My Perfect Resume reviews

customerservice@myperfectresume.com

64 reviews with 3 stars

nallelyo
12/14/18

So I spoke to a "Xinia Bonilla" and she was so passive aggressive, short and curt with me. At first she stated she could not hear me and I guess she became irritated and became short and curt. Because of her I will not ever return to this site. She needs to be removed from customer service and transferred to another department if she doesn't like her job. SMDH. All I wanted was to cancel the trial and get my refunds processed but Xinia, Hilda, whatever her name was, was straight up rude. SMH

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Nallely:

On behalf of MyPerfectResume, we want to extend our sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you had with our Customer Service Agent, Xinia. We realized that she was unmannerly in solving your issue, we understand your frustration at having not been properly directed and even greater frustration at having to be misled.

At MyPerfectResume, we pride ourselves on giving our 100% every day to ensure that each customer’s needs are being met. We know that we have let you down, and for that, we are very sorry. We do our best to train each of our agents on how to properly handle our customer’s issues, including how to escalate problems that they are unable to assist with. Your concern was not handled properly, and we are going to take steps to ensure that this situation does not repeat itself.

We will also be holding a mandatory review session to make sure our agents are aware of the proper procedure for handling these types of situations. We want to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
carlaa38
8/31/18

I called to cancel my resume. The lady was kind and wanted to help me with other ways to keep resume going but we finally got on the same page.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Carla:

We're sad to see you go, we'll miss you! Thank you for sharing your experience! Our Customer Service Team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear we delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know.
ilam2
7/26/18

I paid for the 14 day trial and got my resume and then thought I had canceled it but apparently didnt and got charged $34.96. I personally wish they would have refunded this but its done. The resumes were very nice and website well laid out.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Ila:

We appreciate your feedback.
We’d like to help you address your concern so you can have a great experience with us. Shortly, you will receive a email so we can look into what’s happening for you.
michaela579
6/25/18

First and foremost, be sure to call and cancel within the two weeks. They are more than happy to lower the price once they hear that you want out. If you were a sucker like me and kept forgetting to call and cancel, dont let the fast, sweet-talking retention rep get you to accept a discounted rate. Insist on a refund. If you want the service later, just call back up and THEN insist on the discount. I got $20 back out of about $55 total charge, and they offered a rate of $4.95. Get a full refund, and opt for the discount at a later date.

If you need help building a resume, a paid service can be a great tool. However, google image can give a good number of ideas and Microsoft Word has a good few templates. The main thing I got from this service was its job descriptions. It made writing out responsibilities easy by simply doing it for you; however, the scripted options were very obviously scripted and it can easily make your resume sound impersonal.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
-Hello, Michael!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback, we’re always happy to hear it!

We’re constantly looking to make our products and services better and listening to our customers is a big part of that.
We want to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, since we're always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process. With that in mind, we’ve passed your comments along to our team so we can keep improving. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
manfordk5
5/30/18

I received 4 debit transaction on 11 May 2018 and two debit transaction on 24 May 2018. I will cancel it if you continue to debit my account more than one time on 24 June. My monthly subscription fee $4.95. You charge on US dollars!!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
-Hello, Manford!

We’re constantly looking to make our products and services better, and listening to our customers is a big part of that. With that in mind, rest assured that we verified your account and as you previously mentioned your only active monthly subscription fee is in fact $4.95. Also as a international company, we process payments from all over the globe through our entity located in the United Kingdom. However, we have no control over banking policies with International transactions. Please contact your banking institution if you have any further questions regarding that matter.

We hope that this information helps to clear up any concerns you may have had. Please feel free to contact us in case you have further questions.
Thank you.
kashah
5/17/18

The resume builder was fine and the customer service was great, but I didn't get any emails about the reoccurring charges for the subscription fee. If I had, I would have cancelled sooner. I don't appreciate companies that take advantage of people.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Kasha,
We're sorry to hear about this. We understand how you feel, however, once you create an account with us and purchase a product, our system automatically sends an e-mail with the details of your purchase including the T&C's of our monthly subscription. Auto e-mails can get picked up as spam or junk mail so please be sure to check your spam/junk mail folders. LiveCareer under no circumstances takes advantage of our customers, we offer professional writing services for a complete and unique resume. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. Wishing you the best of luck in your career search!
jamesc792
5/16/18

Great service in creating an updated resume. However, when trying to cancel my subscription before the deadline, I e-mailed them but never heard back. I ended up having to call on the 14th day. Initially the representative was pleasant and accommodating. After explaining several times that I just need to update my resume, wasn't looking for a job, that I never said I couldn't afford it, and being pushed with several 'reduced' pricing plans (even the employee discount), I hopefully got it cancelled. What part of the previous makes it so hard to just simply cancel? Great for building a resume but they need to work on accepting 'I want to cancel.'

