Review of PartyCity

Rockaway, NJ 07866, US
Tel: 800-727-8924

ering106
3/15/19

I ordered custom balloons on a Monday and they said it would leave their warehouse by Wednesday. That however, did not happen and I did not receive the balloons in time of the party. For the money I paid, extremely disappointed.

Tip for consumers: Order 2 weeks in advance. And hope they stay flared.

jeremyv31
3/12/19

I bought candy for a project at party city and during the project I was staying awake after how much candy I was eating it kept me up all night I love party city :D

christineh326
3/10/19

Thank you so much to the BEST customer service EVER. The GM Mike I believe his name is. He was very patient with us doing our wedding invitations.. He helped us in so many ways. I can't express how much he has helped us out. Thank you to the GM for all your help. I tell ppl about his business and will be telling ppl to go there.
Thank you Christine and Keith Gerhard..

mayaj7
3/5/19

I ordered several items for an upcoming party. Order arrived with everything thrown into a big box with one package of "protection". The piñata had several loose strings (not even sure how that happened through delivery)..the fondant box was stained, damaged, and opened. I contacted customer service 2 days ago and have yet to hear a response. Very disappointed with their customer service and shipping

erinm333
1/28/19

Walked in with no greeting, although two employees stood there arranging the entry table. No help from them or clerk. Was there for about 20 min without a word spoken to me.

catherinek94
1/28/19

I ordered $75 worth of balloons for my son's 13th birthday party. The original party date was moved due to a snowstorm. I contacted the store in advance and was told that it would be no problem to fill the order at a later date when the party has been rescheduled. After we rescheduled the party (just a couple of weeks later), I went to fill the order and the manager told me that they were out of helium. There was a helium crisis and no store was able to get any from a vendor. I had to ask her several questions in order to get some kind of resolution. I decided to reduce my order and the suggestion she made was that I try to get the balloons blown up elsewhere. I tried other stores but they wouldn't blow up the balloons since I didn't purchase them at their stores. I ended up going to the Party City in Mooresville. They had helium and blew up the balloons. They explained that per my receipt, the North Lake party city charged me for balloons and helium. I was quite angry after all the hoops that I had been overcharged. I would say don't go to the North Lake party city. They were not helpful at all. I should not have had to go through all of the hoop jumping. They should have cared that I spent money in their store and tried to help me to the best of their ability. Very poor customer service. The party city in Mooresville was much nicer and willing to help.

mercedezt
1/21/19

people following you around and around but NO help so annoying too racist and not friendly place to shop

keithm258
12/12/18

Had a problem in store. Ordered 13 letters for a saying. 2 of the letters deflated making the saying useless to me. Called manager to return and she was fantastic and had me come in. When I was there 2 guys in wrinkled clothing mocked me saying who returns balloons? Continued to tell the manager to tell me they don't return balloons. Come to find out they were her bosses. Thankfully she returned my purchase but then had to deal with these people she called her boss. I went in a few weeks later and found out she was fired!!!! Store was a mess and nobody even offered to help. I will never step foot in a party city again. Judging by these reviews I'm not alone.

melisag12
11/24/18

I get that you get what you pay for and honestly I love the wide selection PC has. But literally almost EVERY TIME I order online (I own a business and order materials 1-5x per month) its either the wrong item sent, different than the img, or almost ALWAYS damaged/scratched/broken in some way. Their shippers/ warehouse or supervisors mustvreally not care about whats on the packimg slips or how they throw them in the boxes...new employees and training needed!
I also didnt recieve 2 items on my last order and wasnt notified of them being out of stock or anything amongst the 6 other items I did recieve, 5 of them were scratched/broken or damaged in some way. Im calling today for ANOTHER refund

sulaz
11/17/18

Just some few words. I went on Party City to choose a custom during Halloween and Judith one of the employees (party planner I think) was so helpful and attentive. Giving ideas on the custom, helping bringing more items and very patient. Excellent employee and very good costumer service. I appreciated your help JUDITH, thank you very much !! I dont remember her last name but it was the store on 3501 N Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach, FL. I hope it gets to her!

crystalp70
11/14/18

Why on earth do they say they have the items and make you pay in advance to secure them and then call you and say oh sorry we only have one thing you ordered not all of it. I placed another order out of a diff store and this time they charged my credit card and I got none of my order and it had the nerve to tell me to try again so I did and again it had none of my items and when did I get a refund? Online orders for Party City no way- I will search another site before I become their next victim. Rename your store Party Poopers!

terrig71
11/12/18

Over priced, half filled balloons....so disappointing. Wish I had more time to go elsewhere...next time I'll plan better. $20 worth of balloons??

deraldd
11/10/18

I stood in line for 12 minutes and watched 5-6 employees badly manage their customer service floor stragedy.

