Review of Quora

privacy@quora.com

182 reviews with 1 star

latashah14
5/23/19

I won't recommend it to anyone looking for advice, just ask anyone in real life for your problems. It's the worst !

gaber16
5/21/19

Site originally has great idea but as anything else ran by and for money, the trend goes it will turn to profit eventually and then you can say bye bye to good user experience. Mods are more concerned on cramming ads to pages than to filter content which is the reason for the total flop scam known as partner program. It's a scheme virtually pushed to generate page counts and views which means more spaces for ads. Don't be surprised you're not getting paid for answers, they know knowledge is priceless and by you giving it all for free you just got played. The knowledge is secondary, they just want to cram ads. If you're wondering why Quora bans only specific kind of people you got to see it from business perspective. You'll find your answer to that. Also, a lot of users seem to think popular answers are the truest truth among other truths. Say otherwise outloud and see what happens next for yourself. One only have to look at the median IQ distribution graph to see which kind of people are the most in numbers. It should go without saying popular answers should be just about average, by pure logic. There isn't too many Elon Musk (only one so far), so no need to feel like one just because you hit 5m answer views or 5k upvote on an answer.

dietrichs
5/20/19

Apart of the obvious fact that the moderators delete or collapse any question or answer that isn't left with propaganda they consistently disabling my ability to answer or post questions. Just recently they disabled my ability to answer questions because they don't think that my name is real. 1 star because of the overbearing moderators trying to censor anything they disagree with.

texa
5/17/19

As stated in an article, "Quora creates, wants, and panders to tyrannical moderators." I'll add "Marxist" to the list of attributes. If you're from the right-wing crowd, nothing you do can ever be right (funnily enough), and if you're left-leaning, nothing's wrong or a violation of their completely flexible rules, including the virtual counterpart of eye gouging and kick to the nuts.

Why is it so? I don't know why. But take this to heart.

From "Top 10 Reasons Why Quora Sucks And Deserves To Die A Quick Death", another Quora-loving article (https://thetechreader.com/top-ten/top-10-reasons-why-quora-sucks-and-deserves-to-die-a-quick-death/):

*#5 Why Quora Sucks: You can be banned for anything. Your posts can be deleted without cause or reason by any moderator who simply disagrees with you. If you aren't a liberal, you won't have an account on Quora for long. You'll be quickly banned.

They might let you waste a bunch of time first before deleting all your content you worked hard for and banning you forever just because they don't agree with your political perspective [...].

thomasa54
5/16/19

Quora is simply another Liberal leeching web site like Fakebook that attempts to empower weak minded individuals to embrace their mental shortcomings.

brandonm98
5/8/19

Pretentious people giving long-winded answers to silly questions.

Ex- "Why couldn't the Hulk beat Thanos?" and then someone writes a Novel about their opinion on the matter like they wrote the characters and created the MCU.
Why do I need this sent to me in email? I though it was more for deep conversation, but I rarely see any of that anymore.

If you have a real question, it tends to not get answered.
And a lot of questions I have seen that get more volume seem to be regurgitated questions that have been asked before.

Ex - "What was something that happened to you as a kid that made you never look at the world the same?"
Then a month later, "What was a traumatizing experience that happened to you at a young age that made you look at the world differently?"

After using it for a couple years, all I can say is the site is ultimately an echo-chamber filled with a lot of silly conversation when it's supposed to be intellectual. And it's becoming more and more difficult to find those gems of informative conversation.

Tip for consumers: Have an opinion on Thanos.

shellyd56
4/25/19

This company is EXTREMELY limiting on what you can and can not say. They will flag your post, delete your thoughtful legitimate answers and don't have your back. They don't respect experts or their recommended links. They question your integrity, call you spam, and don't respect you as an individual or your experience.

