My Perfect Resume reviews

customerservice@myperfectresume.com

65 reviews with 3 stars

jonathanf39
5/19/16

After calling in to customer service twice,
two of their reps could not get the formatting correct.

There is an extra blank line under two of my work history entries--and no blank line
under the others.
The resume does not look uniform.

If I'm paying for a resume builder, I should AT THE VERY LEAST expect it to format it and not spend hours of my own time trying to remove a mysterious blank line; and then be told by two representatives that they tried a few things and could not remove that extra blank line.

The last rep I spoke with told me he was sending the issue in. However, I've had 3 interviews now, and handed in this resume that looks "almost right," when the very position I'm seeking demands of me to be detail-oriented. They will expect me to hand them a resume that looks visually uniform and consistent.

The reason I looked into myperfectresume to begin with was because I didn't want to have headaches over formatting my resume.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Greetings Jonathan F.

We are sorry that you feel this way. We are very committed in providing our customer with a great customer care and once again we apologize for any inconvenience that you experience while using the service. We take all feedback in a serious manner. You can contact us directly at customerservice@myperfectresume.com if you need assistance on any concern you may have regarding your account. We also sent you a private message so we can further assist you in a direct and secure manner. Looking forward to helping you achieve a timely resolution.

My Perfect Resume
saudas
4/14/16

Hi I was charge for the service on 21/3/16 for USD2.95. But I was again charged on 5/4/16 for USD35.80. I dint use it at all. Can I know why i was charged? thank you. Sauda

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Greetings Sauda S. We're sorry for the inconvinience.. Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. To be able to use all premium features of the service we offer customers a 14 days access for $2.95 USD and we provide the information that it will auto renew after the 14 days and that it can be cancelled at any time. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We are very committed in providing our customers with a great customer care and once again we apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced while using the service. We take all feedback in a serious manner. This while be forwarded to our Marketing Team. You can contact us directly at customerservice@myperfectresume.com if you need assistance on any concern you may have regarding your account. We also sent you a private message so we can further assist you in a direct and secure manner. Looking forward to helping you achieve a timely resolution.

leoa9
4/4/15

Gives you the power to get hired

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Leo A.,

We’re glad that you liked the site. We wish you all the best in your career.

maryl116
2/27/15

Good thanks. Did not. Realize monthly fees. Not clear.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Mary L.,

We are happy that you found the site good. We wish you all the best!

vicr3
2/20/15

I loved the format--professional, sharp, and effective. It was tricky moving sections (I wanted to move Skills higher on the page and couldn't). Don't try to edit your resume in Word. The bullets won't move and you end up with a big mess. I got a good job and thank the up-to-date polished format provided by MyPerfectResume.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Vic R.,

Congratulations on your new job! We’re glad that you liked our format. We wish you more success in your new career.

We are very committed to providing great service and customer satisfaction, and your feedback will be given to our Product team.

doloresf1
2/9/15

i went on for a cover letter only and found the site very easy to use. There was quite a few choices of templates for cover letters.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Dolores F.,

We are glad that you found the site easy to use. We wish you career success!

hattier4
1/23/15

I think the website has very good examples and it help you create a very good resume and cover letter. However, it is very difficult to modify using the templates provided. It is also difficult to modify your data once you remove it from the website. Example: I wanted to update my bullets on my work experience and was not able to do so. Once I went back into the website to make this change it was not easily done. Thanks

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Hattie R,

We are happy that you were able to create a very good resume. I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. If you’re still having a difficulty with editing and fixing the bullets, please do not hesitate to call our hotline. Our representatives are very much capable of fixing it for you.

You can reach us at 1-855-213-0348 or you can email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

domenican
12/18/14

the site was a good guideline in completing a resume. I haven't had to update my resume for quite some time so I needed all the help I can get.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Domenica N.,

We’re glad to be of assistance. We wish you the best in your career search.

colsonc
12/6/14

good

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Colson C.,

We are happy that you found the site good. We wish you the best in your job search.

MyPerfecrResume
donaldm49
11/9/14

pleasant, but trying to land a job

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Donald M.,

We are glad that you liked the site. We wish you the best in your job search.

dianek23
11/1/14

I was a little disappointed or even felt mislead. When you type in FREE resume templates your site comes up. After you do all this work to build your resume and go to print you get hit with a fee. VERY MISLEADING!!!!!!!!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Diane K.,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and customer satisfaction, and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing Team. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

LiveCareer
ladiyahd
10/15/14

The experience was nice. Just think that 39.95 a month is a bit expensive.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi LaDiyah D.

We are happy that you had a good experience with our service.

We wish you career success!

garyg29
9/18/14

used the service but did not know i joined up for monthly billings.
the resume was usefull but do not need a monthly subscrpition.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Garry G.

Upon checking, there’s no record found under the email address @trane.com, however I searched using your first and last name, and it shows that the account under the email address @shaw.ca has already been cancelled on September 15th. Please check your mail inbox for the cancellation confirmation email we sent.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and customer satisfaction. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues.

jillm24
8/22/14

Different style resume templates to choose from. Very easy to follow. The only part I didn't like was that you think it's free until the end when your resume is complete. You can't print it unless you pay and join.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Jill M.,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We understand where you are coming from and we appreciate your feedback. We are very committed to providing great service and customer satisfaction, and your feedback will be given to our Marketing team.

