Review of Overstock.com

2018 Customer choice award

381 reviews with 1 star

jimmyt58
3/16/19

I quit ordering from them a few years ago and just checked to see if they've changed.I had to return a rug that was clearly inferior to what they advertised, lots of hoops, delays and shipping costs. I also bought a music player that was clearly used for a while, which was sold a refurbished with minor cosmetic blemishes. It broke within a matter of days and wasn't worth returning due to their charges. Stick with Amazon or Walmart, they are more ethical and competent

heathers428
3/12/19

Bought a dresser from them and they shipped me a mirror instead. I called to tell them they shipped me the wrong item and in order for me to return in and get the dresser, I had to pay $40 for shipping to return it! Their mistake but I still had to pay??? Ridiculous. This is probably how they make a profit. Sending wrong items and having you return them. Customer service was HORRIBLE. They don't care at all. BUYER BEWARE! TERRIBLE COMPANY. Will never order from them again.

micheller391
3/8/19

Ordered a bedroom set from them, took forever to ship and arrived damaged and not complete. Called overstock.com and they did help initially but again took a long time to finally get in replacement pieces and oh fun fact still not a complete set. But I did not know that as I thought the railings that put the frame together were in one of the boxes as I clearly told the rep I was missing that item. Surely they can get it right the second try...wrong. my husband and I work opposite shifts which delayed us trying to put the bed frame together for a while. When we finally got on a day off together we realize the side boards or slants for our bedframe are not in the boxes. I call overstock.com for help, hoping they'd make it right cause I paid for this piece after all, you should get what you paid for. Nope, after taking a month to review they call me the day after Christmas which I did not answer as it was 9pm est and I was sleeping since I had a really early shift the next day. Then they also emailed me with a short one sentence "we wont help you". Gee thanks for stealing my money and sending me a horribly cheap bedroom set that isn't even complete. Overstock.com will never get another penny of my money, they sell garbage.

colleenc111
3/1/19

Orderd an area rug during a 30% off sale. The rug arrived and was not the correct size. Apparently they consider 42in a 4ft rug. I emailed them and they said well you could buy the 5t rug but since it is not in sale it was literally double the price. I told them they should honor the 30% off for the next size. After numerous emails they said the best we can do is 10% off and they acted like I should be grateful for that. I told them to shove it and I would never order from them again.

jm623
2/27/19

We purchased a table set and within a few months the chair leg splintered and cracked. We contacted them and they wanted $32 for just the chair leg...not the chair!!! Outrageous! We will not buy from them again. Should have been replaced.

davidb2035
2/25/19

We purchased a outdoor dining set in August 2018. Early February 2019, 5 months later and after two rain falls the wood slats warped and discolored. I sent them photos. They agreed there was a problem. They went to the manufacturer, manufacturer said we don't care, we do not stand by our products.Overstockedwithgarbage.com basically said the same thing, that they dont stand by the products because they didn't have the clout with the manufacturer and wouldn't accept this liability.

ireneh71
2/24/19

Ordered set of nesting tables. When they arrived there was large sticker on glass top which stated that product exposes one to toxins including lead. While they would allow me to disassemble, rebox and return for refund, they said they had no obligation to inform purchasers in advance of this issue. Really?! No longer an Overstock customer.

mikem1184
2/21/19

I returned an item which was defective/ and not as described but overstock.com
Deducted 50 percent of the total amount are refund only half of what I paid originally, will not order from this company

alyssal50
2/6/19

For whatever reason, overstock doesn't have it where I can leave a customer review on there page so I will be leaving it here and every single other potential avenue possible along with the necessary bureaus. My husband and I purchased a pressure cooker back at the end June 2018 from overstock. We have had pressure cookers for 8 years now that we use at least 5 times a week. Needless to say this one we got hasn't last but about 6-7 months and it's already not pressurizing right and losing pressure while cooker. We reported it to overstock and the manufacturer to which both companies are not helping. Mind you we not only are under a 1 year manufacturer warranty but we also have an extended warranty that we PURCHASED and PAID FOR from overstock. The manufacturer states they do not have any replacements in stock. It's been 2-3 months we've been "waiting patiently" as requested and still today were told to please be patient. Um excuse me, I've been patient for months! I use this 5 plus times a week and it's starting to be very very annoying not having it, especially considering I'm supposedly DOUBLE COVERED on this damn thing. Overstock is NO better! They aren't helping, providing alternative exchange options, refund, absolutely nothing. Yet I have two warranty coverages!? WTF! I've always heard people talk about Overstock having great customer service. This is FAR from great customer service. I receive better service from my local McDonalds! What did I buy an extended warranty for and purchase from overstock if they aren't going to provide any help and coverage? Terrible customer service and I will be continuing to fight this until everyone knows and I have a resolution. Do Not buy from overstock, especially not the extended warranty, complete garbage and worthless waste of money!

