Review of Neopets

Tel: +1 310-533-3700

8 reviews with 1 star

merlinb18
2/3/19

Really enjoyed the game and put years of play/work into it - amazing game and family-friendly. I left it for a few years and my account was frozen for inactivity. I contacted their support team to unfreeze my account but it's been 2 years with no response to my emails. See the reviews that say the Neopets Team treat their customers like trash - it's true.

pasitheac
6/11/18

The team that runs this game, TNT, treats players like trash. Random and unreasonable/unjustifiable account freezes are happening, and they will tell you to send in a ticket but you will not receive any help or support even after doing so. Is this laziness or just disrespect for their player base? I think it might be both. Just have a look at their Facebook page and you will find a long list of players seeking replies for their tickets, some submitted months or even years ago.

Their premium membership is total crap, there is nothing premium about it yet the fees they charge for premium is double the price of some of the best games in the gaming industry today. Worse still, the game is not even optimized for many browsers even though its just webpage based.

The current player base seem to be a small group of loudmouth regulars who are disillusioned that the game is thriving. This is apparent as you will see them flooding their own boards on the forums with a few hundreds of their own spam just to make their board look alive. It is an absolute joke.

Despite all these issues, what TNT only does is to continuously release new items in their cash shop (NC mall) instead of doing anything to fix the game. This so called kid friendly game is nothing but a money grubbing scheme. They are trying to get as much money out of the game before it dies out, which it is already starting to.

Do not waste your time and money on Neopets. You will only be supporting a bunch of rude people who only want your money and cannot care less about their player base.

jayy15
4/27/17

It would seem Neopets latest tactic is to now just close tickets as soon as they are opened if they have decided they no longer wish to deal with you
They were happy enough to take premium payments for 12 months while I was trying to get an account back
Once I finally cancelled it my ticket stayed as open for 2 years
It finally went to a Work in Progress then closed with no communication or reason
All subsequent tickets have been closed or closed as duplicate within hours of me creating them
7 times so far and counting
I have never come across such disgusting "customer service"

yoannab
12/13/14

Never give your card number to this website, they will keep charging you. Charged me $24.95 for the account that they froze on their whim two month ago. This is reply I got:
If your account was frozen for breaking the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when creating the account, it will not be unfrozen, nor will you receive a refund.

brandij1
11/28/14

No love let on neopets. They are greedy as all hell.

dakotas1
5/31/14

Started playing waaaaay back in 2005 when I was in elementary school. I returned as an adult with his own apartment and life nearly ten years later, hoping to take a trip down memory lane... What I found was a hellhole overrun with micro transactions, advertisements (Some of which contained nasty viruses and malware) and ridiculous frills and gimmicks. Just like everything else I once cared about or enjoyed as a kid, Neopets and it's overseers have succumbed to total greed...

sailorc
8/15/13

I joined Neopets over 9 years go, I played for 5 of those years. I was heavily involved in the site and was one of the top posting members in a certain Neopets forum.
What tore me away was a little after the time they began the McDonald promotion, they decided to ditch the current pet designs so they could implement a system that allowed you to clothes your pets. Which meant they redesigned every pet and color.
Why I found it to be a poor decision is that they cared not how poor the art was afterward. I use to love the old design of the plushie Zafara, the new one is nothing more then a color change of the normal looking Zafara, it entirely lost its cuddly plushie look. And that is only ONE pet, I won't bother listing anymore. So my complaint is really that they couldn't bother paying good artists to create good art, they went cheap.

I liked the site for its originality, but they went from being creative to making decisions based on profit. Poor move.

Update: I got banned many months back, I think because I kept trying to log into my account but I couldn't remember which password I used... somehow that became a permanent ban! I had those pets for over 10 years... and customer service was USELESS, they don't get back to you. So... everything I collected and worked on is gone, poof. This company needs to be sued or shut down, they made it into a pay site as far as content goes but they care not about their members.

uyid
3/3/10

They froze me for now reason and I've put so much money and time into that website. They aren't saying what I was frozen for but the premise is "Cheating". Would you waste all your time and hard work on a website only to just cheat to extra a few virtual pints? Thank you.

Questions? Get answers from the Neopets staff and other customers.

Neopets?