NJR Home Services reviews

Tel: 877-466-3657

mn62
M N.
1/18/19

This was annual service. In the past the servicemen cleaned burners and cleaned inside the furnace. This time he said it was not necessary, only made sure that room thermostats activated the furnace. Nowhere is written what should be done during the annual service so I guess it is left up to the servicemen. He was in and out in about 10 minutes, just said if you have a problem call us.

tinan90
Tina N.
1/18/19

The service was wonderful they came on time very friendly, neat and very professional All the work was done on time I would only use your service The products are great my old furnance and air conditioning units were 24 years old Thank you again

lindan122
Linda N.
1/17/19

The only issue that made me rate this as 4 instead of 5 is that the appointment interval was 12 hours. They could not narrow the time down to am or pm instead the appt was anywhere between 8am & 8pm

tomc243
Tom C.
1/17/19

I would liked to be given a 4 hour window of when I could expect the Serviceman at the house. I could not be given this, but was told he would call 15 minutes prior to arrival. I did get the call 15 minutes prior.

Work was completed promptly and efficiently

eileenj24
Eileen J.
1/17/19

I had canx and wanted to reschedule. I was called back and explained that I had a injury to my knee . I was urged to keep the appt. and that no stress would be put on me. I am moving slowly. Please be aware no problem with my heater just that 15 years old and I was looking to avoid a problem. They did a wonderful job and hardly knew they were in house so glad did the replacement and not worrying .

johns3565
John S.
1/17/19

I had a new water heater installed. The two technicians they did the work were the best that I have ever experienced! They arrived as scheduled, introduced themselves, went right to work. The work was neatly and professionally done. They cleaned up completely, gave me operating instructions, and went over the paperwork with me. Absolutely excellent! ( I wish all tradespeople were as good as they are. )

The customer service rep was also very nice to work with. The only suggestion here would be to have them send the customer some documentation of the work, equipment to be provided and price at the time of the initial phone contact.

jimt219
Jim T.
1/17/19

Only negative was that it took three months to schedule appointment. Called in October and was given a January appointment for annual maintenance

sandraj85
Sandra J.
1/16/19

Thank you so much for coming out ASAP to put heat back on. I was not home due to work, but the young man who came, gave us warmth. Please thank that young man for me please.
Sandra J Johnso

sabrinas97
Sabrina S.
1/16/19

I had a boiler tune up done on 1/7/2019. In the past, the service man would blow out all the dust & dirt from the burners. He would also check that the thermostats were working properly. He would also check if I had water in any of the lines.
The service man that came did not do any one of these things.
I told him upon arrival that the 2 thermostats/zones upstairs are never accurate and I have to crank up the living room heat to 85 degrees in order to get it to go to 70 degrees and the other one is always off by about 5 degrees.
His response was "That's pretty good. You will always have that problem because you live on the bay. I have some customer's that can't get their temperature above 65 degrees."
I asked him if he was going to blow out the burners. He told me "That's only done when the boiler is old and full of dirt and dust and if you have pets in the house."
I really don't like this guy, every time he comes to my house he never wants to do the full job and takes short cuts in what he does do.

lindam1000
Linda M.
1/16/19

I had to call customer service 4 times because the noise in my furnace couldn't be solved. The 4th time was a charm. The Tech who came couldn't find the noise either but once he secured the door on the furnace by putting all the screws back on the door the problem has been solved. I think the whole problem was all the screws were not properly put back on the furnace door which allowed the air to go into the furnace while on causing the noise until the furnace completed its cycle and shut off - if that makes sense. Hopefully the furnace will be OK from now on.

roberth281
Robert H.
1/16/19

NJR Home Services responded quickly to our "No heat" service call and provided a reasonably priced replacement quote the next day. The installation was performed professionally, cleanly and efficiently, on the scheduled day. We were very pleased with the results.

rochelles37
Rochelle S.
1/16/19

The rep was very nice & knowledgeable & replaced a sensor & thankfully was covered at no charge. I had to call back several times as at one point the heat would not go on & I was worried I lost heat. I asked if NJR had Emergency service but was disappointed there wasn't. The heat finally went back on but I detected an odor & called again to have JCP&L investigate. Due to the part replacement the rep explained why there was an odor. Now it's all fixed & I want to Thank NJR for taking care of our home!!

paulm1071
Paul M.
1/16/19

Overall, everyone did a great job but they blew out the generator to the furnace and the whole process took approximately 6 hours. Way too long.

joelf50
Joel F.
1/16/19

NJRHS rep Lionel arrived within minutes of the notification phone call....he was professional and took care of the heating system inspection and preventive maintainance....very satisfied with the service...

susana327
Susan a.
1/16/19

On Friday night (Jan 11), I called Customer Service and requested repair service on our furnace.. Your Customer Service representative politely told me that she would have a repair technician to our home on Sunday (Jan 13). I explained that our furnace was not working, our house was cold and that my husband and I are senior citizens in our 70's. The temperature was only going up to the 30's on Saturday and Sunday. I requested emergency service. I was told she would mark our request as "emergency service". I called again on Saturday because our house was down to 50 degrees. Again, I was told my request was marked as emergency, but I was on schedule for Sunday. When the technician finally arrived late Sunday afternoon, he was quite efficient and located and repaired the problem in record time. We have been paying on a furnace contract with NJR for 9-10 years. This is the first time we used the service and we find this time frame to get a technician to our home totally unsatisfactory. However, we appreciate the outstanding repair service we received from your technician, Dan J. Neary.

anonymousz274
anonymous Z.
1/16/19

My experience with NJRHS has been satisfactory. Technicians resolve matters quickly and are thorough. If theres one thing I could change, it would be a shorter waiting window time, for example 8-12. Its inconvenient to wait around all day, especially if you have to take off from work.

philipj38
Philip J.
1/15/19

Excellent. Knowledgeable team. Bill is a really professional team leader. Sean is learning well from bill.

joannel70
Joanne L.
1/15/19

I had a new furnace and new water heater installed recently. Although a few problems were encountered, the crew went above and beyond to be sure I would have heat and hot water. They were courteous and very respectful. I was more than satisfied.

karenm982
Karen M.
1/15/19

Relatively quick turnaround time (called Saturday afternoon; received service Monday early afternoon). Oz (our technician) was nice. He explained what the issue was & cleaned up the area in/around the furnace. He also explained about 'venting the room' by keeping the door open to allow for better combustion.
Very happy with NJRHS.

anonymousu322
anonymous U.
1/15/19

They came the next morning after I made the call. My furnance was fixed very quickly. Technician was curious and pleasant to deal with.

victorinoj
Victorino J.
1/15/19

Me and my wife are very satisfied with the services you have rendered, replacing our furnace and air condition. Dan and Henry are really an expert, they know what they are doing, very courtious, and explained everything to us regarding our new furnace and air conditioning, helps us with the paper works, They are well recommended, and do so with your company.

maureenr51
Maureen R.
1/14/19

My heat wasn't working when I woke up. I called NJR Home Services and they came out with 2 hours and fixed it! The tech was so nice and an overall great experiance!!

coachs8
Coach S.
1/14/19

Tech arrived bright and early. Had the necessary parts on the truck and restored heat within an hour.

jamesy69
James Y.
1/14/19

employee Daniel arrived first thing in the morning . he showed me what the exact problem was with the furnace and then replaced the part .

charlesn96
Charles N.
1/14/19

Excellent service, repair man was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Very happy with the response and service received.

Questions? Get answers from the NJR Home Services staff and other customers.

NJR Home Services?