Review of Overstock.com

2018 Customer choice award

84 reviews with 3 stars

ericp108
8/26/18

I haven't had to many problems with overstock once they couldn't tell me what happened to my watch but did send a better more expensive one recently I just sent a defective watch back it's been 5 days since they received it and no credit applied to my store card I think they're slow there probably playing with watch to see it was a arikbos 67.00 watch the other 5 items are ok but they were small items I did buy 5 yrs ago a 4 inch mattress topper it's still in good shape so . If they drag there feet dispute the charge or if they try to screw me I tell them what to do with there store card.

cassandraw25
5/21/18
• Updated review

Thankfully, I finally talked to a gentleman in their customer service department who was actually helpful. I got a notification that the mattress had shipped and I was really frustrated. I called one more time and got a really helpful guy who said they couldn't reroute the truck until UPS verified the tracking number which hadn't happened yet. He promised that he would personally watch my account for an update and would send the reroute request to the truck as soon as possible.

A day or two later, the reroute notice appeared on my tracking information and a few days after that, I received an email that my refund was being processed. I'm glad I finally got the result I was looking for, but it took WAY too much time, effort, and persistence to get there. I don't like getting sassy with customer service people, but sometimes that's the only way to get to the proper solution.

“Terrible Customer Service”
5/21/18
• Previous review

I ordered a mattress for my new apartment. It matters when it arrives because my parents are coming into town and will need a place to sleep when they are here. When I placed the order, it said "Standard Shipping" with no exact window of time specified. Normally standard shipping is 3-5 days which would have been fine. Not long later, I received an email stating that my mattress would arrive in 7 business days, which doesn't work because my parents will have left by then.

It hadn't even been an hour since I placed the order, so I figured cancelling it wouldn't be an issue. I WAS WRONG. They told me that my order had already been accepted by the warehouse, so there was nothing they could do to cancel it.

I talked to 3 different people who all parroted the same answer, so I finally asked for a supervisor. I now was told they could reroute the truck back to the warehouse and issue me a refund, which I was glad to hear.

However, I was also told I should expect to hear from them in 1-2 business days about my complaint and I have yet to hear a single thing. I have gotten order updates which is making me nervous that they will not handle this in time.

I was also told if the mattress gets delivered, I am responsible for the return shipping which is not happening. I am so beyond dissatisfied with their customer service. What company doesn't allow a customer to cancel an order they placed less than an hour ago??

I'm never buying anything from them again and neither should you!

nicoles236
3/24/18

Will never order from this website again. The first time I did the item fell apart pretty quick but I thought maybe try again. Have not used the product yet but it not the size I want so went to get a return label and it was charging me $10. That is more than the original shipping. It not even worth sending back. Will never order from there again. Complete rip off. The only reason I'm giving a 3 was the quick delivery or I would be giving a 1.

robertah27
3/19/18

Ive placed a few orders. You really roll the dice with what you get. Sometimes its waaaay off from the description. Also, youll see the exact same item listed on multiple sites like Wayfair, Pier 1etc, but under a different name. So do your research. Im kind of over the inconsistency so I dont think Ill be back.

faithp6
10/7/17

I`ve had two orders here, one went perfectly fine, and the second one was sadly returned due to inappropriate item quality. I guess thats the 3 of 5 mark for now.

bonniew54
7/21/17

Overstock would be a better online shoppin place if they don't make you go through hoops to return items that are not as describled. I purchased a grey rug which was actually blue so when I used their automated system, I was asked to pay for shipping. I had to write and call before I overstock sent me a postage paid UPS sticker. Amazon just accepts justified returns but overstock makes you spend an extra 15 minutes before they will do the saem

clintonc15
4/6/17

I have yet to find a product on there that has been cheaper than what I can find at amazon and other shopping sites.

eugenel22
3/10/17

I don't always go to Overstock.com to buy. At other times, I go to sell my old stuffs and get good money for them.

