Primrose.co.uk

Primrose.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1 star from 6 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Primrose.co.uk ranks 91st among Home & Garden Other sites.

How would you rate Primrose.co.uk?

“Do not buy from this website”

SONIA R.
3/29/21

I purchased a fountain in December 2020. It was in stock. I contacted them in January and was told it would be 10-12 weeks from the date of my order. To date, I have not received (nearly 16 weeks later). The item is now more expensive at other websites, and they still have my full payment. I confirmed on numerous occasions i would get my item. Customer service is appalling

soniar160
March 29th, 2021

To date, I have not received (nearly 16 weeks later).
I confirmed on numerous occasions i would get my item.
Customer service is appalling

Tip for consumers:
Do not use

michaels4380
June 1st, 2020

Ordered in April, received one generic email re Covid and delays, then nothing.
Hundreds if not thousands more in the same boat, handed over cash and received NOTHING!
Primrose are not replying to emails or social media enquiries, not issuing refunds, but still trading and taking new orders along with payments.

Actively closing down their review pages on other review sites to stop people complaining in public.

Disgraceful!

Just check their Twitter page for the sheer number of unhappy customers being ignored when asking about their goods or their money.

May 20th is when replies on social media stopped.
Just about damage control now.

All the updates on the website suggest its business as normal, just with some delays which are out of their control. Don't sell, and take money for items you can't source or ship. Simple.

michaelt1561
September 4th, 2020

Terrible, in fact WORSE than terrible. Customer service is shockingly bad, no communication despite repeated attempts for updates on our orders. And it wasn't a one off as my wife and I tried 3 different orders (thinking we just had an unlucky experience the first time) but each time the experience was beyond woeful. Our last order we're still waiting for 3 months on and Primrose's Customer Service team have failed to respond to 5 attempts to get an update. Refunds are hilarious - they refunded part of our first order 2 months after placing it with a made up number! Feels like this is a joke of a company who are happy to take your money and then do nothing, just sit on your cash for months. Truly shocking bad service in this day and age. As online retailers ourselves there is no way we'd still be in business if we traded the way Primrose does. And using Covid as an excuse for terrible service, failed deliveries and no comms is just not acceptable. Avoid Primrose at all costs.

anthonym611
May 5th, 2020

I know that with Covid-19 many companies are struggling to keep in business, but Primrose is showing its customers that it does not care. I had a generic email yesterday saying that my order has now been cancelled.
I placed my order in March, with one item due in stock on the 2nd April, when I checked early April it was showing as back in stock, so I thought everything was okay.
Since then I have been sending Primrose emails and on-line messages for the past 4 weeks (phone lines closed), trying to find out when they were going to dispatch my order - not a single reply.
I have even contacted my credit card company, to report that Primrose has not sent me my order and is not replying to any communication!
I am extremely disappointed and upset that I have wasted my time with Primrose. I could have bought the items separately from other companies, but choose to use Primrose as they had all the item I wanted (or so I thought).
Like other customer I would like to give 0 star and I will never be using them again.

dominicl61
June 13th, 2020

Primrose are taking on line orders and not fulfilling them. They have taken 600 pounds from me and not fulfilled my order. They won't respond to calls, e-mails or tweets. It's been 30 days since they took the money from my account.

michaelt135
Michael T.
April 7th, 2016

I ordered 2 bamboos from Primrose and although they were packed well they were rather scruffy, but having quite a few bamboo in the garden i thought that this was just the shedding leaves stage of the plant. Unfortunately though the plants have become thin dry and dropping leaves all over the place. But what has made it worse is when I contact customer service firstly i'm treated like i don't really know anything about bamboo and told more or less to just accept their condition. So after visiting a local well known store today and seeing the same bamboo in tip top condition i felt i had to complain to primrose yet again. So they have offered me a £10 voucher off my next order! Yeah right! feels like a kick in the teeth really! What a waste of money..... I won't be buying from this company again!

Questions? Get answers from the Primrose.co.uk staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primrose.co.uk?

Have a question about Primrose.co.uk?