Review of Quora

166 reviews with 1 star

isaack39
Isaac K.
3/5/19

I'm just gonna add to the mountain of bad reviews already in place. This site is rated so poorly for a damn good reason and if you wanna know why check other reviews they'll tell you what you need to know. The website needs you to login to read answers that's already a big turnoff and to top it off they require you to use your real name which is just straight up privacy breach. Most contents are average, borderline useful but nowhere near as great as the users there made it out to be. When I was reading some of the things written there can't help but to feel these are the type of people that never really get their asses handed to them in real life. The condescension and arrogance can absolutely get under your skin and sometimes it can make you wanna give a good hard smash to the face of some people there if you ever meet them.

The peculiar thing about the site, is the amount of views some answers get. I have to note again it's a closed-off website which requires login to even read answers made me wonder whether any of the views were real people reading or just hired bots. It is ridiculous, there is no way someone can go over 300k views with a single answer while average users there are getting below 100k. Then what's worse, there is virtually no demographic tools content creators there could use to check on who's reading what and where they're coming from. So you're left there wondering who on earth read your answer and where are they coming from, what their gender is or how old they are. How is that even a good thing for a website that demand you to breach your own privacy by the real name policy yet they can't even give you anything back as a contributor? It's so suspicious. Now they got their own privacy breach last December it was a delightful sight but they didn't seem to learn anything from it and went full damage control instead of addressing real issues with their site.

Now you might wonder now being such a place, is there any positive qualities left? There is. There are definitely some reliable experts and writers who would reveal to you great insight about many things under the sun, but most of them can't keep up with the more banal and childish content more relevant to the site users. Let's just put it this way if you are a truly accomplished person who has a lot going for you in your respective fields, being a pretentious ass on the internet telling everyone else how special you are should be the last thing that come to mind. Fact is most of us barely making it in life and to be so deluded by internet fame on an elitist website famous for being echo chamber won't do you any good. It actually sends the opposite message. Remember the saying birds of a feather flock together? Losers too have a tendency to do that to feel better about themselves.

leoa38
3/3/19

Don't dare challenge the admins. They block anything they don't agree with. Boom. You're gone. Banned. Pathetic.

samp175
2/26/19

I got banned from quora for nothing. They made false allegations just to get me removed. I have not done anything wrong. It seems they just didn't like my answers even though it was the truth.

brandons53
2/25/19

Don't use Quora. Quora moderators harass you and change your questions and make them not what you want to ask.

amnas5
1/20/19

The policies of the site say that "Users are not allowed to post content or adopt a tone that would be interpreted by a reasonable observer as a form of hate speech, particularly toward a race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political group, sexual orientation or another similar characteristic," and "Answers and comments that challenge the fundamental beliefs of an OP or answerer will be held to a very high standard." Yet, they continue to allow ISLAMOPHOBIC HATE SPEECH and their site, which is basically lies created to instill fear in others about Islam and Muslims, and how Islam is the most dangerous religion. Four times, moderation deleted my comments in response to the hate-mongerer, calling him out for hate speech and that he is violating Quora policies. It shows what kind of people are sitting behind the moderation computer, that is, of course the same as the inciter of hate. They will not consider this hate, but immediately delete my comments. I am surprised the review below is saying it's liberal, because these conservative, anti-women, racist, anti-religion and hateful people are always having a feast on the internet and places like Quora! They have quite the way to hog all space, and censor all other speech, and perhaps, start monitoring you due to their Islamophobic hatred.

iroquoisp
1/5/19

This site is full of people posting offensive and racist joke questions and answers. It's a place where people come to spout their political agendas and there also seems to be a big obsession with eugenics among the users on this site who all seem to be anti-social narcissistic psychopaths. This site needs to be shut down for good and Google needs to stop putting their answers in my search feed.

samf106
12/31/18

In five months I posted 700 hundred questions on varying topics. For each question I would be reimbursed if there were sufficient views. As time went on I noted many questions had thousands of views and hundreds of impressions. Yet Quora claimed I made no revenue for that question. Money made in 5 months, zilch. Quora refers you to example questions which made sufficient revenue over a one year period. Problem the Partner Program started 6 months after these questions were posted, yet the revenue reflected on each post is for an entire year. In other words they lied. The Partner Program is a scam intending to provide incentive to ask questions. As an idiot I believed them. Do not believe whatever they state about money it is all a crock of $#*!.

