Review of Mygabes

Tel: +1.800.458.6546

1 Review From Our Community

beckys113
5/1/18

I am a graduate of Millersville University with a degree in English with a minor in Journalism. I have a disability where a chunk of my cerebellum is missing, and I have also had a craniotomy.

In 2004, I had an AVM rupture in my cerebellum that caused me to have many brain surgeries as well as wake up quadriplegic; which in turn made me fight for the ability to walk, talk, and speak again. I faced a number of events at Gabes in Lancaster and in Exton.

I worked for the company in Lancaster starting on April 9, 2018 as a fashion coordinator. Two days after I began my training in Lancaster I was coaxed into quitting by the Customer Experience Ambassador of Lancaster. After she expressed to the General Manager of Lancaster about me possibly quitting, she then told me that I needed to notify them of when I quit to avoid facing any repercussions. I had never said that I wanted to quit or even implied that; I was ecstatic that I finally had a full time job.

A week after I was employed, my boss sent me to help set-up the Exton store. When I had arrived there, the manager did not know how long I was staying, what hours I was working, or how long I was employed by the company.

The second week at the Exton store, I felt very much taken advantage of. The General Manager of Exton, and Merchandising Manager of Exton, decided to put me to work in the warehouse processing shoes and clothes all day, which was hazardous to my health, but I just did as I was told. The warehouse was an unsafe environment for me, as there were boxes and trash thrown all over the floor. One instance caused me to slip and strain a muscle in my leg.

Throughout the day the managers forgot to call for our lunch breaks when we were instructed to wait until they called. As the week went on, I asked the GM if she was sending us on our lunch break all at once, and she told me that we were not to take them together anymore because the store was in soft open so she would call us individually to go on our breaks. I was talking to a number of employees that day that did not get told when to go on lunch, and so they did not get a lunch.

On 4/26/18 at the Exton store, I encountered a situation with the Customer Experience Ambassador at Exton, the merch manager and GM. the CEA and I had a previous personal relationship, but I had intended to keep our relationship professional. I was called in to the GMs office for not listening to the CEA's orders, (who was not in my direct chain of command) which I tried to explain to her was a fabrication, because I was working under the Warehouse Manager all day and the CEA never approached me. Then merch manager came in and she harassed me to the point of almost quitting because I could not take having my character put into question any longer.

The next day, I told my boss what was going on in Exton and she told me that two managers from Exton had told her the whole situation and that we would talk about my behavior when I got back. I then felt personally attacked. I felt like after all Ive been through, I did not deserve to be threatened of possible reprehensions by my boss.

While I was there, I had an employee place his hand on my butt on several occasions. I felt violated in every way and I do not wish this on anyone that is further employed by your company. With all of the neglect that I felt by the managers, I was compelled to quit.

Questions? Get answers from the Mygabes staff and other customers.

Mygabes?