I dont know which of them was the floor lead or manager, but they really could've used more than one employee to handle the ballon blowing process and telling me I have a 30 minute wait to blowup one purchased balloon (or recommending me to buy a helium machine for one balloon).

ivelissel2
11/1/18

No devuelven dinero por lo que me dieron crédito. Usé parte del crédito y me entragaron otro recibo que dice Merchandise Credit y hoy lo voy a usar y me dicen que el balance está en $0 !!!! I am wating for more than an hour for corporate answer!!!!! Horrible experience.

suseb
10/30/18

Party city has the worst customer service ever. I tried to return a halloween costume only for them to tell me I couldn't return it because it was past 10/24/18. When I bought the costume they told me I could return it as long as it was before halloween. The manager was extremely rude.
I will never shop there again and I have told everyone I know to not shop there again.

yanelia
10/29/18

The store Whistone in Queens, College Point NY, the personal ego pero in there, they are prepotente, unpolite, one of the maneger the name David treat with bar actitud and prepotence. I ask to speak with the maneger above, he was in the store and he didnt show in any moment, nos name is Peter When you call customer service they put you on hold for 30 min and them they hang Up the thelephone. Nobody care and proyect the customer. Dont lost your time to buy or order anything in this place ir hoy have to exchange or need a service forget it about. I will never in my life visit this place. Im fustrated. I spend 300 dollars and a lost all my money.

joannef54
10/25/18

Ordered 4 balloon bouquets in advance. Not ready when I arrived - asked and paid for individual travelling bags - not bagged and they combined the bouquets. Suppose to have green ribbons hanging - no ribbons at all. When "manager " called he was rude and questioned why the person didn't notice when they picked up? Why didn't staff check the order is what I say. Will never shop there again! FYI - I am a small business myself in London Ontario and would not be in business if I treated my customers this way!

rachelx3
10/25/18

I ordered 2 Halloween costumes for my kids for Halloween party. I paid more than $30 shipping to receive 2 - 5 days - this is the transit time they put on their website. After 10days, I did not receive the order and they did not even send me tracking info. I called. You won't believe it! The first person lied to me... She said she would send me the tracking right away but I did not receive any e-mail. I had to call again. The 2nd person told me they shipped order but they cannot give me any tracking info.... This is the worst experience I ever had!!! Worst place ever!!!

jedediahr
10/22/18

I ordered a costume that was a gift. There was no option to add a billing address. My shipping address was automatically copied as my billing address. I tried to call and was never able to speak to an actual person and the email response was sent a week later which stated that one an order was made it couldn't be changed and to be more careful next time. There won't be a next time. They need real people on the phones and they need to allow you to change your order. Oh and actually ask for the billing address!

roxanneo9
10/21/18

Lala was fantastic helping me at the Sanford store. I'm very grateful for her guidance during my shopping experience.

jeanb206
10/19/18

I ordered a halloween costume for my granddaughter online. It shipped the same day. I received a confirmation e-mail and immediately knew that there was a problem. The e-mail showed a completely different costume than the one I had ordered, also a different price.I called and spoke to a customer rep. which was a total waste of time. She insisted the costume Mentioned in the e-mail was the one I ordered. I argued with her and finally had enough. The next day I checked my credit card and knew the costume coming was the wrong one. I called and spoke to 2 more customer reps. One couldn't help me at all and she turned me over to someone else. This person agreed that the costumes were different and said she didn't know how this could happen. the costume i ordered was a doll costume. she then told me that every doll costume on their website was out of stock and the person that filled the order took it upon them selves to substitute with the wrong costume. She told me that their web site was not updated. Who is in charge of this company. Now my granddaughter is without her costume and extremely upset and I have to refuse this package when delivered and keep my fingers crossed that i will get reimbursed. Horrible company! Ticked off Grandmother

jayh257
10/10/18

THIS IS THE THIRD ORDER PLACED ON-LINE AND COME TO FIND OUT THE STORE THAT CLAIMS TO HAVE SEVERAL CALL ME TO SAY THEY HAVE NONE OF MY ORDER THAT HAS BEEN PAID FOR IN ADVANCE THIS IS UNEXCEPTABLE. SOMEONE NEEDS TO UPDATE THE ON-LINE PROCESS OR DON'T SELL THIS WAY. COMEPLETELY UNSATISFIED AND MAD AS HELL

savannaw3
10/5/18

I will not be using Party city again. There is no customer service, you cannot get ahold of a live person, they cancelled half of my order due to availability, and it was part of a costume, so now they are sending me half of my costume so I will be returning the other part when it arrives.

sunitaa
9/18/18

I ordered photo mylar balloons for my son's 16th Birthday and their website wouldn't center the pic. It kept moving it to the side of the balloon. I tried to fix it many times but it wouldn't center. I finally put the order in so that I can speak to someone and make sure the pic would be centered as I'm sure they can see it wasn't once they received the order. I sent an email to their customer service right away but no one responded back. I finally called two days later and they had processed the order as is which was incorrect. It was their system flaw and charged me the full amount and wouldn't fix the order.

It takes 15 min to get through to anyone on the phone. When you do, they are not helpful at all. I would never order from this site again!

daniellep98
8/25/18

The employees were very friendly and answered all my questions about the stuff I had purchased it was a great experience and would recommend this place to anyone for your party needs

Very hard. It's a generated common message and once forwarded to stores most of the time it is ignored.

By Keith M.

There are many locally owned smaller party stores that are always cheaper and the service is better most of the time. No long waits and if they don't have what you need they can order it.

By Keith M.

Questions? Get answers from the PartyCity staff and other customers.

3 Photos for PartyCity