Review of OnceWed

info@oncewed.com

elizabethf88
Elizabeth F.
5/1/17

I bought my wedding dress through the Once Wed used wedding dress site. I was connected with an awesome girl whom I talked to and shared pictures with before purchasing the dress. I have absolutely no regrets about buying my dress pre-owned, it was cleaned and stored and you would have never known that someone else wore it before me. The dress was amazing and I got a million compliments on it.

janeb51
4/23/15

I sold my dress within 2 months and had a wonderful buyer. Overall A+ experience. I consider myself lucky, because apparently there are so many dresses listed that yours easily gets buried in the pile. I'd say the key is to list as low a price you can to attract buyers - they're buying a second hand dress for a reason - to be economical. Nothing wrong with that. The wonderful thing about Oncewed is that you can list for free (with only three free photos though), unlike hustle your bustle, preownedwedding.com, recycled bride (aka tradesy's wedding portal) etc that all charge a fee (usually upwards of 25% or a commission). I heard there are lots of Nigerian scammers, but as a seller this wasn't a problem using the site.

I think if you're a buyer, you need to ask LOTS of questions. Get photos, asks both the condition of the dress, the location of the sales, how long it was worn for, was the bride the original owner, etc. I don't want to give too much away lest the real scammers learn how to perfect their scam, but don't be discouraged, buyers and sellers - there are real brides out there selling real dresses for reasonable prices. Just be extremely cautious.

The downside for the buyer is that you don't get protection from the website at all - it's not like ebay or tradesy with buyer protection. So you have to do your due diligence about the seller.

Sellers - protect yourself as well - make sure you get payment before you ship. Never ship without having a payment else you risk losing your dress. Escrow.com is the suggested payment method, though others are possible with trust established between buyer and seller. Never accept a cheque - it can easily bounce. Never accept payment of an email bank transfer, especially if it looks copy and pasted from a shady sounding bank - those emails are often scams. And never, give out your personal details, address and full bank account number if you suspect the buyer is a scam. This information of yours can be sold on.

Good luck! Use common sense, be vigilant. I believe there are more genuine, honest buyers and sellers out there rather than scammers.

Oncewed is a great site! Easy to list, browse and use. I'd totally recommend it.

hannahb16
4/1/15

Be very careful. Many of these listings are scams. There is currently one that lists designer dresses using a canned description containing the phrase "I didn't feel like I was wearing a shell" for describing the fit and comfort of the gown. Be sure to only use the recommended escrow payment site as well.

leea5
2/21/11

Overall this is a great place to find a preowned wedding dress. The best part about it is that unlike a lot of other ripoff preowned wedding dress websites, they do not make you pay a fee to sell your dress.
I would have given a better rating to this website if it wasn't so full of Nigerian scammers. These scammers constantly email me and several other women selling their wedding dresses asking to "pay double" and use "their own shipping company" and then send you fake paypal emails, stating you've been paid double and that all you have to do is refund them for their "shipping service" - bull - don't fall for it. It's a scam. Just Google "nigerian scammers" - these scammers are absolutely rampant on this website.

Questions? Get answers from the OnceWed staff and other customers.

OnceWed?