Review of Psychz.net

sales@psychz.net

87 reviews with 1 star

wyattt13
9/16/19

A few months back, we started using Psychz for our DDoS protection through a GRE tunnel. Their new Chicago PoP was particularly attractive because they were offering a decent blend and good capacity from the start, and they were offering us a good price.

Things started off well enough. We paid them for a few hours of their network admins' time just to make sure the setup was done properly. Unfortunately, this was only the start of a number of problems that caused massive quality of service issues for our customers as we deployed the new solution. Essentially, inbound traffic would be served to our full-time mitigated customers through a Psychz GRE tunnel from their Chicago PoP. We expected some overhead going in, and lower speeds than a cross-connect or direct peering, but what we got out of it was entirely ridiculous.

Long story short, we were only able to download ~30Mbps through the Psychz Chicago GRE tunnel. Not MB/s, but Mbps - which equates to about 3.7MB/s of actual download speeds through a GRE tunnel purportedly capable of 1Gbps. After weeks of back and forth discussions with staff at all levels of the company, including a personal Skype group with senior management, we weren't able to get anywhere. At one point, one of the managers admitted to giving us false promises on their attempted fixes - in essence, admitting to lying to us. It's also worth mentioning that the ticket staff were entirely worthless - the clearly outsourced support, assuming they ever responded at all, were perhaps the most generic and canned we've ever dealt with.

We eventually gave up and set up a GRE tunnel through USDedicated as a temporary solution. This was much better - we're able to push 600-700Mbps through their tunnel without any issues to speak of; much closer to the realistic overhead of a modern GRE tunnel. Because of this, and because of certain information we received from a third party, we can only assume that their newer PoPs are using substandard older-generation hardware to serve GRE tunnels.

I sincerely wish we had a better experience with Psychz. I think colocating or renting from them directly is probably a better overall play. But our experience using them as a third party, but closely located, mitigation provider was an - excuse the pun -unmitigated disaster.

I believe Psychz is growing and expanding far too fast for their own good. I wish they would focus more of their time and effort on making their current PoPs fantastic instead of offering service in every possible corner of the globe at rock-bottom pricing and, according to our experience, rock-bottom quality.

I want to be clear. I want companies like Pscyhz to do well. Mitigation is largely lacking, especially in locations that are relatively underserved like Chicago or Sao Paulo or Singapore, etc. I just wish they would do it a little better.

georgen44
2/21/17

When adding an additional ssd to my server they accidentally replaced the first one, destroying all of my clients data. This isn't the first time something like this has happened with them.

Also they apparently buy good reviews, check out the 3 5 star reviews all on the same day.

jamec7
9/10/16

Overcharged my card 2,300 dollars. They also obviously lied in the previous three reviews, they were all posted on the exact same date. Obvious spoof reviews.

84 additional ratings and reviews were submitted through Shopper Approved, but only the most recent reviews above 100 characters are displayed.

Questions? Get answers from the Psychz.net staff and other customers.

Psychz.net?