Review of RentalCars.com

peterrooney@rentalcars.com

1 review with 3 stars

tcs3
5/3/17

"Do you have a screen shot?" That is what you'll be asked for to prove anything to their customer service. I rented a SUV that had an offer of "free second driver and GPS rental" showing on the website. When I received my final booking it was not there. Customer service refused to honor the offer because I did not have a screen shot. The vehicle I had selected was no longer showing on their site. I had no "proof". Just my word. A different vehicle, much more expensive, from the same supplier did show the same offer but they still refused to change my rental. Make sure you have proof if you decide to rent from them. Bait and switch? Maybe. Bad business practices? Absolutely!

Took their bait of "Free Cancellation" and made a reservation then found that the coverage they were including for Iceland was bare bones. Found that for the same cost other rental car companies in Iceland include CDW so cancelled my reservation to get an email back that my deposit had been 'forfeited'. So beware "Free cancellation" is a bait and forfeiture will be the switch if you cancel. If you don't cancel your cost for CDW could double your cost. Then you can also imagine the CDW that a sneaky and scammy outfit would provide you. To carry your own CDW for any car rental I recommend the coverage provided by Allianz. I found them under my AAA membership. Go to aaa.com then look under Travel > Travel & Trip Insurance. Currently the per day cost for 40K USD covergae is $9.

By A M.

I totally agree and I also mentioned the same in my review but the 1 thing I always wonder that when you search for the rental cars, this company appeared with 4 star ratings. It seemed that this company is so CROOKED THAT THEY EVEN TEMPERED THE RATINGS AS WELL.

By Javed W.

Stay away, if something goes wrong and you cannot pick up the car, they will keep your money. All of it.

By Norman N.

John P Mate I was unfortunate enough to contact these Criminals and pay them money I have nothing to do with them and am simply warning other people not to be fooled by them and to loose therehard earned money. Take up your complains with Rental car. Com if you want to f and blind direct it to them. I understand the frustration with this company. Steven P thank you for your response to John P What a world!!!

By Jean l.

By Xophe X.

Questions? Get answers from the RentalCars.com staff and other customers.

4 Photos for RentalCars.com