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi James,
We apologize for the frustrating time you experienced with our agent. Under no circumstances we want our customers to feel this way. We'll make sure this incident doesn't happen again. Again, we apologize for the situation, James.
amandao36
4/19/18

First of all I paid 24.95 and I wasn't meaning too. When I wanted to cancel it forced me to call over the phone. The guy Lenny B. Absolutely refused to let me just cancel the service. He pushed all types of prices at me till I agreed to keep the service for 4.95 a month and now you know don't pay more than 4. 95 guys. This place only cares about your money! It's hard to get out of like a cult!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Amanda,
Thank you so much for sharing your excellent experience with Lenny and our Customer Service team. We strive to provide an A+ Customer Service experience with a one-stop approach to any situation. Your feedback helps make our service even better.
kurtf12
4/11/18

I agreed to paying an amount around $2, but I came to realize they had been charging my account $24.99 every month. NOT OK!! But, I called them and the man was very kind and issued my refund and also had to request previous months' refund from corporate (he should be able to do this in my opinion, but the company won't empower it's employees to do so). Any way, I should be receiving the rest of my refund in a week, but they should have to ask you to charge the $24.99 instead of just sending an email that looks like junk mail saying they are charging my account...

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hey Kurt,
Thanks for the feedback, however, we would like to take this opportunity to clear up some information regarding your account:

We offer our customers 14 day access for just $1.95, and we indicate up front that this offer will automatically renew after the 14 day period on numerous pages during the sign-up process ( (with the option of canceling at anytime). This auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14-day subscription on the sales page, payment page, processing the purchase and after the purchase (on the confirmation pages.) We also send a payment confirmation e-mail stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal, you may check your Junk/Spam inbox folder as well. Let us know if you received the correspondent refund by now.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us! Thanks!
robinn33
4/3/18

I signed up because all I wanted was a template to go by. They started charging me $24.95. That doesn't make sense to me since I am updating my resume that means I am looking for a job. Why do I have to pay $24.95 (when I don't have a job) for help in finding a job? I talked to Lenny in customer service and brought down the charge to $4.95 for one month. I will try again in a month to cancel and see if they actually cancel.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Robin,

Thanks for your feedback and we understand your frustration, however, we do offer a 14-day trial subscription for a small fee. In this trial, you'll have unlimited access to all our professional resume tools including expert advice on how you can make your resume shine, and you may cancel anytime before you're enrolled into our auto-renewal subscription. We're glad that our agent was able to grant this one-time price for you as this is not the normal price for any of our subscriptions. We do hope you understand and appreciate this as act as we never like to leave any customers unsatisfied with any of our products. If you may have any other situations arise, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us via email at social@livecareer.com.
chelseaw40
4/2/18

This website is great, they have awesome features and helpful tools. BUT hey will take money out of your account without sending an email letting you know (or it'll send it but end up in spam, or promotions so you won't see it normally- it renews every 4 weeks). However, I did talk to an AMAZING customer service woman, Joyce Jhonson, and she understood my concerns and listened to me and was kind the entire time. She even registered me a refund! Great customer service here

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
-Hello, Chelsea!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our agent Joyce. We strive to provide an A+ Customer Service experience with a one-stop approach to any situation. Your feedback helps make our service even better. That said, if your experience with us has improved based on your Customer Service experience, we’d love it if you’d consider revising your rating of us. It would make a huge difference for us, and would help truly us.
Thank you!

-Best regards,
MyPerfectResume
shashanad
2/5/18

great for outlining resumes and cover letters in a concise and professional manner. would prefer if resume automatically uploaded when applying for a job in their iobs search section.

cedrickkkkh
1/24/18

I'm not sure what's going on with MyPerfectResume and the other names by which this company operates, but I was charged $1.95 for a 15 day trial, created my resume' and then couldn't download my resume' without paying an additional amount. I abandoned the program and created my own resume'. Exactly 15 days after trying the trial, they try to charge my credit card $19.95. I clearly don't want the service. This business model will eventually fail because DECEIT only lasts for so long. Joseph G. helped me and provided good customer service; however, my issue isn't fully resolved at this point. I was charged for a service I never was able to use. Why no last names or operator #s?

