Review of NZSale.nz

contactus@nzsale.co.nz

69 reviews with 1 star

mc561
4/5/19
Absolutely abysmal customer service. Reps copy-paste responses that don't answer your question/address the issue. It's common for items to be significantly (weeks/months) delayed past the expected deliver with no proactive contact from NZ sale whatsoever. I shopped shopping with NZ sale for almost a year after several awful customer service experiences and recently started again... only to see they still haven't bothered to address the issue. I won't be shopping with them again.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi M.C, Thank you for writing your feedback and experience with us. I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience with late delivery and also for not getting a prompt reply from our team. We value every customer and their business with us. We definitely will take your feedback to prosper and progress in our quality and service in future. I'm so sorry once again that this is not quite a good experience for you. Should you need further assistance, please do let me know. Thank you.
palomas5
3/28/19
Ordered 2 x Calvin Klein bralette and panty. Only received the tops and no bottoms thinking they might arrive later but didn't. I contacted the customer service ppl requesting they send the bottoms ASAP & their reply was - "Unfortunately we are not able to send you the bottoms as we don't keep stock of the item". Why would you advertise stock you don't have for sale!? Not impressed with their reply and only offered 50% refund for putting me out of pocket with their lies. Their customer replies were slow also, I will never be purchasing from their site again!!! BEWARE!
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Paloma, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the complete set. Our stocks are sent over by our suppliers and our team package them and send them to you. In the event that the order is not complete, like in your case, there is no excess stocks for us to organise the missing part of your order. As such, in this instance, the team will organise a refund for you. I am really sorry that this was not handled promptly and please do let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.
wendya112
3/17/19
Wouldnt let me log in and then told me card had expired, had to cancel out and redo, the whole thing took ages.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Wendy, thank you for sharing this with us. I apologise for the delayed reply. I am sorry to hear about this experience and please let me know if you have any other queries.
taniac25
3/9/19
These guys try to do everything right but delivery or maybe choice of deliverer let's them down. My latest item has been in my town and with courier since 9.30 Saturday morning. It is now Wednesday morning and not yet delivered. Huge let down and very disappointed in the level of service - again.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey Tania. Thank you for taking your time to write us a review here as we do appreciate all the feedback we receive.I'm sorry to hear that you're still waiting on for your order that has been delayed. Unfortunately when an order is dispatched the tracking details is not immediately available as it can take up to 5 business days sometimes for the tracking to commence. Please do reach out to us for more should you need any assistance to track your parcel and my team mates will be more than happy to assist. Rest assured that we are working hard to make your experience with us better each day.
rl168
2/26/19
I ordered items in January and it is almost MARCH and no sign of my order. I still have a missing shirt from this order number: 28442423; a missing coat, shirt and scarf from this order number: 28482261 and missing sunglasses from this order number: 28513008. I use this website a lot but it has become significantly worse recently and is almost unusable as a service. It is far too slow and annoying.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey RL, thanks for reaching out to us here and I'm really sorry to hear the delay of your orders. For order no 28442423, this was just dispatched on 26/1 from our warehouse in the UK and I do see that my team mate has provided you with the tracking details through contact message no 4793551. As for order no - 28482261 the shirt and shirt was just delivered to you. The scarf is being prepared to be dispatched. And lastly for order no 28513008 - this has now been delivered looking at the tracking details. Again our apologies for the delay and we are working hard to get back on track to deliver items to you within the estimated dates. If you need anything further, please do reach out to us.
louelleb
2/14/19
Failed to provide a refund when item was out of stock - provided a store credit instead (with a 6 month expiry deadline)
Received an email a month after purchasing items online to inform me that one item was out of stock and wasn't included in the dispatch. So they had effectively failed to manage their stock, and did not inform the purchaser of this at the time of sale. Also no offer to rectify or send the item once it becomes available.

They provided me with store credit for this (instead of a refund), stating that a part of the sale was composed of a voucher. This is despite the much larger proportion of the sale being topped up with my own money. I asked for a refund on part of the money I put towards the sale and they declined my request.

So as a consumer I'm now stuck with more store credit with a 6 month expiry, even though I don't intend to buy from them again, and I also didn't receive the item I spent time purchasing and waiting for,at no fault of my own. I'm also stuck spending more precious time just trying to get my own money back from them for an item I never received.

