Photobox

Trustpilot
4.5 / 5
Reviews.io
2.4 / 5

Photobox has a consumer rating of 1.49 stars from 142 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Photobox most frequently mention customer service, next day and poor quality problems. Photobox ranks 91st among Photo Printing sites.

No positive highlights yet

• After a month of being fobbed off by their customer service I had to raise a PayPal dispute.
How would you rate Photobox?

“Perfectly good company”

Mohammed K.
4/29/20

Pretty shocked at the poor reviews on this website. I have used them for over a decade, making 2-3 albums a year from them. Wait for when their special offers come around which do so very often - you should never pay more than £40 - £50 for a 100 page A4 personalised photobook. The software I have got used to... it can be frustrating, but once you know its nuances, you get used to it - that said, it has all changed for 2020! The final product is excellent, production and delivery quick, and customer service ok, especially on the live assistant.

“Rude & patronising.”

Barbara A.
7/21/21

Somebody should explain what ‘customer service means'. It does not mean talking down to your customers! Purchased a 1000 jigsaw of train network map for my 5 year old grandson. First order: station names blurry and unreadable. Second one was readable, but margins, which amounted to a third of the map simply cut off. The last time I contacted Customer services to complaint their response was to be patronising and rude. My response ‘did' they think talking down to their customers acceptable? Since then no reply, no refund, no apology. Photobox unethical and unprofessional. Tried to upload image and receipt without success unfortunately.

customer service (38)
barbaraa1045
July 21st, 2021

ronniec109
December 16th, 2020

I ordered a 1000 piece puzzle from this company with a photo of my partner and my dog on it for a small stocking filler for Christmas. I received a 24 piece puzzle with a picture of some random bloke and kid on the beach. Add to that the fact it was the poorest quality and cost £ 30. Stay well away from these thieves. If it was possible I wouldnt even rate them 1 star.

ritas327
October 20th, 2020

I spent hours creating a photobook for my son's 21st and paid for the express delivery option which photobox have chosen to ignore. The book is still in printing status and my son's birthday was yesterday, I would not have ordered from them if there website was honest about lead times.

When I rang customer service on the alleged day of delivery they were insincere and unhelpful.

Look for another company I'm sure they are many, wish I'd done my research.

nicog11
October 11th, 2020

Not only do they advertise next day delivery that doesn't arrive for at least 2 days but they also cut heads off photos. I specifically places the photos perfectly and for them to charge £12 for next day delivery that took 2 days and to cut heads off photos is unacceptable. I feel like I've been scammed. They've asked me to return the canvas for a refund (not sure why they want it back to be honest). They should have corrected it and sent a new one that matches how I put it on the website. Will never use them again

rono109
December 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

Ordered a photo block, horrible finish on it an very poor quality.
Have tried contacting them on all social media apps.
No customer service

raymondr197
May 25th, 2020

Sent a photo of our black Labrador with him sitting on a tree stump, 1000 piece jigsaw thought this would be great for us all to do, the picture I sent was crystal clear, on receiving the jigsaw nothing was in focus and our black lab, was more blue, absolutely gutted expected better for what I paid. Wish I could of attached a completed picture, but sadly that's never going to happen. R Roberts.

benc1034
December 21st, 2021

Absolutely the worst product I have ever received. Picture was at a skewed angle on the frame and was over one side and not to edge on other side. Print quality was awful. Telephoned them but they refused to look into it or offer a replacement.

Avoid this business

Framed canvas print

glendaf70
November 30th, 2021
Verified purchase

They have NO idea of what they do. Not clear where they are based. Items lost, shameful and not professional customer service. AVOID.
And yes, genuine review, here my tracking number to NOWHERE as they don't even know the name of the courier. UX024836671FR

Products used:
none. the item never arrived

antonyh25
March 20th, 2021

Difficult process and poor service
I decided to have a canvas created of our Dachshund when he was a puppy for my partner on mother's day. I chose photobox and began the process. I am reasonably okay with tech but struggled with the site where it was impossible to place my picture where I wanted it without cropping my dogs head, ears, feet etc. I accepted an image to check how it would look and it looked fine so I ordered it. When the item arrived I was surprised to see parts of the head ears and feet etc all chopped. I complained to photobox attaching pictures of what I wanted and what I got. After taking an unreasonably long time to respond they basically said that it was my fault and they were not prepared to do anything.

