Review of NitroTek

company@nitrotek.co.uk

114 reviews with 1 star

gregs101
2/11/16
Do not buy from these guys - their service is the worst I have ever had - I have been trying to return a defective RC car since Xmas and they send me in circles not letting me return the car, and won't even provide the replacement part. I will never buy anything from them again!
jonm73
2/9/16
Horrendous company to deal with. Supplied a faulty tank, struggling to get refund
drewa9
1/20/16
Customer service is rubbish! !!
billyl14
1/11/16
bought car for son for xmas got intouch with then got told to go to u tube and check there to see what up with it,i want this piece of crap returned,i have spent hundreds of pounds on this site for my helicopters that will stop now,so please stay clear customers service very rude
susant66
1/6/16
8 months for return of an rc car, unhelpful and rude customer service and company.
luiza11
1/4/16
What a disgraceful company!

I ordered two nitro remote control cars from you (order number #100027762) at considerable expense, over £350,00, for Christmas presents this year. After opening them on Christmas day neither would run despite watching your DVD, visiting your website and watching scores of videos on youtube. Five hours later I decided to give up, causing misery to my son and nephew on Christmas day.
I have been trying the car (Condor pro) constantly since and have discovered that it is not possible to blow through the connection between the rubber tube and the top of the exhaust. The car will start when primed but cuts out almost immediately.
My brother in law has the other car (NBC Truggy) and has informed me he has spent over eight hours since Christmas day trying to start his and although it does occasionally start it also cuts out immediately and is incredibly difficult to start in the first place. Information I have researched from the internet says the car should not be this difficult to start as it comes pre set from the factory.

I have traced one of the problems back to a faulty exhaust (condor pro) The valve that connects the top of the exhaust to the top of the fuel tank is blocked. I spent £49 on a new exhaust from a different shop and the car started immediately, however during the first tank run in the gears stripped themselves without even touching the throttle! would like either a replacement car or a refund or I will be going to trading standards as I was sold a faulty vehicle. The second car I was sold won't even start despite being primed (nbc truggy) research suggests these cars should not be this impossible to start and I would also like this car replaced or refunded and I will buy from a different company!

This is one of several attempts to contact your company!! You have been deleting our emails and our Facebook posts. We have had no response from you.
simonw54
1/2/16
Unfortunately 0 star ratings aren't available. Their customer service is attrocious, they try and fob you off continually saying customer service do not have telephones and only deal with email, this makes the whole process very painfully slow when dealing with returns/complaints.
My son purchased a 1/20 Airsoft BB RC Tank - USA M60 on July 21st which failed to fire after 6 BB (20 mins including some driving)
It was returned to Nitrotek as soon as possible requesting a refund as the tank failed so soon, and was not satisfactory quality or fit for purpose. It arrived with them within 10 days of purchase after waiting for return numbers and postage etc.
It took them almost 4 weeks to acknowledge its return and refused a refund offering to fix and return it, saying my son had possibly loaded dirty BB (they were brsnd new.) To cut a very long story short it took at least 10 phone calls, and the best part of 30 emails - until late December to get a full refund on the tank and a further week or 2 to get the return postage back.
They are the worst company I have ever dealt with by a very long way, they want to make your claim last so long you quit and take the repaired item back, they held £58 belonging to a dissapointed 14yr old for 5 months. If you have no product issues you may be OK, but my advice - avoid at all costs.

Tip for consumers: Go somewhere that has good customer service

avam7
11/19/15
Buyer Beware!!!

This company sent me a faulty item which was covered in scratched and dints, poorly packaged and not fit for purpose. Upon contacting them I was given a ticket number and told someone would be in touch. A few days passed and nothing. Then I received a reply thanking me for my order but no reference to the complaint I had made. I had to contact the company owner through my paypal transaction and he declined the return/refund request and basically told me it wasn't in my best interests to send it back.

