Review of NitroTek

Tel: +44 0161 883 0054
company@nitrotek.co.uk

andyh43
5/25/15
In October of 2014, my wife and I purchased an RC beginners mode helicopter which cost around £60 for my 10 year old son. After using it only one day i could not resist but to get a another one for myself as I saw my son flying around and I remembered my old days. I got a Apache helicopter which is brilliant to fly and it doesn't take long to get full control of how to fly these helis. Its a brilliant hobby and Nitrotek are doing as great job!.. Keep it up!!!
jerryk25
5/22/15
Their RC plane and helicopter kits are all up to date and at very competitive prices. They specialize in eSky, Skyartec and FreeX helicopters. Lots of RC trucks, cars , kits and rc boats too.
rickyc12
5/19/15
If you are a model builder or a kid of any size you might want to check out the Nitrotek. rc planes and rc helis, this is a super place to have your needs fulfilled. This store has a wide variety of model building
johnt217
5/19/15
I bought my son a rc nitro car for Christmas 2014 and it's now nearly June and the wheels still haven't gone round once and if you try and get contact with anyone for returns number and address its impossible I have emailed people 30 times. And still no joy the worse present I have ever bought they should be ashamed OMAR FARRA the managing director.
dickier
5/14/15
There is a great inventory of rc toys, as well as other hobby items, like model planes and boats. This is also a great store for rc plane enthusiasts. I would recommend this store to any kid or kid at heart. The prices vary, some better than others. Give this place a chance, it might just surprise you.
luisa48
5/11/15
Nitrotek is a hidden treasure chest for the radio control enthusiast. They have a large selection of high end RC aircraft, cars, monster trucks, and some boats, in stock. They also has a large inventory of spare parts and radios.
bills122
5/9/15
wish I had a time machine to go back in time and stop me from buying from this company. at xmas I purchased 2 rc tanks, when they arrived initially they both worked for approx. 1 hours of play and they just died, no power to them at all. tried for days to get through to there telephone line and was greeted by useless staff at the other end, used there online support, wish takes days to get a response and when you do its point less and useless, im still trying to get the item returned after months of trying but they are trying their hardest to stop this from happening !! reported them to trading standards and will speak to paypal next week to see if I can get a chargeback.
davew67
5/8/15
Purchased a buggy that failed when it arrived. Nitrotek blames me even though I haven't used it and want me to pay another £60 (buggy cost £90) to repair it !!! rip off merchants !! do not use this company.
dawsonb
5/8/15
I love this store! I call it a "premium quality hobby store". I think this hobby store is especially a good place if you like things like model planes, cars or tanks. They have quite a selection! I plan on buying more RC airplanes from them soon.
billyj18
5/5/15
Just got back into the RC hobby recently. I had emailed the store
directly and they got back to me immediately with the stock status and
pricing for a Hot Rod truck. Ordered it online, and got delivery
within a week. I look forward to doing business with these guys again!
davem109
5/4/15
Extremely glad to found a decent hobby store that listens to the
customers desires and interests. R/C Cars, R/C Planes, R/C
Helicopters, R/C Boats, And R/C Quad Copters...Electric And Nitro all
at fair Prices.
davidw209
5/3/15
Wish I had read these reviews before I bought the mostrubbish rc plane available there is no after sales !
jakec38
4/30/15
They have a pretty large selection of RC cars and parts, as well as RC
planes, model cars and rc tanks. I would recommend this place
and personally would advise to purchase the Brushless cars.
robs48
4/29/15
I bought and rc plane. They sent the wrong battery. I emailed to try and sort it out. They did not respond. I complaint and they just answered thank you for your input and have done nothing else. Now I am stuck with a plane that I cannot fly. Avoid at all costs.
nicholast20
4/29/15
Loads and loads of different hobby stuff here. Great for big kids, too, like me. I like the RC airplanes, and the selection here is pretty good with lots of accessories. If you're into any r/c hobbies of the kind catered to here, you'll certainly find some things you will love.
stever68
4/28/15
While most hobby stores have areas that they specialize in, say RC instead of models, this place has everything. When I say EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING. I tend to be a pretty hardcore armor and aircraft lover. This is true whether it is boats, cars, armor, aircraft , you name it.I give this place 5 Stars because they flat-out earned them! Well done!!!
af168
4/27/15
I purchased a Truggy from NitroTek, and while the car arrived within a week, the build quality of the battery connector and associated charging unit is very poorly manufactured. The customer service that I received was also some of the worst that I have ever received. Had I known about either of these before, I wouldn't have touched Nitrotek with a barge pole.