gails326
4/25/19

It started out great. I thought I had finally found a place to do my Christian work. I was getting Answer Requests like crazy. I was four weeks behind to answer them because there were so many, and I was on for hours every day. In total, I was there for just under a month.
-----
Then, my comments were being collapsed; then I was on for too long, not permitted to answer anymore and told to come back later; then my comments were being deleted - and without notification; then my comments were deleted within seconds - and without notification; then they were being deleted immediately on posting. It's as if I was being followed the second I logged in by some atheist or moslem moderator who despised the Biblical work I was doing. I had approximately 5 comments a day deleted, and I would never get a notification that it violated a Quora policy, because we both knew it didn't.
-----
I appealed every answer they deleted. It was useless. Take a look at the first picture I attached which is their standard sorry rubber-stamp reply which couldn't be more irrelevant if they tried. Then see the second picture which is what they deleted, which clearly does not apply to any of their rubber-stamp reply rhetoric.
-----

I HATE when incompetents are in charge. Quora deserves to go broke.

mrsr41
4/23/19

I have used Quora actively for the past six months and while they allow questions like "why people are stupid?" they do not want any questions or answers that is against their agenda or propaganda. It was founded by two ex-Facebook employees. They definitely took with them the Facebook view of right to censor and control information and history. The site is filled with misinformation and mere opinions. Facts are not welcome.

semj6
4/22/19

Today's world has started a new era of racism after the black slavery, called Islamophobia. This insane racism has gone to a point that innocent hard working normal Muslims are being killed worldwide for their beliefs in one God! There are evil things done by people of every religion, race and color but that does not becomes a symbol for the religion, race or color. Otherwise as per historic facts counted, white people, christians and americans would be icons for wars, murders and cruelty. Quora is run by athiest and Islamophobic fanatics. The site has rules against disrespect for any religion but allows generously any hate against Islam. It is because of such sites that terrorists like Brenton Tarrant are formed.
Quora is a site where one imbecile will start a debate on how to hate Islam and other imbeciles will join in with insane hatred or the religion and the Prophets. We can hear donald duck trump speech for that. It is a shame that this site claims to provide answers and yet their policies only encourage more hatred and violence in the world. Hope it gets shut down asap

useru14
4/22/19

This site is full of Indian and Pakistani trolls writing hate speech against every ethnicity imaginable in the region. What disturbs me the most is that there is one user who apparently has nothing to do with his life but spout his racist propaganda in each post. Can't believe Quora allows literal Nazis to hide behind the guise of anonymity.

And unfortunately, nothing is done about it because Quora's moderation system is flawed. A user does not face any consequences if they violate Quora's policies while they are anonymous, this is why many answers attacking people by race, caste, religion, ethnicity get away with it. This site is a haven for neo-nazi trolls.

Stuff like this is allowed to be linked and promoted on the site.
In fact, a large portion of the questions and answers related to Indian/Pakistani ethnicities is posted by the owner of this blog. He also has a YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8td5wa2kQeSqPAj5nxuZmg

There are no rules on Quora. As an Indian, it is crap like this that made me delete my accounts. Whether these accounts are banned or not. Such answers should not be allowed to be posted on the site in any manner.

This site needs to be shut down for good.

carolp299
4/15/19

Certain questions are banned, for example,
questions about hepatitis B vaccine adjuvants toxicity on newborn infants.

claudea8
4/14/19

Quora is `100% against the Constitution, not a light statement, but the fact that the allowed 'questions' and allowed 'answers' are skewed toward destruction of the Constitution protections for Americans.

So, who's financially backing Quora? This is why Google is deeply against the Constitution, it's their financial backers who form the objectives of all enterprises.

The two founders of quora came from inner circles of FaceBook, a deeply anti-Constitution enterprise, backed financially by deeply anti-Constitution bankers. Look up the origins in long gone history of the international banker cabal that runs U.S. government in every section.

Who did these two Quora founders turn to for their financial backing? Follow the money trail. Anti-Constitution to the last one.

So, here's the way I use the many Quora returns that Anti-Constitution Google search slaps me with for most searches . . .

1. Look for and ignore the Quora links (I always use the long form search results as these provide a glimpse into the jist of the linked content)

2. Where the search site synopsis for Quora indicates hints of info I can accept and verify elsewhere, I open the Quora page.

3. Where the search return indicates reliable content in Quora and other pages, I will compare Quora with others to determine where Quora 'answers' align with common sense, proven facts.

