Review of OKdress.co.uk

service@okdress.co.uk

43 reviews with 1 star

alisterh1
6/4/19

Okdress/okeydress same SCAM company!! Their delivery is horrendous! Waited months with no reply to emails asking where the dress was. Ended up buying another prom dress as theirs didn't arrive in time. When i attempted to return the dress (never worn,with tags,in original packaging, standard size) i got blunt emails "you sure you not keep dress" after explaining the prom date had passed they reply "the shipping will be very expensive and they will also ADD a handling fee" basically force you to keep it as paying all the "fees" out weigh the price of the dress! Please don't be fooled by their websites! They look genuine but in reality its all just CHEAP TAT mass produced in Hong Kong!

chantelh5
4/9/19

Very exspensive but made out of cheapest material no returns no refunds dresses are hideous dize was 10x bigger did not even look like what was on website no phone # to contact DO NOT shop there

nadian12
12/12/18

I am not sure if this is the same company as Okbridal.co.uk. However, if it is, then they are a scam!!! I am highly disappointed in this company, as you all sent me a dress that appears used. The presentation of the packaging was outrageous and extremely tacky.The whole package reeked to the point, we didn't even want to open the bag.The dress was to be mailed to another country in due time, but due to its potent smell, I am terrified to send it to my sister who would be getting married in less than 1 month.This is the worst experience ever!!! I have tried reaching out to them via email (as that appears to be the only method), however, they have yet to respond to me. When I was making the purchase and had questions, they were quick to respond. Now that I have an issue, it has been over the 24 hour mark )(like they guaranteed), and have yet to receive a response.

emmaf72
8/10/18

Dresss can not be worn as zip won't go up. Poor quality for what was delivered. I can't believe I paid £187 for a piece of worthless tat.

hayleyw18
5/31/18

Sizes are so far out it's ridiculous and unless you take photos no exchange or refund given
Absolute joke of a company wirh no one to talk to that speaks English as although says UK company it's not. I would avoid at all cost. I've lost £350 because of a company that shouldn't be selling dresses so far from the real sizes and not offering any alternative.

gaylet3
3/17/17

This is a classic rip off site where china based company is trying to replicate dresses and doing it pooorly! The two bridesmaid dresses I ordered for my wedding were different designs to the picture on the site and the wrong length and the company does not acknowledge when you show them obvious photographic evidence of the fact the dress is completely wrong and the website picture is misleading and will not give out refunds.

Don't be enticed by the nice pictures on the site. Be careful and don't add stress to your occasion - its so disappointing!

katieb64
8/24/16

Ordered 3 bridesmaids dresses which arrived feeling very cheap and were a totally different colour to that which appeared on the website. Emailed immediately, they keep insisting they are the same colour, told me the lighting on my photo's was wrong and refused to take them back despite them being obliged to. Repeatedly refused to honour their legal obligations so now I'm reporting them to trading standards and opening up a small claims court action against them. Terrible company, terrible service, seem totally unaware of their obligations in the UK. If anyone fancies a class suit to them (given how bad this is I'm determined to get their ability to take card payments removed which shuts them down) send me your details at okdressconsumeraction@outlook.com and I'll speak to the lawyer once enough are gathered. Also report them to your local trading standards office (just google your town and trading standards and inform them there are also reports coming from at least Manchester) as I have.

lauram191
8/8/16

I ordered 2 bridesmaids dresses from this company. I had to pay extra duty when they arrived. Had I known what I was paying for I wouldn't have bothered! They were both awful. Quality and finish was terrible. Badly fitting with the wrong measurements. I contacted them (several times) for a refund. It says on their website that they will refund for incorrect sizing - it's NOT TRUE! In the end they offered me a maximum of 20% refund (which I never received). The dresses went in the bin. Do not trust this company. Even though it has a .co.uk website, it's based in China and doesn't give a damn about UK trading standards. AVOID!

anastasiag7
7/12/16

Me and my gfs ordered 4 bridesmaids dresses, all the sizes came wrong - somehow larger than needed so had to be alternated. Mine was 3 sizes smaller! As the wedding was too close already I was not able to be a bridesmaid, I have contacted Okdress and asked to return it. Item was unworn, unwashed and with original tags and packaging. As per their policy I could return it within 2 weeks.
Now that happened in February, now it's mid-July and I still got the dress! I have to follow up every week with them and they don't want to return the money and take the dress back. They checked with their Chinese taylor and (surpise!) were told the dress is ok. After I have provided pictures they offered me "to give the dress to a friend".