delaneyl
3/7/17

Buyer Be Ware! I've now purchased a few things from Overstock, and I have the following advice: Look at the item on a big screen and don't buy anything you have misgivings about. If you don't receive your package, or have to go through anything but the most straight-forward return process, you're in trouble. I bought a bracelet that looked very high-quality, but when I received it, the large sterling clasp was hollowed out to make it look expensive. I was so disappointed. Then I bought a rug and a pad in one order. Only the pad arrived, and now I'm caught in a terrible loop with customer service. Every time I call, they say the item was delivered, yet I have a delivery proof that says "1 lb" for the item. No wool rug 5x8 foot big is one pound (that was the pad only). So two call and one hilarious chat session later, I still have no rug, no answers and I'm confused. Their website says, "returned" on the rug, but their CS says it was "delivered" my proof of delivery says it was one pound. I asked the rep if there was anything they could do for me as I'm moving and the rug needs to go under furniture that will arrive any day, and the CS rep was completely unempowered. She could do no more than, "create a ticket for the warehouse." The chat rep didn't even read what I was saying, he just kept saying, "so sorry for your inconvenience. I would be mad too." No matter what I asked!

Tip for consumers: Look at your item close-up on a big screen, track your packages, and don't bother using chat. The chat reps have too many windows open at once, take forever to reply, and only give you standard pre-formatted responses.

danielc175
12/16/16

Some items are overpriced. The site isn't as easy to navigate compared to most other Internet retail sites.
Not great, but not bad either.

denisonp
12/13/16

Meh...I call it Overpriced. com

robr51
11/1/16

You can still find some good deals, but their prices used to be some of the lowest online! Too bad.

pattis5
10/25/16

The Overstock website is annoying, if you select an item to read about, and then if you then want to go back to the list, you need to scroll back down and try to find where you were!

jasond98
10/18/16

Lots to shop from, but not the best value. Products are offered at more competitive prices else where.

cindyf28
9/5/16

Overstock is a good shopping site but prices tend to run higher and shipping isn't as fast as say Amazon. Good products and sometimes a good bargain can be found

zeidaj
8/29/16

You can probably find their prices lower on many other sites. Not great!

roset57
8/28/16

cool place to shop but needs improvement

bethz6
8/23/16

I found this store from google, I found here everything of my need. Excellent collection.

chriss295
8/16/16

Would shop here again. Be sure to comparison shop because this site may not be best price.

alfredi3
8/15/16

C8ool

michelleh162
8/14/16

ok products.

jamesy27
7/12/16

A long while ago, I was hesitant to use this site. It was the classic; To good to be true scenario. The individuals in the TV adverts were bragging about getting "GREAT" deals on 30$ iPads etc... Of course when you go to the site the actual price is upward of retail price at an extremely minimal discount. The prices on some items are honestly way better if you bargain with coupons at stores, or if you go to a "true" overstock store.( Such as Here Today)

drewt10
7/11/16

Overstock used to be fantastic, but it has gotten terrible with the fluctuating prices.

margoa3
6/25/16

I only ordered once because they had something that I wanted that no one else had.

The prices are okay..no real breaks per se. They have a decent variety.

They shipped for free and the order arrived on time and intact

scottp76
6/8/16

Good pricing on products, but most of them are inconsistent quality. Buyer beware and expect cheap China products.

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

I bought a rug that looked nothing like the picture. The colors were gaudy instead of the nice muted pallet shown in the picture. Overstock charged me half again as much to return it. I'll never buy from them again.

By susan A.

It varies. It usually is indicated at the order page

By Shay S.

They send it back to Overstock, call or Email them for a refund

By SHERRY B.

No. The "diamonds" fall out after a few times of wearing them.

By Adam L.

I've never had this problem. Their customer service is better than Amazon but i haven't interracted with them super recently so maybe theyve scaled back on the gravvy.

By Jonathan C.

In condition stated, i.e., new, reconditioned. I haven't made any returns but it doesn't seem to be hassle-free.

By Shay S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B.
Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?