Review of Planet Fitness

security@planetfitness.com

11 reviews with 1 star

jonf135
2/20/19

We signed up in Maricopa,AZ. They told us we could cancel at anytime w/o a cancellation fee. We're snow birds so, we explained that several times. Letting them know we would be going home in a couple of months.The other night when we talked with one of the employees they said there's a $58 cancellation fee. They should have told us that from the get go!! BEWARE!! Not happy!! Hate either being lied to or ill informed employees!!

jn93
2/15/19

Cancellation policy is near fraudulent. Signed up for the $22 membership and then had to have a complete foot/ankle reconstruction. Although I never used the facility, it cost me over $200 with the cancellation fee.
In summary: Make no long-term commitments.

robertb1216
9/4/18

Planet Fitness in general has great programs at reasonable prices, but this particular location has a management problem. She could care less about her customers. Her attitude is adopted by her employees. The owner of this location would do better by sending the staff to customer service training.
The music volume at the location is consistently so loud that I leave the location with my ears ringing.

If you are planning on joining, I highly recommend the Puyallup or Tacoma locations. If you are stuck going to this gym you may want to invest in ear protection or noise cancelling headphones.

This location should also be required to post a photosensitive seizure warning in their "relaxation" room. The lights flicker so badly that I where a sleep mask to avoid getting a migraine.

caitlynh9
12/7/17

Gainesville, GA. This is the most pathetic gym to work at and job to have. Until yesterday I was an employee at this location. The manager may have experience running a gym, but does not have experience being a part of a team. The company promises to promote from within, then hires an outsider as assistant manager and completely over looks prime candidates who are available. And when an emergency happens on site, the club manager blames the staff, complains about having to come in, then proceeds to tell staff 'it can wait till Monday'. Two patrons keys were stolen as well as one of the patrons vehicles. And the video feed for the police can 'wait till Monday'. That is an exact quote used from when this event happened Friday, November 3rd. On top of this, when we called the General Manager, Regional Manager, as well as another club manager, our manager was the only one to answer the phone. What does that say about poor communication in the event of an emergency. Good riddance planet fitness.

robertr75
11/27/17

This PF location desperately needs a management shake up. I travel for work and have visited many PFs throughout the country. Would venture to say, the Palm Coast location has the rudest staff of any planet fitness, by far. Yelling and embarrassing customers has No place in any business, but it is really despicable in a Gym environment, ironic that they promote themselves as a "judgement free zone" and then hire people like Aleece

margaretm162
6/29/17

Planet Fitness Elkton, MD contracted with Silver Sneakers to provide free memberships for certain health insurance carriers. I signed up in January. Two months later---while I am in Colorado burying my brother---they called me saying they did not have my correct insurance info. I provided the information. They then left me a message that I had to pay a $39 fee. I called them back saying I would cancel rather than pay the imposed fee. I also told them that instead of charging me a fee, they should be giving everyone a credit for having to deal with the shambles their location was in during their renovation. They proceeded to insist I had to pay them $39 or get a written cancellation to them before the 10th of that month. I was not going to be home in time as my flight home was scheduled for the 9th. A few phone calls later the manager said my membership was cancelled. When my insurance co. called them, they lied and told them I cancelled because of the renovation mess. Further they lied and stated that they did not attempt to impose a fee.

chadb43
5/3/17

I signed up for the black card and after 14 months decided to cancel. The black card membership is a one year contract. I was asked to bring a letter in requesting to cancel and I did. The following month they debited my bank account so I placed a stop payment with my bank to prevent further theft. For the last 3 months I have been getting threatening calls from the manager at planet fitness saying I haven't met my contractual obligations. Today planet fitness hit my credit. I guess now it's time to get an attorney.

claytonr10
12/19/16

Well I don't have any bad experiences here like the ones most of you have. I'm just here to roast the current business practices they are known for.
So you know that method where they only allow EFT payment method? Yeah about that. Did you know that less & less people are using bank accounts, and more are switching to things like Bluebird, GreenDot, etc? Well if you don't have a bank account, you are not welcome at planet fitness.
I had a membership there. And there are signs everywhere & every one of them says the same things "You belong!" "Judgement free zone!"
But since when does it become judgment free when you are called out by an alarm system for dropping weights? Since when are you tossed out for being in shape & just trying to better yourself? "Ma'am you have to leave. You're doing too well on that ab workout that you're intimidating the lady eating an XXL pizza on the bench press." That right there is judgment, just not in the same sense as most other gyms. It's a passive aggressive form of it, and directed to the opposite side of the coin.
And the drinks are wicked expensive. $5 for a muscle milk? I pay less than that for the same bottle of muscle milk at the gas station.
Oh and don't use the locker rooms if there is a senior citizens event. I found out the hard way that there was a senior citizens trip taking place... by walking into a bunch of naked old men getting out of the shower. My mind was scarred for life. Lol

twylaw1
6/2/16

I joined Planet fitness in January. I told the rep that I have a terminal illness and that I wanted to go from month to month and so she sold me the black list package. I have only been to to gym 4-5 times since I've joined due to my illness. I have been still paying monthly so when I went to stop services with them I was told that I have to pay a fee to discontinue service! Really! OR I have to get a letter from my dr saying that I can't use the machines! Really! Is PLANET FITNESS THAT HARD UP FOR MONEY? Thieves and liars! If you lie to me then you'll steal from me! And clearly both things has occurred to me. Do not subscribe with nor join Planet fitness! Their commercials are false to what they really are! I'm very disappointed with this company and will also be reporting them to BBB and Yelp and any other reviews that are available!

victord25
5/17/16

Post May-2016 Remodel Review. The result is bad for anybody who likes free weights. No more free weights, no more bench press, no more preacher curls. Much of it has been replaced with Hammer Strength, which I like Hammer Strength machines, but there's not enough. And in my opinion, Hammer Strength should supplement free weights, not replace them. If anything get rid of the other machines that Hammer Strength makes redundant and obsolete. The preacher bench was not replaced with a Hammer Strength machine, it was just removed. You don't get rid of free weights at a gym - period. I'm going to be looking for a new gym.

kyleeg
4/27/16

If you are me then don't got to this place. I will tell you pros and cons. So make sure you read this review.

Pros: there are no pros

Cons: BAD SERVICE
Staff is rude
Will not help members or guests

Questions? Get answers from the Planet Fitness staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Planet Fitness