Review of NitroTek

114 reviews with 1 star

pault132
1/11/17
Nitrotek Order 100042441
I purchased an RC helicopter from this website for my young son for Christmas.
After charging it according to the instructions he was able to fly it on only 3 occasions before a fault developed and the battery was not supplying enough power to get airborne. I sent the suppliers an email expecting a prompt reply and eventually got one advising me that I would need a multimeter to test the battery and also the charger. I informed them I did not have one and then received another email telling me to borrow one because if I sent it back for repair it would cost me the transport costs and take up to 3 weeks to test and/or repair.
After several emails back and forth and no satisfaction I wrote a negative feedback review on a customer service review website and was then contacted by Nitrotek who told me they would send a battery by post if I removed the negative review. I agreed and have been waiting for 10 working days and according to Nitrotek it is the courier (Royal Mail) at fault.
Take my advice that although Nitrotek will send your order impressively quickly their customer service is practically non existent. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY..YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
chrisg152
1/2/17
Please beware if this company. Awful after sales rude staff who lie to you and no way of speaking to someone. Product arrived broken then won't send a new one out. Then it's just email after email arguing with them.
adamj90
12/21/16
If you are looking for a service comparable to buying a 10 dollar ipad from china, under a company called robemblind then this is the company for you. I have never in my life had such difficulty with a company and returns due to poor quality items being sold ( Im a purchasing manager in the mining industry) the item was returned within 3 days !!!. As mentioned in other posts they don't even look at your return for 2 weeks (mine was a month with constant pushing) and then for them to write a report stating that the item was returned in used condition due to bb pellets not being in original plastic bag was the last straw. Its currently going legal and I urge anyone buying rc toys to use a reputable company and not buy from Nitrotek because its a few £ cheaper.
scottb180
12/14/16
RC car from nitro tek over a month ago for £185. They dispatched the wrong one. They asked for a photo to prove it was the wrong one and then I returned it a couple of days later. It has been over a month and no refund. I got paypal involved which seemed to have prevoked a response. You cannot get hold of anyone. Do not buy off this company as it is close to fraud. Next step court action of trip to the bank to try to claw the money back. Really angry....... Result... Finally got a full refund after paypal got involved and putting this comment on site jabber. Found a better RC car somewhere else for only a bit more money. I would recommend paypal route to get a refund. Good luck.
sleafordi
12/12/16
Site shows things in stock and yet 3rd time I have been let down. Apparently the stock levels do not show actual stock SO WHATS THE POINT? After deciding the cars we wanted and obvious backups, we'll go elsewhere. Shame because the site looks good, it's just run by people how haven't got a clue.
bobs268
12/6/16
As per many reviews on this site, I am shocked at how bad the service is with this company
Bought a car for my son LAST CHRISTMAS (2015) and have spent the last year trying the get it to work. have finally sent it back and it has been in a queue for 6 weeks for them to assess it.
My son effectively got no Christmas present last year due to this company.
I would AVOID BUYING FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS
sheonam
11/25/16
Total joke no one to fone had my boys car for 5 months after being sent back and it's still broke and they charged me again will be taking this further to get my money back total joke of a company
kellies18
11/21/16
Take your money with out having the goods in stock and then mess you about for a refund. Had to open a dispute with paypal to get my money back!
syeds15
11/6/16
Bought R/C tank from Nitrotek .Model arrived faulty.It took me 3 years to get them fix it with spending extra £40 on postage.Model in the end cost me a lot more than it is worth.Looks like no body is there to control this on line thief of a company.In the end one should be on one's own guard and boycott such rouge companies who steal people's money in the name of on line shops.
alana167
11/1/16
Ordered a part from this company in September and they took my money straight away. I have nothing but broken promises from various people via e mail saying that they are dispatching my part and I'll revive it by a certain date. All lies, which it appears is a requirement for a job at Nitrotex. This company is committing fraud and I intent to prosecute.
paulw188
9/15/16
After my son saving birthday money for nitro car! £150 I have had nitro cars for years! Noticed no pull cable attached ! Filled out return email! To be told that's the problem with beginners !!! The car never been filled with fuel or started nor pulled!! Told order a new one !!! Let's see who the smart arse is!! Social Media !! Court etc there $#*! do not buy
markb310
8/29/16
I purchased a yama off road buggy for my autistic son, who had saved up pocket money for this 1/5 scale petrol remote buggy. We took it to our friends field and my son had 30 minutes of fun playing with it, it then stopped steering. We read the booklet and it suggested binding the two again. Which we tried. To no result. Told Nitrotek. Via their ticket system that it needs a new steering servo. They are not interested. Aftersales service is a complete joke. It's been a month now and still not got any result. All they need to do is send out a replacement servo. I can fit it. Not hard. I think their warranty stinks. They need an aftersales phone line to deal with complaints. As there seem to be a few going by other comments on here and other sites. So thanks Nitrotek for messing up my son's free time before going back to school.
colinc47
8/23/16
NEVER EVER EVER EVER use this company to buy anything from they are totaly useless,i spent nine weeks trying to get my money back from them for a faulty tank and have only just got my refund.i sent endless emails made countless phone calls to which you can only get hold of somebody on sales and not tech support had to eventually get hold of citizens advice plus my bank to finaly kick them up the arse and refund me.the guy on the phone just sounds like a cracked record going over the same response as if reading it from a script and will help as little as possible.as i have said NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY if you value your sanity and hard earened money
marcusc38
8/18/16
AVOID-AVOID-AVOID-AVOID-AVOID-AVOID-AVOID-AVOID