edwardt48
12/30/17

I had no idea when i joined this site for a 1 off payment of new CV that i had
subscribed for a charge of £16.95 every 4 weeks ,I was not a happy man when i 1st phoned to cancel i got hung up on the 2nd time the guy i suspect by my email Walter did a great job in canceling it and getting me a refund .Lesson been read small letters guys.

gracias3
9/27/17

Hey, I give you 3 because 1 is mine and another 1 is for God. But that was awesome, thank you. Now, I will be waiting for everything next month.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Gracia!
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resume builder!
kellyl131
9/18/17

We found this site through a google search and the deal was, for $2.95 you could get a resume. They said you could cancel anytime and wouldn't be charged any additional money. We created the resume that we needed and emailed them to let them know that we were canceling. There is absolutely no place on the site to go for canceling. They charged our credit card the $2.95, and then 2 weeks later charged our card another $25. We called the number listed for them on our credit card statement and they are refunding $21. If you use this service, make sure you get a confirmation number for your cancelation.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Kelly.
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resume builder and customer service team. You may cancel your subscription using any of the following options:
• By clicking on the “Chat” button on our website MyPerfectResume.com
• From your account- go to Settings>Subscription>Cancel (on the top right of your Home Page when you Login)
Thanks!
alyssaw13
8/27/17

I needed to use this website for a nice resume and it came out beautiful but then 2 months later I got $25 fee out of no where but luckily they were really nice and gave me the refund and were very accommodating

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Alyssa,
Our customer service team is always here to help. Thank you for sharing your experience.
maralyns
8/22/17

MyPerfectResume accomplishes the basic needs for a resume while also offering suggestions to improve your resume. Overall, it does serve its purpose.

HOWEVER, it baits customers with "FREE" resume download and print, not ever hinting you will need to pay a small fee of $2.95 until after you have spent an hour or so writing it up. Once you attempt to print or download, that is when you first hear of the fee.

$2.95 will give you 14 trial period in which you can make resumes and cover letters, print and download. There were very limited templates and the templates themselves were did not allow me to customize per need. And the cancellation process is super easy, unlike other reviewers say. You can call the customer service line, email the customer service line or log into your account >> go to subscriptions >> and choose CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION. It will prompt you at least 2-3 times for confirmation...after that, it's done. As long as you do so BEFORE your trial ends, you should not be charged the $24.95 fee.

That being said, I consider this $2.95 well spent.

emer446
8/18/17

First of all, the customer service training they've received is outdated and not useful- no one wants to hear the monotonous repetition of their name (especially from a stranger) after every other word in a sentence.. It DOES NOT make for a more personalized/more relatable customer experience. It's just OBNOXIOUS and ANNOYING. I attempted to cancel this myperfect resume subscription because it is overpriced at $24.00 a month, the customer service agent then offered me the so-called "special employee discount" price of $4.94 a month from here on out. I agreed to it so now I'll just wait and see if they stick to their agreement or not...

yvonneo8
Yvonne O.
7/17/17

Unfortunately when looking for a job the price is a bit much..but I found it easy to cancel the account and get my funds back.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Yvonne,
Thanks for your feedback and for sharing your experience with us. We strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience with a top-notch service team and hope you will let us know if you need any help in the future.
deborahk57
7/15/17

t was very difficult after download to do do any type of formatting or changes. the support team was fast in responding but their suggestion did not help at all.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Deborah! We're sorry to hear that you're not completely satisfied with our product. While your subscription is still active, we'd love to work with you to help you get a professional resume that fits your needs. You can give us a call at 855-213-0348. Representatives are available from Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM (CST), Saturdays from 8 AM to 5 PM (CST) and Sundays from 10 AM to 6PM (CST). Thank you!
donnajoc
6/26/17

I liked the way the resume was sectioned off but found I had to rewrite most information. Once the resume was finished, I had difficulty being able to edit.
Customer service was a little confusing but The service rep was persistent and polite while trying to assist me.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Donnajo,
We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. We’re sorry to hear that your experience with us left you wanting more. There’s anything we can do to help or if you decide to reactivate your account, please let us know and we’ll be happy to assist.
laurena52
6/22/17

The site was very user unfriendly. It appeared to be advertised as a free service and then it was not. It was hard to navagate and then when the PDF document was converted to a word document the elements were a mess. Not so good for me.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Lauren,
We have taken note of your feedback and let me assure you that we are constantly working in offering you a better experience with us. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
nener
6/21/17