On the other hand, NZSale get people's money and no incentive to manage their stock better whatsoever.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey Louelle. Thank you for reaching out to us here and I must apologise for the late response. Please do allow me to explain on how we work. When you place an order with us, we generally do not have the stock in our warehouse. We will only receive the stock once the sale is completed.and if there's any discrepancy with the stock then an refund will be process. However, I'm sorry to see that the refund for this item was not refunded into you card and instead as Store Credit. I have just checked further into your account and I can see that the monies has now been credited into your credit card. Please do reach out to us if you need anything further.
margaretn54
12/21/18
Every time I called the wellington number, I have been put onhold for 20 so minutes and in the end I have to leave a message which no one ever call back. I don't know if there was anyone there....I have a credit for returning goods, but I can't use it for my new purchase. I left emails and messages, no one do anything, this is the kind of service I received.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey Margaret, thanks for reaching out to us here. I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to get in touch with us and for the late response. I do hope that you have now contacted us and this has now been resolved. Thanks
judiths215
12/18/18
NEVER buy anything from NZSale. I am lost for words about the appalling product I received and the abysmal follow up to my complaint. I paid for a pair of new shoes and received a disgusting pair of used shoes. The black pattern on the insole was partially worn off and there was blood/exudate over the bunion area inside both shoes. Thankfully I have received the refund but I am still waiting for a response to my complaint. How is it possible to receive 2nd hand goods being sold as new shoes? I will NEVER purchase anything from NZSale again.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey Judith thanks for reaching out to us here. I'm sorry for the condition of the shoes you received and for the late response. I do hope that someone has got back to you with regards to this. Thank you.
harrieta6
12/11/18
Ordered an expensive fragrance for my partner. Originally due 22-27 November, according to order tracking the item was delivered into the uk warehouse on 14/11 and should have been shipped on 16/11. As I could see nothing happening, I followed up and finally it was shipped 28/11 to arrive in 7-10 working days. Except the parcel tracker doesn't work. Multiple emails and phone calls later, still no one knows where the parcel is and can give no update. All I get back are generic cut and paste answers (apart from the reply I got that was meant for another client not related o my order). So here we are, 12th December and still no parcel, no commitment to when it will arrive or even any inkling of care from nz sale. I don't generally complain but the service (or lack thereof) has been absolutely appalling.
Let's see how I go getting a refund...
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Harriet. Firstly my sincere apologies for the late response here and I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with your order. I do hope you have received this now and if there's anything further you need, please do reach out to us on our Facebook page or provide us with an order no here. I would love to look into this, Thanks.
georges513
12/11/18
I done afew small purchases, went well till I done big purchases and now they have a large sum of my money with no reply nor no items sent to me. I have sent over 20 messages with no replys I hate this site they are happy to send automated messages but not refund my funds hate them for the stress an the lack of customer care
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello George, thank you for sharing this experience with us. I am sorry that your messages had not been responded to. I do hope that this issue has now been resolved. If this is not the case, please do send us a message with your order number and we'd look into this for you.
pipw2
12/10/18
I received the wrong order and straight away messaged them, not a single reply to date after my third message. It was meant for a Christmas present, now looks like I'll have to spend more money buying something else instead.

Really bad service - I paid for a product upfront that I haven't received and they can't even do the right thing by amending their mistake, let alone replying to my messages.

I do like their products, however I'm concerned to make anymore orders if this is what happens.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Pip, thank you for writing to us. I apologize for the delayed reply. I am sorry that your order was incorrect and that you had not gotten a reply. I hope this issue has now been resolved and if this is not the case, please do provide us with your order number and we'd look into this for you.
roryc28
11/28/18
I bought a $35 piece of artwork from NZSale on Sep 3.

I received the wrong one on Sep 30 and contacted NZSale that same day. I said I was happy with either a replacement or refund.

After exchanging a few messages, I was told that NZSale could not provide a replacement and instead would send me a postage bag to return the item at their expense. They assured me that after receiving the package at their warehouse, they would issue a refund.

Almost a month later, this postage bag still had not arrived.

I messaged NZ Sale on Oct 31 and they replied on Nov 1 telling me to organise the return of the artwork directly with Castle Parcels myself.

After several emails back and forth with Castle Parcels, the local branch called me on Nov 12 and agreed to pick up the package the next day.

NZSale confirmed their receipt of the artwork on Nov 22 and gave me $35 store credit.

I messaged them that afternoon and asked for a refund instead. I also mentioned that the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Section 23.3, states "The obligation to refund cannot be satisfied by permitting the consumer to acquire goods from the supplier".

NZSale replied on Nov 23 with this message: "Based on your reason for return, you have not been eligible for a refund as per our Return Policy. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to assist you with a refund in this instance as an exception as I can see you are a valuable customer of ours."

