My Perfect Resume reviews

customerservice@myperfectresume.com

411 reviews with 1 star

reneer98
7/12/19

They charge me a set amount (like $3.95) to use the site for 14 days access, but after 14 days they have a recurring charge of $24.95. I called to cancel and the guy kept repeating himself stating that they sent me an email explaining that. I didn't read an email from their website 14 days later thinking it was spam. I didn't even know they were storing my credit card info in their site. Totally unethical.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Renee,

We regret to hear that you have not had a favorable experience with us and would love an opportunity to change your mind about us! At your earliest convenience, please email us directly at: social@myperfectresume.com with your Account ID or the email address associated with the account so that we can promtly look into your situation. Thank you and we'll be looking out for your email!
neilc244
7/12/19

I consider this site to be fraudulent as they do not advise you of their charges. They advertise free templates and at the completion of your resume, they charge a small fee. However, to download your resume, you are forced to become a subscriber. This is free for 14 days and then you are charged an ongoing monthly fee, however, this again is not advised as you progress through the subscription sign up. I found this out once checking my credit card statements after being charged $34.95. They then refunded a portion of the fee only as I didn't cancel within 14 days. Any charges should be clearly displayed and not hidden and why you need a subscription with a monthly charge for a single resume template is baffling. This is dishonest and a scam to trick you into a monthly fee that will not be refunded.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello Neil,

We are not fraudulent and apologize if there was a misunderstanding on the terms of our subscription. We do notify our customers that if they do not cancel their subscriptions prior to the end of the of the 14-day trial, either through their account or by contacting us beforehand, then it will enter into the recurring subscription until canceled. This information is made available in the following areas:
-Sell page
-Payment information page
-Processing payment page
-Order confirmation page
-Payment confirmation e-mail

That said, we are committed to changing your mind about us and will gladly look into to your account to see what can be done. At your earliest convenience, please send us an email directly to: social@myperfectresume.com with your Account ID or the email address associated with the account. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
elijahw12
6/29/19

I am very disappointed, I started the trial for 1.95 and canceled it before it ended, but I still somehow got charged for 24.95 a month later. Now they won't even give me a refund and just told me to keep using it. This is a huge inconvenience and I will not be using this site again

lisas1072
5/18/19

This place is terrible! It's an online scam business that will keep charging your credit card and won't refund your money. When you sign up for $2.95 to build a resume it never says you are in a membership. I just talked to Lou in Puerto Rico and she refused to refund my money! I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company and place s block on my account to be sure they didn't continue to charge my card.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello Lisa,

We are very sorry if there was any confusion on the terms of our subscription. We do notify our customers at several points that after the 14-day trial, the subscription enters into a monthly subscription service. We even offer a 100% money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the results during the trial! Customers are informed that if they do not cancel before the end of the subscription, either through their account or by contacting us, the recurring amount will be charged.
The auto-renewal information is listed in multiple areas such as the:
-Sell page
-Payment information page
-Processing payment page
-Payment confirmation e-mail

Upon reviewing your account, we would have gladly issued you a refund for the month that you were charged. However, we are now unable to make any changes to the account or issue the refund due to intervention from your credit card company.
christineh335
4/16/19

This service allowed me to create a nice resume, but once I had a job I sent an email to cancel the service. They replied and said that my service was cancelled and that I would not be billed again. The next month, I was billed again. I sent them another email (and included their email indicating that I wouldn't be billed), and asked them to credit me and assure that it wouldn't happen again. They responded and said they would issue a refund. Then, I received an email indicating that they have issued a "partial refund". I have emailed them 2 more times asking for the FULL refund as previously promised & they are no longer responding. This is infuriating. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
We are sorry that you have experienced this with our company, Christine. At MyPerfectResume, we pride ourselves on giving 100% every day to ensure that each customer’s needs are being met. We know that we have let you down, and for that, we are very sorry. We do our best to train each of our agents on how to properly handle our customer’s issues, including how to escalate problems that they are unable to assist with. Your cancellation was not handled correctly and we are going to take steps to ensure that this situation does not repeat itself. We'll also be holding a mandatory review session to make sure our agents are aware of the proper procedure for handling these types of situations.