deborahc281
12/30/18

Totally dominated by the Israeli lobby and apologists with absurd responses to set-up questions and a complete whitewashing of Israeli brutality and demonizing of anything Palestinian - a propaganda machine.

lisah695
12/29/18

I was banned for asking support a question. I wanted to know if it was possible to change my name, because I've picked up a stalker. I'm a "Top Writer" and I didn't know if changing my name would affect that, or if it was even possible. Instead of answering my question they sent a cut and paste threat telling me that because I wasn't using my real name I would need to verify my identity before proceeding. Then they locked me out of my account. Note: I didn't change my name. Note: I'm actually using my real name. Note: all I did was ask a question. None of that matters, and now they won't respond at all.

I used to think Quora was amazing. But the real test of any organization is how they deal with a problem. Avoid this place like the plague.

chrish856
12/20/18

Having to sign in to get informed responses always seems anti-freedom. I want a library filled with books and latest news - online - for free. Quora is against that openness.

jans277
12/12/18

Don't waste you're time. A ton of weird Donald Trump junk questions. They pull off any discussion from the right - just a junk site

davidn378
12/11/18

No Neutrality, seems to prefer to censor answer to questions that are not center-left and prefers to give voice to leftist, pro radical extremists.

roccom35
12/9/18

In a nutshell: A very radical hard leftist bent on this site. No actual neutrality.
Only ever went there to laugh at their seriously insane Marxtard bull$#*!.

emilj8
11/28/18

I can't even log off and I decided to never go on it and it's also full of too much smartasses to be honest

fkuf
11/24/18

Too many answers are so pro Zionist uber Israel and against Palestine and Muslim culture as to make it uninformative and worthless. Seems to be a dearth of real academics in yr employee roster. Logging off. Permanently. #BDS

susans879
11/20/18

IF they were NOT libtards they would NOT post such hateful slanted questions and then promote them by emailing them out to everyone who shows interest in the political category. Oh but look, Quora company is based in Mountan View, Ca., no wonder, that is the same town as GOOGLE Corp offices....do you see the dots connecting here. Just like GAIA, owned and operated by the evils of the people....

xisav
11/9/18

The more I browse through the site the dumber I got. It's one of that new cancer on google search result. For some reason google keeps on pushing this site on search result. Go figure. Lots of idiots with highly opinionated pov who thinks they're geniuses just because other idiots on the site pump upvote into their answers. Very biased moderators, they pick and choose who to ban. Last straw for me was when I read an answer from a popular user (read: good for nothin chap irl) actually justify the site as another social media site with 'most users' (on quote) on the site prefer to spend their time reading other people's phony life stories instead of good information. Well that's when you know a site that claimed to be a source of good information is going downhill.

robv40
11/6/18

Poor & inappropriate suggestions & answers. Too many adverts. Unqualified writers poor in English & grammar. Looks like a knowledgeable site but is only a Facebook style social media site that makes unsuspecting readers think it is providing qualified information - & it does not!! Also near impossible to unsubscribe.

isaacl31
11/4/18

Quora and it's forced login screen can suck my $#*!ing $#*!, I hope you and your children all die of bubonic plague and your dog survives by eating your shriveled up plague $#*! you $#*!ing soulless pieces of useless monkey $#*!, kill yourself, you deserve it you $#*!ing cocksucker.

teressas4
11/3/18

WHATEVER YOU DO, READ THIS UNTIL THE END. Don't go on this site. You'll get addicted for a while, but somehow, you'll wake up. One day. I got banned in an attempt to jokingly change my name to Shrigis. When I tried to take the flag off of my account, the people we rude, and asked to see my personal ID. When I didn't send it, saying that was not necessary, they messaged me saying that I'd defied their rules many times. One time I got into a fight with a guy who was calling gays "freaks." I got reported for BNBR. That was the only time. Anyway, I had another account with a different email set up to it. And I had a different name and everything. But one day, that account got banned, too, saying "multiple accounts are not allowed on Quora." Let me explain. They didn't know they were the same person from seeing the accounts, obviously, and the email addresses are nothing alike. One is a name and one is a number with a word, and they're also for different emails (one is outlook one is gmail). But they knew anyway. Wanna know how? They hacked. Both accounts. There's no other way. Unless YOU know another way? But since the accounts shared no personal information, and my outlook and gmail accounts are not connected, they hacked. They saw my freaking emails, and saw that I got similar people and sites messaging me, so they knew I was the same person. SO, ALL IN ALL, IF YOU SAY SOMETHING TO MILDLY PISS OFF QUORA, THEY WILL HACK YOUR EMAIL. STAY AWAY.