So dispute escalated through paypal. I have one the case and can now send the item back for a full refund but I have to cover the cost of returning this item. Poor customer services and a total rip off, Im so glad I paid through paypal, otherwise I would of had to fight for a refund. Will never use them again. Check out the other reviews poor reviews and think twice before ordering.
roryb27
10/23/15
Having had a problem with the steering in the RC model I bought in May( now October)!!! They have changed their minds several times about the way they want to sort the problem. Makes me think they simply do not want to sort the problem!!! This ends in the small claims court. Don't waste your money with these guys.
keithw43
10/21/15
They have no care for the customer, what happened to the customer is always right ? . You have to pay for your own returns, when your item arrives broken. DO NOT USE .
karenm147
10/13/15
You will be lucky to get the order described on their site and that's if you get your order at all!
Customer service is a joke, they don't refund any faulty goods and don't comply with any legislation. You will end up out of pocket, just like so many of their other customers!

Hopefully, they will be under investigation real soon - it's a rogue business!
allisona6
9/3/15
I ordered a battery for my Son's Birthday and after 2 weeks it still hadn't arrived. I phoned to chase it up and I was told that it was in the post and would arrive shortly. Four days later it still hadn't arrived. After looking at my internet banking I spotted that they had refunded the payment today but not even bothered to tell me that my item would not be arriving. If the guy on the phone had been honest and told me that the item was out of stock and I would be getting a refund then I would have had chance to buy another one before my Son's Birthday. Really annoyed!!!
bryanl32
8/28/15
No problems with them ordering and receiving items and they happy to speak to you if your buying. But God help you if an items faulty spent 200 quid on a car only to find it has faulty diffs rear and front and spat a tooth from spur gear while running in messages will all be answered within 24 hours in your dreams 5 days later and nothing but a pile of useless scrap still sat under my stairs waiting for them to deal with why cos it's under 14 days and they can't hide from their 14 day money back terms bunch of clowns and a con outfit
niceyj
8/9/15
Ordered two front and two rear shock towers which after 3 weeks of waiting never arrived. Rang and emailed and they stated they'd chase it up with Royal mail and get back to me. Emailed once again asking of the progress and could new parts be sent out. To which they confirmed they would send new parts through management. Been waiting overall just over 2 and a half months. Nothing at all has arrived and despite numerous emails asking and stating my disappointment and annoyance they now no longer reply to any of my emails. Absolutely disgusting company and appalling customer service. Highly recommend to avoid this company at all costs!!!
maggiem8
7/24/15
I bought a remote control monster truck for my grandson for his birthday. I have never received an order confirmation despite asking three times and receiving promises that it would be sent. The truck was rattling around loose in the box when it arrived as the plastic holding strap had broken. Ultimately it didn't affect the operation of the truck. However, the battery lead split on the second charge and my son has been asking for a replacement battery from Nitrotek ever since as he thinks this is unacceptable. He sent photographs to back up what we were saying and after many emails back and forth he's had no joy at all. The company want him to return the battery where it will join a queue for inspection and this could take weeks or possibly even months to resolve. We, like many others, are at the mercy of Nitrotek's terrible customer service. They hide behind emails and really don't give a hoot!! I wish I'd read these reviews before purchasing. I was going to do a charge back via my bank but having read of another person's troubles after doing just that I've changed my mind. Instead I'll leave this review and hope that people read it before buying from Nitrotek. What an awful company. Buyer beware.
manuels29
7/18/15
I bought a car Maruader 30 cc from Nitrotek and it broke down after my first tank. The diff on the car is not enough to handel the force and breaks down after one tank. I contacted support and after sending pictures of the car and diff they asked me to send the diff to them. I has no gone more then two month and I am stil waiting for my parts. I have asked and asked what happends and now they dont even write back. The diff is the same as on smaller cars and not up to the task also there is no such diff for sale on there site. Also the specifications on there site was wrong for the car as they didnt deliver with the controller as specified, they say they can change specification without any responsibility. Also there swedish support dont work and the swedish support/order number goes to someone who dont speak swedish or English. I now have a brand new car without parts and are waiting for any respons. Nitrotek is not reliable - dont buy from them is my advice.
chrisc177
7/1/15
Bought a model buggy for my son christmas 2014 at £170. Worked for fifteen minutes then speed controller packed up. Simple I thought, should be covered under warranty. How wrong was I? Useless online advice from their help desk got nowhere. Told i needed to wait for returns number which never appeared so said i was returning it anyway for repair. nothing for six weeks despite endless emails asking for updates. Then informed that i needed to provide proof I had even sent it!! Cut a long story short had to got through small claims court to get them to repair the model, finally got it back over six months after it stopped working. Pity as i liked the look of some other models, but i will never deal with this bunch of goons again.
danielk44
6/24/15
4 months to sort out a refund for two items supplied faulty. I paid 65 quid for the item and only managed after hassling sales staff and contacting them by there terrible email service system to get a refund of 46 quid and not to mention the 9 quid it cost to send back