marthac140
2/4/19

I bought a jute rug for $450 that was an inferior product and not like the description and pictures. It is unraveling after a few weeks and the coloring is streaked. When it unravels it leaves holes in the rug.

johnw1544
1/30/19

Bought a talking watch for my blind friend's Birthday. 3 people tried to set the watch and failed. Talking voice was hard to hear. Sent it back next day. Was charged tax and shipping to receive. Lost all, plus restocking fee. This is my first and last purchase from OverStock.

brucec217
1/28/19

Purchased a pricey Diane von Furstenberg Black Wool Wrap Coat from Overstock (vendor is KOTORE). This long coat is ridiculously tight in the shoulders, you gotta order two sizes larger than shown. Got a return authorization and shipped it back to seller who still has not issued the credit. Quite frustrating! A month later they refuse to credit my account forcing me to submit a chargeback request with my card issuer. OVERSTOCK DOES NOT HAVE CONSUMER RECOURSE OR OVERSIGHT OVER THESE UNETHICAL VENDORS! Buy elsewhere or get screwed like we did.

jayneh20
1/22/19

Had to try buying from Overstock once, but won't do it again.
First of all - my order wasn't even shipped until a few business days after our order was placed.
Spent over $200 for one King set of sheets and one Queen set of sheets.
Received 2 King Sets. Not going to argue with them about it - we'll use both sets on our King bed even though one isn't the right color for the room.
All I really wanted was for them to send what I ordered.

dinas43
1/19/19

DO NOT buy anything from Overstock. They try to nickel and dime you, horrible customer service, and their products are junk.

First of all, their prices are jacked up. I found the same coffee table I purchased on their site for about $50 cheaper and they don't price match.

They also sell damaged subpar good. I purchased a coffee table and the legs didn't screw in. When Hayneedle sent me crappy merchandise, they offered me a discount or to allow me to return it. Overstock reached out to the company who sold the item to get me some new parts then suggested I reach out to them myself. They told me that if I wanted to return it, I also had to contact the company that sold it. Overstock sold it to me so why I have to deal with a second company. Still haven't gotten an answer from the company over a week later.

I also purchased pillows which were a different color and completely different texture than shown in the phone on the website. After asking to speak to a manager, the manager agreed that the color was different and the texture was different. He then refused to give me a free return shipping label sighting that it was still the same item I purchased even though he agreed it was a different color and texture. He said, "It's still in the white family." Anyone who knows home decor knows that Ivory and white are two different colors. These people sent me an item wasn't what the picture looked like and proceeded to try and nickel and dime me for shipping costs.

UNREAL! Buy Amazon and save yourself the hassle. Their staff is rude and incompetent and does nothing to rectify the inconvenience and time they cost you.

tristanf14
1/18/19

This company will not last long. Their customer service is lost and inadequate. My order was blocked at first because they couldn't be bothered to call me to verify their own security checks. Then it took 6 weeks to ship. 4 fake shipment notifications. They had no idea where or when my order was going to ship. Very poor experience.

stacyh111
1/11/19

I ordered and received my 4 place setting dinnerware sets. When I opened the box one of the bowls was broken. Contacted customer service and sent picture of damaged goods. Overstock would not replace the bowl, leaving me with only 3 place settings. Overstock offered $10 as compensation. I told them to keep their $10. Bunch of clowns.
This was my first and LAST purchase from OVERSTOCK.
Highly recommend spending your money with another on line retailer.
BUYER BEWARE

Update: 1/30/19. Steve from Overstock contacted me and sent a replacement bowl. I am pleased with the company's response. I believe Overstock personnel saw this review I posted on Sitejabber and were persuaded to do the right thing. Big Thanks to both of these companies!!

kennethj19
1/9/19

UPDATE: 1/30/19
Overstock finally agreed to refund the original purchase price. I'm still waiting for it to clear with the credit card company, but at least they did the right thing.

ORIGINAL:
We purchased some Queen sheets on 12/17/2018 with a promised delivery of 12/20. The package was lost in shipment (somewhere between FedEx and USPS). Now 3 weeks later, we've repeatedly asked Overstock to cancel the order because the shipment is clearly lost. Overstock refuses and says they have to wait until its delivered before they will refund. So we're out the full cost because of their lost shipment. We have no idea when (or if) the package will be delivered. Avoid this company unless you enjoy frustration and pain.

keno55
12/30/18
• Updated review

I still haven't received my order from December12; and now they are asking me to return it to receive credit. You can't make this up!

“Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!”
12/24/18
• Previous review

I ordered an item on Dec 12 in plenty of time (I thought) for Christmas. I think free delivery means no delivery. It is obvious that Overstock uses a third party shipper who bundles everything to save money and then sends it on to USPS. It is now 12/24 and USPS is still waiting. Had I read the reviews ahead of time, which I usually do, I would have known. Stupid me!

lavetted
12/29/18

Beware of Overstock. I will never make another purchase from them and I'm closing my account. I bought a Gucci wallet and watch from them and returned items immediately but Overstock sent a bill before they received the items which I didn't pay because items were no longer in my possession. They assessed a late fee. Say what??? When I called to complain they claimed it was reversed but there was still a balance of $37. After speaking with three customer agents nobody knew what the the $37 was for which I still refused to pay. So I received a call from a collection agency I presume, requesting payment and I declined to pay because no one could tell me what the $37 was for. Well come to find out it's a restocking fee for the wallet. I've never seen that small detail on their website. How much does it take to put a wallet back? So because I didn't pay $37 they've added another late fee. You would think such a large company would just waive the restocking fee but they would rather continue to harass and ruin my credit. I'm still disputing at this point.

jacquiv3
12/21/18

ORDERED ON 11/26 FOR A 12/6 DELIVERY. NEVER CAME, AND I AM STILL FIGHTING FOR A REFUND. UNCARING STAFF, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

SAVE YOURSELF! DO NOT SHOP HERE.

karaw33
12/11/18

I purchased a mattress through Overstock.com I was delivered the wrong mattress on December 8th 2018. I have been jostled around by everyone about my purchase. This company is a scam! The mattress I received was not only the wrong item, but was also not even manufactured by Serta. The mattress was poorly made and flimsy. Overstock customer service tells me they only directly deal with Serta and not a third party company, yet this is not true. I was told it would take a few days to get the process going to pick up the wrong mattress they sent, yet when contacting Overstock again, they say to me they have no item such as a "Serta Gabbert" and asked for me to send pictures via email to "verify the mattress came from them" after sending the email and not hearing back, I called once again to verify they received my email of the pictures. Shawna told me she didn't receive anything and had me send the pictures through text. I received a text back saying I will now have to wait another 1-2 business days before I hear back from them. I will not be getting my money back until the mattress is picked up. I am disgusted in the way this is being handled! This is the worst company I have ever purchased from. I will still have to go and buy a mattress for my daughter from a reputable company before Christmas, as this was one of her presents. Upon trying to speak with a supervisor, I am told they are busy and will call me back. With the way things have been handled this far, I doubt I will get that call. Do NOT purchase from Overstock!

susanb734
12/8/18

Overstock lied to the customer. Here are the problems:
1. Placed order on Nov 26
2. Got shipping confirmation on Nov 28.
3. UPS tracking number is continue shown waiting for package but overstock shown that my order will arrive on Dec 3.
4. Called customer service on Dec 4 but nothing happen (they said they will investigate).
5. Called customer service on Dec 6 but nothing happen (they said they will ship the replacement in couple days).
6. Called customer service on Dec 8. They said my replacement will ship on Dec 20.

Wow! Unbelievable! After I talked with the supervisor, I figured out that the manufacture does not have item in stock. This is not a make by order product. I canceled my order and will not shop at overstock again. I expect a full refund from overstock.

maryc805
Mary C.
12/3/18

My first order with Overstock.com and the LAST one ever. I ordered the 'Zone Tech Grey Sheepskin Shoulder Strap Seat Belt Covers (Set of 2)'. This does say SHEEPSKIN right? It is not sheepskin or leather, just a poor imitation fur and priced at twice what it should be. Really unhappy. I did not know they could and would, out and out, lie about their products.

susana334
12/3/18

I ordered a Moroccan style rug which was pictured with nice soft colors. What came was a poorly made carpet in gaudy colors. The rug cost $50 but it cost $26 to return it! Even though the quality was unacceptable, Overstock wouldn't accommodate a return with a more reasonable price. I've ordered from them before and received barely acceptable quality of merchandise so I'm done with overstock.com.

loiso7
11/19/18

I ordered Safavieh courture side tables and got Lauren rugs. Four times, I returned the rugs and hoped they would send the tables.
Though I sent the unordered rugs back and never received the tables, Overstock is charging for the rugs. They are guilty of false advertising and charging for items not ordered.
I am a long-time customer and this was my first bad encounter. I could never recommend Overstock to anyone now because of this horrible experience. Not only are they attempting to extort me, the time involved in trying to remedy this has been horrendous. The picture below shows the tables advertised@$48.99. They sent me Dafne Lauren white rugs instead.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

I bought a rug that looked nothing like the picture. The colors were gaudy instead of the nice muted pallet shown in the picture. Overstock charged me half again as much to return it. I'll never buy from them again.

By susan A.

It varies. It usually is indicated at the order page

By Shay S.

They send it back to Overstock, call or Email them for a refund

By SHERRY B.

I've never had this problem. Their customer service is better than Amazon but i haven't interracted with them super recently so maybe theyve scaled back on the gravvy.

By Jonathan C.

In condition stated, i.e., new, reconditioned. I haven't made any returns but it doesn't seem to be hassle-free.

By Shay S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B.

Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?