So, I vote down Quora as a enterprise formed by anti-Constitution-backed financiers whose determined goals are the destruction of America and Rule by common law and Creator's Right to continue guidance of America.

thomasd359
4/12/19

Ripped me off for over $200 on their partner program when they decided to cancel my account a day before I was to be paid. Other notable 'attributes' to quora is their extreme left views bordering on being Nazis. One can not post any real opinions without getting banned for not being 'nice' If you are part of the in group and are pro gay, an extreme atheist, feminist, feel free to say whatever you like against the right. Otherwise, just don't go for this 'make money online' scam. Just a horrendous scam that is somehow still up and ripping people off

onemadg
3/31/19

After answering and commenting on enough political questions to be noticed, commenters started calling me names more and more. Stupid and ignorant are the left's favorites.
Then they started saying I misunderstood the question or was using wrong word definitions. I started copying and pasting word definitions into my answers and citing the dictionary. They said I was using the wrong word. I gave examples of Socialism, which triggered one woman who reported my answer as being threatening. The example involved a fruit tree and the equal distribution of the fruit. As the person who did all the work, the grower only got as much fruit as everyone else and her profits were taken. No violence. She reported me after she promised me and my kind would be trampled to death by some crap I forget.
It's gotten quite frightening for me to check my notifications. I am going to delete my account and never use Quora again. They've leaned so far left its like the View.

isaack39
Isaac K.
3/5/19

I'm just gonna add to the mountain of bad reviews already in place. This site is rated so poorly for a damn good reason and if you wanna know why check other reviews they'll tell you what you need to know. The website needs you to login to read answers that's already a big turnoff and to top it off they require you to use your real name which is just straight up privacy breach. Most contents are average, borderline useful but nowhere near as great as the users there made it out to be. When I was reading some of the things written there can't help but to feel these are the type of people that never really get their asses handed to them in real life. The condescension and arrogance can absolutely get under your skin and sometimes it can make you wanna give a good hard smash to the face of some people there if you ever meet them.

The peculiar thing about the site, is the amount of views some answers get. I have to note again it's a closed-off website which requires login to even read answers made me wonder whether any of the views were real people reading or just hired bots. It is ridiculous, there is no way someone can go over 300k views with a single answer while average users there are getting below 100k. Then what's worse, there is virtually no demographic tools content creators there could use to check on who's reading what and where they're coming from. So you're left there wondering who on earth read your answer and where are they coming from, what their gender is or how old they are. How is that even a good thing for a website that demand you to breach your own privacy by the real name policy yet they can't even give you anything back as a contributor? It's so suspicious. Now they got their own privacy breach last December it was a delightful sight but they didn't seem to learn anything from it and went full damage control instead of addressing real issues with their site.

Now you might wonder now being such a place, is there any positive qualities left? There is. There are definitely some reliable experts and writers who would reveal to you great insight about many things under the sun, but most of them can't keep up with the more banal and childish content more relevant to the site users. Let's just put it this way if you are a truly accomplished person who has a lot going for you in your respective fields, being a pretentious ass on the internet telling everyone else how special you are should be the last thing that come to mind. Fact is most of us barely making it in life and to be so deluded by internet fame on an elitist website famous for being echo chamber won't do you any good. It actually sends the opposite message. Remember the saying birds of a feather flock together? Losers too have a tendency to do that to feel better about themselves.

leoa38
3/3/19

Don't dare challenge the admins. They block anything they don't agree with. Boom. You're gone. Banned. Pathetic.

samp175
2/26/19

I got banned from quora for nothing. They made false allegations just to get me removed. I have not done anything wrong. It seems they just didn't like my answers even though it was the truth.

brandons53
2/25/19

Don't use Quora. Quora moderators harass you and change your questions and make them not what you want to ask.

