me get a car without my licence. They told me to ring their customer services when I got home. I did this and within two weeks they obtained a full refund of £250 for me from the car rental company.

I do not take the extra insurance they offer because, being a regular traveller, I pay about £80 per year for an online insurance that covers all the rip-off excesses charged by car rental companies.

matejam1
6/19/16

I cancelled my reservation and got all my money back.

twondas
10/20/15

Avis Rental Car company is one best that I've used in a very long time.... what ever price you are quote is pretty much the price you end up with, I think I may have paid $10 over online quote. They are courteous and helpful, very honest.

kimberlyj19
9/15/15

hought I paid for the car by selecting 3rd Party Liability. But...I get there only to be told the 3rd party liab was for $250,000 and the require $2,500,000. So I was supposed to pay 150% more! Scammed!!

Took their bait of "Free Cancellation" and made a reservation then found that the coverage they were including for Iceland was bare bones. Found that for the same cost other rental car companies in Iceland include CDW so cancelled my reservation to get an email back that my deposit had been 'forfeited'. So beware "Free cancellation" is a bait and forfeiture will be the switch if you cancel. If you don't cancel your cost for CDW could double your cost. Then you can also imagine the CDW that a sneaky and scammy outfit would provide you. To carry your own CDW for any car rental I recommend the coverage provided by Allianz. I found them under my AAA membership. Go to aaa.com then look under Travel > Travel & Trip Insurance. Currently the per day cost for 40K USD covergae is $9.

By A M.

I totally agree and I also mentioned the same in my review but the 1 thing I always wonder that when you search for the rental cars, this company appeared with 4 star ratings. It seemed that this company is so CROOKED THAT THEY EVEN TEMPERED THE RATINGS AS WELL.

By Javed W.

Stay away, if something goes wrong and you cannot pick up the car, they will keep your money. All of it.

By Norman N.

John P Mate I was unfortunate enough to contact these Criminals and pay them money I have nothing to do with them and am simply warning other people not to be fooled by them and to loose therehard earned money. Take up your complains with Rental car. Com if you want to f and blind direct it to them. I understand the frustration with this company. Steven P thank you for your response to John P What a world!!!

By Jean l.

By Xophe X.

Questions? Get answers from the RentalCars.com staff and other customers.

4 Photos for RentalCars.com