debbier194
10/27/18

The not being nice policy only goes one direction and it is only what agrees with the moderators. I will never be on this site again. Hypocrisy at its finest :(

ganad
10/18/18

You have to answer on 100 questions before they let you in! Also, you have to log in and give them your personal information. It is just not worth it...

beae2
10/17/18

After years of quality input on quora (I call it quality because I've had tens of thousands of views and thousands of 'likes') I received an email saying my account was blocked because I used a shortened version of my name that just happens to be a proper name in itself, which is considered against their policy. For instance, if your name is Peter, you can't give Pete as your name. I explained that I've spent 8 years being followed around the internet and in real life by a stalker who has all but taken my life away. I received an email today from them that they're 'unable to' help. Either they aren't interested or their web team have no control over the site - I know which one I'm guessing at. They also told me they refuse to unblock my account unless I update my profile with my full name. I can only assume their name policy is more important than ensuring the safety of their members. Surely quality content is more important than what people call themselves? I'm wondering, if I was born male and changed my sex, would they still insist on calling me male? In the UK that would be classed as a 'hate crime' and can mean you're looking at a prison sentence.

It's also well worth remembering that if you don't always hold popular views and refuse to attack the people they disagree with, you might as well not waste your time on quora, personal attacks and vexatious reporting are very much a thing - but that's acceptable, just so long as you use your real name.

pandur2
10/10/18

Please, Dont visit this website, even by mistake.
This website is full of trash content and biased criticism.
Bigotry is very high in this site. And quora is silent about it.
The moderators censor user content like answers silently, like criticizing the Government Constructively.
Most of the answers were factually incorrect and dumb.
Youtube comments are more intelligent than quora answers.
This website promotes celebrity worship.
Self promotion is very high in this site.
Many of the users like Indians post their daily life events as an important things, which gets 1k upvotes.
While I am an indian, 90% of the content written by Indian teens and Indian youth users, of this site is rubbish.
Mass upvoted and promoted opinion based answers has more value over individual intelligent and facts based answers.

hbkn
10/8/18

Used quora for 2-3 months in 2018 to discover following.
1. Quora is not neutral.
2. Quora has purpose of social engineering
3. Quora wants to be one stop destination to frequently asked questions and maneuver future generations towards ignorance or nensensical propaganda.
4. Any contribution to this that is against their social engineering agenda will be removed.
5. Don't waste time on quora

Yes, the questions about penis size and virginity seems to sponsor endless discussion!

By Michael G.

Because Quora is run by an amateur who may aspire to be Zuckeberg, yet is nowhere near as savvy.

By Sarah H.

I honestly feel and highly suspect from certain traits that Quora pays Google to be high on the rank and they get *buddy buddy* with the government. Quora is essentially too big to fail. We no longer have capitalism but now live under governmentism which Trump pledges to end but can he? Does he really mean what he says? That is the million $ question.

By Kyle H.

Agreed. Strange but true. The only place that requires full name when you already have an account where the username to use. Why? Just more of the old information collecting processes. Blatant disregard.

By Leo A.

No financial gain for Quora users as referenced to the Partners Program. Quora will drop you quickly if you challenge them on any moderation they made to your questions or answers. Too many rules too few incentives to write.

By Sam F.

Resilience is when you can read Quora answers for about half an hour without puking. Joke's on you mate.

By Isaac K.

Because Google put Quora answers at the top of their search results when people search for a question they see the answer from Quora. Which is stupid because most answers on Quora aren't even correct lol. Idk why Google wants to promote that site, if they own it or they want to buy it and incorporate it into Google at some point. I think the site is awful and it should be shut down because it's just a propaganda site. You do not see Quora from any other search engine for example duckduckgo. But you see it in Google.

By Aare t.

as well as to discuss their sexual proclivities in anonymity.

By Michael G.

Questions? Get answers from the Quora staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Quora