Review of ProPlants

Downers Grove, IL 60515, US
Tel: 888.549.4014

jessicag318
2/17/19

Wont be using propellants again. Or letting my husband use it either. Order me a surprise pla t delievefed ro my work came in a box had to prepare it my self which was pointless since it was dead. Not knowing this used pro plants the same day for a funeral again plant was delievefed for them to put together themselves again dead. How embarrassing. Waste of money

elizabethf297
12/1/18

I ordered a centerpiece for the first time for my mother's Birthday it was a Christmas centerpiece of eucalyptus and a candle and barely any other decorations, the ribbon was stringing on ends nothing about it said Wow!! We had to decorate ourselves and for what I paid , well I'd like my money back !!'

mikei48
10/5/18

I order this 6 months of plants package and it was great didn't have a problem at all so I decided to get a second round although they have the exact same plants and I had to call them every month to complain about not getting my plant and they sent me dead plants cracked pots when I finally got them but the few plants I did get that survived are very nice And are doing just fine now

glendaw35
10/2/18

My son sent me Lilly for mother's day.?It didn't look very good, but everyone said how easy to grow. I google called, did everything still no luck. Call about it the lady was RUDE! Said she couldn't find were I had ordered anything. Well Captain Obvious I didn't order it. 4 times told her that. She finally said SOMEONE MIGHT call me back. She also told me that did not sound like their flowers. Well I looked at reviews, sounds like it's just like their stuff. Stay away from Proplant! Unless you need dead or dying ones for Halloween

mariag316
7/10/18

We received a planter box with 4 individual plants on past Saturday. By Monday AM 3 plants were yellow and by this AM they are almost dead.

danielb448
5/15/18

Their customer service was worse than lousy! They hung up on me the two times that I called and refused to let me talk to a supervisor or manager. I'll never deal with ProPlants again.
Eunice, Detroit MI

kathyh22
5/2/18

I purchased a $15 groupon for $30 towards a plant. I selected a plant for about $38. I knew there would be shipping. Oh boy, was there shipping. Several shipping chgs in fact. I was ordering it around early lunch that day, but to have it delivered by the next evening, more than 24 hrs later, that was an extra $25! In addition to the $13 for shipping (?) and $3 for handling. I guess if they have to touch it...thats extra Also, the picture shows a beautiful rose plant in a glass container/vase. Well the container was $15 extra I find out, otherwise you get a hideous container. So even though I had $30 towards a $38 plant, they wanted almost $60 by the time I was done. So I had to forgo the next day delivery, which seriously, is never a big deal at any florist Ive dealt with. Basically, they nickel and dime you till you just flat out do not get a deal. Never again.

charleenh
3/30/18

Save your money! My son and his wife know how I love plants, so for my birthday they sent me a Lily of the Valley Bulb Garden. It arrived late and when I opened it, there was a very small pot with undersized "bulbs" I was concerned right from the beginning, but was willing to give it a try. They grew for about a week and then one bulb died and buds for the flowers turned yellow and are dying. I'm so sorry that my son wasted his money and really don't want him to feel bad. Stay away and save your money! FYI I'm an experienced gardener and have grown bulbs in pots many times.

maryw350
2/20/18

I got cala lilly sent to me and they were broken, got another deliver of cala lily they were broke I would NOT use them at all

pamelac110
2/14/18

Had a $15 dollar credit decided to use it to send flowers to my elderly mother in law had to deal with a rep for Pro Plants that could not understand english. On the phone with her for over hour and half and she still in this amount of time could not understand even simple words such as May, Jean, Drive, Pam, the state of Tennessee ok then lets make it simple just put TN, nor could she understand understand numbers such as the street address,zip, or telephone number. I am a Christian woman with heart and blood pressure issues,and I had to pray for forgiveness, and get up and take my heart medicine and a blood pressure pill to keep from having a stroke or heart attack. It ended with me telling her they could keep the $15 credit it was not worth me having to be put through all that. Never use them. Use a reputable flower company to avoid what I was put through. I would not even give them a one and the only reason I did is because a zero was not an option. It is no wonder their reviews are horrible and low. Beware......

efp
1/22/18

Call a LOCAL flower shop and place your order! VERY poor quality and expensive for what you get! MOST funeral homes will not accept them due to the poor quality and having to deal with the family being up set at the way they looked!!!!!! Have to give a one star cause they will not let you submit without a star!!!!!!

kathya67
10/16/17

I received a gift from my niece and love it and decided to send a plant to my daughter-in-law. I made several mistakes in my order but when I called the customer service agent went above and beyond to help. I'm very happy with this company!

caryannb
9/2/17

I sent my daughter the rose Yay bouquet for her birthday. They forgot the card,no YAY LETTERS ,dead leaves and the plant looks like it came half dead. How could one possibly send this?? I am shocked actually! Only one star because I have to put it! Called got my money back,it is not worth a penny. Just sad that my daughter could have had a gorgeous birthday plant. I would love to share the picture of the plant they sent.

lauriel32
5/25/17

This Mom was initially surprised-then, twice, appalled! Promised replacement, still waiting. For what, not sure.