As for the refund request, please bear in mind that our agents can only issue 50% of the amount requested. The initial refund was issued on April 05, 2019 for $13.98 while the remaining was processed by a supervisor on April 08, 2019 for $13.97.

laivit
4/16/19

The service works but instead of just getting your resume they will continue charging you monthly without saying that on your purchase order.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Laivi -

Thank you for letting us know about this and we apologize for the confusion that this might have caused you, we'll be more than happy to help you with this matter. Our subscriptions have a continuous billing feature that charges your CC/DB after the 14-day trial period expires and every month for the regular price of the subscription unless you choose to cancel beforehand.

With this mind, we would love to personally assist you with this matter. To do so you'll be receiving a private message so we can look into what’s happening for you.
ancaa3
3/24/19

You believe that you are making a one-off payment, but the site also initiates ongoing, regular payments that are not communicated clearly to you. They include details of the recurring payments in small print in the terms and conditions. In principle the information is available, but in practice, it is presented in a way that is likely to go unnoticed.
They are misleading about the costs. It's obviously a fraud.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Anca -

We're deeply sorry to hear that you feel this way about our services. We’ll be more than happy to help you address your concerns so you can have an amazing experience with our company. Shortly, you will receive a direct message so we can look into what’s happening for you.
jesss90
3/18/19

The guy who helped me with the cancellation on the phone was kind and helpful. Unfortunately, at the end he offered to send me an email that would tell me about a deal for $4.95 for a month of continued service. I told him to go ahead and send the email and I would review it. Instead of giving me an email to review, they went ahead and charged my account the $4.95 which was not what the customer service rep had said. Disappointed.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Jess -

We're sincerely sorry for the negative experience and for any confusion that this might have caused you. We pride ourselves on giving 100% every day to ensure that each customer’s needs are being met. We are aware that we may have let you down. We do our best to train each of our agents on how to properly handle our customer’s issues, including how to escalate problems that they are unable to assist with. Your concern was not handled properly, and we are going to take steps to ensure that this situation does not repeat itself.

We’d love to help you with this so you can have a great experience with us. Shortly, you will receive a direct message so we can look into what’s happening for you.
travisr80
3/12/19

The customer service was absolutely horrendous. The representative constantly tried selling me products after I told them Many times I didn't want them. In fact I even told them I didn't want to spend money on a subscription in the first place and yet they still tried to get me to keep my account active. All I wanted was to cancel my subscription, and I told them that many times. This was an extremely frustrating experience and I will never deal with this company again.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Travis -

On behalf of MyPerfectResume, we want to extend our sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you had with our Customer Service Agent, we realized that it was unmannerly in solving your issue, and when you asked to cancel the account the agent proceeded differently. We completely understand your frustration at having not been properly directed and even greater frustration at having to be misled.

We pride ourselves on giving 100% every day to ensure that each customer’s needs are being met. We know that we have let you down, and for that, we are very sorry. We do our best to train each of our agents on how to properly handle our customer’s issues, including how to escalate problems that they are unable to assist with. Your concern was not handled properly, and we are going to take steps to ensure that this situation does not repeat itself. We'll also be holding a mandatory review session to make sure our agents are aware of the proper procedure for handling these types of situations.

nasreens3
2/13/19

Tricked into monthly membership, not right, not honest

I am seeking full refund, called customer service and they are dishonest

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Nasreen:

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We strive to deliver A+ customer service and apologize if we haven’t met that standard. Shortly, you will receive an email from us so we can look into what’s happening for you.
lisamarieo2
1/15/19

Have tried to cancel my subscription 4!! Times now. But still no response. Have filled in the questions-form on their page, and also sent two emails from my own mail. Wanted to cancel becase i noticed they had billed me automaticly. Hate bad customerservice! It's 2019.......I's not that hard!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Lisa:

Our #1 goal is to make sure you’re satisfied with our service. If we’ve fallen short on that for you, we sincerely apologize, we want to thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback, we’re always happy to hear it! We’re constantly looking to make our products and services better and listening to our customers is a big part of that. With that in mind, we’ve passed your comments along to our team so we can keep improving.

We’d like to help you address your concern so you can have a great experience with us. Please send us an email to social@myperfectresume.com make sure that you include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume.
artt26
1/14/19

By far the worst customer service. This company should reconsider their approach considering that the are a online business. Had I read the reviews I would have never used them. Ronnie is flat out rude and should definitely be taught the value of customer service.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Art:

On behalf of MyPerfectResume, we want to extend our sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you had with our Customer Service Agent, we realized that he was unmannerly in solving your issue. We understand your frustration at having to be misled.

