Photobox

Photobox has a consumer rating of 1.5 stars from 56 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Photobox also ranks 71st among Photo Printing sites. The most common issues with Photobox are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• The customer service was insulting and unprofessional.
  • Placed an order (£215.00) with Photobox (have ordered 20+ times previously).
How would you rate Photobox?

“Great customer service, fixed issue very quickly”

B L.
4/18/19

Bought 2 canvasses from the company and one had some defects. When I contacted them, they immediately got back to me to resolve the problem by sending a new canvas that was absolutely perfect!

“Order delayed beyond all reasonable standard”

Tanya K.
9/4/19

An absolute let down. Despite stating the time of delivery as 30 August, the order has been unreasonably delayed and I am still to receive it, a week later. This was meant to be a birthday gift, and therefore time critical. I rang the customer services every day from the missed deadline and despite promises to escalate my order, nothing was done. As it is, I'm going to my dad's birthday tomorrow empty handed as Photobox did not deliver on time. The other thing you need to be aware of if their customer services have no direct line into their production team, they do not communicate with each other. So if your order is delayed, all that's customer service can do is to write to the production team, who do not reply. To say they've let me down is an understatement.. to cut a long story short, save yourself frazzled nerves and order from a company that actually honours the orders and delivers on time. As most of the orders are gifts and therefore time sensitive items, save yourself the risk of delays, which are rampant with this company from my experience thus far. I for one will not be ordering from them ever again!

customer service (19) order (42) photo book (5) 2 weeks (3)
katiel159
January 12th, 2020
Having ordered a photo book as a gift for my other half I was highly disappointed when firstly it didn't arrive by its promise date. To add injury to insult when it eventually arrived (over a week late) I was mortified to find somebody else's photos had been mixed in with ours!! All I could think was that this must mean somebody else must have our photos!! When I contacted the (apparently no1) customer services it took them nearly a week to respond asking me to send the photobook back for them to investigate... I did this straight away. It took over a week again for them to get back to me with a very none emotional, robotic response to say they would send me another copy out. At no point was any compensation offered nor an apology. I asked for a refund and told them I would be taking my business elsewhere to which they didn't seem to have a care in the world about. Over all, poor response time via customer service, late in delivering, somebody else's photos sent, no apology or compensation offered. VERY POOR!

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all costs!!

ronar6
January 4th, 2020
Ordered Photo book on 19th Dec. Money was taken next day and email sent to say book was being made. It is now 4th Jan book status still shows as PRINTING. Contacted them twice, told my query would be escalated to production department and I would get an email. No email!!!! Customer Service stinks. If they can't produce my book I will be getting my money back as I will be taking them to the Small Claims Court. Wish I had read these reviews before ordering. Warning DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
laurab1328
January 3rd, 2020
Photo book ordered as a Christmas present and never received - absolute joke! Avoid avoid avoid there are much better companies out there!
joannan24
December 23rd, 2019
Poor quality photobooks.
Photoblock never arrived!
After chasing all month for a photoblock I have now given up!!! I've spent hours on the phone being cut off, kept on hold, promised delivery to no avail! The majority of customer service don't speak English which is very annoying and they don't reply to emails. In the end I had to dash down to Mac spielmann, who for the same cost, printed it in better quality and delivered within 24 hours! I will not be shopping with photobox again. This is the second order I have placed with them and the last one wasn't any better as they delivered the order to the wrong address! Absolutely useless!
ap337
December 20th, 2019
When and if your order arrives, the quality of the prints is terrible. Your home printer would do a better job. If they don't arrive, don't expect a response from their customer service, don't expect your photos to ever be sent, or a refund. Don't waste your time or money.
edwardd171
December 20th, 2019
Never ever purchase anything from this company if you want it quickly especially as there is so much choice out there! Ordered an iphone case on 12/12/2019 for a birthday present on 17/12/2019. It is now the 20/12/2019 and still nothing and all customer service say is they do not know where it is and can not chase until it has been 10 working days!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS
sallyb208
December 17th, 2019
I have used photobox for many years without issue. I didn't realise that they had changed courier company. Last night at 11pm after a delay scheduled delivery, they sent an email with a photo of my canvas creation left outside in the pouring rain at my work, which was clearly closed. They parked in the main road and climbed over a barrier to access the nearest building and just left it, I spent the night knowing that it would be soaked and ruined and there is now no time to get it redone before Christmas. I contacted photo only to be told that they are too busy to deal with customer service issues!!
igorm44
December 15th, 2019
Such an annoying company! Keep sending me texts almost every day with their offers! Very annoying!!!
neilj60
December 12th, 2019
Awful, simply awful. Sent incorrect photo, luckily I took screen grabs of the selection and verification process - they still deny they made a mistake. Kept getting random generated customer service emails back - each one sounding more ridiculous than the last as if they did not comprehend what the issue was. Have used before so I know the actual product is good if correct, but god help you if its goes wrong like it has done for me. Avoid - just to be on the safe side.
leel213
December 2nd, 2019
I have used photobox for a few different kind of orders and have always either been underwhelmed or completely disappointed.