Thanks that you found the site easy to follow. We wish the best in your job search!

markg73
5/24/14

Same as everyone else, got scammed for a years subscription when all I wanted was a month. They sent me an email asking for my credit card details again, when they had already debited my account! They also stated they didn't have my email address (in the email that they sent me!). tried the live chat, but they just summarily dismissed me mid call. Now have to cancel my credit cards etc, small scam, but big pain in the...

Well, I must eat humble pie here..when they terminated the live chat I thought "OK I have been conned here" particularly given a fair number of preceding negative reviews, however they did as they promised, refunded what they said they would in a timely fashion. Still don't think the programme is exactly what I was expecting, however they were true to their word, so if I'm gonna bag them in one review, it is only appropriate I counter balance this with some positives.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Dear Mark,

Thanks for your comments.

It seems that you have subscribed to our annual subscription. We apologize if there were any confusion. We offer an annual subscription for $7.95 per month which is a 1- year commitment for $95.40. It is the best value for full access to your resume and cover letter for the entire year.

The reason why we have asked for the last 4 digits of the card is to pull up the account associated with the email address you have used when you signed up. We need this detail to fully address and resolve the issue at hand.

We sincerely apologize if you were disconnected via live chat. We would appreciate if you would call our customer service staff at our toll free number is 1-855-213-0348 anytime between the hours of 6am and midnight, Eastern Time. We would very much like to follow up with you so that we may track the issues you are having.

My Perfect Resume

UNAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS TAKEN. $24.95 a month, EVERY month. Check your credit card companys protection plan and report them. You may not be liable for unauthorized charges and services not rendered. Also report misleading and false promises such as them telling you the charges will stop. REPORT THEM TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE! For newbies to the site... they will be so sweet and kind and tell you they will cancel. They will not. TAKE ACTION! The positive reviews are not from real customers.

By Cher M.

You can cancel your subscription at any time by calling. Our toll free line is 1-888-816-0576 representatives are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm EST; Saturday 9am to 6pm EST; Sunday 11am -7pm EST. You can also cancel by logging into your account and clicking on the Name link. Then click on My Settings then Subscription and you can choose to cancel your subscription. You can also cancel your subscription by emailing your subscription cancellation request to customerservice@livecareer.com. Once your subscription is canceled, you'll receive an email confirmation. Often auto emails can get picked up as spam or junk mail. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder. Additionally, you can click live help to chat with us online to request we cancel your subscription. You can also call us if we can be of any further assist to you.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. Most of clients use the service for months since this service allow clients to build as many resumes as they want with the ability to customize those accordingly to the specific job criteria that they are requesting. For example our builder give you hits in how to create a perfect resume for Marketing Jobs and give you specific keywords for that department as well as many other departments that you can choose for yourself and additional to that you can built the cover letter and even search jobs through our page. This is just an example of the many use of our services. We have a toll free number in the page that client can contact us for more information about how they can use the service to be successful when it comes to job searches.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Hi Susan, I will be more than glad to assist you. You may cancel your subscription using any of the following options: * By calling Customer Service 1-855-213-0348 from Monday - Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM CST Sunday 10 AM to 6PM CST * By clicking chat button on our website * From your account- go to settings>subscription>cancel (on the top right of your home page when you login) If you want to continue the process with me, I will need the email address used to create your account with us or the account ID.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Absolutely not! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: E-mail us at: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Call us at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Thank you for getting in touch and we're sorry about the delayed response, Marc! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: Our Customer Support Team are standing by and ready to help you. Just pick the country-specific toll-free support number below and give us a call at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Cannot sign in but was charged?

By Ronald V.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! I am a very organized person who worked for the state that I reside in as an investigator. I had an injury and had to make a change in my career. I am very careful about getting pulled into scams, however, I felt that this would be a good opportunity to build a resume and cover letter that was more updated than when my original resume that I wrote years ago. First of all, the templates are not free. After spending a long period of time writing the perfect resume, I only had the option of spending $2.99 to have access to the resume/cover letter. I felt that was a reasonable fee for the use of the template. As I stated, I am very organized and manage my finances very well. I made sure that I went into my account and cancelled by subscription after 5 days of use so that I would not be charged the $29.99 for the month. Today, I checked my checking account and sure enough the $29.99 had been deducted. I immediately called customer service and they stated that my cancellation had not gone through and they had no notification of my cancellation. They were willing to give me back only $14.00 of my $29.99 back and then went on trying to sell me more offers. I was extremely angry and then spoke with a supervisor. He also argued that I had not cancelled. I went through the same steps to cancel my account while the supervisor was on the phone with me. Low and behold the cancellation went through!!! Obviously, this company has set up the cancellation process to fail and you will be charged the $29.00 anyway. I definitely learned my lesson!!! I had to threaten to have my attorney to get involved due to this company stealing money from my account before they agreed to reimburse my full $29.00. They could not give me a refund confirmation number for the remaining reimbursement. I as a Social Worker who advocate for people could not conscientiously could not write a review to warn people of this scam.

By Cynthia F.

Thank you for the information and we're sorry about the delayed response, Vukica! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Hello, Falicia - If you cancel your account and receive an email confirming the cancellation there's no way for us to charge your credit card for our monthly subscription.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Questions? Get answers from the My Perfect Resume staff and other customers.

My Perfect Resume?