At MyPerfectResume, we pride ourselves on giving our 100% every day to ensure that each customer’s needs are being met. We know that we have let you down, and for that, we are very sorry. We do our best to train each of our agents on how to properly handle our customer’s issues, including how to escalate problems that they are unable to assist with. Your concern was not handled properly, and we are going to take steps to ensure that this situation does not repeat itself.

We will also be holding a mandatory review session to make sure our agents are aware of the proper procedure for handling these types of situations. We want to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
josephb401
10/20/18

Everyone, please review the exchange below, it speaks volumes about this unscrupulous, condescending company. Here you have a rep - Laura T - for this criminal enterprise admitting their culpability, but defending not refunding me by saying that I approached the bank and initiated a dispute before reaching out to them. Ergo, by some unfathomable logic, they don't have to refund the money they admittedly defrauded me out of(?!?!).

Btw, the reason I reached out to the bank first is because I received a FRAUD ALERT from the credit card company, which I immediately responded to. You see, without my knowledge (yes, I should keep a sharper eye on my credit charges....) these creeps were charging me $24.95 a month for EIGHTEEN MONTHS!!!! So the very first thing I did was exactly what you would do: call the bank to a) put a stop to the charges, b) find out WHO was doing the charging (I didn't even recognize the charge from 1.5 years before), and then c) reach out to My Perfect Resume.

And that's when the eternal merry-go-round with these swine began. But first, check this out, it's classic (my response to their rep Laura T's initial comment on my first review is on bottom, her response to that immediately below this):

Laura T.
Oct 30, 18 12:26PM
Subject: Re: My review of MyPerfectResume
Block user | Report as spam
Thank you for the message, Joseph!

Upon further account evaluation, we are unable to offer you any refunds at this time. Our decision is based on the fact that as a customer, you choose to contact your financial institution before contacting us to provide the refunds to your account. Since these charges were disputed, you will need to contact your bank so they can provide you with the proper resolution. Once your bank intervenes, it is no longer up to us, because the charges were disputed. Our #1 goal is to make sure you're satisfied with our service. If we've fallen short on that for you, we sincerely apologize.

If there's anything else we can do, don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Joseph B. wrote: -------------------------
The fact that you conveniently leave out my cancellation instructions dated May 23, 2017 just speaks volumes about your duplicity, and how stupid you think people are.

Here's the time stamped text of the email (which you know about, of course, as I have your confirmation of receipt as well):

From:
Sent: May 23, 2017 8:28 PM
To: customerservice@myperfectresume.com
Subject: Subscription cancellation

Good evening,

Please cancel my subscription effective immediately.

Please confirm.

Joseph B

Every single charge since then has been fraudulent, and I will continue to spread the word whenever and wherever possible. As well, I continue to pursue every possible legal remedy available. The wheels of justice may turn slowly, but believe me, they're turning...

People, if any of you have had similar experiences with this evil company, please contact me at myperfectscam@gmail.com. There are many, many people out there who have been similarly defrauded (that's what their website is designed to do), and we are putting together a class-action suit. Please join and be part of our efforts to put this unscrupulous business where it belongs: out of business!

Thanks,

Joseph

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Joseph Berkowitz:

We also, provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee, which is the one that you've chosen, this account gives you the ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters, but these features are NOT listed within the free account. When you signed up for our product on May 08, 2017, you agreed to our 'Terms and Conditions' as well as our 'Privacy Terms'. Once you selected our 14-day trial, you automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service, which we let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time. After that, we charged your credit card since your 14-day trial expired on May 23, 2017. Your account was automatically canceled on October 09, 2018. Please keep in mind that your last monthly subscription charge was billed on September 11, 2018. Therefore, you were billed correctly before the account was canceled.

Also, when we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you self-cancel or request a cancellation before the 14-day trial expires you authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription.

The auto-renewal information is listed in multiple areas such as:
-Payment confirmation e-mail

For more information regarding our 'Terms and Conditions' please visit the link provided below:

We hope that this information helps clear things up. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
kaylat40
10/20/18

I realized there was a charge on my account after the trial, so I called the customer service line and asked to be removed from the service. I was sent an email confirming that I was removed about 4 seconds later. The next month, I was charged again an amount of $24.95. I immediately contacted the company and told them I wanted a refund because I should not have been charged as I cancelled my subscription the previous month. They said okay, and once again I got an email confirming the cancellation of my subscription as well as another email saying I was refunded the full amount. This was on October 6,2018. A week later, I contacted the company again because the refund was never issued, and their response was they they had in fact issued a refund and it was my bank that had held the refund. So I immediately contacted my bank and explained the situation, and they told me there was never a refund issued and the initial charge was still pending. Thankfully my bank cancelled the charge and then proceeded to block the company from my bank account. I seriously hope no one else has to go through the trouble I did with My Perfect Resume. They're a horrible company and got entirely too much money out of me. The actual service was very helpful, but the fact that they tried to steal money from me is just unacceptable.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Mikayla:

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services.

