Review of NZSale.nz

contactus@nzsale.co.nz

63 reviews with 1 star

margaretn54
12/21/18

Every time I called the wellington number, I have been put onhold for 20 so minutes and in the end I have to leave a message which no one ever call back. I don't know if there was anyone there....I have a credit for returning goods, but I can't use it for my new purchase. I left emails and messages, no one do anything, this is the kind of service I received.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey Margaret, thanks for reaching out to us here. I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to get in touch with us and for the late response. I do hope that you have now contacted us and this has now been resolved. Thanks
judiths215
12/18/18

NEVER buy anything from NZSale. I am lost for words about the appalling product I received and the abysmal follow up to my complaint. I paid for a pair of new shoes and received a disgusting pair of used shoes. The black pattern on the insole was partially worn off and there was blood/exudate over the bunion area inside both shoes. Thankfully I have received the refund but I am still waiting for a response to my complaint. How is it possible to receive 2nd hand goods being sold as new shoes? I will NEVER purchase anything from NZSale again.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey Judith thanks for reaching out to us here. I'm sorry for the condition of the shoes you received and for the late response. I do hope that someone has got back to you with regards to this. Thank you.
harrieta6
12/11/18

Ordered an expensive fragrance for my partner. Originally due 22-27 November, according to order tracking the item was delivered into the uk warehouse on 14/11 and should have been shipped on 16/11. As I could see nothing happening, I followed up and finally it was shipped 28/11 to arrive in 7-10 working days. Except the parcel tracker doesn't work. Multiple emails and phone calls later, still no one knows where the parcel is and can give no update. All I get back are generic cut and paste answers (apart from the reply I got that was meant for another client not related o my order). So here we are, 12th December and still no parcel, no commitment to when it will arrive or even any inkling of care from nz sale. I don't generally complain but the service (or lack thereof) has been absolutely appalling.
Let's see how I go getting a refund...

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Harriet. Firstly my sincere apologies for the late response here and I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with your order. I do hope you have received this now and if there's anything further you need, please do reach out to us on our Facebook page or provide us with an order no here. I would love to look into this, Thanks.
georges513
12/11/18

I done afew small purchases, went well till I done big purchases and now they have a large sum of my money with no reply nor no items sent to me. I have sent over 20 messages with no replys I hate this site they are happy to send automated messages but not refund my funds hate them for the stress an the lack of customer care

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello George, thank you for sharing this experience with us. I am sorry that your messages had not been responded to. I do hope that this issue has now been resolved. If this is not the case, please do send us a message with your order number and we'd look into this for you.
pipw2
12/10/18

I received the wrong order and straight away messaged them, not a single reply to date after my third message. It was meant for a Christmas present, now looks like I'll have to spend more money buying something else instead.

Really bad service - I paid for a product upfront that I haven't received and they can't even do the right thing by amending their mistake, let alone replying to my messages.

I do like their products, however I'm concerned to make anymore orders if this is what happens.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Pip, thank you for writing to us. I apologize for the delayed reply. I am sorry that your order was incorrect and that you had not gotten a reply. I hope this issue has now been resolved and if this is not the case, please do provide us with your order number and we'd look into this for you.
roryc28
11/28/18

I bought a $35 piece of artwork from NZSale on Sep 3.

I received the wrong one on Sep 30 and contacted NZSale that same day. I said I was happy with either a replacement or refund.

After exchanging a few messages, I was told that NZSale could not provide a replacement and instead would send me a postage bag to return the item at their expense. They assured me that after receiving the package at their warehouse, they would issue a refund.

Almost a month later, this postage bag still had not arrived.

I messaged NZ Sale on Oct 31 and they replied on Nov 1 telling me to organise the return of the artwork directly with Castle Parcels myself.

After several emails back and forth with Castle Parcels, the local branch called me on Nov 12 and agreed to pick up the package the next day.