Tip for consumers:
Its very complicated and I could not obtain the image I wanted

Printed canvas

carlc261
August 12th, 2020

I wanted to print 6,000 photos. The pop up chat couldn't give me bulk price or inform me as to how long the archival life of their photos was and pointed me towards the bulk discount email. After three emails over a week and a half requesting a price I received no replies, I attempted a phone call at 4:450pm but was told that the phone lines were now closed for the day! It just all seems very odd! I think I will go elsewhere!

oksanam9
February 6th, 2018

Great Service! Excellent quality of printing. I am feeling happy that I ordered my lovely desk calendar from Photobox website. Item came on time. Thank you Photobox!

susand214
February 1st, 2021

Really bad quality, some had heads missing, cropped incorrectly, terrible colour, out of focus and awful customer service. I always use FreePrints and have NO problems at all. Excellent quality every time. Will never use photobox again.

Tip for consumers:
If you want a complete load of rubbish, this is the company for you... PHOTOBOX

Products used:
Went to Free Prints instead, so much better.

meghanc68
April 28th, 2020

This is a terrible company to deal with. Order placed and never sent, no follow up email to explain order delays. When contacted they couldn't provide me with a dispatch date for my order and expected me to wait for an unspecified amount of time to receive the goods I had paid for over a month ago. Terrible company - avoid at all costs... Snapfish much better to deal with

arit10
June 10th, 2020

Placed an order 18th April.
Received an email to say order has been dispatched and will be delivered 13th May. Waited another week as I understand current situation could cause further delays.
Still no parcel!
3 x emails later to Photobox and not even a single reply or acknowledgment yet.
Terrible customer service from what is supposed to be a reputable company. Can't believe they have nor even replied back.
Probably will never get my delivery or my money back.
Would not recommend as you maybe just
Giving your money away and getting nothing in return..

mareef6
June 6th, 2021

Spent weeks compiling a photo book for my son's 21st. Ordered in plenty of time. Did not arrive at all. Still waiting. A very difficult company to discover how to communicate with. Only through my own investigation did I discover that it had been returned to sender on two occasions by Chronopost, insufficient packaging the first time and the second, address illegible. This time according to parcel tracking it's stuck in "no man's land" and its status hasn't changed for days. Have been promised various things as goodwill gestures but I want my photo book. So very disappointed to say the least.

elizabethf1294
August 28th, 2021

Size of jigsaw not appropriate. Ordered 49 piece for a child and received pieces same size as a 300 piece jigsaw. Too tiny for a child to do. I emailed and said according to a box I have from yourselves that shows the jigsaw size I have the 300 piece size, not 49. They argued this then eventually refunded the jigsaw price (I asked for a bigger size but they wouldn't do it) but I paid £6.99 for postage that wasn't refunded. So jigsaw in bin and out of pocket. Disgraceful company.

soa5
August 27th, 2021

Placed order on August 4th. After 5 phone calls and three attempts by them to reprint I still have no photo book! Utterly hopeless. Nothing Customer Services can do but 'raise a request with the printing team' which they seem to do each time I call but never get a response from that team so nothing ever gets printed. At one point was told that I 'was not alone' in having this issue and suspect they are having issues with photo books across the board. I would not use them it takes a long time on your part to produce a photo book so when they are incapable of printing it then you will just become and upset and frustrated like I have

Tip for consumers:
Do not use for photo books. They seem to struggle to print them and you cannot get any help from customer services

Products used:
Still not sent me anything

lorrainew187
July 27th, 2021

I ordered 82 prints from PhotoBox having used them before with no issues at a cost of £18 including delivery. The majority of prints that arrived were blurry and they took longer than usual to arrive. I emailed them and photographed the worst ones and requested the "guaranteed 110% refund". They informed me that the prints were of "medium quality" and therefore as it was not a production issue they could not refund or send reprints. They then went on to say they had placed the prints in my basket so I could check them myself. I looked at them in the basket and they had placed symbols with "medium" or "high quality image"beside each one. Interestingly two of the absolute worst quality prints had the symbol "high quality image" next to it. Explain that photobox? I ordered the same prints from the freeprints app for much cheaper, they arrived within 48 hours and were of excellent quality. Oh I should say that in the email they offered me £8 credit note to spend with them in the future. Needless to say, I will not be using PhotoBox again, not because of the poor prints but because they would not accept responsibility and they were caught out trying to fob me off.

janetw710
February 16th, 2021

They've updated the photobox program (their contract with google has expired or something). It will now take literally 2x as long to do my books... you can't put text with paragraph spaces so every time you want a new block, you have to create a new text block. You can't have pages with just text (unless you
And WORSE, I spent MONTHS creating a cookbook for my children and friends. I've been told I can't edit it. I personalize each one. I have ordered 14 of them (160 pages each) and planned on ordering at least another 20 over time but now it's all in the garbage. I have been a loyal customer since they started photobox making many books a year and now it's just garbage.