I responded by quoting Section 2 of NZSale's Return Policy: "If the item you have received is so different from the description that you would not have bought it, you are entitled to a refund under the Law". I referred once again to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 as well as the Fair Trading Act 1986, and mentioned that my next point of contact would be the Commerce Commission if a refund did not occur.

I received an email from PayPal on Nov 27 saying that a refund of $35 had been actioned. This appeared in my bank account the next day.

NZSale replied to my last message on Nov 28. They said they were "extremely sorry" and "will speak with the warehouse team to find out if this is a genuine mistake".

All in all, my experience with NZSale has been arduous and frustrating. It took two months from the date I received the wrong item to finally get a refund.

NZSale's message sent Nov 23, which called me a "valuable customer" and implied providing a refund was a generous offer beyond their legal obligations, was simply insulting. It should not have required reference to trading legislation and mention of contacting the Commerce Commission for NZSale to finally acknowledge their error and credit a refund.

I never intend to shop with NZSale again and I recommend nobody else does. It just is not worth the risk given the many other websites available, such as AliExpress, for cheap clothing and other products.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Rory, I apologise for the delayed reply. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our team. We do not have a free postage bag. I am sorry for the misinformation. In the event that an item arrives incorrect, we'd be able to organize for the item to be picked up at our cost and we would issue you with a refund. I am sorry that you had been provided with a credit as opposed to a refund once it had been returned. I'd send this feedback to our team to ensure these are not repeated and I am sorry that we have lost you. Please do let me know if there is anything we can do.
timl234
11/26/18
How can they name their site NZSale when stock is processed in Shenzen and has been sitting 7 days at PB Transport still no idea when I will receive it!!! Getting pretty angry now!!
Not Recommended!!
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Tim, thank you for your message. We do have suppliers from various parts of the world and we do have offices in various countries. I am sorry that your order has been delayed. I apologise for the delay in the delivery of your order.
rachaelj15
11/12/18
Appalling Service! The site did not save my changes to delivery address so they sent item to the wrong address. When I followed up the item it took several messages on their website and a complaint through PayPal for anyone to even respond to me. When they did respond they were rude and less than helpful. We managed to retrieve the item ourselves by contacting the people at the address where NZSale had wrongly sent the item, but it was the wrong size. We arranged for a return and dropped it back to the warehouse where we were told that the sizing is often wrong and they could not process our refund as this would have to be processed by head office. Two weeks later we are still waiting for our refund, I have left messages on their website once again as there is no contact phone number for them (the only phone number I can find for them online has been disconnected) but surprise, surprise, nobody has responded to my messages! Two words - Never Again!!
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Rachael, I apologise for the delayed reply. Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your messages were not replied to promptly and that your order had been sent incorrectly. Can I check if this issue has now been resolved? I am really sorry for this experience as I am unable to check without your order number and I am sorry that this was not dealt with as smoothly as you had expected.
ms414
10/27/18
They sell fake products, luckily I was familiar enough with the products I bought that I could spot that they were not the real deal, I let them know they were fakes and to their credit they let me return them, but it was a hassle and they still continue to sell the same fake products, so they're $#*!ty and unethical.

Tip for consumers: Realise if you buy a branded product that there is a HIGH chance you're buying counterfeit knock off $#*!.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello MS, I apologise for the delayed reply. Thank you for your feedback. All our products are a 100% authentic and we ensure that our suppliers are legit and our buying teams ensure that there paperwork for the authenticity. I am sorry that your order did not arrive as expected and that you have been credited for them.
cameronh66
9/18/18
NZ sale are thieves! My partner and myself bought Samsung S7 Edges, turns out they are fakes. We continually get pop up ads. I took mine to a phone repair place but the repair didn't work. When I took it back he inspected it closely and said it's a fake
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Cameron, we always endeavour to provide the best quality products at the right prices. We hope that you have reached out to our Member Relations Team so that we can look into this for you as if the product is not as it should be our team is here to help. Alternatively please do reach out to directly on 04 974 7258.
thuongn
9/17/18
I thought of stopping buying products from NZSale long time ago, but what I mistake I made? I recently saw good reviews for this website so I thought that it is improved, I will give it another chance.