NZSale confirmed their receipt of the artwork on Nov 22 and gave me $35 store credit.

I messaged them that afternoon and asked for a refund instead. I also mentioned that the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Section 23.3, states "The obligation to refund cannot be satisfied by permitting the consumer to acquire goods from the supplier".

NZSale replied on Nov 23 with this message: "Based on your reason for return, you have not been eligible for a refund as per our Return Policy. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to assist you with a refund in this instance as an exception as I can see you are a valuable customer of ours."

I responded by quoting Section 2 of NZSale's Return Policy: "If the item you have received is so different from the description that you would not have bought it, you are entitled to a refund under the Law". I referred once again to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 as well as the Fair Trading Act 1986, and mentioned that my next point of contact would be the Commerce Commission if a refund did not occur.

I received an email from PayPal on Nov 27 saying that a refund of $35 had been actioned. This appeared in my bank account the next day.

NZSale replied to my last message on Nov 28. They said they were "extremely sorry" and "will speak with the warehouse team to find out if this is a genuine mistake".

All in all, my experience with NZSale has been arduous and frustrating. It took two months from the date I received the wrong item to finally get a refund.

NZSale's message sent Nov 23, which called me a "valuable customer" and implied providing a refund was a generous offer beyond their legal obligations, was simply insulting. It should not have required reference to trading legislation and mention of contacting the Commerce Commission for NZSale to finally acknowledge their error and credit a refund.

I never intend to shop with NZSale again and I recommend nobody else does. It just is not worth the risk given the many other websites available, such as AliExpress, for cheap clothing and other products.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Rory, I apologise for the delayed reply. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our team. We do not have a free postage bag. I am sorry for the misinformation. In the event that an item arrives incorrect, we'd be able to organize for the item to be picked up at our cost and we would issue you with a refund. I am sorry that you had been provided with a credit as opposed to a refund once it had been returned. I'd send this feedback to our team to ensure these are not repeated and I am sorry that we have lost you. Please do let me know if there is anything we can do.
timl234
11/26/18

How can they name their site NZSale when stock is processed in Shenzen and has been sitting 7 days at PB Transport still no idea when I will receive it!!! Getting pretty angry now!!
Not Recommended!!

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Tim, thank you for your message. We do have suppliers from various parts of the world and we do have offices in various countries. I am sorry that your order has been delayed. I apologise for the delay in the delivery of your order.
rachaelj15
11/12/18

Appalling Service! The site did not save my changes to delivery address so they sent item to the wrong address. When I followed up the item it took several messages on their website and a complaint through PayPal for anyone to even respond to me. When they did respond they were rude and less than helpful. We managed to retrieve the item ourselves by contacting the people at the address where NZSale had wrongly sent the item, but it was the wrong size. We arranged for a return and dropped it back to the warehouse where we were told that the sizing is often wrong and they could not process our refund as this would have to be processed by head office. Two weeks later we are still waiting for our refund, I have left messages on their website once again as there is no contact phone number for them (the only phone number I can find for them online has been disconnected) but surprise, surprise, nobody has responded to my messages! Two words - Never Again!!

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Rachael, I apologise for the delayed reply. Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your messages were not replied to promptly and that your order had been sent incorrectly. Can I check if this issue has now been resolved? I am really sorry for this experience as I am unable to check without your order number and I am sorry that this was not dealt with as smoothly as you had expected.
ms414
10/27/18

They sell fake products, luckily I was familiar enough with the products I bought that I could spot that they were not the real deal, I let them know they were fakes and to their credit they let me return them, but it was a hassle and they still continue to sell the same fake products, so they're $#*!ty and unethical.

