Review of PurseForum

Tel: +1 800-778-7879
tpf@purseblog.com

sophiew34
10/27/18

If people get scammed on eBay, apparently it is the buyer's fault, apparently as a buyer you have to make sure that the item somebody sells you is as described, I was totally puzzled by this until I googled and found out that a lot of the so called experts on this forum are sellers on eBay who try to protect their turf and sales. So asking a question on TPF is like asking a shop if they recommend their own goods.

I looked a bit further, apparently they also hunt sellers they see as competition and get others to report the items as fake in great numbers, and they are affiliated with several luxury resale sites, so no wonder that those sites get glowing reviews.

I treat the site with great caution

sarahp225
3/5/18

If you make any small error in your post on there, or post your question in 2 different threads (since you got no response in the first thread) the authentcators will take time to be a rude power tripping troll. They will tell you that if you mess up your post again, you will be ghosted. But they don't take the time to authenticate any purses requested by people. It's a joke of a site. Don't waste your time signing up and posting on there, it will fall on rude deaf ears.

dwilliew
1/26/18

My mom was almost scammed through PurseForum after I posted pictures of a Hermes bag that the usual gaggle of "paid influencers" including Mistikat, all chimed in and confirmed that the bag was authentic. We sought a 2nd opinion that said otherwise and later the seller was banned from eBay because others reported the counterfeit bag.

fast forward to my feedback to PurseForum..Mistikat the fraudulent and clueless authenticator deleted all my posts and reference to their mistake misauthenticating the bag. Buyers and Forum members beware that when you ask for opinion on that board, Mistikat only allows comments that pretty much promotes Hermes. The tyrant only wants comments praising and idolizing a brand even clearly when the bag in question is fake or a buyer has been deceived or ripped off.

ma60137
1/18/18

I wish my friends and I had read the many, many negative reviews (on various sites) of the PurseForum / PurseBlog and its deplorable customer service!!

jacie10
12/3/17

Not accurate. TOTAL waste of money. If you are looking for piece of mind, or an accurate authenticator, this is NOT it.

dawnl82
11/3/17

They took my money and never authenticated. They just gave me the run around. Now I see all of these posts about them just being a scam and it adds up. They are scammers.

dianaq1
10/5/17

I posted three times in urgent need of getting my purse authenticated. The authenticator posted back that i was an impatient person with a frowning emoji. Did not even respond to any of my authentication request instead posted that i can get it from somewhere else.

suep79
9/12/17

There so called expert in authentication has failed to detect two fakes, I will not visit them anymore.

loverb1
8/1/17

There's that saying that goes "I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty and besides the pig likes it." So true on this forum. Bunch of mean girls hiding behind computer screens acting like 13 year old bullies dying to give someone a wedgie. Seriously. They have no life. And their "authenticators" are complete jokes. Please, go pay a professional. I'd be careful with Authenticate4U, they are affiliated with PurseForum (I heard that some of their so-called professionals authenticate on the forum) and they are a scam as well. They lied and told me a purse was real, when many others said fake. I found out from the actual store that it was indeed fake. They will also tell you a bag is fake when it is real. BE CAREFUL. They suck as a company and take weeks to respond to you even though paid them promptly. Very unprofessional as well. PurseForum, Authenticate4U, you'd be better off to stay away from the both of them for your insanity!

thet38
7/15/17

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. It is extremely hilarious how you get to become an "authenticator" on this platform. Also quite ironic actually, as the people authenticating the bags are phoney themselves. It is not a conspiracy theory, the facts are there, you just need to put it all together.

They have no credentials at all. These people who claim to be experts on determining authentication are just fraudsters hiding behind a screen; anyone anywhere in the world can pretend to be whomever they wish on the internet. Were the "authenticators" there from day one learning the craftsmanship? How is it possible to know EVERY SINGLE DETAIL for every item that has been produced by a fashion house? Millions of bags expanding over century.
These admins and moderators are experts in deception and criminal activity.

They praise certain sellers and third party authenticators but deter you away from someone who isn't part of their posse.

They'll make up excuses about their negative reviews saying it's from disgruntled eBay sellers that they have defrauded. I can understand but they'll make up EXCUSES for everything, or block, ban and delete posts. Why do they need to do that? To bury everything and make them look good.

They always make you feel guilty stating that their "VOLUNTEERS GIVE UP THEIR PRECIOUS TIME TO AUTHENTICATE FOR YOU, HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THEM". If they're so passionate about it then they shouldn't feel like that and be happy to help no matter what, especially those who require it the most.

They are mean to those who do not agree with them and shut you down so no further discussions can be made or else the truth would come out. Everything in life needs to questioned and that is how one flourishes.

