Review of ProPlants

Downers Grove, IL 60515, US
Tel: 888.549.4014

jeanp153
5/16/19

Received a succulent for Mother's Day. It arrived broken and the dirt all over. The plant was very small. The Chocolates were melted, had to be thrown away.
Very disappointed. There is not a picture on the web site of a plant as small as I received.
The pot is about 2 1/2 inches.

cherylm429
5/14/19

I received a lovely orchid for Mother's Day with a nice ceramic container. The problem is there was no planting medium to put the Orchid in to support it in the pot. I tried calling the ProPlant customer number and both times I got people who don't speak English clearly and of course no supervisior was available. Apparently I need to call the grower to find out what planting medium to use and how to plant it. The customer service people were useless and kept me on the phone waiting for way too long.
I wouldn't use this company for a gift and forget trying to get an answer!

patriciaw335
5/14/19

My cousins just sent me a Bark Potted Orchid plant and all the flowers except 2 are fallen off you had a fine net over them and the flowers had already fallen off in the netting. Very disappointing.

diannec69
5/14/19

My Mother's day plant arrived late and half dead. I don't totally blame the shipper, as it sat in a hot truck or warehouse for 3 days since UPS does not deliver on Saturday as promised and never arrived until 7pm Monday night, sitting on the truck since 830 AM

gloriar102
5/13/19

I received a rose plant as a Mother's Day gift. It has arrived today, one day after Mother's Day.
The plant is barely alive. Many leaves gone. Only 3 roses are trying to survive. The quality of what I received is really bad. I feel bad for my husband who was really looking forward to give me this gift.

demib12
5/13/19

Don't use this company. If there is a problem, you cannot get hold of anyone who speaks understandable english. Plant came needing to be potted. It came with a much too large ceramic pot. Don't know if I should use regular potting soil. No information packed with plant. Was late for Mothers Day. My son should get a refund.

laural457
5/13/19

I purchased a Groupon for a $30 value credit on ProPlants.com for $15. I read every bit of that fine print to make sure I wasn't going to get screwed over. The fine print said that the credit could be used on the shipping cost, if necessary; which was great, because many of the other floral companies were charging shipping out the ass. To keep costs down, I chose a $19.99 floral arrangement, added at card for $2.99, and applied the remaining credit toward the shipping ($10). No problem. Or was there?

I went through the whole checkout process just fine and it said my flowers would arrive the Saturday before Mother's Day. It's now Monday and they hadn't arrived, so I checked my accounts and apparently they never sent my order! There was, in fact, no trace of my order at all. So I went ahead and checked out again, except that the $19.99 floral option wasn't on their website anymore, so I opted for a $25.99 option. Then it said my Groupon wouldn't work on my "selected items," for whatever reason, so I then opted for a $29.99 floral arrangement instead and the Groupon worked.

However, once I get through the checkout again, it then tells me that the shipping is now $12.99 (instead of $10), there's an additional handling fee of $2.99, and extra taxes, which came to $3.99. That's $20 more than what I knew I was going to be spending. These extra fees were NOT in the fine print! And they were NOT listed on the site until you added all the shipping and payment information.

So, with the cost of the Groupon, I spent over $36 on a ruddy floral bouquet that didn't even come with a vase (because--apparently--those are extra, too!) Shove it where the sun doesn't shine, ProPlants!!

edwardw175
5/12/19

Mother's Day, pretty important to me and especially my mom.
Just wait until you see what she received, called them 5 times and could not get an English speaking person on the phone.
F- at best
Yes that was 75.00$$

mm607
5/9/19

Just received one of their "gifts" from a loved one. Daffodils in summer? What a sad rip-off for unsuspecting people. Their product is crummy. Go with ProFlowers, not this Chinese outfit who is trying to canabalize the ProFlowers name.

anitak66
5/9/19

I received a potted rose bush for mother's day. It is wilted and most likely will die. I called wecare and talked to a gal in the Philippines. Could not understand her. Kept asking for someone else to talk to but she could not provide someone. I finally understood her to say that my husband would get a refund. They do not replace plants. This company is a total rip off. Do not order from them.

bobm476
4/17/19

Our gift from our mother was a semi-dead plant which she paid $40.00. Our first two customer service (HA!) people were not able to be understood and did not understand our issue when presented in English. It took over an hour to finally be connected to some who could or was willing to help the understood our problem. DO NOT USE THIIS COMPANY!

kareno58
2/26/19

Received a wooden box with 4 very small plants. Obviously the delivery box and been turned upside down. Got a box with 4 very, very small plants which were dumped out of their small plastic pots. Leaves yellow and broken. Told my SIL to dump this company and to see if she could get a refund.