Until now I was not contacted by any manager and since last month they are not in contact at all!!

Don't ever order a dress from them, because if it's wrong size you will never get a refund!

Anastasia

donnag60
6/2/16

The quality of the clothing is extremely poor, the service is appalling, and the fabric used is ridiculous. Do not use this company you will waste your time, money and you will be extremely disappointed.

This was the first and the last time I ever purchase a dress online, I purchased an evening dress for a special occasion from these people. I paid for it to arrive in good time for my event, I paid the additional cost for it to be bespoke, it arrived after the event even though I had been chasing, and then I had to buy another dress for my event. When the dress eventually arrived there was so much wrong with it the stitching was lopsided, the cuffs where far too big, the back was too wide so the shoulders did not stay up, the dress was far too long, but the worst thing was the lining of the dress the fabric was so stiff that you couldn't sit down the whole thing was a mess. When I contacted them they said they could not help and if I keep the dress they could send me 15% of the purchase price back. For me to send the dress back it would have been so expensive, the cost for me to have alterations done in the UK has cost me nearly the price of the dress. So again I say DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM OK DRESS YOU WILL REGRET IT!

milenak
3/11/16

Late with delivery! Don't want give me refunds. Very unprofessional! !@@ !!!!

chloen5
3/8/16

This company is absolutely awful. They charge extortionate amounts for delivery which does not cover import taxes so you will have to pay extra when they arrive in the UK. They outright refuse to refund your items. Absolutely terrible service, please tell all your friends not to use this site, they are scammers.

rom1281
3/3/16

My dress arrived with two obvious marks on the front. They told me to 'wash it'! There are no care labels so I didn't want to take the chance in case I spoilt it. They then said they would not refund the shipping costs which were over £20 and I would have to pay further delivery charges to ship it back! You are also buying a dress from China which is not made clear on purchase I only discovered this when I tracked my order.
Avoid at all costs.........

mariem17
2/2/16

I am really worried, after seeing all the negative reviews, I have been told my daughters dress will be here on Friday 5th Feb 2016, I have to pay another £17 tax duty. I thought I had paid for postage already ( not knowing it was from China) what would happen if It turns out to be nothing like I expect. I've paid £135 so far, can't afford to be any more out of pocket? Anyone got some pics of recently received dresses to put my mind at ease?

elizabethh94
1/25/16

It was a headache from start to finish, although the dresses are alright they are not worth the amount I paid for them, wouldn't use them again and most certainly would never recommend to anybody. And another thing they are not in the UK they are in China.

emmal49
12/22/15

I bought a dress believing it would be made in the UK. I then had a message to say I had to pay £15 duty tax. I had already spent £30 on delivery! The dress was supposed to be custom made and it came 6 inches too short!!! They are refusing to give me my £157 back and even though I have sent many photographs as evidence they keep coming back to me to say they will only give me 10% of my money back! It also came with stains on! There English is very poor when trying to communicate through email too. Absolutely gutted, I ha no dress to wear and have lost lots of money on a product that isn't what it states to be!!

kristinab16
11/7/15

I paid 90£ pounds for a dress, shiping price was 30£, i didn't get it in time, after long conversations they said i will get it, i get messenge from DHL that i need to pay extra 15 pounds for delivery couse it was unpaid.
In the end of story i get dress with stain mark, too large, and from cheap quality material.
I was asking for UK return adress, and they not giving it to me. And they not giving money back.
NEVER BUY FROM THIS PAGE!

