Review of Red Apple Audio

Red Apple Audio reviews

tinal228
3/26/19

We recorded the audio for our game at The Red Apple Shed and had a wonderful experience. We left with quality output with so little effort on our part, and we deeply appreciate the effort made by the team during our use of the studio. The range of equipment available for use is astounding and the location is very convenient for Belfast users.

Tip for consumers: These guys are very accommodating... can sort weekends and evenings to fit around you.

lisak399
3/26/19

Purchased £350 for 2 items. Sent several emails, no response. Had to call and waste more time on this. Item was not going to be shipped. Was on backorder for a month but they don't tell you that. Asked them to cancel the order and refund the payment. That didn't happen. Had to phone back again and was told to not call back about my refund that wasn't processed for £350. Had to put in a PayPal claim to get the funds back. Bad, bad business. Wish we would've seen the other reviews before purchasing from here. Don't waste your time and money with this company.

ronano5
2/25/19

Bought a pedal from Red Apple Audio on Reverb on Thursday 14/02.

Pedal was listed as in stock.

Contacted to ask when to expect delivery. Told that pedal wasn't actually in stock, but they would receive it on Tuesday 19/02 and it would "be in my hands" the following day.

On Monday a tracking number was added to my order
Contacted again. Was told that this was an automated dummy' tracking number, and the real tracking number would be added as soon as it was dispatched on Tuesday.
No updated tracking on Tuesday.

Pedal didn't arrive on Wednesday, tracking still not updated.
Contacted again. Was told that the pedal was dispatched on Tuesday, but they ignored my request for the correct tracking information.

No pedal on Thursday or Friday.
Contacted again. Told that there may be a problem with the items they dispatched on Tuesday (really!). Also tried to convince me that the unrecognised tracking number that they previously stated was an automated dummy code is the real and correct tracking number. Told me that they would resolve the issue on Monday because they don't work on the weekend. Promised to send a new one via special delivery if it hadn't arrived on Monday.

Now it's Monday 25/02, 11 days since I ordered a pedal that was listed as in stock. Still no pedal, still no tracking update, still no effort to resolve the issue, and no replacement sent as promised.

Instead of resolving my issue, they cancelled the order without my consent. Reason - they lied about having stock to send a replacement. The absolute worst seller I have ever dealt with.

dickm22
5/3/18

As title says...bought item through Ebay... nothing since (2 weeks)..... no items. no communication... no one answer the phone..... can only assume that the business is defunct and the staff all on leave. Unless they all went to a really GREAT PARTY... and cant remember their names..... or something. LOSERS....Shall have to get money back through EBAY.

kevb7
1/30/18

Ordered via amazon , kit no show , no one there picking up phone amazon wont help £110 down the Swanee! Uselessness k

kieranb7
1/24/18

Ordered the AT2020 microphone off of amazon from this seller, waited a week for the delivery and now it hasn't showed up and is a day late. Waiting for a response via email. Reading online, others have been given the mix up of labels excuse.

roydena
1/21/18

These guys are difficult to find on google search but they should be rated above other audio equipment web stores in the search engine. Great service although product took longer than expected to be shipped. Very happy with purchase.

markm447
1/12/18

I came across Red Apple Audios website while I was searching for a guitar pedal that I couldnt find in stock at any online retailer. R.A.A. had it in stock (and cheaper than anywhere else!) so I sent them a message on their chat messages service within website. Response was almost instantaneous from Craig confirming they had item in stock and could put it out for delivery straight away. I decided to collect from store as I wanted a look around! Excellent stock of Audio Visual equipment. Couldve stayed all day!
I would definitely recommend.

tinot9
1/10/18

When Craig dealt with my email requesting a expedited delivery at one oclock in the morning, I knew I was onto a winner ordering from Red Apple Audio. Not only that but got a great deal on my sE2200 microphone plus an extra 15% off in their January sale.

benh122
12/14/17

I wouldn't call "ordering some cables" a noteworthy experience, but that in itself is I suppose noteworthy - No issues; placed order; cables arrived quickly.

gregm165
12/10/17

An incorrect product sent out, and a lovely gesture of keeping the original with the correct one sent out the following day...the John Lewis for musicians...will definitely be back.

barryc54
12/5/17

Ordered, paid and within 24 hours it was delivered with the early morning post. You really don't get better than that !!!!! Fantastic I would recumbent to anyone !!!!!!

Response from Craig R., Red Apple Audio Representative
Hope you return Barry!
lisah356
12/4/17

Ordered an item for christmas, received order confirmation and amount was deducted from my account. So far so good. The next day received email stating order was canceled because they did not have enough stock to fulfill my order and my payment has been refunded. That was November 29th; it is now December 4th and still the funds have not showed back up in my account. Emailed them on December 2nd and still no refund or response from my email. Very disappointed in my experience first and last time buying from them. Would still like to know where my refund is.........

Response from Craig R., Red Apple Audio Representative
Hi there we informed you that the product is no longer available and a refund was given on November 29th. If you need anything else please let us know.
darrenj24
11/28/17

Huge saving on Black Friday deal. Excellent customer service to meet my needs. Fast postage and friendly communication.
Highly recommended.

Response from Craig R., Red Apple Audio Representative
Glad you had a good experience, hope you return.
michaelm678
10/29/17

Ordered a Stagg Guitar Cable and it arrived really promptly, just in time for the event I was using it at. If I could give more than 5 stars I would!

Response from Craig R., Red Apple Audio Representative
Glad you had a great experience, hope you return.
guym48
10/29/17

I ordered an item of which they 4 in stock. The item was expensive but was sent without tracking. When it didn't arrive I contacted them and was told to check with neighbours and the post office. They then told me they had tracked it down at a depot and the label was ripped off.

The package was ALREADY A WEEK OVERDUE and I was told it would have to be sent back to N Ireland for it to be checked before sending it out again.

Why they didn't think of sending out another straight away beats me! I suggested this. "I will ask dispatch to make sure this happens." (Complete email response) 5 days, and several requests for tracking numbers and delivery details, later THEY STILL HAD NOT SENT IT.

They said they would then have to give me a refund. So I purchased an identical item from a different company who would send it to me with next day delivery. Then I had another email from Redappleaudio who said that they are sending it giving tracking numbers this time. Obviously, I cancelled this delivery and went with the company who had treated me well.
Still Redappleaudio MADE ME FEEL AS IF I WAS WRONG and said that they would "re-issue a refund" (not sure if legally they would have been able to take money from my account if they had issued a refund).

I then had a very short email "Apologies." Is that it?
At least I did get a refund.

Response from Craig R., Red Apple Audio Representative
Sorry to hear you had this experience.
lukeh57
10/10/17

Had a great experience with Red Apple, Great communication throughout, I purchased a pedal on pre-order and was updated with the progress of the order throughout. Once it was in stock dispatched the same day and arrived the next! Thanks!

norahh1
10/5/17

Recommend this to everyone who delves into recording music...being a ludit had initial problems but syaff available to help

neilc61
10/5/17

Wanted to buy some speaker guards as advertised on the web site. Nothing was delivered, emailed, left voice mails no response. Eventually got through and was given a load of rubbish excuses. Got my money back and moved on.

Response from Craig R., Red Apple Audio Representative
We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us.

Legit company. I have been to the premises and have recorded in its studio, The Shed.

By Tina L.
Questions? Get answers from the Red Apple Audio staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Red Apple Audio