Tip for consumers: Realise if you buy a branded product that there is a HIGH chance you're buying counterfeit knock off $#*!.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello MS, I apologise for the delayed reply. Thank you for your feedback. All our products are a 100% authentic and we ensure that our suppliers are legit and our buying teams ensure that there paperwork for the authenticity. I am sorry that your order did not arrive as expected and that you have been credited for them.
cameronh66
9/18/18

NZ sale are thieves! My partner and myself bought Samsung S7 Edges, turns out they are fakes. We continually get pop up ads. I took mine to a phone repair place but the repair didn't work. When I took it back he inspected it closely and said it's a fake

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Cameron, we always endeavour to provide the best quality products at the right prices. We hope that you have reached out to our Member Relations Team so that we can look into this for you as if the product is not as it should be our team is here to help. Alternatively please do reach out to directly on 04 974 7258.
thuongn
9/17/18

I thought of stopping buying products from NZSale long time ago, but what I mistake I made? I recently saw good reviews for this website so I thought that it is improved, I will give it another chance.

But......... I just bought a Pandora charm and another necklace, all is fake. Even worse, they feel so cheap. I don't think they are even silver.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Thuong N, thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent purchase. All of our products are 100% authentic, we deal with many brands directly or with their official suppliers.
On occasion we may sell items that have not been sold locally. Rest assured that these products are legitimate and that they may simply not have been offered as part of the range within our market. If you do have any issues with a purchase please do send in your concerns directly via your account and contact us or please do call us directly on 04 974 7258
kateg94
9/8/18

Bought a new iPhone 6+ In JUNE, phone arrived 7weeks later, faulty and missing some of the stated accessories. Contacted same day, took 2 weeks to get a returns number, they agreed to refund, so I posted it. I had to email to get an update 10days later as the money hadn't been returned, they replied saying it had been sent for repairs that day. I had already declined this as they said they use refurbished parts to repair and it was a brand new phone. I emailed to say as such and have sent 4 emails over the last 3 weeks to find out what is happening and have not had a single response. It is now SEPTEMBER!! $600 and no product. It's outright theft!!

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Kate, Can I please ask you to call us directly on 04 974 7258 so that we can check into this further and review the correspondence from our team.
Our Teams can generally reply within 24 hours during business days for return requests and most other queries. I look forward to hearing from you so that we can sort this out for you as quickly as possible.
jamesh1011
8/23/18

Potential Small Claims Tribunal claim;
I initially purchased a dog bed which was too small, I sent it back and expected a refund. Instead you gave me a store credit.

I hate store credit because I'm then forced to purchase off people who clearly never intend to give refunds (as they should).

So to clear this store credit I purchased an item that required me to pay an extra $2. The PayPal checkout showed I needed to pay $2 and after I'd gone through the checkout you had actually charged me $8 which is close to fraud and theft.

I then phoned your store and the suggested the cancel the order and make a new order that used all the store credit.

I did this and ended up in the current situation where the item you sold me is not in stock and you are now ATTEMPTING TO GIVE ME A BLOODY STORE CREDIT!!!!!

I DEMAND A REFUND!!

You have advertised and sold items which you don't have and now you are attempting to keep my money as store credit which expires!

I demand a refund

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi James, thank you for sharing your recent experience with NZSale, if you receive an item as advertised, in a fine condition, free from defect or fault, as per our change of mind return policy, we will issue a store credit. As you have explained that the order was then unfulfilled and more investigation needs to be done. Please do reach out directly via your account and contact us so that our team can check into this for you and resolve this for you.
nataliam36
6/5/18
• Updated review

So, it took over 10 (ten) messages for them to understand what was wrong with my purchase. (bought 5 items, 3 came wrong)

Now they want me to send the wrong goods back so they can give my money back, because they don't have the 3 items of my original purchase. (and they will only give my money back, as soon as i give the goods back) - and i'm struggling to find a box that fits everything to ship for them. :(

stay away people!

Tip for consumers: don't. Buy. from. NzSale!