Tip for consumers:
Don't use it ... since the new upgrade it's horrible

Products used:
Photobooks and photos and canvases and cards

katherineg218
December 18th, 2020

Very disappointed after spending a lot of time preparing a photobook for a special occasion, paid for express delivery, item has not arrived. Got an email to say it was on its way, but when I called they said it's still being printed - meaning I had no notice to sort this out before the event. Gutted, will never use this company again.

matthewb1000
January 30th, 2021

Terrible service. I ordered four large aluminium wall arts as a christmas present. When we went to mount them we found three couldn't be mounted. The two portrait images could only be mounted on their side and one of the landscape prints could only be mounted upsidedown. After a month of being fobbed off by their customer service I had to raise a PayPal dispute. Finally several weeks after that the only resolution I am offered is to return the prints at my expense for a refund. Basically I am paying to store their mistakes for just over a month and I have failed to give someone a christmas present. I wish we could give negative stars. I will go to a proper company next time.

Don't bother

Wall art

jamest1183
July 16th, 2020

Ordered prints in late June - estimated dispatch date was 3rd July. Sitting here today on 16th July and still not received. Spoke to customer service who that they're 'experiencing 14 day delays from estimated dispatch date' and not to contact them until 23rd July. I told them that 3 + 14 = 18? To which they said we don't include weekends in that number? What logic is this? Still not received my prints. HAD TO ORDER FROM ANOTHER COMPANY AND LOST THE MONEY. AVOID AVOID AVOID

carolinem285
December 23rd, 2020

Item overdue by 5 days. Photobox blamed Hermes. Hermes saying they've never received item. Told by Photobox to phone on Christmas Eve if still missing did a refund Item was from grandchildren to someone who has been isolating for most of the year- absolutely rubbish!

karend1419
June 14th, 2021

I received my photos of a memorable day out with my family to find on opening them all they had been sent to me with heads missing and some pics with a person cut off only half their body showing in the photo. I have contacted photobox through their website and have still not reci4ved a reply or acknowledgement. I would never use them again.

Dont

Photos

ronar6
January 4th, 2020

Ordered Photo book on 19th Dec. Money was taken next day and email sent to say book was being made. It is now 4th Jan book status still shows as PRINTING. Contacted them twice, told my query would be escalated to production department and I would get an email. No email! Customer Service stinks. If they can't produce my book I will be getting my money back as I will be taking them to the Small Claims Court. Wish I had read these reviews before ordering. Warning DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Quick to take your money, not so quick to refund it though. customer service representative was surly and unsympathetic and finally, where is my order? i've been waiting six days now and still not received! well that's probably because photobox use yodel for deliveries who are also thoroughly useless and ineffectual! will not use this company any more. very bad customer service and attitude. just an update. i called and emailed this company numerous times because apparently there was a problem with the delivery address. funny how nobody else has a problem when delivering to the warehouse that i work in. i was told lies by your staff, that i had provided the incorrect delivery address and blamed for the non delivery. three times photobox contacted yodel to confirm the delivery address and three times they called me or emailed me to say that the problem hadn't been resolved. when i dared to complain the man was extremely rude and would not or could not answer my questions and advise when it would be delivered. apparently they don't know the difference between the billing address and delivery address and delivered to the billing address!!!! the man at photobox said 'it doesn't matter anyway' and when i told him it did matter he said 'whatever'. this was literally the straw the broke the camels back. i let rip after being spoken to like this. the company employ rude staff that lie and tell you what they think you want to hear rather than the simple truth. because i was so angry with this mans attitude they told me not to call back because i dared to lose my temper and shout at them!!!! they cancelled my order without my knowledge and now they will take 3-5 days to refund me. so thank you photobox for ruining my mothers birthday! nice one! expect this review to be plastered all over the internet.

Same here with Grandparents Christmas present- of all years to have to hand over an IOU! Will use a more reputable company on future.

By Caroline M.

You may choose 5cm x 5cm (Medium) or 7cm x 7cm (Large)

By Lee S.

They weren't especially strong magnets. I think more for decoration vs function, they might hold a light piece of paper.

By Stephanie S.

Not sure I only used when I had a 4. I thought it was good quality though.

By Stephanie S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Photobox staff and other customers.

Shoot, print, create and give! Develop your photos or create a masterpiece with PhotoBox, the photo specialists. Prints, Canvases, Mugs, Photobooks and more...

kerryl45
Photobox H.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Photobox?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.5
Have a question about Photobox?