But......... I just bought a Pandora charm and another necklace, all is fake. Even worse, they feel so cheap. I don't think they are even silver.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Thuong N, thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent purchase. All of our products are 100% authentic, we deal with many brands directly or with their official suppliers.
On occasion we may sell items that have not been sold locally. Rest assured that these products are legitimate and that they may simply not have been offered as part of the range within our market. If you do have any issues with a purchase please do send in your concerns directly via your account and contact us or please do call us directly on 04 974 7258
kateg94
9/8/18
Bought a new iPhone 6+ In JUNE, phone arrived 7weeks later, faulty and missing some of the stated accessories. Contacted same day, took 2 weeks to get a returns number, they agreed to refund, so I posted it. I had to email to get an update 10days later as the money hadn't been returned, they replied saying it had been sent for repairs that day. I had already declined this as they said they use refurbished parts to repair and it was a brand new phone. I emailed to say as such and have sent 4 emails over the last 3 weeks to find out what is happening and have not had a single response. It is now SEPTEMBER!! $600 and no product. It's outright theft!!
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Kate, Can I please ask you to call us directly on 04 974 7258 so that we can check into this further and review the correspondence from our team.
Our Teams can generally reply within 24 hours during business days for return requests and most other queries. I look forward to hearing from you so that we can sort this out for you as quickly as possible.
jamesh1011
8/23/18
Potential Small Claims Tribunal claim;
I initially purchased a dog bed which was too small, I sent it back and expected a refund. Instead you gave me a store credit.

I hate store credit because I'm then forced to purchase off people who clearly never intend to give refunds (as they should).

So to clear this store credit I purchased an item that required me to pay an extra $2. The PayPal checkout showed I needed to pay $2 and after I'd gone through the checkout you had actually charged me $8 which is close to fraud and theft.

I then phoned your store and the suggested the cancel the order and make a new order that used all the store credit.

I did this and ended up in the current situation where the item you sold me is not in stock and you are now ATTEMPTING TO GIVE ME A BLOODY STORE CREDIT!!!!!

I DEMAND A REFUND!!

You have advertised and sold items which you don't have and now you are attempting to keep my money as store credit which expires!

I demand a refund
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi James, thank you for sharing your recent experience with NZSale, if you receive an item as advertised, in a fine condition, free from defect or fault, as per our change of mind return policy, we will issue a store credit. As you have explained that the order was then unfulfilled and more investigation needs to be done. Please do reach out directly via your account and contact us so that our team can check into this for you and resolve this for you.
nataliam36
6/5/18
• Updated review
So, it took over 10 (ten) messages for them to understand what was wrong with my purchase. (bought 5 items, 3 came wrong)

Now they want me to send the wrong goods back so they can give my money back, because they don't have the 3 items of my original purchase. (and they will only give my money back, as soon as i give the goods back) - and i'm struggling to find a box that fits everything to ship for them. :(

stay away people!

Tip for consumers: don't. Buy. from. NzSale!

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Natalie, we are concerned that your message was not understood clearly on your first one. If you ever have any issues please do call us directly on 04 974 7258 as our team is here to help
“really bad experience.”
5/16/18
• Previous review
so, i've made my 1st (and only purchase) 21st of april. even tho they set the date for the shipping, NZSale didn't respect the deadline (by a week).

and today 17 may, got my purchase, and half of it came wrong.
wrote them, but still no reply.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Natalia M, we appreciate your honest feedback. We work hard to minimize the time our customers have to wait for delivery, however in most instances working the way we do is the only way to get the cheapest prices. I am also concerned to hear that you have not received a reply from our Team as they can generally reply within 24 hours during business days. Please do call us directly on 04 974 7258 so that we can look into this more for you and help resolve this as soon as possible.
angw7
5/16/18
Appalling service, communication and packaging. Im used NZ Sale for the first time and Ill never use again. My items arrived later than the estimated time frame and they were all scrunched up and shoved in a courier bag. No care was taken to fold or protect them when I contacted them to see if this was an error, they werent interested and wouldnt respond. DO NOT VISIT NZ SALE - its just not worth it!
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Ang W, thank you for sharing your recent NZSale experience, I am concerned to hear that you have not received a response from our team regarding your message, as we can generally respond to most queries within 24 hours during business days. Could you please call us directly on 04 974 7258 so that we can review this and look into your concerns more fully
michellew238
4/30/18
I have had several good experiences with this site. However I had to return my watch to be repaired in JANUARY and despite a number of emails to them I still havent Received it back. They no longer respond to emails and there doesnt seem to be any other way to contact them.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Michelle, thank you for sharing your recent NZSale experience. Allow me to take this opportunity to apologise that your watch has not be returned to you and that you have not had a helpful encounter with our team. So that we can investigate the whereabouts of this as well as to review the correspondence that you have had with the team, could you please call our office on 04 974 7258. If you are unable to get through please be sure to leave a message with your contact details and we be sure to give you a call back
jesusl31
4/30/18
I'm a regular customer and I can say... don't waste your time and money buying in Nzsale. Most of the times they are fake sales and not real. They bring up the prices to later say they are applying a big discount. If you see a good item with a big discount and if you buy it, they make you wait between 3 or 4 weeks and then they cancel your order and refund for this item. But they don't refund the shipping cost. It happened to me more than 6 times in the last 6 months. After dealing with the automated customer service that doesn't read you messages I dealt with * (Customer Service Manager) to try to get the items I purchased. After 1 hour talking over the phone with her I finally got the products. And now, I have the same problem again.... very tired to deal with them again. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH NZSALE.

