Review of Photobox

Tel: 0344 854 3366
betafeedback@photobox.co.uk

joanh167
1/5/19

Thank you kelly for sorting my undelivered
Mug and for explaining what went wrong. Regards. Order 8102MNR

nicolas51
12/19/18

I placed order on 25th November and still hasn't arrived. This is an Xmas present. Can't get through when call longest I waited was nearly 50 mins. Disgusting service won't be using again

andyb188
12/10/18

Used for years to print out family calendars each year. No problem until this one. Bought credit, used, order cancelled - only found out when I logged onto photobox to check status. Went to support, they said a few photos were poor quality, got credit reinstated. Redid ALL the photos and made sure got the "happy face", ordered again, cancelled without notification again. Now going to request full refund and move to another provider. Feel completely let down, won't get the calendars out to my family this year now on time. Looks like they have gone rogue.

marianneb53
12/6/18

Fantastic calendar and great options for editing the pictures. The negative comments on here are silly!!

karenc612
12/3/18

Ordered 25 prints and a advent calender 3rd of Dec advent calender still not arrived feel totally ripped off. No response to emails I've sent either.I recieved the prints which were ordered 3days after the advent calender Alot of the prints are faulty far to bright and some are unusable for what I wanted has tops of heads are missing really shoddy avoid like the plague I'm reporting this company to trading standards

gordonj18
12/1/18

Attracted by the Black Friday deal of 70% off Photo Calendars I visited the Photobox website. On being unable to find the deal that was advertised I made contact with customer services to seek clarification. The person I communicated with by email was very evasive and avoided providing a direct answer to my query. After 4 emails and doing everything but answering me questions they put a block on my emails. They are very dishonest.

Gordon J

richardb881
11/30/18

I have spent 5 days making an album with 100+ pages. The price was set at x and never changed from day 1. Expensive but fair. Website has worked well and it was a nice present for my folks. Before ordering I contacted the customer service. Next day the price has automatically increased by 30% ........... which is really dumb!!!!!

sharonm475
11/15/18

Every year we order an A3 wall calendar. This year we got the 50% off email and went ahead and ordered a calendar. Today we receive an A4 calendar.......useless. What's the point of using these cowboys!

andrews557
11/8/18

These guys are actually good and the support is fast, the reason for 3 stars is because like all of these print companies their vouchering and marketing is quite dishonest. They email me prices and i see discount codes, but then the discounts arent eligable at the prices they email me, then if i ask live chat to enable the discount, they first double the price, then enable discount codes, so it actually works out costing more than without the voucher. If pricing was more straightforward then I'd have given more stars.

ab331
9/16/18

AVOID! Awful slow website, claims able to upload in bulk but more than 1 or 2 at a time always results in "network error".
Default sets to premium product prints, so overcharges when trying to use credits.
They're expensive enough as it is, lots more much cheaper companies out there that provide a faster and better quality product.
Photobox customer service is also very poor.

helene44
6/15/18

I have called them six times now as part of my order was missing and it still hasn't arrived. Their customer service is a joke. You're on hold for ages and the staff members lie by telling you that items have been sent, when clearly they haven't. They never call you back when they say they will. The people they hire cannot do anything to help. Every query has to be forwarded by email to the 'production office'. I've now been on hold to them now for over half an hour, only to be told that it's '5pm and my query will be dealt with on Monday.' Of course, no managers are available when you want one. Funny that! Avoid this company at all cost.

oksanam9
2/6/18

Great Service! Excellent quality of printing. I am feeling happy that I ordered my lovely desk calendar from Photobox website. Item came on time. Thank you Photobox!

seanj34
1/22/18

This company has gone downhill places order they sent a Comformation that it was would be a certain time so I left work for afternoon to wait in whist I was in my house got an email saying sorry you was not in they pick the courier company Dpd totally idiots. Shocking services now have to take another day off work for some stupid mugs

heleni17
1/14/18

Used to be brilliant but recent order in this year absolutely shocking. Truly awful customer experience as well in trying to deal with the issue.

