Review of NitroTek

Tel: +44 0161 883 0054
company@nitrotek.co.uk

af168
4/27/15

I purchased a Truggy from NitroTek, and while the car arrived within a week, the build quality of the battery connector and associated charging unit is very poorly manufactured. The customer service that I received was also some of the worst that I have ever received. Had I known about either of these before, I wouldn't have touched Nitrotek with a barge pole.

Prior to posting this review, I noticed a number of consumers had complained about the batteries and replacement parts (many of which always seem to be out of stock). There is plenty of truth in what other consumers say. As such, their feedback echoes my overwhelming discontent with Nitrotek as a company, and their products, so much so that I am in the throes of reporting them to Trading Standards.

If you are looking to purchase a remote control car, don't be sway for Nitrotek's advertising. Spend a little more money a get something that is going last and, importantly, something that you can easily obtain replacement parts for (as you'll need them).

I conclude by saying that, if you have a problem with a faulty part, Nitrotek representatives will always say that it's a user error because they have no intention of providing a replacement part; let alone have the replacement parts ever in stock. Ask yourself this, would you buy something from a company who tells you to get a replacement part from eBay? I think not.

Save your money and spare your friends and family members of a great deal of frustration. 'Do not buy anything from Nitrotek'. You have been warned.

jb138
4/14/15

The cars are ok and they are quick to dispatch and take your money but.....try getting replacement parts!
After 6 months and 24 e-mails I am still trying to get a replacement part (despite sending the exact part that I needed back to them by Recorded Delivery)
Their service and communications have been incompetent at best and on occasion I have been treated quite rudely!
Dont waste your money here. Go to a proper model shop rather than an internet trader for this type of kit.

steveg66
4/8/15

Bought an RC Heli from them, arrived next day, so I thought what a great company! WRONG it stopped working within a week, their back up and customer service is the worst I have ever come across.
Weeks have passed so far, it takes several days if your lucky to get an email reply, in the end I posted the unit back at my cost and now it is apparently in a queue to be looked at!
Simply do NOT buy from them, they are just awful to deal with. I am considering contacting trading standards.

charliec41
4/7/15

I have just got Bigfoot 1/24 Electric RC Monster Truck from nitrotek and shocked from there service and price.I found this site very interesting and found the item I wanted quite 1quick. This is an interesting site to purchase from and easy to navigate and check out. The images of the products are also clearly demonstrated and explained in detail. Will definitely recommend this site for purchasing goods.

richarda62
3/4/15

I bought an RC helicopter as a Christmas gift, boxing day the rear rotor failed. I contacted Nitrotek who told me to take it apart and fiddle with it and if that didn't work to send i back for a bit of professional fiddling. I sent the item back (at my cost) asking for a refund because it was not fit for purpose. I was informed the item had been damaged in the post and I needed to pay for the repairs.
I would not recommend buying from this company!

joed74
2/25/15

Their products are of poor quality and their service just as bad.

I received a Nitro Truck as a christmas present for my brother. Immediately it could be seen to be poor quality.

After correctly setting up, the radio controller would continually disconnect.
The truck was taken to a local professional model shop, where it was indeed diagnosed as faulty ( and poor quality ).

Contacting Nitrotek to return, I had to pay for expensive return postage myself.

After over a month of waiting, and contacting Nitrotek, they came back saying the truck was fine and wanted additional payment to post back.

Arguments back and forth ensued, but their customer service has been terrible.

All I want is a refund so I can move on from this, but they outright refuse.

Do not deal with NitroTek !!

rb49
2/24/15

Bought a Pershing Tank from Nitrotek. First the firing mechanism jammed. Sent it back at £12.80 (cheapest option) which has still not been refunded. Took nearly 5 week's to come back. Problem fixed but after 10 minutes running time the tanks near side track does not run at the same seed as the offside causing it to pull to the left continuously. Have asked for a refund now as the product is clearly not fit for purpose. If I don't get any satisfaction I will use Cheshire Trading standards and will not hesitate to pursue them until I get my money back. In the meantime I have to try to explain to my 8 year old why his Christmas present doesn't work. Quite the worst online company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. They don't deserve the 1 out of 5 that I have given them, it should be zero.