*Personal information redacted by admin
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Jesus, thank you for sharing your comments and review of NZSale. I can confirm that NZSale does not support nor participate in the sale of illegal trade of counterfeit goods. We work directly with authorized brand partners and official resellers to ensure that the goods listed on our website our genuine and authentic. So that we can discuss your issue in further detail, can you please call our office on 04 974 7258
hilaryg11
4/16/18
They take your money and then tell you they can't supply , and then don't refund the money, just give a store credit. Another time I ordered black shoes and was sent brown, they obviously had no black ones left so hoped I wouldn't notice ! No apology or responsibility taken by them, just a store credit . I'll never deal with them again.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Hilary, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we reply on our supplier to provide accurate inventory lists so that we can ensure that none of our customers miss out, in saying that if this has occurred the items will be refunded back via your original method of payment. Should you have unfortunately also received an item that is not as described - we would definitely appreciate the chance to review what has happened as well as ensue that we can assist you with a refund. If you have any pending inquiries or concerns, please so not hesitate to call our office on 04 974 7258
lilyw37
4/12/18
Be aware that NZ sale changed their return policy recently that makes return / refund very difficult. They used to state clearly if a product is refundable but now they simply show on page refer to our return policy. When you do request a return they decline it without giving reasons. After much persuing and probing their robotic answering system, you find out because it is from a warehouse stock so no retuen is allowed.
Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Lily W, thank you for your recent review and sorry to hear that you have not found our returns easy. May I please ask you to call us directly on 04 974 7258 so that we can answer any queries you may have regarding this

Hi Katey, thank you for your message. Could you please let me know the order number and I will check further for you. Hope to hear from you soon.

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Sheryl, thank you for your message and I am sorry to hear that you have not received a response for your queries. Could you please send a photo of the item received that shows the size to attachment@mysale.com. Please include the order number as well. Looking forward for your reply.

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hello Tania, Thank you for your question.To use a store credit, promotional code or voucher simply browse our sales: 1. Add your favourite items to your cart 2. Click "Äpply Voucher" at the payment details section 3. Select the amount you'd like to redeem which is available in your account during the checkout stage. From here, we'll deduct the value of the credit from your order. You can view your available vouchers and their expiry by visiting the My Vouchers section of your Account. Please note that vouchers can only be used on sales event items and not their postage. Any leftover or unused vouchers will be reinstated on your Account. Be sure to keep note of the 'use before' date that is listed on your Account to avoid missing out! Should you apply a voucher to your order and not complete the transaction, it may take our system up to 15 minutes to refresh and to return your voucher back to your account. Make sure you click on the voucher before you confirm payment as it's not possible to add a voucher after you've completed your order!

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hello Shipra, Thank you for your question. I apologise for the delayed reply. You can find our return policy here : https://www.nzsale.co.nz/ReturnPolicy.aspx?cid=10

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hello Oskar, thank you for your question. I apologise for the delayed reply. All information on product is available on the website under the product information.

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Bruce, our estimated delivery times are listed directly on the site, and beside each individual item along with which warehouse they are being dispatched from

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Brydie, any issues you have with lost items please do reach out directly via your account and contact us, we will raise this directly with the respective couriers

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Lynelle, once your request has come through our team will send you through the details on how to return your item to us, if this has not reached you, please do send us through a message directly via your account and "Contact Us' so that we can send through all of the information

Hi AS, all of our products are 100% authentic

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Rhonda, thanks for messaging in, these dates are only estimated as transportation and other factors are beyond our control, so we are not able to guarantee delivery times. These estimated dates are when we expect the orders from this sale to be delivered. Once you place an order you can track this directly via your account through to your door, and if you have any queries please just send us a message directly via your account and contact us as our Team is here to help

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Questions? Get answers from the NZSale.nz staff and other customers.

14 Photos for NZSale.nz