Review of QuickStopCamera

Tel: 855-244-4490
sales@QuickStopCamera.com

jacquiek
5/26/16

Ordered a camera 6 weeks ago for a birthday this weekend. I've been calling on and off for 2 weeks, being told they were checking, should he delivered tomorrow, etc. Still don't have the camera. Customer service was terrible. I cancelled the order today. It took seconds to charge my credit card but was told 7-10 days for a refund. You could not pay me to do business with them ever!

chriss385
4/18/16

Isn't it illegal to make the customer pay extra for what, according to the camera manual, is included along with a strap & lens cap?
They charged me extra $150.00 for batt. charger & memory card. Didn't find out about it until I checked myCC chatges, and they also don't itemize, so you don't know what each item cost.
Emailing with questions produces no results.
Interesting that they show a florida address, yet the package has a return address in NYC.
I wouldn't do business with these Paki $#*!s ever again, and neither should you.

caitlinp4
4/7/16

Bought a camera for our vacation. Website stated that it would arrive before we left. Had to call them to confirm our order (who ever heard of having to do that?) only to be put on hold for 20 min and then be told it's backordered. They don't even know where it would ship from?! Then we were hung up on.

kenneths72
4/5/16

just ordered a Pentax 645 lens online, received confirmation email but then nothing.......no email or contact about shipping. I checked my credit card transactions several times and no charge had been made to my credit card, so I telephoned the "company" this morning. The lens is on backorder and won't be available for 2 months. LOL

They never intended to make good in the first place, obviously. I will contact my credit card company to ensure that no charges are snuck in by quickstop for "restocking" or "cancellation" fees.

patb77
3/30/16

Wish I had seen these reviews before I ordered. My experience was the same as everyone else's. When I called to confirm was told this was the Turkish model not US and of course when I said that was not on website I was told that if I had it was. Went back and read, NO IT WAS NOT! They cancelled my order and said I would not be charged but now I wonder if this is just a scam to get your credit card number????

toms214
3/28/16

They advertised a great deal on a Nikon D750 camera. I was suspecious because the price was so good so I really checked the product specifications against the manufactures website. After I placed the order I received an email to call them to confirm my order. When I called I was told the product I ordered was the international version and not the US version. If I wanted the US version it was going to cost significantly more. I told the customer service person this was not advertised on their site and he started to become rude and I told him to cancel my order and he did. I'm glad I did not get scammed into buying the camera. Beware of purchasing on this site.

alvins26
3/28/16

I ordered a Canon 70D US model camera with US warranty; I specifically discussed with sales rep that I did not want gray market goods. He represented that if I paid an additional $200 more than the advertised price, I would be buying US goods with a US warranty directly from Canon. I agreed to the higher price only to receive Chinese goods with no US warranty. I immediately called and they agreed to take back the order but wanted to charge me a 15% restocking fee. When I told them what they did was fraud, and that I had submitted a dispute claim to American Express, they said they always win against American Express and hung up. Waiting for American Express to deal with these crooks. STAY AWAY--TOTALLY UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES.

donelln
2/17/16

I ordered the Red Nikon CoolPix but got the black one. I was told a battery was not included but could get 2 Nikon 5 hour Lithium batteries for $79 but got only one. The camera actually did come with the factory battery so the person that called actually lied to me to upsell me to spend more money. The camera color was not as ordered as I ordered the red Nikon but got the black one. There was no phone call to let me know. Beware of these guys as I was on hold to their customer service forever and they never picked up.

suek27
2/9/16

I placed an order and then two days later they email me and say I must call to confirm my order. If figured it was going to be some sort of "up sell" technique. I waited on hold several times. My order number means nothing to them. They need my billing zip code. OK. Then they need the 3 digits on the back of the card. OK. Then he gives a big spiel about the camera I ordered and how much I will love it. OK. Then he tells me I forgot to order a battery for it. He explained that cameras NEVER come with batteries. When I told him to cancel my order, his bubbly salesmanship started to wane. He told me he would ship the camera without a battery. I told him to just cancel the order because the price wasn't good at all if it didn't come with a battery. Then he got really rude and said I would be charged a 10% cancelation fee. He went on to berate me so I hung up. Worst place I've ever attempted to do business with on line or in person! Beware!!

