Review of NumberBarn

support@numberbarn.com

13 reviews with 5 stars

gilr18
2/4/19
• Updated review

I got 3 more numbers and this time it looks much smoother than last time, I am still in the process, lets hope I will not have to come back here again :-)

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
YAY! Happy to hear things are moving along smoothly for you, Gil. If you run into any hiccups, just let us know. :)
“the worst customer service!”
10/26/18
• Previous review

1. Takes them FOREVER to port number , be ready for min 10 days!

2. They got some verification email and call deal ! They will delay the port until they will get a hold of you.

3. They got the customer service going on only by emails, so you need to sit and wait forever until they contact you back.

Bad!Bad!Bad! i wish I never got the number from them!

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Hello Gil R. It's always disappointing to see reviews like this, as our ultimate goal and the reason we're in business is to meet your number needs. For the sake of the public forum, I’d like to offer a little insight into new number purchases so others can decide if NumberBarn is really all that "bad!bad!bad!"

[Payment] The first thing you'll notice is you still have not paid us for the number. We do this on purpose to insure that you don't pay until we uphold our end of the bargain. In other words, we work for free securing, processing, and activating your number to make sure all looks well before ever asking a dollar from our customers. I would say that sets up most customers to have a good! experience with NumberBarn.

[Communication] In reviewing the timeline you'll see our team has been working on your behalf since the minute you ordered the number, but we're dependent upon customer and carrier response time.

We see that you placed your order on October 19th. We require additional information to verify premium numbers, and complete new number orders. Our team reached out to you via email on the same day of purchase with the required information: verification of billing address, billing telephone number, and an alternate contact number for a personal phone call. We want to make sure that a real person with positive intentions has placed the order for the number. We've seen an uptick in fraud and we're doing our best to ensure that we stay on top of it.

When we do not receive a response to our security inquiry, as we know people are busy, we resend our request the following business day. Since the 19th of October fell on a Friday, we resent this email to you on Monday, October 22nd. Your reply at 9:47pm PT that night was responded to at 6:50am PT the following morning. I'd say that's a good response time and should lead to a positive interaction.

[Personal Call] Upon receiving your contact information, our team reached out to you by phone 16 minutes after you provided these details, and we spoke to you on the phone. It is true, NumberBarn does not offer routine phone support so we can pass the savings on to our customers. However, that doesn't keep us from having personal contact with our customers. As most would guess, It is extremely expensive to house and run a full-time call center, and after 16 years in the business, we know customers prefer to have that savings passed on to them.

[Activation Time] The activation time frame of a phone number can vary based on the multiple vendors we work with to bring the public more than 35 million phone numbers. This is why we list activation times on our website, next to the number before and after you make selections. We're fighting to improve the industry, but unfortunately the FCC only enforces same/next day transfers between wireless companies. We hope these policies change so we can continue to improve our marketplace.

[Completion] With all that said, we're always disappointed when people feel like we're not meeting their number needs. We try to over communicate, but sometimes we still need to find ways to do better. We see that we're still working on your number order within the activation window of 7 business days and will continue to communicate the most up to date status with you via email. Please let us know if you'd like to cancel the number order, or continue with the acquisition of the number. We'd hope if you continue with the order, and we uphold our end of the bargain, that you'd, likewise, consider removing this review as we find it a bit misleading.
adrians111
12/16/18

I was in a panic, lost my number due to miscommunication at my cell Phone company. I'm a creative dental consultant with The Dental Boutique Columbus for 20 years, with the same business mobile number. The process of choosing location, moving, kids, and living is enough. My cell company rep was so concerned about opening new accounts, adding lines and purchasing new phones they failed to add my main line that I didn't use as much, to my plan. In addition didn't tell me I could be at risk of losing my number. After being told to come back next month the new IPhone will be out and cheaper. He gave me a temporary number and BAMMM! 20 years sam number, GONE!