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Natalie, we are concerned that your message was not understood clearly on your first one. If you ever have any issues please do call us directly on 04 974 7258 as our team is here to help
“really bad experience.”
5/16/18
• Previous review

so, i've made my 1st (and only purchase) 21st of april. even tho they set the date for the shipping, NZSale didn't respect the deadline (by a week).

and today 17 may, got my purchase, and half of it came wrong.
wrote them, but still no reply.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Natalia M, we appreciate your honest feedback. We work hard to minimize the time our customers have to wait for delivery, however in most instances working the way we do is the only way to get the cheapest prices. I am also concerned to hear that you have not received a reply from our Team as they can generally reply within 24 hours during business days. Please do call us directly on 04 974 7258 so that we can look into this more for you and help resolve this as soon as possible.
angw7
5/16/18

Appalling service, communication and packaging. Im used NZ Sale for the first time and Ill never use again. My items arrived later than the estimated time frame and they were all scrunched up and shoved in a courier bag. No care was taken to fold or protect them when I contacted them to see if this was an error, they werent interested and wouldnt respond. DO NOT VISIT NZ SALE - its just not worth it!

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Ang W, thank you for sharing your recent NZSale experience, I am concerned to hear that you have not received a response from our team regarding your message, as we can generally respond to most queries within 24 hours during business days. Could you please call us directly on 04 974 7258 so that we can review this and look into your concerns more fully
michellew238
4/30/18

I have had several good experiences with this site. However I had to return my watch to be repaired in JANUARY and despite a number of emails to them I still havent Received it back. They no longer respond to emails and there doesnt seem to be any other way to contact them.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Michelle, thank you for sharing your recent NZSale experience. Allow me to take this opportunity to apologise that your watch has not be returned to you and that you have not had a helpful encounter with our team. So that we can investigate the whereabouts of this as well as to review the correspondence that you have had with the team, could you please call our office on 04 974 7258. If you are unable to get through please be sure to leave a message with your contact details and we be sure to give you a call back
jesusl31
4/30/18

I'm a regular customer and I can say... don't waste your time and money buying in Nzsale. Most of the times they are fake sales and not real. They bring up the prices to later say they are applying a big discount. If you see a good item with a big discount and if you buy it, they make you wait between 3 or 4 weeks and then they cancel your order and refund for this item. But they don't refund the shipping cost. It happened to me more than 6 times in the last 6 months. After dealing with the automated customer service that doesn't read you messages I dealt with * (Customer Service Manager) to try to get the items I purchased. After 1 hour talking over the phone with her I finally got the products. And now, I have the same problem again.... very tired to deal with them again. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH NZSALE.

*Personal information redacted by admin

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Jesus, thank you for sharing your comments and review of NZSale. I can confirm that NZSale does not support nor participate in the sale of illegal trade of counterfeit goods. We work directly with authorized brand partners and official resellers to ensure that the goods listed on our website our genuine and authentic. So that we can discuss your issue in further detail, can you please call our office on 04 974 7258
hilaryg11
4/16/18

They take your money and then tell you they can't supply , and then don't refund the money, just give a store credit. Another time I ordered black shoes and was sent brown, they obviously had no black ones left so hoped I wouldn't notice ! No apology or responsibility taken by them, just a store credit . I'll never deal with them again.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Hilary, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we reply on our supplier to provide accurate inventory lists so that we can ensure that none of our customers miss out, in saying that if this has occurred the items will be refunded back via your original method of payment. Should you have unfortunately also received an item that is not as described - we would definitely appreciate the chance to review what has happened as well as ensue that we can assist you with a refund. If you have any pending inquiries or concerns, please so not hesitate to call our office on 04 974 7258
lilyw37
4/12/18