jessicag318
2/17/19

Wont be using propellants again. Or letting my husband use it either. Order me a surprise pla t delievefed ro my work came in a box had to prepare it my self which was pointless since it was dead. Not knowing this used pro plants the same day for a funeral again plant was delievefed for them to put together themselves again dead. How embarrassing. Waste of money

elizabethf297
12/1/18

I ordered a centerpiece for the first time for my mother's Birthday it was a Christmas centerpiece of eucalyptus and a candle and barely any other decorations, the ribbon was stringing on ends nothing about it said Wow!! We had to decorate ourselves and for what I paid , well I'd like my money back !!'

mikei48
10/5/18

I order this 6 months of plants package and it was great didn't have a problem at all so I decided to get a second round although they have the exact same plants and I had to call them every month to complain about not getting my plant and they sent me dead plants cracked pots when I finally got them but the few plants I did get that survived are very nice And are doing just fine now

glendaw35
10/2/18

My son sent me Lilly for mother's day.?It didn't look very good, but everyone said how easy to grow. I google called, did everything still no luck. Call about it the lady was RUDE! Said she couldn't find were I had ordered anything. Well Captain Obvious I didn't order it. 4 times told her that. She finally said SOMEONE MIGHT call me back. She also told me that did not sound like their flowers. Well I looked at reviews, sounds like it's just like their stuff. Stay away from Proplant! Unless you need dead or dying ones for Halloween

mariag316
7/10/18

We received a planter box with 4 individual plants on past Saturday. By Monday AM 3 plants were yellow and by this AM they are almost dead.

danielb448
5/15/18

Their customer service was worse than lousy! They hung up on me the two times that I called and refused to let me talk to a supervisor or manager. I'll never deal with ProPlants again.
Eunice, Detroit MI

kathyh22
5/2/18

I purchased a $15 groupon for $30 towards a plant. I selected a plant for about $38. I knew there would be shipping. Oh boy, was there shipping. Several shipping chgs in fact. I was ordering it around early lunch that day, but to have it delivered by the next evening, more than 24 hrs later, that was an extra $25! In addition to the $13 for shipping (?) and $3 for handling. I guess if they have to touch it...thats extra Also, the picture shows a beautiful rose plant in a glass container/vase. Well the container was $15 extra I find out, otherwise you get a hideous container. So even though I had $30 towards a $38 plant, they wanted almost $60 by the time I was done. So I had to forgo the next day delivery, which seriously, is never a big deal at any florist Ive dealt with. Basically, they nickel and dime you till you just flat out do not get a deal. Never again.

charleenh
3/30/18

Save your money! My son and his wife know how I love plants, so for my birthday they sent me a Lily of the Valley Bulb Garden. It arrived late and when I opened it, there was a very small pot with undersized "bulbs" I was concerned right from the beginning, but was willing to give it a try. They grew for about a week and then one bulb died and buds for the flowers turned yellow and are dying. I'm so sorry that my son wasted his money and really don't want him to feel bad. Stay away and save your money! FYI I'm an experienced gardener and have grown bulbs in pots many times.

maryw350
2/20/18

I got cala lilly sent to me and they were broken, got another deliver of cala lily they were broke I would NOT use them at all

pamelac110
2/14/18

Had a $15 dollar credit decided to use it to send flowers to my elderly mother in law had to deal with a rep for Pro Plants that could not understand english. On the phone with her for over hour and half and she still in this amount of time could not understand even simple words such as May, Jean, Drive, Pam, the state of Tennessee ok then lets make it simple just put TN, nor could she understand understand numbers such as the street address,zip, or telephone number. I am a Christian woman with heart and blood pressure issues,and I had to pray for forgiveness, and get up and take my heart medicine and a blood pressure pill to keep from having a stroke or heart attack. It ended with me telling her they could keep the $15 credit it was not worth me having to be put through all that. Never use them. Use a reputable flower company to avoid what I was put through. I would not even give them a one and the only reason I did is because a zero was not an option. It is no wonder their reviews are horrible and low. Beware......

efp
1/22/18

Call a LOCAL flower shop and place your order! VERY poor quality and expensive for what you get! MOST funeral homes will not accept them due to the poor quality and having to deal with the family being up set at the way they looked!!!!!! Have to give a one star cause they will not let you submit without a star!!!!!!

kathya67
10/16/17

I received a gift from my niece and love it and decided to send a plant to my daughter-in-law. I made several mistakes in my order but when I called the customer service agent went above and beyond to help. I'm very happy with this company!

caryannb
9/2/17

I sent my daughter the rose Yay bouquet for her birthday. They forgot the card,no YAY LETTERS ,dead leaves and the plant looks like it came half dead. How could one possibly send this?? I am shocked actually! Only one star because I have to put it! Called got my money back,it is not worth a penny. Just sad that my daughter could have had a gorgeous birthday plant. I would love to share the picture of the plant they sent.

16 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Contact us with any questions or comments: Phone: 1-888-549-4014 Email: wecare@customercare.proplants.com contact them

By Courtney C.

By Courtney C.

Questions? Get answers from the ProPlants staff and other customers.

7 Photos for ProPlants