I managed to lose my number of 20 years. I reached out to number barn via e-mail, but it felt like a one on one conversation. They listened to me about concerns, gave me a few options to explore then followed thru to see how things were coming along. I wasn't ableto get my number back but I was able to go from local #6147783979 to an 833 #tollfree with the exact same number I'll be #darn #uewee #8337783979

Maybe it's a sign, it's time to go national with the Dental Edu~tainment workshops.

Thanks #numberbarn

#AdrianScottFitzgerald
The Teeth Lady

Tip for consumers: Park your number for $5 opposed to losing it. I wishI knew about this service before I needed it. Because once you lose your number it's crazy trying to get it back. I'm so glad I was able to find my number toll free.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Adrian, it IS a sign :) We're just really happy that we were able to do our best to assist despite everything that happened with your original number. Thanks for being a part of the NumberBarn family!
joef268
11/18/18

Sons birthday and I got him a local easy to remember #.
2 weeks before i needed his # to be ported over the request was put in with ATT and it keeps getting rejected. I get distracted with work and then 7 days before his birthday we figure out the company the # was coming from had all these crazy restrictions. Including a 10 day waiting period. I reach out to number barn and start working with Kylie. She calls ATT, she calls the company that owns the #. Makes it work in TIME!!! considering what I paid for a phone # she did'nt have to do that! But she did. I was really surprised, AND she was super sweet and in constant contact the entire process. AWESOME!!!! thank you

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
AWESOME is right! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback, Joe. We appreciate YOU! Kylie is such a rockstar and we'll definitely be sharing this with our entire team.
daniels668
9/28/18

Overall these guys did a great job. Purchased and ported about 12 numbers.

The Bad: You should know upfront that porting is SLOW, even though its VOIP other VOIP providers such as broadband.com manage to port within minutes so I don't understand why number barn can't, but maybe it is truly out of there control. They should also update their website to say ports happen in 5-7 days instead of 3 - 5 because based on my conversations with the winning carrier they demand 5 days as a minimum so why advertise 3-5 days if your going to require 5 as a minimum.

The Good: Prices are good, number availability is awesome, and customer service is responsive and fast.

My wish list: speed up porting and lower the monthly cost for your various plans, especially for folks with multiple numbers.

Overall, I recommend them without hesitation.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Daniel, thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are so happy you found those numbers that you needed! You're right - porting to and from us might take longer than anyone would prefer. Numbers with NumberBarn are classified by the FCC as landline/wireline numbers. Due to this classification, ports may take anywhere from 3 to 7 business days, up to 10 business days, to port away. We do have this listed on our website as well as in our email correspondences. I'll work with my team to add it to anything else that might help customers know what to expect moving forward.
xolisileh
9/12/18

Easy to use, not too much information, prices are really reasonable, and flexible options for using, transferring you custom number, great service!!!!!

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Xolisile, thank you very much for your kind words!
gregp155
6/18/18

Really FLOORED with their service. Excellent communication during the week. Huge selection of great numbers at wonderful prices. Straight forward process. Seriously the Wal-Mart of phone numbers. Number Barn is going to be HUGE. Experience with 2 different numbers here, excellent both times. Thank You Number Barn, the way it SHOULD be!

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Greg, we appreciate your stellar review. Thank you! We like to keep things straight forward and give you many options for your number needs. We're happy you found us and can't wait to have you back at the barn again.
markb503
4/7/18

I'm a skeptic by nature and always do a very thorough investigation into a company before I use them. I was pleased with their customer service and rapid response time via chat. They are on the ball and answered all my questions. She stayed on the chat with me while I entered my information to port over my number. I was paying comcast $36 a month and now I only pay $6 a month and have the number forwarded to my cell phone. I don't understand why anyone would write a bad review unless you're a dummy. Only a stupid person would write a bad review about this company. It was an easy process and now the number works fine. I'm very pleased.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Mark, you rock! Thanks for your great review. We're happy that you're a skeptic (in this day and age, you should be) and that you did your research. We're also beyond happy you had such a great experience to bring your number over and save money with us!
davidl524
2/7/18

I used NumberBarn to purchase #s in my area code that otherwise weren't available from my VOIP provider. Buying the numbers was super simple as was porting them out. The interface is super simple and straightforward and pricing for purchasing and parking was very reasonable.