sarahw100
10/9/15

Ordered a prom dress for my daughter. It came quite quickly and is quite well made but is about 3 sizes to small. The measurements of the dress are inches smaller than the company state on their size guide. When customer services bother to reply to emails they fob you off and there is obviously no chance of a refund. I think if you take a chance on this kind of site being disappointed and risking losing your money is a chance you have to take. I'll never ever buy anything from sites like these again and would not recommend that others do either.

gracek15
8/29/15

Do not buy from them. They pretend beeing from UK, they send from Singapore. Maybe you will be custom charged like i was, depending the country your from. You see a picture, but is not what you'll get. They will try to make something like in picture, but will be a fail, like the dress they send to me. I ordered a 230 GBP thinking if is expensive is because i will get it just like in picture. Dress on picture included applied lace and embroidery on bust, i got a dress without any lace on bust, looking cheap, horrible. I had to buy another dress (from other place). I send them an email with the dress they sent, and the picture from their website, and asked for full refund, and address to send it back, they start to tell me how expensive will be for me to send it back. Never gived me address to send it back. They just agreed with me is not like in picture, and refund 30% amount. I remained with 200GBP gived in vain, for a dress that looks like a 50GBP dress.

denisac2
8/25/15

Don't order from this company, if you are from england because they didn't tell me that i have to pay more money for clearance evant... I paid£136 for dress and btw they didnt fit me.. and now i have to pay£50 extra... i will tell every one NEVER BUY FROM BLOODY F.. CHINE

rosec30
8/24/15

This is probably the first review i have ever written because i want to warn people of how bad this company is.

I ordered a dress a few months ago, it took a few weeks to arrive and when it did the first thing i noticed when i opened the packaging was a distinct fishy smell. It was awful!

Then i pull out the dress to find that the dress had't actually been finished as one of the back panels of the dress hadn't been joined.

I sent it back via their confusing and unclear returns policy, paying a further £17/18 in postage costs. I waited and waited and waited and received no refund or email about my return.

I emailed them:

Good afternoon,

After receiving my order from you I returned it to the address given as it was faulty.

I enclosed a letter explaining the faults on the dress and asked that you provide me with a full refund. I have not received this refund or any correspondence from you to acknowledge that you have received my return.

I sent the return tracked and signed on the 07/06/2015 so I know it has been received. I also requested that you reimburse me for the return postage which was a total of £17.20, as it was a fault with the dress that lead me to returning it.

I would be grateful for a response.
Many thanks

This was their reply:

Dear ****,
We feel so sorry for all the inconvenience brought to you but you know that your dress is made by our experience tailor who spent a lot of extra time on making it,there is no any size and quality problem, you can't make us undertake all the responsibility just because you don't like it.And as you know that our dresses are all custom made, we won't do the second sell.
We have spent a lot of labour and material on it,really wish you understand that.
We will not assume the shipping fee to China. And we will not refund the shipping fee to your country when the dress is shipped from China. Hope you can acknowledge that. We would just refund the amount of the dress to you.
We will arrange the refund as soon as possible!
Have a nice Day!
Kind Regards

I sent another email, to which their reply was:

Dear ****,
We have checked for your dress and there is nothing wrong with it. We have also cost a lot. The price of dress is our biggest sincerity and concession we can make up for it. Your acceptance will be highly appreciated to us!
Hope you can acknowledge that We will arrange the refund as soon as possible if you accept the suggestion.
Have a nice Day!
Kind Regards

After feeling totally ripped off and outraged at their rudeness i have twice asked for details of their complaints policy - which they have not provided as it probably doesn't exist!
I have demanded my refund back and will push for my reimbursment for the £40 postage cost i paid.