A COMPANY THAT WHEN THERES A PROBLEM THEY HIDE BEHIND EMAILS
johnt217
5/19/15
I bought my son a rc nitro car for Christmas 2014 and it's now nearly June and the wheels still haven't gone round once and if you try and get contact with anyone for returns number and address its impossible I have emailed people 30 times. And still no joy the worse present I have ever bought they should be ashamed OMAR FARRA the managing director.
bills122
5/9/15
wish I had a time machine to go back in time and stop me from buying from this company. at xmas I purchased 2 rc tanks, when they arrived initially they both worked for approx. 1 hours of play and they just died, no power to them at all. tried for days to get through to there telephone line and was greeted by useless staff at the other end, used there online support, wish takes days to get a response and when you do its point less and useless, im still trying to get the item returned after months of trying but they are trying their hardest to stop this from happening !! reported them to trading standards and will speak to paypal next week to see if I can get a chargeback.
davew67
5/8/15
Purchased a buggy that failed when it arrived. Nitrotek blames me even though I haven't used it and want me to pay another £60 (buggy cost £90) to repair it !!! rip off merchants !! do not use this company.
davidw209
5/3/15
Wish I had read these reviews before I bought the mostrubbish rc plane available there is no after sales !
robs48
4/29/15
I bought and rc plane. They sent the wrong battery. I emailed to try and sort it out. They did not respond. I complaint and they just answered thank you for your input and have done nothing else. Now I am stuck with a plane that I cannot fly. Avoid at all costs.
af168
4/27/15
I purchased a Truggy from NitroTek, and while the car arrived within a week, the build quality of the battery connector and associated charging unit is very poorly manufactured. The customer service that I received was also some of the worst that I have ever received. Had I known about either of these before, I wouldn't have touched Nitrotek with a barge pole.

Prior to posting this review, I noticed a number of consumers had complained about the batteries and replacement parts (many of which always seem to be out of stock). There is plenty of truth in what other consumers say. As such, their feedback echoes my overwhelming discontent with Nitrotek as a company, and their products, so much so that I am in the throes of reporting them to Trading Standards.

If you are looking to purchase a remote control car, don't be sway for Nitrotek's advertising. Spend a little more money a get something that is going last and, importantly, something that you can easily obtain replacement parts for (as you'll need them).

I conclude by saying that, if you have a problem with a faulty part, Nitrotek representatives will always say that it's a user error because they have no intention of providing a replacement part; let alone have the replacement parts ever in stock. Ask yourself this, would you buy something from a company who tells you to get a replacement part from eBay? I think not.

Save your money and spare your friends and family members of a great deal of frustration. 'Do not buy anything from Nitrotek'. You have been warned.
jb138
4/14/15
The cars are ok and they are quick to dispatch and take your money but.....try getting replacement parts!
After 6 months and 24 e-mails I am still trying to get a replacement part (despite sending the exact part that I needed back to them by Recorded Delivery)
Their service and communications have been incompetent at best and on occasion I have been treated quite rudely!
Dont waste your money here. Go to a proper model shop rather than an internet trader for this type of kit.

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.

U can't fone them. Message & wait upto 48hr for reply, its not nice when u spend £100s on a new hobby

By Darren M.

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K., NitroTek Representative

Questions? Get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

14 Photos for NitroTek