glennp18
1/25/16

I originally called to order a Nikon 810 ,worth about $3,000.00 .Their price was too good to be true , and it wasn't true . Bate and switch , sold me a d 750 Nikon , fine camera ,
for $2739.00 . Came in wrong box , lens came 3 days later in plain white box , refurbished ?? Never got a manual , or cd . I could have done way better on e-bay .
I'll never do business with this company again !! Read the reviews , and do your home work . Glenn P

Tip for consumers: Go to E-bay , don't do what I did . These people are shady!!

danc87
1/11/16

When purchasing any item online, and particularly a camera, when ordering by phone I always write down each item being discussed: the camera, extra battery, memory cards, etc., along with the itemized price. QuickStopCamera advertised an attractive price of $599, but it didn't take long to realize everything else included in the standard box was added beyond that. That's not the issue. When everything was added up I confirmed the total, wrote it down and circled it. Imagine my surprise when the enclosed invoice showed nearly $50 more. The fast talker who responded to my inquiry left no room for discussion about the difference and I realized I'd been had. Nice camera, but I would certainly caution against QuickStopCamera.

fr7125
1/9/16

My problem is much the same as the other reviewers. Quickstop's quoted one price and then overbilled by about about $50 . No help from their customer service guy. Rude, hangs up on you.
I agreed to pay $183.they billed $239. I returned the package. They take a 15% "restocking" fee plus the original shipping charge. Shipping was supposed to be free. Result- my refund will be only $184.72. If I ever get it !.

sherrym29
1/5/16

The going price at Amazon for the camera I was looking at (Nikon s9900) was around $260-270. So naturally when we googled and found Quick Stop Camera selling the same camera for $219 with free shipping, we jumped on it. It seemed too good to be true! (and it was...)

The ad touts the features of the camera but does not list "what's in the box". It turns out that what's in the box is nothing but the camera. I got a call from a guy the next day saying "do you want a battery and charger with that?". I was thinking he was selling me an EXTRA battery and an external charger. Because every camera comes with a battery, right?

I ended up being charged $51 extra ($20 battery, $20 charger and the rest was 'insurance').

When the camera came, there was only ONE battery and a charger. When we called to inquire, it turned out that their $219 price DID NOT INCLUDE a single battery for this camera.

Also, the store claims to be in western Florida, but the box came from "Camera Store" in Brooklyn NY, and the guys sound like they are from NY.

If they are this dishonest in their sales process... did I really get a new camera? It's in a white box, not a standard customer box. Probably a refurb for what ended up being a new price.

This is very deceptive advertising. Vote with your feet and stay away from these guys.

richardb192
12/28/15

Ordered new Nikon camera for advertised price and credit card was hit with $50 of extra charges.
Seller said that camera did not come with a battery and they charged for what they called a longer life battery. This was all a lie. I checked with Nikon and they stated that the camera that I purchased comes with battery, charger, strap, and USB cable. Received camera in original Nikon package which included all those items. There was no long life battery provided. Also, they don't provide an invoice until you receive shipment and invoice does not list breakdown of charges. They call it a bundle and rip off your credit card for additional funds. Avoid these NY shysters.

robertm268
12/18/15

Just received my order. I had called in to customer service pior to receiving my order, because I saw the charge on my account that was a lot hire then I then it should have been. At that time I talk to the rep and went through the charges I said that I did order the batteries but not a charger. The rep told me to wait until I received my order and that I could return the unwanted item. Today I called back in to customer service to find out what to do and how to return the unwanted item. a item I didn't order. The Rep stated that I ordered the item and he was the one that took the order, and I said I had not that I already have this item. I said you can reveiw the tape of our conversation. I said I wanted to return the charger to which the rep said I would have to return everything because this was a package deal. I simply ordered the camera . and they called me about batteries to which I agreed to purchase at a price.The Rep said he would have his manager review the tape and call me back today. I surely don't believe that this will happen. The rep was extremely rude and said I'm hanging up and hung up. We know that they charge a restocking fee of at least 15% so they are making money by forcing you to return everything. My advice never but never order anything from this rip off company.