ron3964
1/3/18

im very disappointed about this web site. i ordered 6 photos and 1 photo book, they promise buy one get one free on everything. i got just 70p off . i was contacted service and they sey its just for items lovest price :)))) and another thing they took twice for delivery. its a good quality pictures, but service is realy poor, fake sales. dont trust them, hopes that can be usefull for somebody

dans242
9/2/17

Placed an order (£215.00) with Photobox (have ordered 20+ times previously). Received an email confirming payment along with an email from PayPal stating payment had been taken. Checked order status 5 days later and shows as cancelled. No notification that order had been cancelled and payment had not been refunded. Phoned to to query only to be told that might have been an issue and all they could do now is refund the payment and have to order again. Order needed to be delivered by Friday 8th September and paid for premium delivery. Earliest delivery date is now 12th September which doesnt work as this was needed for the weekend of 09th September. Customer services offered no resolution other than to refund and have to order again! Shocking.

Response from Photobox H., Photobox Representative
I am so sorry to hear you were so badly let down, I have sent you a private message regarding this so if you could get back to me with your account email address I'll be able to help.

Kind Regards

Kerry - Photobox
kimk99
8/7/17

The company was not rude and did reply to my emails but my photos took ages to upload and then there was huge delays in delivery due to a machine breaking down. I also did not realise the photos were coming from Malaysia (so were never going to arrive within the time frame I expected). When my 200 photos eventually arrived they were dark, grey and unusable. I will NOT be using the voucher codes I was provided with due to the long delay as I cannot use the photos in albums or scrapbooks - they do not reflect the images I uploaded. I do NOT recommend this company - save your TIME and money and get it done right in the first place somewhere else.

farahm6
7/21/17

Ordered a phonebook for my best friends hen party and ensured I bought the express delivery with it so there was no risk of it arriving late. Unfortunately, the delivery address and billing address mysteriously merged together on Photobox's website and the package was held in the depot. I caught this a few days before I needed it, called Photobox and they corrected the address. The day before I needed the package, it still hadn't arrived and the tracking information said the package was going back to Photobox, for no apparent reason. After several calls to Photobox, they were no more than useless claiming they couldn't do anything and took no liability. Thankfully, Boots do the same job for half the price and within 24 hours, so my issue is sorted - so everyone who is reading this, go to Boots! The service is better and cheaper there!

emmaw73
5/11/17

More than half of the my photos arrived fault. They cut the above or the below of the photos absurd. I dont know how this web site has good reviews. Nonsense. Very bad experience. dont recommend them. I understand it is cheap so I wasn't expecting a good quality of the photos itself but I wasnt expecting to receive a bad cut of the printed photos.

lynettec12
5/7/17

I ordered a canvass from Photo Box last week, got it delievered yesterday. Though the service was very quick, the canvass was terrible. It was not crisp it was very blurry and my children's faces and hands on it was orange, what a waste of £30. First and last time I use that company again.

sophiah23
4/25/17

Don't even bother with express delivery.... I paid it for it to arrive on my fiancé birthday and I just kept getting emails saying it's not been processed not even an explanation of why! So frustrating I will never order from them again

helenh82
4/17/17

I've spent many looong hours uploading to this site, then even longer going through each pic individually to check they aren't printing pics wth people's heads cut off (due to their technology not automatically dealing with pics from different sources). There is a shrink to fit option but that leaves 2 white borders on the pic, not attractive. I lost a whole album while transferring it to another, and another album of over 800 pics just dissappeared while I was editing it. Customer service, although responsive, had no answer (luckily I had backup). After years of using photobox, thinking they had best deal (and that the long tedious upload time was normal), i tried jessops. They offered cheap prints on orders of 500, unlike photobox 1500, and had a good deal on. I uploaded and ordered 1000 pics in less than an hour. Their technology is so much better. They print pics from all sources without me having to check each one! Can't believe I wasted so much of my life using photobox!! (This experience was uploading fron harddrive/data sticks. For my mobile pics I might use freeprint app).