On October 06, 2018 you requested a cancellation as well as a refund of $24.95. We immediate reviewed your request and as a onetime courtesy, we issued the maximum number of refunds for this account. We always advise our customers that for further information regarding the posting and crediting of your account, please check with your banking institution after 3 to 5 business days since we have no control over banking policies regarding time frames for any refund transactions. Rest assured that the refund was, in fact, processed and the account has been canceled as requested.

We hope that this information helps clear things up. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need at social@myperfectresume.com. Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume.
robertb1182
8/14/18

Free to build a resume. I spent hours on this.
I wanted to print or to download, but this is not free.
You should be informed upfront this resume builder is not free.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Robert:

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. We are in fact free. For the benefit of our users, we offer a free account that gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase, you may download a plain text version of your resume for free. We also, provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee, which gives you the ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters, but these features are NOT listed within the free account.

Hope that this information helps clear things up. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
leslieb204
8/5/18

Buyer beware! You pay a few dollars for a resume and get sucked into a membership. Read the fine print!!!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Leslie:

We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company! Under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services.

When you signed up for our product you agreed to our 'Terms and Conditions' as well as our 'Privacy Terms'. Once you select our 14-day trial enrollment, you are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service, which we let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time. Also when we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you cancel or request a cancellation you automatically authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription. The auto-renewal information is listed on multiple areas such as:

-Sales Page
-Payment Page
-Processing Purchase
-Confirmation Page
-Payment Confirmation E-mail

We hope that this information helps clear out any confusion or misunderstanding. We want to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, since we are always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
carlyea2
7/6/18

I had issues with myPerfectResume in the past, but used once more because of a last-minute job posting. I had less than 8 hours to apply for a position, and remembered that I had a resume saved through myPerfectResume.

After quickly updating my resume, I started making a cover letter. Apparently, the cover letter is created through a different site, which means another monthly fee is added.. In short, a sneaky to add another monthly fee to your account and make it nearly impossible to cancel the subscription.

Shortly after paying the fee, I canceled my subscription. One month later, another $25 fee came out. I contacted the company and asked them to cancel my account. One month later, ANOTHER $25 fee came out of my account.

Their excuse?
You have another account where your name is mispelled.

I know for a fact that there is no way this happened. I literally signed into my old account and re-activated my previous subscription.

$75 and a lengthy conversation later, my subscription has finally been cancelled.

I would not recommend this service to anyone. I have been scammed out of more money than I intended to spend, and had to contact the company 3 times in order to cancel.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Carlye!

When you signed up for our product on April 22, 2018 you agreed to our 'Terms and Conditions' as well as our 'Privacy Terms'. Once you select our 14-day trial enrollment, you are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service, which we let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time. Also when we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you cancel or request a cancellation you automatically authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription. Once you successfully process the cancellation, you receive a automatic email confirming the cancellation along side with your cancellation number for future references, if you did not receive your confirmation this means the cancellation was not processed. The auto-renewal information is listed on multiple areas such as:

-Sales Page
-Payment Page
-Processing Purchase
-Confirmation Page
-Payment Confirmation E-mail (Automatic e-mail stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal.)

moralesl
6/7/18

Extremely bad customer service!! I called because I had cancelled my subscription a day before it ended. And they still had charged me. So when i was on the phone with the person. He said that I had just cancelled it like 5 min ago which was a lie. And I told him I have the email saying what day and time it was cancelled. He had the balls to say I was a liar. I honestly kept arguing about it. So I spoke with the supervisor but it was the same thing with that guy too. So I asked if I can send it to him so he can believe me. And he said yeah. So right before I got to send it he said it was fine. Like seriously dude. Never again will I ever use Myperfectresume again. I normal recommend it to the school I work for but after this happen. I will not!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
-Hello, Lisette!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!
We're so sorry to hear you experienced this with our company. Under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. We are always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process.