Even when giving them one last chance when I recently ordered plain old prints and paid for the premium finish (thinking: how hard can that be to get wrong) even then the quality was so poor that I have not been able to use any of the prints. When I complained I received a very poor response from someone who I doubt finished grade 2. Their awnser to my complaint was that I should reorder and pay again in full to see if the prints came out better.
heatherp310
November 26th, 2019
I recently ordered some prints, got sucked into order 500+ for the cheaper per print price... but I would warn people the quality of Photoox prints is not great. Mine arrived today, some were damaged from the box. Overall the quality was poor with the images appearing blurry/hazey, dark and washed out in terms of colour. My partner and I both have a good camera on our phone so that isn't the issue, the prints just don't look like the digital versions... I had some photos from our previous holiday printed snap fish from the exact same phones and they are much better, sharp, crisp and bright colours. Luckily they did refund me as I wasn't happy but I will be getting new version done with snapfish.
lucyr75
November 11th, 2019
If I could give 0 I would. Ordered a photo book with plenty of time for delivery. Had an email saying it was despatched. Didn't arrive, followed up, told it was still being printed, then told 2 days later myborder had been cancelled and they had just reinstated it giving a delivery date another 2 weeks later. Lies and terrible service and I will never use then again or entrust my memories with them. One special birthday gift that isn't going to happen!
carleef1
October 4th, 2019
If i could give this company no stars i would. They provide timescales on their orders which they clearly cant meet. I placed an order on the 19th September which was for a very special occasion and was advised upon check out of purchase estimated dispatch of 30th September. I paid additional funds for a quick delivery. The order is still showing as being in printing. I have called this company several times since the 30th September and requested to speak to a manager. Apparently this company do not have any managers or senior members of staff........My guess is they do however they have so many disgruntled customers that their managers cant manage the complaint calls. I have been promised call backs three times as complaint raised.....no call back? I have however received their lovely pretext apology .

Dear

Many thanks for getting in touch with PhotoBox, and I'm sorry to learn that it is not under more positive circumstances. I am terribly sorry for the unusually late reply. We are currently experiencing an increased demand for our products and services, and we appreciate your patience.

I am very sorry for the problems you have faced with the order of your book

Please accept my apologies for all of this frustrating situation. As our products are so highly personalised, we are working with estimated dispatch dates in the production of our customer orders.

In the meantime, I can confirm that your book is still in printing and will be leaving our production factory as soon as possible pending final manufacturing and quality control.I am afraid that the production site has experienced some delays unfortunately and I am deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

I have already made a request to the production team so it can be dispatched as soon as possible as a priority.

As soon as the book will be dispatched you will also be notified and I would kindly advise you to check the status of your order under 'My recent orders' in your Photobox account.

We're sorry to have let you down with the delay that, on this occasion, has exceeded our original estimations.

As I can see the advisor has placed a refund of the delivery charges back into your original method of payment. Please allow up to 3-5 working days for this to be active in your account.

