Publishers Clearing House (PCH) reviews

privacychoices@pch.com

50 reviews with 2 stars

kevinw417
3/17/19

Publishers Clearing House (PCH) Makes you purchase items. I decided to not buy any items from the pictures of items they sent me. I still entered the contest to win $5000 a week for life. PCH sent me back a letter telling me I had to buy something to be entered into the drawing even though they say in writing you don't need to purchase to enter. I felt like I had to purchase in order for a chance to win. Then they tried to make me pay in full online even though they said pay in monthly installment's. I ignored the email and they went ahead and sent my package to me. Two items plus shipping was $40 and $10 was just for shipping. They have a website to go on for me to make my first installment.
I was late making the first payment and PCH sent out a letter three weeks later demanding full payment. I never wanted what I was forced to purchase and was afraid if I sent back the items they would not enter me into the contest. I learned my lesson. PCH uses get rich schemes in order to make a profit. I knew better but PCH kept sending me letter after letter saying I was in the process of winning.

markh782
2/15/19

It's a never ending cycle of emails and games that gives you tokens for prizes that I don't think really exist...just to finally get you to order something for more than its worth....And then charge you shipping on top of that which is really what the item is worth..You pay about 3-5 times what something is worth..I ordered suspenders because I have no butt to hold my pants up and I'm not a gangsta so I don't purposely show my ASS. The suspenders are of good quality and made in the USA..but the elevated shipping costs made them costs Twice what I bought a even better set at Ace Hardware..And I was only given a choice of paying the entire bill, What happened to the 5 payments of What the $#*! ever..

billc366
1/10/19

The tokens that you earn are worthless. PCH uses the word redeem. In order to be redeemed in the correct meaning of the term they must be exchanged for goods or services. A chance in some undefined sweepstakes does not qualify as either.

This is another example of how PCH holds out false hope. They have sunk to a new low with these tokens.

harryh113
10/2/18

Games that state you are incomplete, but they will not open because they are frozen at the other end which results in only a few with the option of completing.

toddc130
8/17/18

I have received a final step notice almost a dozen times...
Even got one in the mail !!!
Publishers Clearing House seems not to know that the word final means there is only one of them...
Does anyone really complete an entry if the final step is not final?
I understand that selling Dollar Store stuff for $11.96 frees up profit for prizes.
And then add a minimum of $5.00-$10.00 for shipping of course...
Where else Would they get the funds to pretend to give money away...
All that does seem to pencil out just fine for PCH,But the final step is still required to happen only once... It is a final step!!!!!
To require more than one final step is nothing short of a lie and contradiction of yourself...

donnac207
12/30/17

I had over 128 million tokens to enter for car prize., which gave me over 2 thousand + entries to win.. Has anyone actually won a prize? I think everybody has gotten a $10 check to make it look like you won but it's just something to keep you playing.

carolc158
12/17/17

I bought several items as I was entering contest because I was overwhelmed with requests to purchase. Every item I ordered and bought were of poor quality, dollar store cheaply made, most didn't work right or broke within weeks. Won't buy anything again

jonnies7
12/15/17

I have been a member of pch since 2011 really before that I use to get a lot of mail and emails but for at least 6 or 8 months nothing. What happened?

vanessaw50
9/14/17

It's not right to let a person think thay are going to win some thing and that person dont, i all ready dont have nothin so why make me feel like i could when you already no who you want to win

deba46
9/3/17

I have received soooo many final steps and last chances that it's a spam. I have played through the mail for 50 years, never one. Online, same thing.

tamie17
8/19/17

I'm beginning to wonder if there's really anything to win with these big PCH payouts because I have been entering their contests fir at least 40 years and haven't won anything.

rogerb98
7/28/17

Cheap overpriced goods with dozens of repeated offers and getting same almost daily implying that purchase is not necessary to enter sweepstakes .... big "come on" and a waste of time. should contact to have my address removed from their system.

