Pixel Apps

Pixel Apps has a consumer rating of 1 stars from 1 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. The most common issues with Pixel Apps are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

How would you rate Pixel Apps?

“Please read my review”

Ron J.
9/20/18

Sam Cunningham, the director and owner of Pixel Apps LTD and Barrow Eats LTD should not be trusted, and here is why. Sam contacted me in response to an advertisement that I had left on a well known 'freelancer' type website. My advert was asking for experienced and interested developers to get in touch with me to discuss the possibility of doing some work for my project (building a web development with apps) Sam got in touch with me and offered me an 'already built and 'ready to go' development (Sam said that he had 'built' it for someone else who had been unable to complete the payment, and so Sam was then selling it on). He offered an already built development which was only in need of a few 'tweaks and edits' to then make it 'look brand new' and to which he would then re-brand for me on the 'front-end' and then apply my already made business branding. I was immediately interested and especially as the overall price would come in for less than what I was prepared to pay and so it seemed the perfect opportunity. I checked Companies House and listened carefully to Sam and also asked all of the right questions, and Sam was very polite and friendly, and also straight to the point (which I prefer), and eventually I began to trust him. At this point he began to then tell me that other people were suddenly interested in the project and so it was now a 'first come first served' situation, but I did not let that rush me and I just went on at my own pace. Eventually I decided that I would take Sam up on this offer and which was purely based on the following: - I wanted the development - It was 'ready to go' - It come in at under my budget - Sam presented himself as a knowledgeable person - Sam seemed friendly, straight forward, and precise And most importantly, - Sam told me that I would receive a 'no quibble refund at any time' as he had other interested parties in this development. There were more things also which all added up to me saying 'Lets do it'! Sam asked me to pay him £5000 upfront to secure the development and which also would mean he would ignore the other interested parties, and I believed this to sound correct and would stimulate the best relationship also, and because I trusted him and had made up my mind, and to pay half now and half at the end, and all in good faith, seemed fair to me. The following day Sam and I spoke by telephone but he just seemed really annoyed and his attitude was awful and he was arrogant and very full of himself, he also then started to tell me that I would need to buy thousands of pounds worth of POS systems and other physical equipment in order to make the development work and which was totally not in my business model at all and came as a complete surprise i.e why did he NOT tell me this BEFORE luring me into paying £5000?, and so I tried my best to not appear too disappointed and just stayed polite and calm, though obviously I feel the alarm bells began ringing in my mind. I slowly and calmly told him the obvious things and asked him "why did you not say this before" but he just used my words as a way to then make out that he was 'offended' by my now new doubts of him? I stayed calm and did not even respond to this 'invite to an argument' and because it felt like he was trying to goad me into an argument, and if I were to rise to it then I would be giving Sam an excuse to then 'feel offended' and just hang up the phone on me. I simply told him - "I think this isn't for me" and that I was "happy that he thankfully still has other interested parties" "and that I would please like my money back" which is reasonable enough when considering that only 16 hours earlier he had other interested parties! Because Sam became conveniently 'offended' by my reasonable doubts of him as well as the thousands of pounds worth of equipment I was also now being told I would need to buy were the two main reasons why I requested my money back. This all happened around 16 hours after I transferred my £5000 to him. Sam has refused to return my monies and has simply kept hold of them and he has scammed me, and he has acted in a cold and unscrupulous way. I have never received anything from him, ever, other than emails,and I have never signed anything or agreed to anything and he has simply playing a heavy laced bluff game and which I have not had the previous time to deal with. "My lawyer and I have looked through the contract that you have signed" - the words of Sam Cunningham, Owner/Director - Pixel Apps, and also, this development has now gone on to become 'Barrow Eats' (based in Barrow-In-Furness). I would welcome him returning my monies immediately and along with the other expenses made already known to him. Until he does then he simply has a stain on his professional self, and is a stain to his actual professions.

ronj102
September 20th, 2018

- I wanted the development
- It was 'ready to go'
- It come in at under my budget
- Sam presented himself as a knowledgeable person
- Sam seemed friendly, straight forward, and precise

And most importantly,

There were more things also which all added up to me saying 'Lets do it'!

This all happened around 16 hours after I transferred my £5000 to him.

Questions? Get answers from the Pixel Apps staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pixel Apps?

Have a question about Pixel Apps?