Review of Overstock.com

2017 Customer choice award

144 reviews with 4 stars

cymak
9/4/18

I began shopping Overstock for many years. They have everything imaginable. for self and home. Designer Brands and great shipping. Prices can be terrific compared to retail but you have to shop around. I think that the prices were better a few years ago.

alids
8/16/18

Got some very good deals there and shipping is always fast. Sometimes it takes support a little too long to reply though.

beckyy9
8/1/18

This is a must if you shop at Iverstick. It provides you with free shipping on applicable purchases, points for earning and only costs 9.95/ yr. I always am happy that I signed up for it!

traceyg13
4/9/18

My experience was nice except for my wood cracked on one of my purchase I couldn't send it back cause I didn't open till months later so shame on me. But when finished beautiful

lisaf185
12/27/17

Love that they send out discount emails occasionally, free shipping and a HUGE selection of items(ANYTHING) you could need to decorate or update your home.
They only need to work on the ease of using the website. They did not have an option to save your "favorites" for a long time, I like to shop tentatively and then look at everything I "earmarked" and compare prices, stats etc., before I make the purchase. It is hard to make a final choice if you cannot see all options in one section. I believe they may have fixed this recently though.

johnh792
10/30/17

I recently ordered a wooden computer desk with hutch from Overstock. It is indeed as pictured and described. It is nice piece of furniture (at over $1000 I was hesitant with to order.) It exceeded our expectation and we're pleased with the desk/hutch combo.

That being said there was some minor 'assembly required' and no instructions. I say that not because it was a problem but because if you didn't have a drill and screw driver some mechanical intuition you might not install the small brackets to secure the hutch to the desk. Drilling a small pilot hole for the screws will help prevent splitting the wood when you attach the bracket.

The only problems were with the delivery service - first, it uses a robo call to schedule delivery (not a live person.) Our call screening blocks robo calls so we missed the first couple attempts to schedule the delivery. It was only when I reviewed the caller id log at the end of the week and looked up the new blocked call numbers on the internet that I saw the delivery service was calling. The second problem was with the delivery itself. Overstock's site was very clear that free delivery was to the door and I paid extra for to the room and unpacking. When the shipment arrived I was informed that it only included door delivery but they'll do extra for tips. Whoa, I didn't appreciate having to explain to the delivery person that I had already paid extra. They delivered into the room but I gave them a pass on unpacking - with the desk and the hutch it got rather tight and would have been better unpacked before being brought in.

Historically, our local businesses have been more concerned with good customer service. I for one like good customer service and will have to think real hard about ordering big items over the internet.

candices28
8/25/17

I have bought several pieces of furniture from here and never had a problem with them. They always have beautiful items at awesome prices.
So buy as little or as much as you want and you are still only paying absolutely nothing for S&H

christopherd69
7/10/17

They do what they say they do and sell a lot of overstocked merchandise and you can often get that merchandise at 30-40% off. The "Great Deals" are usually on smaller items. We have gotten patio umbrellas from them for $35 that normally cost $100. Pretty fun and easy site to use.

darlenes31
7/5/17

I have bought many things from overstock.com. I purchased many sets of king sized sheets - all of which were wonderful quality and a good price. I purchased DAWGs shoes for a great low price. I was very happy with most of the purchases. Only once was I disappointed with the quality of an item and they refunded my money easily.

celiad5
6/29/17

Overstock is a good company. My friends and I have bought stuff at Overstock and were pleased. The shipping was free and if there is a shipping charge, it is very little.

donaldm100
6/15/17

I have bought Furniture, area rugs and more from them-they have special discounts and free shipping on some items are a great return policy-the quality of throw rugs and sheets/towels are especially good-some items do need assembly but I have had people ask where I bought things-and marvel at price and quality

jillians8
5/16/17

I loved the bassinet I bought from here. It was name brand, beautiful, greatly priced, and came in at a timely fashion.

amyb124
3/19/17

I have been very happy with almost everything I have ordered. I received the wrong rug once, sent a pic to customer service and they immediately sent out the right one and told me to keep the first one. I just ordered curtains and they were labeled as the color Lemon, they were very much Lime - sent a pic to customer service and they just issued a free return tag. I always have a good experience with Overstock.

joycem71
3/14/17

They have lots of inventory, but I always check other online retailers. They aren't always the cheapest

christinad42
3/5/17

I used them to purchase a rug. The purchase was smooth. The problem I'm having is with their political views. Everyone is entitled to line the pockets of anyone they wish I reserve my choice not to do business with them.

jamersons
2/26/17

You can find original stuff , some days you have great deals, still up in the higher end of prices. Need better deals.

johnsonb22
2/22/17

I like this service for regular discounts. Product's quality is on the top level. Easy to make an order and to communicate with the staff.

saralopeng
2/3/17

Hi, i was suprised when you said you produce E-Visa. I placed my order and paid my money with skepticism but to my greatest suprises, everything went smooth and i am now in Luxemburg via my Electroci Visa

kyles84
1/24/17

Had several purchases here and unfortunately some returns. But still I say this is very good! Despite of those being a return - they did everything fast and my money was given back in the shortest time. I recommend!

melissah31
1/15/17

I shop here on Overstock frequently because they offer good products/value and the customer service is great. If you have to return something they make it pretty painless to do so. Great place to find area rugs. My only complaint is that sometimes it is hard to find what I am looking for because of the sheer amount of products the carry and the search function of the website seems a little wonky sometimes.

lindas364
1/13/17

Have ordered multiple times. They have responded quickly, and provided good products. I would like to be able to order singles - for instance I needed 2 love seats and a couch, but could not order the extra love seat... I would have liked stain protection, but did not see it offered.
Got a great value on an Oriental - style carpet, well made, but the color online was silver-grey-blue, and the actual is dark blue.
Will continue to shop with them.

joeb279
1/13/17

A great place for some discount shopping! Had several purchases here - and nothing wrong. I`d sincerely recommend!

christieg5
1/7/17

Routinely find good deals at Overstock. Shipping is almost always free and the quality of all the items I've received is great. One issue with a defective product was handled immediately and easily. I shop regularly.

lydiaj17
1/1/17

Overstock.com is a site that I visit almost every day. It could be addictive :-).

While Amazon.com has a lot more choices, Overstock.com offers better deals, mist of the time.

maureenb30
12/27/16

The products and quality of service are very favorable to anyone looking for a bargain.

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.

No. I ordered memory foam that shows that famous hand imprint that usually stays long enough to see it. Well, the cheap stuff they sent me could not even show it for a millisecond! VERY CHEAP FOAM...

By Bob D.

all I can say is, after i ordered the tracking number told me 31 days. Really, now they will not answer my repeated requests for a return label.

By Kat K.

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B.

Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

20 Photos for Overstock.com