I hope this makes sense, Many thanks for your time and custom. I'm very sorry again for the disappointment caused here, and trust that you will be happy with the new order as soon as it arrives.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further assistance.

How many times can a company use the word sorry? Are you sorry Photobox? Birthday surprise gift is now a distant memory.
Company claims: " Top 50 Call Centre for Customer Service"
What a joke, unable to speak to anyone that is able to provide me with an actual date of dispatch. Shame on you!
jonc220
October 2nd, 2019
Ordered and paid £15 extra to get delivery in 2 weeks as it was a 60th birthday present. That was 3 weeks ago and still nothing has arrived. After 9 emails, 2 Facebook messages and about 50 negative Facebook comments, I was finally offered a refund as they still can't supply a delivery date. Avoid like the plague, they are useless.
tanyak74
September 4th, 2019
clairec139
July 25th, 2019
I ordered a calendar, we'd just lost one of our dogs so I thought I'd get a calendar done for a Christmas present of all our dogs for my parents. It came through the post, I was excited to see my creation, only to see blank pages! Some photos were there, some not! I was livid. I sent them an email asking doesn't your quality control check these things?! On the app, all photos were present, so I don't understand why this happened. If quality control had seen this then why didn't they email me to edit the calendar?! They apparently have this policy that they can't amend it or refund! Absolutely ridiculous! I will never use Photobox again or Moonpig! I was going to get a canvas done but I'll use another company for that, as well as doing yet another calendar! £15 completely wasted, I might as well have just ripped that money up! Awful company.
sp166
July 5th, 2019
I ordered a 30x30cm Aluminium mount wall art for my fathers photo. I selected fit to frame while editing. The photo filled the whole area with no margins, I saved the creation and submitted the order. I can also see my creation thumbnail on the order page. Today, I received the order and I have to say that I am very disappointing. The photo has not filled the whole area. A smaller photo is printed on white background and much of the area is wasted round it. This is not what I created. This is just waste of money for poor standard work. The photo print quality is very light with dull colours. A 5p tesco print quality is better than theirs. If I see this result on my final page, I won't order this at all. I contacted lady called Orgest on their live chat today. She said that they can see the photo the same way they printed on their side and blaming me for the order. They are not admitting their fault and punishing the customer..Beware don't buy from them
bradleyl45
April 18th, 2019
Bought 2 canvasses from the company and one had some defects.
shant10
March 31st, 2019
Ordered 2 canvases. They sent as 2 shipments. One arrived the day after the INITIAL estimated/expected delivery date which was said to be 28th when I ordered, updated to 29th when they dispatched the items (was still in time for Mother's Day so that was perfectly fine.) The second canvas/parcel was only just now listed as received by Hermes 10 minutes ago (today is Mother's Day.)

Customer service are pathetic. Called Photobox yesterday (Saturday) and was told that Hermes haven't been updating their tracking system for the past 4 days, which isn't true as my first parcel arrived the day before and the tracking was working fine. I assume they didn't realise/listen when I said I had received one of my parcels, so they would think I didn't know that the tracking was actually working. Was then told I have to wait until Tuesday before they can declare the parcel as lost. Was also told I'd get the delivery refunded since it hasn't arrived in time. Haven't received said refund. Either customer service are ill informed or they just lie to customers to keep them happy.

Unless they actually refund me the delivery, as they said they would, and reimburse me further for their mess up then I, my family or my friends will not be ordering from Photobox again and will go elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Don't use to purchase anything within the week or two of a holiday (Mother's Day, Father's Day, Easter etc) as it's a gamble whether it will arrive at all, never mind in time.

karlg49
March 31st, 2019
Ordered a gift with a mother's day delivery promise, phoned the office on Friday to be told it will definitely be here by Saturday. The tracking app says hermes still haven't received the parcel from photo box. I'll be getting a full refund and going elsewhere.
sejals2
March 20th, 2019
Pathetic and unbelievable - no respect for customers
If I say customer service is pathetic then it will be an understatement. I wish I could rate this company with less than 1 star.
I ordered 2 calenders on 1st of January one delivery for India another to Dubai. It was a gift to my family - photos of my newborn girl whom they havent met yet. Its been nearly 3 months but none of the parcels have been delivered yet.