johns816
1/13/15

I have bought two buggys from this company, sent first one back as it wouldn't work. Bought another thinking the first would be a one off but the second one is just like the 1st one. Shocking that they can take £300 and get away with it. Doesn't honour the warranty and ignores every email sent. Buyer beware!!

ginaf8
12/27/14

I have bought two cars from here my son's happily got on xmas day and neither work, my son's are so disappointed, so I then spend two hours on the phone held in a queue on boxing day to only then be cut off. I don't know what to do, or how to get in contact with this company as now the phone just cuts off. I am sure this company is a conning company. I will be going straight to trading standards and

andyd17
10/31/14

The last in this saga of reviews about this company.

Regarding the quadcopter I purchased, it has never flown and it never would
Have I let a friend exam it who builds and maintains his own quads as now do.

He tried to hover it and it came flying back at him as one of the motors had failed again.

Very experienced quad pilot so knew what to do and avoided injury.

This product was a worthless piece of junk and my conscience wouldn't allow me putting
Anybody else in harms way of it so it was smashed to bits and binned.

Please learn from my mistakes and avoid this company they are no more helpful
Than a chocolate fireguard. You won't get your money back they are never wrong
Don't do repairs fob you off. (please read further description of them on previous
Offerings as this saga panned out)

Pay more and use a reputable model shop or company there are plenty out there.

You have been warned.....

regd1
10/30/14

Rc tank ordered for son's birthday present, corroded pins in track caused failure on first use. Sent back for repair. Returned in damaged state so I asked for a refund or new tank. They refused to cooperate so I got my credit card company to do a chargeback. Nitrotek sent s courier to pick up the tank and then issued a summons to take me to court. I attended but they didn't. The case was struck out. Barge pole.

suep18
10/29/14

Only buy if you can stand not getting anywhere with them if you have a problem

acmeds
9/24/14

Awful synonym for NITROTEK.
You risk your money dealing with this ghost company. All above reviews are accurate but still COMPLIMENTARY to the REAL experience dealing with this BIZARRE ghost shop. It's beyond me to understand what is going on with that "shop". You simply put your money at risk buying an expensive BRICK.

miked96
6/17/14

Ordered from Nitrotek on the 30 May, received helicopter item on the 2nd June. Only problem is that it hasnt worked out of the box. Called Nitroteks number, which found out later is a sales line and not a technical line and was told to email there support team, emailed them and advised of the issue, they refused my exchange\return. I have been emailing via their online ticketing system for the last 3 weeks to get RMA details to get the product returned under the 7 Day cooling off period (Which I notified them 2 days after receiving the goods) and Im still no further forward. Advised them of distance selling regulations and the sales of goods act but they are totally oblivious to these and fail to offer any kind of customer support.

As stated by other reviews the returns T & Cs are immoral and some of them breach what is stated in consumer regulations, sales of goods act etc etc

Im currently going through my bank to get this resolved but I have also been mailed the issue over to trading standards.

Totally avoid this company and shop elsewhere, just check out other review sites and the customers who have had the same issues with returns.

scottc48
1/24/14

Purchased. A 1/5th scale truck. After 10 minutes Of running in at half throttle it started falling apart sent back to exchange or repair and they send me a quote To repair the item which im refusing to pay. Contacted trading standards still waiting. Joing my fb page nitrotek haters lets put the word out about this terrible company.

merielr
1/13/14

I purchased a car for my son for xmas, it has never worked. I have been emailing the company for weeks, with no joy. They do not have a contact number, and i dont seem to get an email reply of the same person twice. Their aftercare and customer service is appalling.

joannk1
12/1/13

I have been trying to get a refund from april2013. It is now dec 2013 still no refund, apparently they can't find the return in their warehouse!! Appalling aftercare!!

tonyj5
6/18/13

I purchased a radio control car at Christmas. The item arrived damaged two weeks after the promised delivery date.

There customer service is awful, they do not answer their phone or reply to emails. I am now forced to take them to the small claims court.

Do not buy anything from these rip off merchants.

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.

U can't fone them. Message & wait upto 48hr for reply, its not nice when u spend £100s on a new hobby

By Darren M.

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K., NitroTek Representative

Questions? Get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

11 Photos for NitroTek