nalanih
12/7/15

I ordered a Nikon D7200 body only, then decided to upgrade to one of the larger packages. When I called to confirm that the change was made, "Peter", the "Head Customer Service Manager" said that the camera I ordered would not be useful to me in the USA. NOWHERE on the website does it say ANYTHING like that. I asked to speak to his boss, he said he had no boss. Then he cancelled my orders. I asked if he cared at all, he said, "nope, sorry, you are too thick headed, I tried to explain over and over", you can't get this camera, it's out of stock!

Tip for consumers: buyer be careful

shelll1
12/2/15

I wish I had read the reviews first. I ordered a camera from here online (it was less than other sites, good price). Received an email to call Jerry and confirm. My husband called and Jerry was confirming address because it was different than what was on the card (now I don't know if that was just a ploy). He told my husband it needed a certain kind of battery that it didn't come with. Not knowing any better, my husband told him to add to the order. He told me and I ask him to call back because it didn't need it. He called back and Jerry was very rude and so my husband just told him to cancel he whole order. So, quickstopcamera.com, you lost a $200 order because of your rude salesman,Jerry, trying to up the sale and being very rude.

maddys2
12/2/15

I have placed an order online for thanks giving thursday, everything went well with the online order, got a confirmation even email confirmation. but on next tuesday email came from there sales saying contact them, When I did, They said we cancelled your order as they are out of camera's. How does that make sense, after giving confirmation of order, i din't go for other awesome deals because I already ordered from here. Even I called in the following sat when i ordered just to check status of my order, no one answered.

celiaw4
11/30/15

This company is also known as More4Less Digital. I shopped at quickstopcamera.com but the charge (overcharge!) to my credit card was under more4lessdigital. The reviews for that company on SiteJabber will tell you everything you need to know! A week after I placed my order I still haven't received a confirmation email or shipment information. I don't expect to receive my merchandise after speaking to them! I told them that if they didn't issue a full refund because they had overcharged, which was fraud, then I would report them. They said I could do what I want and to have a nice day, then hung up. I have reported this company to the Federal Trade Commission.

We did get the camera we ordered, but it was nowhere near the deal it seemed unless you just want a camera with no normal retail stuff. I would buy somewhere else. With their deceptive practices, who knows what the warranty situation is.

By Sherry M.

No I wasn't charged extra for battery or charger . Camera came in wrong box , and lens was shipped 3 days later in a plain white box , no warranty info , or instruction manuals , no cd . Those always come with new boxed set up . I could care less about a battery ! And that's not what I said . Go ahead , and order from them , Gabe , I know what I'm doing , and my order wasn't new , no way . May have been store samples ect . But dealers don't change boxes , and leave out instruction manuals . Glenn P

By Glenn P.

This place is part of a network of knock-off/overseas unlicense products retailers, selling this items... once they find the item you ordered thru one of their associates and agree on a shared revenue within themself then they will bill you and the item will be shipped by whom actually has the item... these items are 3rd wold countries items and not license to be sold in the USA... sometimes been shipped from overseas as the deals are made... the best examples I can give is with Nikon lenses which its serial number must start with the letters "US" ( like US12345678)... calling nikon usa will confirm this... if your lense serial number is missing the letters then it's either a cheap knock-off (usually made in china) or a product made for a non american make (what they try to call European model) or unlicensed... nikon does make some of their lense in China but they WILL have a US serial number... yes im also stupefied as to how this places continue to operate...

By Gustavo V.

Helpful answer -1

I came across onestopccamera.com and also all these reviews but the prices look amazing but Im just wondering if this place is a scam or if somehow people are upset about that $50 for a battery and charger. Anyhow, has you received your order?

By Gabe S.
Questions? Get answers from the QuickStopCamera staff and other customers.

1 Photo for QuickStopCamera