janets142
7/26/17

I'm glad that I found this site and have had an opportunity to read similar complaints about PCH. Putting the technical difficulties aside for now, I've been playing these games for five or six years and have accumulated nearly 6 million tokens. You'd think that after playing literally thousands of games during this time, I would have won at least one $10 prize by now for my efforts -- nope. The site is obviously intended primarily to encourage the purchase of their direct marketing products. I have bought many of these products over the years and have usually been reasonably happy with my purchases; however, the shipping/handling fees are outrageously high and have discouraged me from making any additional purchases in the future. In general, PCH seems to be somewhat ethically challenged. A review of Wikipedia's reports of PCH's many lawsuits, government regulation violations, and its reputation as a junk mail producer. I originally searched for this site because of constant technical difficulties at PCH with the scratcher and instant win games, but I'm starting to realize that these complaints represent only a very small part of the overall problems associated with doing business with PCH. And by the way -- don't bother complaining to PCH if you're frustrated by these technical issues. They didn't even respond to my last email to customer service and my prior complaint was met by a request that I place a phone call. Yeah, that's just what I need; to spend half my afternoon on hold with tech support, especially since I've already reported this issue several times in the past.

cathyd49
7/23/17

IT TAKES HOURS TO ENTER AND COMPLETE ALL THE GAMES. EVERY GAME HAS WAY TO MANY SPONSOR ADVERTISEMENTS. YOU NEVER HEAR OF PEOPLE WINNING THE HOUSE, THE CAR, THE SPA, NOT A THING. NO MATER HOW MANY TOKENS YOU EARN, YOU DON'T WIN ANYTHING. I REMEMBER ONE WINNER STATED THAT SHE ONLY PLAYED THE GAMES ONE TIME AND WAS A BIG WINNER, THAT'S NOT LUCK WHEN SOME OF US PLAY EVERYDAY. I'M STARTING TO HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS MYSELF ABOUT PCH GAMES. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR YEARS. LET'S ALL BE REAL.. WITH TODAYS ECONOMY WHAT IS A 5,10 AND TWENTY DOLLAR GIVE AWAY....

elissam4
7/22/17

I thought on any publish clearing house winning of any prize you pay nothing no shipping or handling is that not true now that is what makes y'all different and we know it ain't fraud cause y'all say it cost zero

karenc236
7/2/17

Read your review and 5 stars. Come to find out that the number you had that won (??) was the same number that I had and have been entering with for the last 6 months. If they are giving the same number to multiple people, sure sounds like a scam to me!

karenl188
4/17/17

I am so disappointed as it takes too long to finish a tab of scratch offs and they don't load properly and they have double trying to load pages and hang up for too long doing that....What happened too many pages behind it trying to get my information or what?

tommyn11
2/9/17

I started entering to win back in December and every day since then it's been you have to play this to confirm this or search this to confirm that entering is never complete I have racked up 1.5mill tokens &I have put them all on prizes too never hear nothing else about it just that someone else had won it.

ronm109
9/29/16

It shouldn't take a month for a package to get here. I'm even in the same state. I don't order much because of it since it is a good way to miss birthdays/holidays/special occasions.
Very disappointing and uncalled for.

christineb99
9/28/16

Since the ads have tripled in the amount of time, I find it's just a matter of time I will no longer have the time to use the PCH site. I was able to complete in 1- 1/2, but I now need 3 hours.
Also, I'm unable to play this version of blackjack. It's too confusing.
The PCH.com slots is very boring, and it's not a " tournament." The total score amount, is always below 160.
I was contacted several times to trade tokens for prizes. When I spent huge $millions amounts of my tokens, to get the opportunity to win prizes, I didn't win, but the worst thing that happened, which I didn't know, was all the millions of tokens were removed, leaving a very small amount, not enabling to do any trading!

denisel45
7/10/16

I have been faithfully playing all of the games every day for years, winning tokens. And for what? I also of course enter to win the big prize of $5,000 a week, faithfully send in these these entries every single day. There is no way possible with the amount of tokens that I spend that I haven't won the items that I've bid on. This absolutely HAS to ne a SCAM!!! I have played the games and sent in my entries for YEARS on.a daily basis. Bid in prizes for years.... and nothing??? Come on now.