Save your $$$. Sadly, such a joke.

sabrinad19
5/18/17

I ordered my mom something for mothers day they rook it upon them self to change delivery date to a month later without even telling me. Would not use this company again.

janetr72
5/12/17

Received a azalea bonsai for mother's day from my husband with no instruction on how to care for the plant. also the plant looked nothing like the website also missing the card that tells you who it came from. called customer service and they said they would tell me on the phone how to care for it and they would read to me what my husband wrote. a bit of a let down will make sure he never orders from them again.

courtneyc50
5/11/17

I order a plant for my grandma, and she received it dead and the container was broken. Called them and she said that plant was no longer in stock so she said she would send an orchid, then said "just kidding we do not have that either." She said it would be delivered after Mother's day. Very disappointed with their products and services, would not recommend.

patriciat69
2/18/17

I was sent a miniature rose plant from my neighbor......she is handicaped and I dont want to upset her to say the plant was pretty because evry leaf fell of the plant when I got it....I babied it for over a week and now it looks like its dead....could you please replace this plant or send something comparable that wont die during shipping........the sender was Deloris White at 6 lake forest ct, Nottingham, Md 21236........the receiver is Pat Tormollen at 8 Lake Forest Ct, Nottingham, Md 21236......Thank You

joannaf10
1/11/17

A friend of mine send a beautiful arrangement, but because of the cold weather here in NY, it was frozen by the time I got home from work & found it outside. I called a day or 2 later and the rep (Sheryl Ann) assisted me and replaced the froze plant with a new one at no charge. I was even able to change the destination to my office to avoid the plant freezing again. She was a pleasure to work with and it was fairly quick. I am very happy & would use them again, and again! :)

berdenaw
11/24/16

I order,a succulent plant for daughter-in-law to be delivered on Nov. 23rd. Later that day I ordered a yellow rose Bush for me for the 22nd. Rose came but no succulent on 23rd and no message stating why. Will never order from this place again.

regeanb
5/7/16

Ordered a week in advance mothers day plant to be delivered the friday before Mothers day. Received an order condo on 5/4 indicating UPS label printed. Called Mom on Saturday because I didn't hear from her. No plant received. Called Pro Plants who basically could do nothing for me or offer any explanation as to where the plant was. They happily charged my credit card the day i ordered. They offered to refund me and will ship another plant to be received after 5/16. Thank for ruining possibly the last mothers day my mother will celebrate.
This company is a scam.

cynthiab49
4/22/16

I would give it 0 stars if I could. I too had groupon, which basically covered the shipping and handling fee of $15. So I still paid full price. Ordered the teal/gold pot with succulents. It arrived a mess, all the plants were broken, succulent leaves had fallen off, etc. I have tried contacting them twice and no response. Attached is the picture of the plant I received and what I expected based on their picture online. When I removed the flimsy protective netting/cloth after taking it out of the box it was a MESS! Only two plants were salvageable (tiny cactuses). Would recommend going elsewhere for your gifts.

Tip for consumers: There isn't a place to read customer reviews. There is a reason for this. They don't want all the negative reviews on their website. Hence, we have to post them on the great wide internet via other means.

johns1171
2/14/16

I bought a groupon for 15 dollars for 30 dollars worth of flowers from proplants. The shipping alone is 12.99, there is a 2.99 handling fee, and then taxes. I wish you did not have to get all the way to the end of check out to know the total price.

randyr25
2/1/16

I tried ordering from ProPlants and I went ahead and placed my order. When I received my email confirmation and I was able to review my purchase the extra 10% they promised via email was not taken off. I called Customer Service two times bringing this to my attention. They refused to take off the additional 10%. I still have the email. So I canceled my order. This was likely an indication of the kind of quality and followup service I would have received. My personal experience tells me to stay clear of ProPlants. There are other legitimate companies who actually have a Customer Service that will honor their pledge and be honest. STAY AWAY from PROPLANTS.com

marionm30
6/24/15

I ordered 4 Peaceful White Garden planters as centerpieces on the tables for my wedding this weekend. I expected 4 beautiful baskets full of beautiful plants that I could bring to the reception location tomorrow. The picture and description on Proplants.com website was perfect for my needs....and I did not have a problem paying the price asked because they would be great!

What I got delivered was not the plant collage that I expected, but the separate items that still had to be assembled, and not with any extra dirt to plant them in! What I got delivered in 4 separate tracking numbers, one that was sent via FedEx and the other 3 via UPS, was 4 baskets with plastic liners, and 16 separate plants that did not look too healthy! We also got an extra gift with the delivery too! An insect! You can imagine my disappointment with only 2 days from my wedding and I still have to assemble, run out and get potting soil and try to make them presentable for my guests to take home. Let's hope they make this right!
I added some photos below...first is of the bug in a glass, the second is the 4 separate baskets, and the last is of all the separate plants that are yet to be assembled.

Updated: 6/28/15 Well, after I posted this review and then shared it on Twitter, the customer service of Social Media Rep replied to me email and investigated my order. They apologized profusely and gave me a few options on how they could help with my disappointment. They offered to duplicate my order for free, a full refund on my credit card, or a store coupon in the amount of my order. I would normally want the item, but since my wedding was less than a day away, I took them up on their offer of a full refund on my credit card. I was very please that they offered this and it did make up for the extra work and time that it took to assemble the centerpieces. Thanks ProPlants for admitting a mistake and doing something about it. Because of this, I am raising my first 2 start rating to a 4 star. Thanks for your social media customer service.

5/1/2016 - My husband bought a small rose plant to ship to his mother for Mother's Day and the feedback from her was great! It arrived with a few flowers and some buds. She said they looked great and the plant was healthy. It also arrived on time. Way to o ProPlants!

16 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Contact us with any questions or comments: Phone: 1-888-549-4014 Email: wecare@customercare.proplants.com contact them

By Courtney C.

By Courtney C.

Questions? Get answers from the ProPlants staff and other customers.

3 Photos for ProPlants