Review of MyheritageDNA

Giv'atayim, Tel Aviv District, Israel
Tel: 1-800-987-9000

edp114
5/17/19

Happy with experience. The test provided a great insight
............................................................................

susank165
1/21/19

I was trying to upload raw DNA from another company. It had been over an hour and nothing uploaded. I called and at first, I had trouble getting to a person to talk to. I chose #4 and was prompted to enter my account number, but when I did, I was cut off. This happened a couple of times. Sending a message was no better because the information box wouldn't show any higher than my email address although the scroll bar showed I was at the top. So, I called again and chose another option # and this time my account number was accepted and even though I didn't choose #4 I spoke to Tadhg who was absolutely wonderful! He told me he would help me. He very patiently guided me as I redownloaded and reuploaded the DNA and it worked beautifully. I have a Mac and I don't know if that was part of the problem, but I place Apple Customer Service at the top of my list. I hope I can add MyHeritage there (if I can get through easier) but I will put Tadhg up there with Apple. Thank you so much for all of your help, Tadhg. You're one of the best Customer Support reps ever!!!

shirleyw123
8/6/18

Last week I contacted My Heritage Support area to receive some clarification on our four DNA results that our family had received over the last couple of months. Whereas my husbands, my sons and mine were readily understandable, I was surprised to find that my daughter presented with 8.2% North Africa and 1% Nigerian along with her 56.7% Scandinavian and 28.2% Scottish, Irish and Welsh- despite my husband and I being 100% European. Slavica, on the support team explained to me that three people in the family already had Italy/and Sicily represented, and my husband's 11.7% Iberian influence spreads as low south as Sicily, Algeria, Tunisia, etc. She said that further back ancestors are providing additional ethnicities in the DNA that have may have skipped us- and that it possibly came through from both of our sides. Slavica told us that our daughter had very high DNA match with both of us parents. I told Slavica that we all did look very much like what our results have shown and my daughter's baby daughter has inherited very dark large North African eyes. My daughter and son were only 38.1% DNA matched, but she explained that this is perfectly normal and that the level of DNA matching with siblings can actually be much lower. We are so glad we did the DNA tests but needed some interpretation before the next family members took the tests. We are all please to know our ethnicities along with our Australian heritage.

janaes3
6/26/18

MyHeritage resolved a problem with an order right away, no questions asked. The website is very easy to use and shipments are always fast. I have ordered 3 kits from them. Very pleased with this company.

barbarap266
6/13/18

I ordered a kit and it didn't get to the proper address so was returned. I contacted them and they said they would send another. After I realized it was sent out and the zip code on the new addresss wasn't complete I again contacted them. They sent another out and I finally got the test. I worked with Odran and he was wonderful about keeping in touch with me and following thru with what I had asked for. I am ordering more kits for more family members and have read reviews with 5 stars from others. We look forward to results about our heritage soon! Thank You. I liked the quick response from Odran on solving a problem I had.

peggyb70
4/11/18

I recently used My Heritage DNA and found it to be invaluable in verifying some family folklore on deeper historical ethnicity. The family tree builder Is easy to use and the research database add on is strong in information if you are of Eastern European or Baltic Heritage. The Help service is rapid and thorough in their responses to your queries.

sherryg41
2/15/18

I would never write a review again on this site. I wrote one several days ago and it is not even online. My mother's DNA did not even mention the country that almost all of her relatives came from. Buy DNA kits from Ancestry which I have done twice.

Questions? Get answers from the MyheritageDNA staff and other customers.

MyheritageDNA?