We want to make things right with you, we'll be getting in touch with you by email shortly.
barryd64
5/21/18

I got my resume and everything at the cost they charged me no problem. Then out of the blue, months later they started taking big recurring payments off my account.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Barry,

We apologize for the inconvinience this may have caused. However, before the purchase of our service our T&C's are explianed including our monthly recurring charges. Our free account gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription, these are NOT listed as features included with a free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. For the benefit of our users, we provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee.

When signing up for our product you agree to our 'Terms and Conditions' as well as our 'Privacy Terms'. Once you select our 14-day trial enrollment, you are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service, which we let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time.

When we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you cancel or request a cancellation you automatically authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription. The auto-renewal information is listed on multiple areas such as the sales page, payment page, processing the purchase and after the purchase on the confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation e-mail immediately after you complete your enrollment process stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal. (Automatic emails can get redirected to your spam/junk folder, so be sure to check these folders if you cannot find this email.)
malandaj
5/11/18

Total Garbage, the first customer was rude and hung up on me. Refused to cancel my subscription. I called back and Victoria was great she cancelled my subscription and gave me a confirmation.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello Malanda!
We're so sorry to hear you experienced this with our company! Under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of feedback and all of our agents should treat our valuable customers right. We're glad that Victoria was able to resolve your situation without to much hassle, we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
raginiy
4/2/18

just pathetic ..stay away from these scammers..charged me $35 without my permission..no notification or any email of any sort ..just pathetic ..i want my refund you scammers ..for any one reading this stay away form these guys..$ 35 for a resume...just awful...

My Perfect Resume attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Ragini,
Thanks for the feedback, however, we would like to take this opportunity to clear up some information regarding your account:

We offer our customers 14 day access for just $1.95, and we indicate up front that this offer will automatically renew after the 14 day period on numerous pages during the sign-up process ( (with the option of canceling at anytime). This auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14-day subscription on the sales page, payment page, processing the purchase and after the purchase (on the confirmation pages.) We also send a payment confirmation e-mail stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal, you may check your Junk/Spam inbox folder as well.

However, I'd like to take a look into your account and make sure it's completely canceled to avoid any further charges. Shortly, you'll be receiving a DM from us requesting your account information. Hope to hear from you soon!
flavias
3/30/18

I'm completely disappointed. I have canceled my subscription before completing one week using the service BUT it still taking money from my bank account.

Anytime I tried to cancell it again the website said "we are going to cancel in the end of the fourth week" but This Have Never Been Cancelled as I can see in my bank statement.

I tried contact in the website but I've got no answer and no confirmation that they have got my email.

I endded up UNEMPLOYED and with 60 euros less in my banck account.

I hope you MY PERFECT RESUME know that it was all the money I had for 2 weeks of supermarket.

I hope you know that someone will not have money for food for 2 weeks because your amazing customer service.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Flavia,
We're really sorry to hear to had this experience with us. We'd like to help you with the cancellation process, soon you'll be receiving a Direct Message from us requesting your account details. Hope to hear from you soon!
charliey8
3/23/18

Yes, I understand it says in the FINE print that customers will continue to be billed after the 14 day trail BUT what is the hell am I paying 34 dollars for?? A fancy border? How does it go from 1.00 to 35....... you guys are scammers. People build resumes to find jobs...... i clearly dont have 35 dollars to pay right now

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Charlie,
We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clear up some information regarding your account:

We offer our customers 14-day access for just $1.95, and we indicate up front that this offer will automatically renew after the 14 day period on numerous pages during the sign-up process ( (with the option of canceling at anytime). This auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14-day subscription on the sales page, payment page, processing the purchase and after the purchase (on the confirmation pages.) We also send a payment confirmation e-mail stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal.

There are several ways to cancel including via phone, live chat, e-mail and self-cancellation in your 'Account Settings' as well.

Also, the paid subscription gives you the ability to print, e-mail, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription, also, to Find 1,000's of jobs for every industry —new jobs added all the time at our Ultimate job board, choose from professional templates and designs in our CV Builder, our CV Check allows you to Scan your CV common errors and how to perfect it, find Interview tips and advice, and also have a professional covering letter using our Covering Letter Builder.
vasilyk
3/19/18

We used the service to do a resume, but in the fine print you find that they'll actually charge you a much larger monthly subscription. It took us a few months to realize.

Unfortunately, looks like I'm not the only one who's had the same experience, but those reviews tend to be hidden by 5 star reviews (which also seem shady).