Be aware that NZ sale changed their return policy recently that makes return / refund very difficult. They used to state clearly if a product is refundable but now they simply show on page refer to our return policy. When you do request a return they decline it without giving reasons. After much persuing and probing their robotic answering system, you find out because it is from a warehouse stock so no retuen is allowed.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Lily W, thank you for your recent review and sorry to hear that you have not found our returns easy. May I please ask you to call us directly on 04 974 7258 so that we can answer any queries you may have regarding this
hannahl67
4/11/18

brought a 'refurbished' phone, the phone is simply second hand. The speakers are covered in dust and dirt, there is paint chips every where, there is a crack in the screen which would cost a refurbisher about $10 to fix so sending them with cracks is really not acceptable as a small crack in the glass will affect the use of the phone and if it gets a small bump it will just continue cracking. Lastly the service from this sight has been appalling, they completely ignore the point to your enquiries, shipping was over a week late and they only started doing something about it when confronted, this is the worst transaction i have ever had and i would definitely not recommend purchasing anything from this site as your are obviously just going to get shabby cheap quality.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Hannah L, we are sorry to hear that your latest NZSale purchase was not up to standard. We pride ourselves on getting our customers the best products at the best prices and are concerned to hear that this has not occurred in this instance. Please accept our apologies that the responses you have received from our team are not as they should be and for any inconvenience this may of caused. May I please ask you to call us directly on 04 974 7258 so that we can ensure this is resolved for you as soon as possible
coreyt12
3/17/18

I ordered my items on 2 March and was told I would receive it between 11-16 March. When nothing arrived by 16 March, I emailed NZSALE and received a response saying: 'the items have just been dispatched from the UK today (16 March) so please allow another 10 working days for them to arrive'. When I sent several more emails requesting a proper explanation like any other proper or professional business would give you, they kept sending me the same response with the following line added: 'sorry for the inconvenience' - which just pissed me off even more. No accountability at all from NZSALE which is pathetic! They're a bunch of twats that just care about getting your money and dont give a stuff about when you actually get your goods! It seems like they have been doing this to hundreds of other customers based on all the other reviews I've read and I know NZSALE will get theirs soon enough! I've already made formal complaints with the Commerce Commission and Consumer Affairs for breaches to the Consumer Guarantees and the Fair Trading Acts! I would encourage anyone/everyone in a similar situation to do the same to stop them from doing this to hundreds of others!

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Corey T, thank you for your honest feedback with your recent experience with NZSale. We work hard to minimize the time our customers have to wait for delivery, however in most instances working in the way we do it the only way to get the cheapest prices. Generally our transit times are 21 days after the sale finishes and we would like the opportunity to further investigate. Please do call us directly on 04 974 7258 so that we can look into this further for you
marlenem40
2/2/18

False descriptions,they take your money ,then tell you they can not get goods,about a month later.( even when it says they have goods in stock )
So they are getting interest on your money,which you dont get when they refund which can take up to 5 days to get.
Other shops only take your money when they send your goods.
The Commerse Commission should look into them

Tip for consumers: If you are really wanting a item they are advertising,buy some where else,as there is no guarantee you will get it from NZ Sales,Even when it says they have it in stock.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Marlene, thank you for taking the time to share your comments and review. Our Buying Team works closely with our suppliers to describe the goods on our site as closely as possible. With saying that, should anything be received that is not as described - we would definitely appreciate the chance to review what has happened as well as ensure that we can assist you with a refund.
We work hard to minimize the time our customers have to wait for delivery, however in most instances working in the way we do is the only way to get the cheapest prices.
If you do have any further issues please do reach out to our Member Relations Team via the web site or call us on 04 974 7258
paulr281
1/30/18

Have bought a lot from this company over the years, but their customer service has rapidly downhill. Their "contact" system is cumbersome, slow and obtuse, and designed to make you give up.
Bought a pair of shoes that failed on on the 3rd time I wore them, got told as 21 days had passed I wasn't entitled to a refund and it was "fair wear and tear" without even seeing the issue.
These guys thumb their nose at warranties, the fair trading act, and the consumer guarantees act, unsure how they are allowed to operate in NZ.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Paul R, thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback and review and we are sorry to hear that you do not feel supported in your shopping experience with NZSale. Could I please ask you to call our Head Office on 04 974 7258 so that we can review your query and the correspondence you have received from our Team. We would love to hear from you so that we can look into this further and set things right.
derejkc
1/17/18