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote the good reviews themselves. Their customer service is so poor! More concerned with giving my money back to me at their loss than taking responsibility for what they've done. Total scammers.

sydneyc13
8/10/15

Over the couple of weeks i have been in touch with OKdress about my order I placed back in April. The dresses i received were poorly made and are nothing like the dresses in the pictures. I have been to many alteration shops to get them altered but no one will alter them due to the poor quality of the dresses. Due to this, I have been in contact with the company with the issue and asked for a full refund due to the dresses not being of any use as they cant be altered neither worn. My wedding is in 3 weeks, and they have told me that they feel sorry for me - but they will not give me a refund as there company will be at a loss!! I have been treated poorly as a customer - i have spent £600 on these dresses and they are refusing to help me. I advised everyone not to use them as the picture they advertise are very deceiving and the quality of the dresses are very Poor. I now have no bridesmaids dresses for my wedding and all Okdress can say is that they feel sorry for me!! I am absolutely gutted that i have no dresses and i am at a £600 loss :(

sarahi16
6/19/15

Purchased a dress from okdress believing it to be a British site, only to realise after purchasing that the items are made in China and that it's actually a Chinese website.
After receiving my dress today, I was so disappointed how badly and unprofessional the dress was made. It was definitely NOT made by someone who can sew. The dress is unwearable and I'm out £65.00. Something needs to be done about these deceptions.

dustyp6
6/16/15

With less then a month to get my dress after being ask to be maid of honor in my brothers wedding and shopping on line finding the cheapest place to order a pink camo dress was $295 so when I found this company and that they had the dress I needed for only $95 you could understand how excited I was!! I mean it just sounded to good to be true...and boy was it!!!! After ordering the dress on 6/2/15 and paying an extra $24.95 for 2-3 day delivery I became really concerned when by 6/10/15 I had not heard anything so I called the company who apologized that they were in there busy season but had reassured me that my dress was in production and would mail out by 6/15/15....cutting it close considering the weeding is 6/20/15!!! The very next morning (6/11 @6:30am!!) I received an email from the company apologizing that they did not have the fabric I ordered in stock and tried convincing me to go with something else!!!!!!!!!! After receiving this email I immediately demanded a refund and contact another company who was more than happy to accommodate even on such short notice (CamoFormal.com which I HIGHLY recommend) and have every since being fighting to get them to refund my money. I have since on 6/15 contacted my bank which I had to file a claim with!! This place is a joke!!! My suggestion to you is.... IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THATS PROBABLY BECAUSE IT IS!!!

hayleyc7
6/15/15

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! My Mum paid just under £200 for two dresses and another £50 for delivery for two dresses. The pictures of the dresses were stunning, so as you can imagine, we fell in love with them and were so excited. When they arrived, they were crammed into a box, they were completely the wrong size, they were made from polyester NOT chiffon as ordered, AND there were grease stains COVERING the dresses!

When I contacted the company they were less than helpful, and couldn't care less about the state of the dresses.

Now my Mum has pretty much lost out on all of that money and we are two bridesmaid dresses short.

I tried to write a review on the website to try and stop as many people as I could, but when I asked them how I can leave a review, they would not tell me.

I don't want anyone to have as poor of an experience as we have had.

Sites like this make me sick, they do nothing but rip hardworking people off and take there money with no care in the world!

Shocking!

No you can't.. I've been trying for weeks because they sent me a dress 6 inches too short and it was covered in stains.. They are refusing to give me my money back even though I've sent pictures for evidence. They are very rude and told me it's no good to them and there's nothing wrong with it! Horrible company

By Emma L.

The dresses I ordered took over 2 weeks to arrive, and I was gutted when they turned up wrong. I'd advise having a back up plan just incase

By Hayley C.

I used the online chat to keep a trace on my order. No problems and was delivered on time and dresses were good

By Alison M.

Tbh I didn't try but heard they are appalling at refunds!!! I think the jist of it was that you wouldn't get your full refund and it wasn't really worth the hassle for the amount that you got back. Don't order from them!!!!

By Elizabeth H.

Honestly it's not worth the risk, yes they're cheaper and you're saving money but they're done to a really poor standard - and the ones I ordered were just a plain satin material, no fancy business. I've emailed their customer service frequently and even after they eventually said they would compensate me 10% of what I spent I've since received nothing and now don't get replys to my emails at all. My honest opinion is you'll more likely than not need to pay for alterations for the dress as well as the dress price and shipping, if that works out cheaper for you than getting another dress than it might work but it didn't work for me.

By Amber G.

Questions? Get answers from the OKdress.co.uk staff and other customers.

OKdress.co.uk?