Overall, this is a borderline scam. By law in NZ, all charges have to be clearly displayed and cannot be hidden.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Vasily,

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us! Thanks!
ahmedh58
3/8/18

They don't mention that if you take their free trial they auto enroll you for the monthly subscription, real shady. If you download the resume from the website they are extremely poor formatted virtually making them impossible to edit outside of the website.

Real bad website

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Ahmed,
Sorry to hear you feel this way about us. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clear up some information regarding your account:

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us!

Thanks!

UNAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS TAKEN. $24.95 a month, EVERY month. Check your credit card companys protection plan and report them. You may not be liable for unauthorized charges and services not rendered. Also report misleading and false promises such as them telling you the charges will stop. REPORT THEM TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE! For newbies to the site... they will be so sweet and kind and tell you they will cancel. They will not. TAKE ACTION! The positive reviews are not from real customers.

By Cher M.

You can cancel your subscription at any time by calling. Our toll free line is 1-888-816-0576 representatives are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm EST; Saturday 9am to 6pm EST; Sunday 11am -7pm EST. You can also cancel by logging into your account and clicking on the Name link. Then click on My Settings then Subscription and you can choose to cancel your subscription. You can also cancel your subscription by emailing your subscription cancellation request to customerservice@livecareer.com. Once your subscription is canceled, you'll receive an email confirmation. Often auto emails can get picked up as spam or junk mail. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder. Additionally, you can click live help to chat with us online to request we cancel your subscription. You can also call us if we can be of any further assist to you.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. Most of clients use the service for months since this service allow clients to build as many resumes as they want with the ability to customize those accordingly to the specific job criteria that they are requesting. For example our builder give you hits in how to create a perfect resume for Marketing Jobs and give you specific keywords for that department as well as many other departments that you can choose for yourself and additional to that you can built the cover letter and even search jobs through our page. This is just an example of the many use of our services. We have a toll free number in the page that client can contact us for more information about how they can use the service to be successful when it comes to job searches.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Hi Susan, I will be more than glad to assist you. You may cancel your subscription using any of the following options: * By calling Customer Service 1-855-213-0348 from Monday - Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM CST Sunday 10 AM to 6PM CST * By clicking chat button on our website * From your account- go to settings>subscription>cancel (on the top right of your home page when you login) If you want to continue the process with me, I will need the email address used to create your account with us or the account ID.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Absolutely not! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: E-mail us at: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Call us at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Thank you for getting in touch and we're sorry about the delayed response, Marc! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: Our Customer Support Team are standing by and ready to help you. Just pick the country-specific toll-free support number below and give us a call at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Cannot sign in but was charged?

By Ronald V.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! I am a very organized person who worked for the state that I reside in as an investigator. I had an injury and had to make a change in my career. I am very careful about getting pulled into scams, however, I felt that this would be a good opportunity to build a resume and cover letter that was more updated than when my original resume that I wrote years ago. First of all, the templates are not free. After spending a long period of time writing the perfect resume, I only had the option of spending $2.99 to have access to the resume/cover letter. I felt that was a reasonable fee for the use of the template. As I stated, I am very organized and manage my finances very well. I made sure that I went into my account and cancelled by subscription after 5 days of use so that I would not be charged the $29.99 for the month. Today, I checked my checking account and sure enough the $29.99 had been deducted. I immediately called customer service and they stated that my cancellation had not gone through and they had no notification of my cancellation. They were willing to give me back only $14.00 of my $29.99 back and then went on trying to sell me more offers. I was extremely angry and then spoke with a supervisor. He also argued that I had not cancelled. I went through the same steps to cancel my account while the supervisor was on the phone with me. Low and behold the cancellation went through!!! Obviously, this company has set up the cancellation process to fail and you will be charged the $29.00 anyway. I definitely learned my lesson!!! I had to threaten to have my attorney to get involved due to this company stealing money from my account before they agreed to reimburse my full $29.00. They could not give me a refund confirmation number for the remaining reimbursement. I as a Social Worker who advocate for people could not conscientiously could not write a review to warn people of this scam.

By Cynthia F.

Thank you for the information and we're sorry about the delayed response, Vukica! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Hello, Falicia - If you cancel your account and receive an email confirming the cancellation there's no way for us to charge your credit card for our monthly subscription.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Questions? Get answers from the My Perfect Resume staff and other customers.

My Perfect Resume?