MISGUIDED information. If someone from their clan doesn't want to chime in for an authentication then one of the sheep will, but with false facts. Someone asked about a purchase they made and wanted it authenticated because they weren't sure and a moderator quickly stated the rules about providing the sellers information and asked them to do so. But the poster refused and wanted to know before releasing the details so the "authenticators" wouldn't have a bias judgment. I wondered why they did so and searched on ebay for the item and what do you know? A proud member of TPF recently sold the exact item. The moderator ignored it so that's when a follower stepped in and deemed it as fake for various reasons. The poster then stated they purchased it straight from the boutique and didn't get anymore replies.

Before you take anyone seriously on the ScamBlog, you need to ask yourself WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? WHAT ARE THEIR REAL CREDENTIALS? WHY ARE THE SO MEAN AND DEFENSIVE? WHY DO THEY BLOCK AND DELETE PEOPLE & POSTS?

If you want to be scammed or bullied them that's the right place to go.

It's always best to buy from the boutiques as you know you are definitely getting the real deal.

I am not a disgruntled seller but rather just a person who wants people to open their minds to question TPF. The more you inquire the more you learn.

tracyc112
6/25/17

Scolded me because i asked them to authenticate a vintage Louis Vuitton wallet. I had participated in posts but apparently not enough. The authenticator took the time to write a personal scolding to me like i was a 5 year old.

toshit1
6/13/17

Authenticate First misauthenticated a Prada backpack. The backpack is authentic, NOT FAKE. lack of expertise and professional knoweldge. will not recommend their service.

brennap
5/30/17
• Updated review

Purse turned out to NOT be fake. What are they even doing? And their third party source turned out to be another blogger from purseforum!

“Badgered”
5/11/17
• Previous review

I had a purse that turned out to be fake. It took them 24 hours and them getting nasty before they would provide 3rd party information. They can't back up their statements or behave like professionals.

wendyb74
2/20/17

Sent in requested photos for two Louis, one has a receipt from the store in Paris,anyhow I sent photos,for separate orders.Sent me an email saying the photos were confused??? HUH? Besides everyone knows Speedy Damiers come with RED LINING,Monogram Carryall brown lining,how is this confusing?If you are confused I told them I am in trouble!I give up

ratingz
9/21/16

very bad costumer service. very delayed shipping. very slow response

nghih
9/9/16

When I pointed out their lack of expertise, Gina told me that I should not buy a 2nd handbag and go to the store. Who on earth would said that to a customer. Save your time and money, do not go to their service.

laurenm73
8/2/16

Purse Form members collude with certain sellers to strategically give a bad name to some online sellers while praising others. In particular, a Purse Forum self-proclaimed authenticator under the screen name Vesna has done a lot of damage to a lot of online sellers. Everyone BEWARE! A lawsuit is imminent if this continues. It will probably be a class action.

ashleyd70
4/27/16

This merchant "authenticated" a pre-owned Prada bag I purchased and sent me a letter stating it was real when I knew it was a knock-off. After submitting MULTIPLE emails and additional photos, they finally agreed it was a fake handbag.

When Authenticate First found out the item was purchased from FashionPhile.com, they informed me that they could not send me a revised letter indicating that the item was counterfeit due to a "conflict of interest."

Isn't an authenticating service in business to call out merchants on the counterfeit items that they sell?

Avoid these people!

christopherw63
2/2/16

DO NOT WORK WITH AUTHENTICATE FIRST ALL THEY DO IS SCAM YOU FOR YOUR MONEY AND THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG

carriec3
11/10/15

This dodgy website reveals all of your personal information, ip address, login info, email addresses, etc, to their self-proclaimed expert authenticators. The admin of TPF are in cahoots with the authenticators. They are all purse sellers who publicly slander legitimate online businesses in order to steer buyers to their own sales and eliminate the competition. Anyone who sits on public forums 24/7 doing purse authentications for free has an ulterior motive or is mentally unbalanced. A professional site wouldn't engage in the kind of vicious slanderous gossip mongering, stalking and cyber bullying that Purseforum members are known for. Read the online transcripts of the lawsuit filed against TPF authenticator Nancy R. Burke, (screen names: BeenBurned, TheBargainPrincess, fashionclubgurl ) for trade libel, defamation and cyberbullying, etc. Transcripts for lawsuits filed against other authenticators are available online for all to read. Sad but true, they aren't doing these authentications out of the goodness of their hearts.

pgk
10/21/15

Whatever you do, do NOT go to authenticatefirst! They are a scam! 2 women from Indiana who threw together the website last year and made $69,000 for reviews that they had no clue about! They said my Louis Vuitton was fake when I bought it at LV!!! They are just scam artists who authentications mean nothing!