False descriptions, lies, overpriced junk that is available on Aliexpress for a fraction of their 'discounted' prices. Avoid doing business with them. They told me it was a Swiss sports function watch with box and instructions...was a chinese watch (skmei), no box, no instructions and no battery and the face scratched. Claimed original price was $458 but discounted to $55 yet this watch is available on Aliexpress for $9 !!!! I gave one star because I can't give zero stars. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY....IT'S A CON!
Stop press; I contacted the NZ Commerce Commission who found in my favour and were aware of these fraudsters.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Derejk C, thank you for sharing your concerns on your recent NZSale experience we always endeavour to provide the best quality products at the right prices. We hope that you have reached out to our Member Relations Team via the web site so that we can assist you further and set things straight.
lexined
12/17/17

Ordered from NZ Sale 18th October, 18th December and still have not received the items. Have contacted NZ Sale 3 times asking what is going on and get nothing but a computer generated response. Crap Service...Crap site...really disappointed!
Do NOT buy from this site.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Lexine, thank you for taking the time to share your review and sorry to hear that you have not had any resolution to your query regarding items that you have not yet received. Could I please ask you to reach out to our Head Office on 04 974 7258 so that we can assist you with resolving this as quickly as we can

Hi Sheryl, thank you for your message and I am sorry to hear that you have not received a response for your queries. Could you please send a photo of the item received that shows the size to attachment@mysale.com. Please include the order number as well. Looking forward for your reply.

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hello Tania, Thank you for your question.To use a store credit, promotional code or voucher simply browse our sales: 1. Add your favourite items to your cart 2. Click "Äpply Voucher" at the payment details section 3. Select the amount you'd like to redeem which is available in your account during the checkout stage. From here, we'll deduct the value of the credit from your order. You can view your available vouchers and their expiry by visiting the My Vouchers section of your Account. Please note that vouchers can only be used on sales event items and not their postage. Any leftover or unused vouchers will be reinstated on your Account. Be sure to keep note of the 'use before' date that is listed on your Account to avoid missing out! Should you apply a voucher to your order and not complete the transaction, it may take our system up to 15 minutes to refresh and to return your voucher back to your account. Make sure you click on the voucher before you confirm payment as it's not possible to add a voucher after you've completed your order!

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hello Shipra, Thank you for your question. I apologise for the delayed reply. You can find our return policy here : https://www.nzsale.co.nz/ReturnPolicy.aspx?cid=10

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hello Oskar, thank you for your question. I apologise for the delayed reply. All information on product is available on the website under the product information.

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Bruce, our estimated delivery times are listed directly on the site, and beside each individual item along with which warehouse they are being dispatched from

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Brydie, any issues you have with lost items please do reach out directly via your account and contact us, we will raise this directly with the respective couriers

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Lynelle, once your request has come through our team will send you through the details on how to return your item to us, if this has not reached you, please do send us through a message directly via your account and "Contact Us' so that we can send through all of the information

Hi AS, all of our products are 100% authentic

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Rhonda, thanks for messaging in, these dates are only estimated as transportation and other factors are beyond our control, so we are not able to guarantee delivery times. These estimated dates are when we expect the orders from this sale to be delivered. Once you place an order you can track this directly via your account through to your door, and if you have any queries please just send us a message directly via your account and contact us as our Team is here to help

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Angela, thanks for messaging in, we source goods from numerous sources around the World, with teams in Australia, USA and across Europe, we have access to the best international brands. We deal with many brands directly or with their official suppliers and therefore able to offer this amazing deals

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Questions? Get answers from the NZSale.nz staff and other customers.

10 Photos for NZSale.nz