Review of PC-Canada.com

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 1.800.556.1971

tomr333
4/4/19

(Not the only person they've done this to, look at other reviews and sites) - They advertise a product on sale for amazing price, you order it (says in-stock), only to follow up with a backorder email. No big deal, but when it finally "comes back in stock" they tell you that you owe more because the promotion is over... WOW! They don't honour the original sale prices at time of ordering, they lie about their stock, and they try to solicit more for the item you already made the sale on. Illegal, unethical, immoral... in my case, after I refused to pay the additional 50% increase in price they abruptly cancelled my order and that was the end of them responding...

mikew565
3/11/19

I would give zero stars if I could. read terrible reviews of this site online before purchasing but the price was good so I gave them a chance. As many reviews have stated, you place the purchase on the website at a given price, only to have PC-Canada.com come back and tell you the price is substantilly higher once they have taken your payment info. I ordered a gaming headset for $104, they contact me in the morning saying they had incorrect information on the payment so i phoned them to verify, then later in the day I get an email saying the promotional price is over and the headset it $194. Looks like all the bad reviews on other sites are justified. Stay away!!!

eugenr
12/1/18

I have ordered a laptop that was showing only 1 left in stock.
It was sent same day, received following day.

Coming from a bad experience with Fleet Network Canada where ordered same item and never heard back from them, pc-canada.com exceeded expectation.

elaines92
4/27/18

First they deceived me about when to expect the product. They then forgot to bill me until a month after receiving it. I received a tracking notice also a month later, leading me to think they used my credit card for another purchase that I didnt make. This led to much stress and calls to my Visa, e-mails to the company, a chat with the company and research to find upper management. The latter never bothered replying to me. I went to BBB and they admitted fault but took no responsibility for all the stress and worked they caused. Avoid this lousy company whenever possible.

UPDATE TO RESPOND TO THE COMPANY'S COMMENT:

First, their customer service told me it WON'T take longer than 2 weeks. I said it seems it would but they assured me that despite it saying out of stock, it WOULD be delivered within 2 weeks. I have an e-mail to prove that. As far as getting an item 4 weeks "free", that's a laugh. Perhaps all companies should send things out and not bill for them until 6 months later and call it FREE, and then bill you when you forgot all about it. The company left out that i got a SHIPPING NOTICE of something shipped a month AFTER I received the item. THAT is what scared me into thinking they sent something else and led to my having to do calls to my credit card company and e-mails and chat with PC-Canada (no calls were made to them). They admitted fault but no compensation. There was NO verbal apology, that's a lie. BBB DIDN'T close it due to being satisfied. Their procedure is to let the company give their final solution which in this case was to do nothing,and then close a case. They explained to me they can't make a company do the right thing, like in this case.

The bottom line is that PC-Canada forgot to bill me and I didn't realize they hadn't. I WASN'T looking to get an item free. I buy things all the time and the companies do a proper job. unlike PC-Canada, and bill on a timely basis. Instead of PC-Canada spotting their error and writing me to apologize and explaining, they sent me a shipping notice and left me worried and having to get to the bottom of what happened. That is how I found out NOT by them apologizing and writing me. They are a company that doesn't care about their customers. That is why upper management never replied to my e-mails. They care about public venues like this one because they are concerned that my warnings will affect their bottom line. My hope is that it will because it should.

Response from Cathy T., PC-Canada.com Representative
To clarify, we provided an ETA = "Estimated" time of arrival (to our warehouse) of 2 weeks but it ended up being 3. This is why we indicate the timeline is estimated versus promised/guaranteed, as we have no control over delays from our supplier. This customer then had the product for free for 4 weeks and was upset when we noticed our error and finally billed her. We have apologized both verbally and in writing for the billing delay. Additionally, the BBB has closed the file as they were satisfied that we made a reasonable attempt to address the dispute.
sarahp57
4/16/14

No big problems...I ordered a game capture recorder and it arrived within the week. The delivery person delivered it on the second try (someone was home the first try - maybe they didn't ring the bell?). Anyway, it works and and the price is one of the lowest I found anywhere.

I had a good experience. Based on other reviews I've seen, I would check their return policy and order carefully if I order again.

Questions? Get answers from the PC-Canada.com staff and other customers.

1 Photo for PC-Canada.com