I had a problem login into my account using my email. Therefore I was not able to cancel my subscription. My account was billed $24.95. After this I made a phone call to the first rep. He said he would send me and email receipt granting me a refund and to correct the issue of me logging into account. Luckily I got the cancellation number from him before I hung up. I called back 3 days later because I still did not see my refund, and still could not get into my account. The second rep. solved my login issues by making sure I could login before we got off the phone and also made sure my email was correct to send me the confirmation we discussed. The first rep. had the wrong email, even though it was on my resume and also did not care about me other than trying to keep me subscribed. So as of right now, I will be watching my account for the refund, especially after reading some of the reviews.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Nene,
We take our customer’s satisfaction seriously and have taken note of your feedback as we’re constantly working towards improving your experience with us.
stevenc138
6/18/17

I loved the template to write my resume.
Even so, I did not like finding out a month later money was withdrawals from my bank account for a membership to perfect resume in which I did not need.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Steven,
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience with us.

UNAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS TAKEN. $24.95 a month, EVERY month. Check your credit card companys protection plan and report them. You may not be liable for unauthorized charges and services not rendered. Also report misleading and false promises such as them telling you the charges will stop. REPORT THEM TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE! For newbies to the site... they will be so sweet and kind and tell you they will cancel. They will not. TAKE ACTION! The positive reviews are not from real customers.

By Cher M.

You can cancel your subscription at any time by calling. Our toll free line is 1-888-816-0576 representatives are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm EST; Saturday 9am to 6pm EST; Sunday 11am -7pm EST. You can also cancel by logging into your account and clicking on the Name link. Then click on My Settings then Subscription and you can choose to cancel your subscription. You can also cancel your subscription by emailing your subscription cancellation request to customerservice@livecareer.com. Once your subscription is canceled, you'll receive an email confirmation. Often auto emails can get picked up as spam or junk mail. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder. Additionally, you can click live help to chat with us online to request we cancel your subscription. You can also call us if we can be of any further assist to you.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. Most of clients use the service for months since this service allow clients to build as many resumes as they want with the ability to customize those accordingly to the specific job criteria that they are requesting. For example our builder give you hits in how to create a perfect resume for Marketing Jobs and give you specific keywords for that department as well as many other departments that you can choose for yourself and additional to that you can built the cover letter and even search jobs through our page. This is just an example of the many use of our services. We have a toll free number in the page that client can contact us for more information about how they can use the service to be successful when it comes to job searches.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Hi Susan, I will be more than glad to assist you. You may cancel your subscription using any of the following options: * By calling Customer Service 1-855-213-0348 from Monday - Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM CST Sunday 10 AM to 6PM CST * By clicking chat button on our website * From your account- go to settings>subscription>cancel (on the top right of your home page when you login) If you want to continue the process with me, I will need the email address used to create your account with us or the account ID.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Absolutely not! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: E-mail us at: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Call us at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Thank you for getting in touch and we're sorry about the delayed response, Marc! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: Our Customer Support Team are standing by and ready to help you. Just pick the country-specific toll-free support number below and give us a call at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Cannot sign in but was charged?

By Ronald V.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! I am a very organized person who worked for the state that I reside in as an investigator. I had an injury and had to make a change in my career. I am very careful about getting pulled into scams, however, I felt that this would be a good opportunity to build a resume and cover letter that was more updated than when my original resume that I wrote years ago. First of all, the templates are not free. After spending a long period of time writing the perfect resume, I only had the option of spending $2.99 to have access to the resume/cover letter. I felt that was a reasonable fee for the use of the template. As I stated, I am very organized and manage my finances very well. I made sure that I went into my account and cancelled by subscription after 5 days of use so that I would not be charged the $29.99 for the month. Today, I checked my checking account and sure enough the $29.99 had been deducted. I immediately called customer service and they stated that my cancellation had not gone through and they had no notification of my cancellation. They were willing to give me back only $14.00 of my $29.99 back and then went on trying to sell me more offers. I was extremely angry and then spoke with a supervisor. He also argued that I had not cancelled. I went through the same steps to cancel my account while the supervisor was on the phone with me. Low and behold the cancellation went through!!! Obviously, this company has set up the cancellation process to fail and you will be charged the $29.00 anyway. I definitely learned my lesson!!! I had to threaten to have my attorney to get involved due to this company stealing money from my account before they agreed to reimburse my full $29.00. They could not give me a refund confirmation number for the remaining reimbursement. I as a Social Worker who advocate for people could not conscientiously could not write a review to warn people of this scam.

By Cynthia F.

Thank you for the information and we're sorry about the delayed response, Vukica! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, Hinduja! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Questions? Get answers from the My Perfect Resume staff and other customers.

My Perfect Resume?