Prior to posting this review, I noticed a number of consumers had complained about the batteries and replacement parts (many of which always seem to be out of stock). There is plenty of truth in what other consumers say. As such, their feedback echoes my overwhelming discontent with Nitrotek as a company, and their products, so much so that I am in the throes of reporting them to Trading Standards.

If you are looking to purchase a remote control car, don't be sway for Nitrotek's advertising. Spend a little more money a get something that is going last and, importantly, something that you can easily obtain replacement parts for (as you'll need them).

I conclude by saying that, if you have a problem with a faulty part, Nitrotek representatives will always say that it's a user error because they have no intention of providing a replacement part; let alone have the replacement parts ever in stock. Ask yourself this, would you buy something from a company who tells you to get a replacement part from eBay? I think not.

Save your money and spare your friends and family members of a great deal of frustration. 'Do not buy anything from Nitrotek'. You have been warned.
jb138
4/14/15
The cars are ok and they are quick to dispatch and take your money but.....try getting replacement parts!
After 6 months and 24 e-mails I am still trying to get a replacement part (despite sending the exact part that I needed back to them by Recorded Delivery)
Their service and communications have been incompetent at best and on occasion I have been treated quite rudely!
Dont waste your money here. Go to a proper model shop rather than an internet trader for this type of kit.
steveg66
4/8/15
Bought an RC Heli from them, arrived next day, so I thought what a great company! WRONG it stopped working within a week, their back up and customer service is the worst I have ever come across.
Weeks have passed so far, it takes several days if your lucky to get an email reply, in the end I posted the unit back at my cost and now it is apparently in a queue to be looked at!
Simply do NOT buy from them, they are just awful to deal with. I am considering contacting trading standards.
charliec41
4/7/15
I have just got Bigfoot 1/24 Electric RC Monster Truck from nitrotek and shocked from there service and price.I found this site very interesting and found the item I wanted quite 1quick. This is an interesting site to purchase from and easy to navigate and check out. The images of the products are also clearly demonstrated and explained in detail. Will definitely recommend this site for purchasing goods.
richarda62
3/4/15
I bought an RC helicopter as a Christmas gift, boxing day the rear rotor failed. I contacted Nitrotek who told me to take it apart and fiddle with it and if that didn't work to send i back for a bit of professional fiddling. I sent the item back (at my cost) asking for a refund because it was not fit for purpose. I was informed the item had been damaged in the post and I needed to pay for the repairs.
I would not recommend buying from this company!
joed74
2/25/15
Their products are of poor quality and their service just as bad.

I received a Nitro Truck as a christmas present for my brother. Immediately it could be seen to be poor quality.

After correctly setting up, the radio controller would continually disconnect.
The truck was taken to a local professional model shop, where it was indeed diagnosed as faulty ( and poor quality ).

Contacting Nitrotek to return, I had to pay for expensive return postage myself.

After over a month of waiting, and contacting Nitrotek, they came back saying the truck was fine and wanted additional payment to post back.

Arguments back and forth ensued, but their customer service has been terrible.

All I want is a refund so I can move on from this, but they outright refuse.

Do not deal with NitroTek !!
rb49
2/24/15
Bought a Pershing Tank from Nitrotek. First the firing mechanism jammed. Sent it back at £12.80 (cheapest option) which has still not been refunded. Took nearly 5 week's to come back. Problem fixed but after 10 minutes running time the tanks near side track does not run at the same seed as the offside causing it to pull to the left continuously. Have asked for a refund now as the product is clearly not fit for purpose. If I don't get any satisfaction I will use Cheshire Trading standards and will not hesitate to pursue them until I get my money back. In the meantime I have to try to explain to my 8 year old why his Christmas present doesn't work. Quite the worst online company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. They don't deserve the 1 out of 5 that I have given them, it should be zero.
johns816
1/13/15
I have bought two buggys from this company, sent first one back as it wouldn't work. Bought another thinking the first would be a one off but the second one is just like the 1st one. Shocking that they can take £300 and get away with it. Doesn't honour the warranty and ignores every email sent. Buyer beware!!
ginaf8
12/27/14
I have bought two cars from here my son's happily got on xmas day and neither work, my son's are so disappointed, so I then spend two hours on the phone held in a queue on boxing day to only then be cut off. I don't know what to do, or how to get in contact with this company as now the phone just cuts off. I am sure this company is a conning company. I will be going straight to trading standards and

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.

U can't fone them. Message & wait upto 48hr for reply, its not nice when u spend £100s on a new hobby

By Darren M.

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K., NitroTek Representative

Questions? Get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

13 Photos for NitroTek