amnas5
1/20/19

The policies of the site say that "Users are not allowed to post content or adopt a tone that would be interpreted by a reasonable observer as a form of hate speech, particularly toward a race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political group, sexual orientation or another similar characteristic," and "Answers and comments that challenge the fundamental beliefs of an OP or answerer will be held to a very high standard." Yet, they continue to allow ISLAMOPHOBIC HATE SPEECH and their site, which is basically lies created to instill fear in others about Islam and Muslims, and how Islam is the most dangerous religion. Four times, moderation deleted my comments in response to the hate-mongerer, calling him out for hate speech and that he is violating Quora policies. It shows what kind of people are sitting behind the moderation computer, that is, of course the same as the inciter of hate. They will not consider this hate, but immediately delete my comments. I am surprised the review below is saying it's liberal, because these conservative, anti-women, racist, anti-religion and hateful people are always having a feast on the internet and places like Quora! They have quite the way to hog all space, and censor all other speech, and perhaps, start monitoring you due to their Islamophobic hatred.

iroquoisp
1/5/19

This site is full of people posting offensive and racist joke questions and answers. It's a place where people come to spout their political agendas and there also seems to be a big obsession with eugenics among the users on this site who all seem to be anti-social narcissistic psychopaths. This site needs to be shut down for good and Google needs to stop putting their answers in my search feed.

samf106
12/31/18

In five months I posted 700 hundred questions on varying topics. For each question I would be reimbursed if there were sufficient views. As time went on I noted many questions had thousands of views and hundreds of impressions. Yet Quora claimed I made no revenue for that question. Money made in 5 months, zilch. Quora refers you to example questions which made sufficient revenue over a one year period. Problem the Partner Program started 6 months after these questions were posted, yet the revenue reflected on each post is for an entire year. In other words they lied. The Partner Program is a scam intending to provide incentive to ask questions. As an idiot I believed them. Do not believe whatever they state about money it is all a crock of $#*!.

deborahc281
12/30/18

Totally dominated by the Israeli lobby and apologists with absurd responses to set-up questions and a complete whitewashing of Israeli brutality and demonizing of anything Palestinian - a propaganda machine.

lisah695
12/29/18

I was banned for asking support a question. I wanted to know if it was possible to change my name, because I've picked up a stalker. I'm a "Top Writer" and I didn't know if changing my name would affect that, or if it was even possible. Instead of answering my question they sent a cut and paste threat telling me that because I wasn't using my real name I would need to verify my identity before proceeding. Then they locked me out of my account. Note: I didn't change my name. Note: I'm actually using my real name. Note: all I did was ask a question. None of that matters, and now they won't respond at all.

I used to think Quora was amazing. But the real test of any organization is how they deal with a problem. Avoid this place like the plague.

chrish856
12/20/18

Having to sign in to get informed responses always seems anti-freedom. I want a library filled with books and latest news - online - for free. Quora is against that openness.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, the questions about penis size and virginity seems to sponsor endless discussion!

By Michael G.

Because Quora is run by an amateur who may aspire to be Zuckeberg, yet is nowhere near as savvy.

By Sarah H.

I honestly feel and highly suspect from certain traits that Quora pays Google to be high on the rank and they get *buddy buddy* with the government. Quora is essentially too big to fail. We no longer have capitalism but now live under governmentism which Trump pledges to end but can he? Does he really mean what he says? That is the million $ question.

By Kyle H.

Agreed. Strange but true. The only place that requires full name when you already have an account where the username to use. Why? Just more of the old information collecting processes. Blatant disregard.

By Leo A.

No financial gain for Quora users as referenced to the Partners Program. Quora will drop you quickly if you challenge them on any moderation they made to your questions or answers. Too many rules too few incentives to write.

By Sam F.

No, it is obviously leftist but it does on occasion allow questions or replies for short periods of time that are obviously uncomfortable to the "politicaly correct" crowd in a useless attempt to appear unbiased.

By David N.

Resilience is when you can read Quora answers for about half an hour without puking. Joke's on you mate.

By Isaac K.

Because Google put Quora answers at the top of their search results when people search for a question they see the answer from Quora. Which is stupid because most answers on Quora aren't even correct lol. Idk why Google wants to promote that site, if they own it or they want to buy it and incorporate it into Google at some point. I think the site is awful and it should be shut down because it's just a propaganda site. You do not see Quora from any other search engine for example duckduckgo. But you see it in Google.

By Aare t.

as well as to discuss their sexual proclivities in anonymity.

By Michael G.

Questions? Get answers from the Quora staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Quora