This is a hideous company to deal with, as other have said on many many review forums, avoid this company at ALL COSTS.

When something goes wrong they don't want to know, send you BS excuses to get out of there problems.

Bought a remote control car within 1 hour it had 4 failures, I asked for a full refund, they did not want to know until they had inspected it, it took 40 emails and 2 months to inspect it!!!

Then then blamed me for the failures!!!!!!!!!!!!

They refused to refund me, lying about the condition of the car, and how long I had it for, before sending back.

I had to go through Paypal to get a refund, and threaten Small Claims Court, I will also be reporting them to Trading Standards.

If they wont give you your money back go through Paypal, and Trading Standards.

Horrendous company, Read the awful reviews

AVOID-AVOID-AVOID-AVOID-AVOID-AVOID-AVOID-AVOID
shad76
8/8/16
If you want to get ripped off and spend money for no reason then this is the place to go. Nitrotek will rip you off and take your money happily. Scammers! The reason for this is because I bought a helicopter and a transmitter from here and guess what it was not working so I sent the transmitter back with extra money. Yet when I recieved it back I still didn't work, what a waste of money! But I gave nitrotek another chance thinking that the helicopter was to blame. But when I bought the same exact helicopter from this site I realised that it would not fly. So once again I sent it back and they said that I had damaged the part where the blade fits on to. But my question is how on earth could I possibly break that when the helicopter didn't even lift off the ground. Truly pathetic. So i tried to email the support team for an update on my return but I wasn't getting any where. Finally I was told to pay some money to repair it, which I did of course. Little did I know it's been over a month and I had to ring up and find out what is happening because the staff do not reply to emails. After spending hundreds of pounds on this disgusting scamming website i have realised that I probably won't even get a helicopter back. It's just messed up that a huge company like this can go around taking people's money yet they have a stupid customer support team who don't even know how to deal with issues! That's your job so maybe do it correctly? You are getting paid at the end of the day. So my overall message is that I'm very angry and frustrated with the lack of care this company has given me. Also I hope you all read this review and dont purchase anything from this website. They will happily take your money but they won't help you solve an issue (which is common). So save your time and money and shop somewhere that they value your custom and time.
richardh180
7/14/16
Nitrotek will gladly take your money but you will NEVER see your purchase. They need to be prosecuted for theft and fraud!
chrism275
7/6/16
Sent me the wrong part, faffed about asking for photos of the part that arrived. After receiving the photo they then ignored any subsequent mails. Can't get through via phone, goes to a voicemail box that it full! 11 days since order, still don't have the part I ordered!
jamesh313
6/18/16
I made the mistake of not searching for customer reviews before dealing with Nitrotek. Big mistake. Everyone whose purchase has gone OK and who did not have any after sales issues to be sorted out rates them highly, because they invest in their sales process. But everyone who needs after sales support will sooner or later lose the will to live. Countless problems. absolutely impossible to get any help from them. Here's my final posting on one of the the support tickets I had to set up. Impossible to actually speak to anyone.

"Dear Nitrotek,

You know what, I give up. It just isn't worth the hassle. Your systems may tell you that the item was included in the delivery, but it simply wasn't. Someone made a mistake when they processed the despatch, it happens, but the true measure of a company is in how they deal with these mistakes.

So you are leaving a customer that has paid for goods they have not received. There is simply no way I would have been spending time following this up for about £10 if I had received the parts.