bridgetb8
7/15/15

I joined TPF, when I returned to eBay (after a brief hiatus) to sell high-end handbags, etc. I wanted to keep up with the latest info/fashion/trends & found some of their info to be helpful. But I felt a bit disenchanted, when I saw them posting hundreds of various eBay sellers (& their ID's) asking all members to report these supposed "scammer" sellers. Dozens of women (within minutes) then simply followed their lead & blindly, reported these sellers. I couldn't help but wonder ~ what made ANY of these women *Experts* on which bags were "undeniably" fake? Many of them even admitted to only "having a hunch" or only being "pretty sure" these bags were not genuine. "Guessing, surmising, believing, or assuming" is NOT grounds for asking hundreds of women to report & possibly destroy, someone's business/credibility/livelihood (& especially, reputation)!

After they targeted me & had several of my own listings removed, I had enough. I felt SO violated & disgusted reading the horrible comments being written about me, as a seller ~ assuming I was just another P.O.S. "scammer" & questioning my [lack of] integrity & moral values. ALL these malicious attacks, over the doubted authentication of TWO bags. I even had a buyer back out of a sale, after visiting TPF & viewing the false info. I then continued to lose a substantial amount of my [only] income last summer, thanks to the false allegations made by the TPF self-proclaimed *Experts*. I was SO upset, I wrote a long post asking these women to please "think twice" before so carelessly, attempting to destroy one's rep, livelihood, etc... I explained my long seller history of 100% positive feedback & my VERY genuine concern for my buyer's satisfaction. I offered to provide proof for the bags authenticity & mentioned the validity of the respected manufacturer I use, etc... Yet, I was surprised at some of the callous responses I received. Some calling me a liar & others calling me naive/stupid for "BUYING fake bags" to resell. No matter WHAT I said, I was already branded as both a bad seller AND stupid buyer. I was livid & SO frustrated... I had spent years building my perfect feedback, genuine reputation & earning the trust of my buyers. Yet, in one fell swoop, it seemed to be permanently scarred, thanks to the careless lies of these manipulative women (who seem to rule TPF).

Here's the kicker... The two bags that the TPF *Experts* claimed were definite knock-offs, were also authenticated by "Authenticate4u" to be 100% genuine. But, hey, "Authenticate4u" only has actual: years of professional credentials. So, what do they know?? <--> *sarcasm* I'm sure the *Experts* at TPF are MUCH more qualified... for randomly destroying one's livelihood.

pamelaw13
2/19/14

I buy many used Coach purses from an online auction site and rely heavily on the expertise I get from the authenticators on TPF. I have unknowingly bought fake items and have been able to have my money refunded because of this site.

While some of the authenticators on TPF also sell items I don't believe they are trying to squeeze out other sellers to prop up their own sales. It's unrealistic to assume that every buyer using an online auction site is aware of the Purse Forum, I would think less than 5% are aware of it. I am thankful I am part of that 5%.

Most of the items are deemed authentic but the Purse Forum will identify sellers who have knowingly sold fake items, been caught doing so, and continue to sell fake items without any conscience. Unscrupulous sellers are identified when a prospective buyer submits a link to their listing. It isn't a witch hunt, but it is a clear warning: if you sell fake items, and get caught doing so, members of the forum will know who you are. As a buyer, I appreciate the time and effort that goes into the information provided.

I also think that many sellers selling fakes, whether knowingly or unknowingly, are angry when they have been caught and would prefer to point the finger at the people who are trying to help the general public.

If you have been caught selling fakes more than once, there is something at play here: either you know you are selling fakes and don't care; you are too lazy to do some homework yourself to ensure authenticity of your items or you are so clueless you shouldn't be in the business.

I would think that most of the negative comments on this site are from disgruntled sellers who have been caught. And for that individual who was told incorrectly about her items authenticity, remember anyone can make a mistake.

jennifery3
7/6/13

TOTAL SCAM! I purchased a Chanel on ebay they authenticated as real and encouraged to go for it. Receive it, and what happens when I post to resell? I get my ad pulled, because the same exact Chanel they said was real is now a fake on purse forum! I read what they posted about my ad, saying " Good job, be gone" Come to find out later, it was one of the members pets that sold me the purse. Quite a vicious cycle of scammer's. My advice is stay away from the self proclaimed authenticators, as they are selling who knows what themselves, and trying to snuff out other sellers, Shameless Hens!

achiml
7/2/13

A site that is a complete fraud that engages in gossip, spreading lies and misleads newbies. They know nothing about authentication and whomever claims to be an "expert" is far from it. Authentication cannot be done via pictures online. And most grievously their moderators or "mods" are in cahoots with certain people, sellers and will edit or ban or delete at will if they feel it suits them. A complete farce.

Questions? Get answers from the PurseForum staff and other customers.

PurseForum?