I couldn't even leave this review on their site via trust pilot as they require an order number!!

neetam1
3/29/17

I ordered a poster to be delivered to my son's friend for his 21st birthday. I live in Manchester and my son is at university in Cardiff.
I paid £7.99 for express delivery so that he would get the poster in time as I couldn't be there for an important milestone in his life and the poster was my way of being there on the day.
I receive a text and email on the Monday to say my parcel will be delivered on Tuesday so I make arrangements as his friend is in all day only to receive another text on the Tuesday morning to say there's been an issue and it will be delivered on Wednesday. I think fine as his birthday is on Wednesday. I requested for the parcel to be delivered after 12.30pm as his friend will be at uni in the morning. The jobs worth cannot guarantee the delivery time and will not do anything and cancels the order without confirmation with myself. I then eventually get a manager to speak to me after numerous calls who assures me it will be delivered after 12.30pm.
Needless to say I think I've saved the day only to find DPD have delivered in the morning and not only that they have returned my parcel to Photobox. Once I realised they had delivered in the morning I called numerous times leaving messages to speak to a manager but got no return call. Eventually I happen to get hold of the manager I spoke to the day before as she happened to pick up my call. I couldn't continue the conversation as it had upset me so much that I asked for her or someone to call me back the following day.
Once again no phone call came and I had to phone again on Thursday morning. By this time they had already ruined the surprise for my son on the most important day and I was already wound up and upset. No manager called me but they assured me the poster would be re-printed and sent out again on express delivery.
It was the following Monday when someone eventually called me. I was assured it was investigated but all I got was excuses.
Giving me a refund and re-printing and sending the poster out again was no compensation for the heartache that Photobox caused me by not delivering on time. The moment of my son receiving it on time and the pleasure I would have got seeing his face and hearing the excitement on his face when he opened it were all gone and I will never get that back. For an organisation that is in a business where they created lasting memories for people, the service and lack of understanding was appalling. Photobox left me with the worst memories of my son's 21st birthday and I can never get back the day.
No matter how hard I tried to explain what this meant to me all I got quoted by the staff and management there was that there was nothing they could do and that DPD had 1-3 days to deliver and their policies.
I will never use Photobox again and I would seriously urge others not to use them in the future. There is no amount of compensation that will pay for the upset that I felt that day. There are things that management could have done to make sure my son received the poster in time but they didn't want to do anything yet they managed to re-print and deliver in one day when it was too late.

alisond19
12/27/16

I ordered some photos and half of them were terrible quality. Immediately after submitting my order I began getting daily emails. I tried unsubscribing to the mailing list I hadn't wanted to be added to in the first place. By the time my order arrived (there were more pamphlets and promo materials for their services and the services of other companies than my own order) I had blocked the whole domain name. They still show up in my 'Unwanted' folder in my email: I get an email every single damn day.
Spam site disguised as a printing site, just go to Boots.

melaniem54
11/18/16

Don't order or share your details with them! Despite a positive ordering exprience I started receiving offers daily from photobox and despite asking numerous times via various different methods, photobox are still sending me a daily email! Harassment!

Quick to take your money, not so quick to refund it though. Customer service representative was surly and unsympathetic and finally, where is my order? I've been waiting six days now and still not received! Well that's probably because Photobox use Yodel for deliveries who are also thoroughly useless and ineffectual! Will NOT use this company any more. Very bad customer service and attitude. Just an update. I called and emailed this company numerous times because apparently there was a problem with the delivery address. Funny how nobody else has a problem when delivering to the warehouse that I work in. I was told lies by your staff, that I had provided the incorrect delivery address and blamed for the non delivery. THREE TIMES Photobox contacted Yodel to confirm the delivery address and THREE TIMES they called me or emailed me to say that the problem hadn't been resolved. When I dared to complain the man was extremely rude and would not or could not answer my questions and advise when it would be delivered. Apparently they don't know the difference between the billing address and delivery address and delivered to the billing address!!!! The man at Photobox said 'it doesn't matter anyway' and when I told him it did matter he said 'whatever'. This was literally the straw the broke the camels back. I let rip after being spoken to like this. The company employ rude staff that lie and tell you what they THINK you want to hear rather than the simple truth. Because I was so angry with this mans attitude they told me not to call back because I dared to lose my temper and shout at them!!!! They cancelled my order without my knowledge and now they will take 3-5 days to refund me. So THANK YOU PHOTOBOX for ruining my Mothers birthday! Nice one! Expect this review to be plastered all over the internet.

Questions? Get answers from the Photobox staff and other customers.

Photobox?