I appreciate that after the numbers were ported out I received an email that the transfer was complete and that I would no longer be charged for parking.

Company was great for my needs.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
David, we're super happy that you found the numbers you needed and had a simple and straightforward experience with us. Thanks for sharing your kind words!
scotts298
10/5/17

It's hard to trust sites these days, especially with phone numbers that cost hundreds of dollars for a vanity number. But look no further these guys were 100% professional and attended to any questions I had. I have sense ported out my number with no issues to my cell phone carrier. Cannot say enough good things. I'll use them in future.

kims223
7/17/17

I initially parked my number, waiting for activation when the business begins.
It was really simple to do, and pay (Via PayPal).
I had a problem uploading my message, and after I sent a question, answers were immediate, and easy to do.
As well, live help is available, that helped me out,when I uploaded the wrong version of my message (Duhhhh....)
I think its a excellent, well thought out service.

anas478
3/30/17

NumberBarn is the absolute BEST!!! We moved to Sydney from the US and had been having issues porting our numbers with NumberGarage. We were having to pay for a costly phone bill and were not getting anywhere with our numbers being ported. Thankfully, I came across NumberBarn and received FANTASTIC customer service from Matthew. NumberBarn quickly ported our numbers, for a better price and we were able to finally cancel our expensive phone bill while still keeping our numbers. THANK YOU for making this easy!!!

ps109
11/19/15

I wanted to port my cell phone number to them, but I couldnt. The fault lied with verizon not with NumberBarn.

Every time I contacted them they responded within the hour, I was extremely impressed with the professionalism and response time.

I also cancelled the port with no problem.

Event though I didnt end up using their service I would recommend them.

joev19
10/8/14

I'm saving $50 a month by canceling my old landline, and I can see the voicemail from the pig when someone calls. The telemarketers never leave a message. It's great because they never interrupt my shows at night any more.

Hi, Oswaldo! Our service does allow you to port a number to and from a mobile provider of your choice. The rate center of the number must be supported by each carrier, however. You can also forward your number with NumberBarn to an outside cell phone number.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Hi Susan, You can always reach us by logging in to your NumberBarn account at www.numberbarn.com/login and using the contact form in the "Help" section, or by emailing us at support@numberbarn.com and one of our agents will assist you.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Thank you for taking the time answering my question. Have a great day.

By E m.

Howdy, Jon! We have some great options for you here: https://www.numberbarn.com/search?type=local&npa=918&search=HURT The pricing will be found to the right of the numbers. If you have any questions about this, definitely reach out via email to support@numberbarn.com

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Shawn, yes, if you port your number to NumberBarn you can change your mind at any time and port it away to a service provider that can support you.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, Serafino! We'd love to help you set up call forwarding with your number of 38 years. This guide will help walk you through how to do this: https://www.numberbarn.com/blog/how-to-port-forward-your-calls/

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, Curt! We'd love to help answer your questions. Please feel free to reach out to our customer support support at support@numberbarn.com.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, James! You can most definitely transfer your landline to NumberBarn so long as the number is still active. We're happy to hold it for you! You can find step by step instructions on this process here: https://www.numberbarn.com/blog/how-to-port-and-park/

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, Craig! Our Park plan does not include call forwarding. If you are looking to transfer a number to NumberBarn and then use call forwarding, you'll want to look into our Call Forwarding services. You can find our step by step guide on this process here: https://www.numberbarn.com/blog/how-to-port-forward-your-calls/ If you run into any questions along the way, feel free to reach out to us via email to support@numberbarn.com.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Hi! We'd love to investigate this with you. Please provide your email address or phone number to our customer support team via email to support@numberbarn.com. We look forward to helping!

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Questions? Get answers from the NumberBarn staff and other customers.

1 Photo for NumberBarn