RebuiltEngines.co.uk

RebuiltEngines.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1 stars from 3 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. RebuiltEngines.co.uk also ranks 284th among Auto Parts sites. The most common issues with RebuiltEngines.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate RebuiltEngines.co.uk?

“This company is a con !! DO NOT USE !!”

Andy R.
1/18/17

After my car being in a garage for 3 months, me paying out £3K, I had to have my car collected by another company who said no works or new parts had been fitted to my vehicle. Rebuilt Engines have not replied to any of my complaints or provided me with any response about what they are going to do about it. Susan Philpott, the Director of the company has not responded to any of my letters of complaint, rest assured Susan Philpott, I will be getting my money back and I look forward to meeting you face to face in court for you to explain how you can run a so called business like this, take money of people who genuinely placed an order with you in good faith, and you take the money and run ! I hope you are sleeping with a clean conscience after ripping me of and ruining my Christmas and New Year !!!!

andyr54
January 18th, 2017
peterh174
January 4th, 2017
exactly same problem, james promised the world with no extras at all, said the car would be took to a local garage ( doncaster ) collected within 48 hours and completed with in 10-14 days.. haha what a $#*!in joke... yes they collected car then after 2 weeks we chased it up to c if car was ready , surprise surprise no james any more hes allways out or in a meeting, we then got a call from the garage where it was saying they wanted more money due to non serviceable parts, they wanted another 2500 pounds !!! and as car was stripped they wanted 1200 pounds ontop of the 700 deposit plus 300 to ship it back as car was apparently in wolverhampton !!! about 120 miles away, why would we send it there !! to ship it back in pieces !!! we agreed a lower price to be fixed and paid some more.. it has now been over 8 weeks , no one is answering phone and we cant get our audi tt back as dont know where it is,and we are down 2k...
please people do not use this company !!!!! we are still fighting... anyone else with same trouble ?
alistairg
October 4th, 2016
They'll sweet talk you into a repair by offering a good price. I specifically asked if there were any extra's. "This is the bottom line, this is the price you will pay". But soon the costs start rising. All they'll do then is refer you to their Ts & Cs which basically say that any "unserviceable" parts will be extra to the initial written quote. I can live with the cost rising once the engine was stripped down and more details known, (Cam Belt Failure) but the blatant lying is almost typical of this industry.

So, I tried to speak again to the guy that sold me the contract (James) who all of a sudden is not available, not in the office today, No, sorry, I don't know his surname, No, he doesn't have a Manager, sorry, he's gone home for the day. Another pack of lies.

I gave the receptionist 2 hours to get him to call me or I would do a chargeback on the Credit Card deposit of £700. That certainly got me some attention, they threatened me with all sorts of legal action, CCJ's and being arrested for fraud!! They don't like the boot being on the other foot.

So I went to Companies House (online) to find that they re-registered the Company in May 2016, so there is no Company History, just one director (Susan Philpott) who is probably a front for the previous directors who made the original "Rebuilt-Engines" insolvent.

If you approach them, take everything they say with a pinch of salt.

If you read this Rebuilt-Engines, please sue me for Libel because I'm going to find every review site that I can and tell my story.

I went through a similar thing in December and am now trying to get my money back of them for doing nothing with my car for three months. They owe me £3k. I just got a recovery firm to go to the garage and collect my car and take it to an independent garage for the to inspect any works that have been done and then to repair. Im getting a legal case raised now against this company and trying to get as many people as possible involved. Have you paid them any money and not received any services from them ?

By Andy R.