When I contacted customer service first on 14th January via web chat I was made feel that it was my fault to place an order. The customer service girl was so rude, she asked why am I contacting in 14 days when its approximately 15 days?

I contacted them again on 19th via phone but they still didnt have any answer where the orders were. The lady I spoke to said she will reprint calenders and send special delivery. They used DHL who also didnt deliver any parcels. With Dubai order DHL asked 180 Dirham and when recipeint refused they just put a randon signature and said it was delivered.
With Indian order they have been holding the parcel for more than a for a month now.
Recipeint has been contacting them every day but they are so unhelpful. They kept on asking recipient for so many varifications for 3 weeks and after that said now they need sender's documents. Finally after so many calls messages to photobox they agreed to deliver but asked for £12.50 delivery and custom charges.

In february one of the manager called me after numerous call back requests. He reodered calender 3rd time and sent it via normal delivery but that too hasnt been delivered yet.

I call Photobox nearly every week for an update and every week I get a promise to sort things out but nothing happnes. Noone bothers to call back or look into the matter.

The calender has my new born girls photos and not sure what is happening with them. Really strange that company can not deliver simple item like a calender that too after trying 3 times. I am so paranoid and will never ever use this company again.

I would advise all who use this company after seeing promotional ads on Facebook please be careful.
joanh167
January 5th, 2019
Thank you kelly for sorting my undelivered
Mug and for explaining what went wrong. Regards. Order 8102MNR
nicolas51
December 19th, 2018
I placed order on 25th November and still hasn't arrived. This is an Xmas present. Can't get through when call longest I waited was nearly 50 mins. Disgusting service won't be using again
andyb188
December 10th, 2018
Used for years to print out family calendars each year. No problem until this one. Bought credit, used, order cancelled - only found out when I logged onto photobox to check status. Went to support, they said a few photos were poor quality, got credit reinstated. Redid ALL the photos and made sure got the "happy face", ordered again, cancelled without notification again. Now going to request full refund and move to another provider. Feel completely let down, won't get the calendars out to my family this year now on time. Looks like they have gone rogue.
marianneb53
December 6th, 2018
Fantastic calendar and great options for editing the pictures. The negative comments on here are silly!!

Quick to take your money, not so quick to refund it though. customer service representative was surly and unsympathetic and finally, where is my order? i've been waiting six days now and still not received! well that's probably because photobox use yodel for deliveries who are also thoroughly useless and ineffectual! will not use this company any more. very bad customer service and attitude. just an update. i called and emailed this company numerous times because apparently there was a problem with the delivery address. funny how nobody else has a problem when delivering to the warehouse that i work in. i was told lies by your staff, that i had provided the incorrect delivery address and blamed for the non delivery. three times photobox contacted yodel to confirm the delivery address and three times they called me or emailed me to say that the problem hadn't been resolved. when i dared to complain the man was extremely rude and would not or could not answer my questions and advise when it would be delivered. apparently they don't know the difference between the billing address and delivery address and delivered to the billing address!!!! the man at photobox said 'it doesn't matter anyway' and when i told him it did matter he said 'whatever'. this was literally the straw the broke the camels back. i let rip after being spoken to like this. the company employ rude staff that lie and tell you what they think you want to hear rather than the simple truth. because i was so angry with this mans attitude they told me not to call back because i dared to lose my temper and shout at them!!!! they cancelled my order without my knowledge and now they will take 3-5 days to refund me. so thank you photobox for ruining my mothers birthday! nice one! expect this review to be plastered all over the internet.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Photobox staff and other customers.

Shoot, print, create and give! Develop your photos or create a masterpiece with PhotoBox, the photo specialists. Prints, Canvases, Mugs, Photobooks and more...

kerryl45
Photobox H.
Customer service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Photobox?

Have a question about Photobox?