I'm afraid I made the mistake of not searching for reviews of Nitrotek before buying from you, I will not make the mistake again. I now know your after ales service has frankly the worst reviews I have ever seen, and my experiences have confirmed that those reviews are entirely justified. Your company clearly has an entirely deliberate policy to invest absolutely nothing in after sales, for example it is impossible to speak to anyone on the phone unless you want to buy something. That speaks volumes.

It must be a truly depressing business to work for, you have my sympathy.

For the sake of a tenner, you have left me totally frustrated and unsatisfied, and depressed at the precious time I have had to waste dealing with Nitrotek.

Your after sales service will eventually put you out of business, take my word for it."
daves183
5/26/16
It is now the 26th May, and the quad copter that I gave my 12 year old son for Christmas (which was damaged and not working) has still not been returned or replaced. Numerous emails and phone calls confirming that yes the product was faulty, and that yes it would be repaired and still 5 months and 1 day later I still have nothing, no replacement, no repair - NOTHING. Just hoping I get it back in time for next Christmas! Cannot reasonably comment on the product, but the service is woeful.
robs74
5/13/16
Having had e-mail confirmation for a full refund for a twice delivered damaged and faulty product first received 6th Feb Nitrotek have now offered to give me £12 to cover the cost that I had to pay for returning the damaged product IF I REMOVE NEGATIVE COMMENTS FROM REVIEW SITES. This goes beyond belief.
julianc30
4/28/16
I bought my son a rc car from nitro tec last christmas. 2 days before Christmas Day we set the car up and got it running for approx 5 seconds before it cut out!!! I tried to re-start the car on the first pull the pull cord pulled out with no tension. I called nitro-tec and after being on hold for over 20 mins got to speak to someone on the technical department. The advice was to take the pull cord and engine out and fiddle with numerous parts.my reply was that I wanted to return the car and recive a full refund as the car was not fit for purpose !!! nitro tec did not offer to take the car back but did offer more useless tips on how to fix a brand new car that had never been used !! My advice is don't buy from this company and I would like to thank them for a very dissapointed son at Christmas
dariusz11
4/14/16
I don't know how you deal with this sh£t company, but for me they just play arownd
I buy a rc car, one condor in. January. I receive the car after 2 days whit problems.
I contact them...they answer very very hard...
I send the car back to them and...surprise the car arive yesterday, after 4 months almost with the same problem.
I lose 200£ , nerves...and a lot of time.
SH£T company, the services are the wors i ever see.
Il go to the police to make a complain...they still my money!!!
veenap2
4/6/16
Do not buy from this co.You will never get your money back.I emailed them after a month as received no response.They said no manufacturing fault and asked me to pay for the postage again to return the model.
markh210
3/4/16
I brought a build it yourself rc car for my son for Xmas. He spent 10 hours building it only to find missing parts / incorrect parts for his model. I phoned the technical support line that was supplied in the manual. After phoning several times you are put in a que longest I spent trying to speak with someone was 2hours 45 minutes. When they did answer I was told thes is a sales line not a technical support line you will need to create a ticket on our website. Once I had created this I then had to wait 7 days for a response. Over the next 3 weeks I did nothing but argue via email about what was wrong with the car. They eventually decided it was the wrong gear had been sent out and said a replacement had been ordered. 7 days later I was still waiting for the missing parts and replacement gear so I emailed them again to ask how long this was going to take. A few days later I get an email back saying the gear is not the problem it's the wrong chassis. This whole drama went on for a total of 2 months to get the replacement parts. Once there's arrived and fitted the car was completed. However it did not work, I emailed again and I was told I had done something wrong and not followed the instructions. After getting no where with this company I took the car to a recommend hobbies shop, who where very helpful and had a lot of business from customers who had brought from these cowboys! For an extra £35 the went through everything electrical and informed me that the program that runs the computer was wrong the fixed this and I have no issues with it since. I will never buy goods for this Cowboy company again they don't like to help or admit there wrong. I advise anybody thinking of buy goods from this company to spend a little more at a local hobby shop to get much better value for money and a hole lot less aggregation and a happy child!
stepheng52
2/15/16
sent wrong parts and Texan I purchased had faulty parts .Parts returned and still no response after over a month since I complained and received my ticket.There complaint ticket system is just to delay you and hope you go away

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.

U can't fone them. Message & wait upto 48hr for reply, its not nice when u spend £100s on a new hobby

By Darren M.

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K., NitroTek Representative

Questions? Get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

14 Photos for NitroTek