raymad
6/6/16

Loyalty obviously means nothing to PCH. All too often, the Search and Win program resets itself back to "wow, look at you - you get 5000 points for your first search" when it's possible to go back and show the search for the previous day awarded 25,000. Talking to one of their representatives does no good. "Let me check into that for you and if we can prove you did search yesterday, we "might" be able to restore your points. Why? The system is apparently broken. When asked what browser I use and I told them Chrome 10, I was told they haven't yet upgraded their own programming to accommodate 10 because so many people are "really old" and don't use newer technology. I've been using computers since before they invented the internet so I'm one of those old people. What they don't understand is that old doesn't make you stupid! This used to be a fun diversion - I realize I will never win anything - but the consistent glitches are getting old fast. It's broken PCH - please repair it.

jime45
5/14/16

First off, PCH exists to sell stuff. Or rather, to hook up a zillion consumers with a million brands. PCH has no interest in giving stuff away: the games and contests (including the "sweepstakes" that you've already won) are click-bait to get you into the system, nothing more. There are no prizes.

But even if they were the Santa Claus they say they are, you stand a five times greater chance of dying before you finish reading this sentence than you do of winning. You can think positive all you like, but they prey on people who do not understand statistics.

Get a job, work hard, and don't live on foolish dreams of easy money. Read to your kids, use good grammar and groom yourself well. Use birth control. Use alcohol and other drugs judiciously or not at all. That's your best chance of success, and actually statistically will make you wealthier. This is your life. Get used to it.

charliew24
4/15/16

have junk 2 sell !!

syntoi
3/14/16

why amazon redeem still pending?

Probably but we keep playing as the games do give us something to do. Wouldn't bet on a big win however.

By Chuck P.

Oh this is big time scam. Like I said in my review we put to much time into this wack company that when see anything about money we think it's them. Nobody ever wins there special early look prizes unless it's a guaranteed giveaway.

By Matt S.

Well, and just as I expected, the October 23 "special early look" did NOT result in the "mega prize" being awarded. Surprise, surprise! I saw that they immediately started advertising on TV their next "mega prize" (what is it now? $5000 a week for life? Bet they don't award that one, either!) Just a scam to drum up sales to weak-minded people who actually think they have a snowball's chance in you-know-where to win anything at odds of almost 2 billion to one. A total fraud!

By Viktoria I.

For the most part it's all a bunch of BS to get people to make a purchase.

By John D.

I didn't know this but it makes sense as there is nothing to it but the same thing day after day. PCH has gone downhill with games, lately, as even the daily puzzles, now, just drag and are hard to move the pieces. Too many puzzles and probably too many people playing, Also same thing, every day and are only for fun to kill time with. Maybe, now, they are just not monitoring the sites to see their problems. Bingo, no great loss.

By Jeanne D.

Am I still in the running for PCH's $7,000.00 a week win Thanks hoping for good news. My computer was down for two days. Does this disqualify me

By Frances T.

By Przemyslaw W.

It is all rigged! They want to draw you in, and promise you that you are the next big winner. It is all a waste of time in my opinion.

By Angela M.

"PCH is real whether you want to believe or not. I never have won yet but my friend has and others that she knows have won money and on won 1,000,000.00" -Bredna Nonsense. You must work for PCH or something, Bredna. And did you mispell your so called own name lol? Supposed to be "Brenda?" I suppose it's possible that is your name but what I find nearly impossible to believe is that you have a friend who won and it just so happens that your friend who won also knows others who won and even won 1,000,000.00? I mean what are the odds of THAT? Knock it off.

By RandomlyHiccupping B.

It would not let me play or sign in so I gave up

By Richard V.
Questions? Get answers from the Publishers Clearing House (PCH) staff and other customers.

11 Photos for Publishers Clearing House (PCH)

Publishers Clearing House (PCH)?