Review of Parallels

jamess226
James S.
9/28/18

The Windows emulation software is decent. However,
the Parallels Toolbox software they push on you is a security liability.

This software auto-updates without user input. There is no way to disable auto-update, Or rather, they occasionally add a fake feature to disable auto-update but it is a false feature, it still auto-updates. and when it does it logs you out and asks you to buy a new subscription. I un-installed, finally fed up, a run-around from support, ineptitude and plain lies. The windows emulation software prompted me to re-install. "It's free for you, you have a lifetime license". I reinstalled. I got a pop-up. "Clean your system". What is this? I clicked on it. "You have to buy a subscription to use this feature."

I have had enough.
I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT USE ANY SOFTWARE FROM THIS DEVELOPER. Their corporate philosophy is criminal.

mikel188
7/13/15

Also, can't find any documentation on why I can't print from the Parallels Window7 vm to my HP OfficeJet G85 printer/fax/scanner that still works like a charm (Mac itself doesn't have a driver for the printer but Windows 7 & 8.x do). Just got another Mac from work and I'll insist on Fusion from VMware. I won't touch Parallels again.

Questions? Get answers from the Parallels staff and other customers.

Parallels?