Mydentist

Mydentist has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

How would you rate Mydentist?

“Dishonest, uncaring, unethical”

Captain O.
4/2/18

I went to the Margate branch, but judging by the other reviews I have read, they are all as bad. Total apathy and disregard for patients, completely unethical attitude and behaviour. I was blatantly lied to on multiple occasions, refused an appointment while in dire pain because I had not had a checkup recently, so they de-registered me without any warning. They submitted a false claim to DECS causing me to get fined TWICE, and the manager (Rob Western) blatantly and maliciously refused to do anything to fix the mistake. They then started abusing my children and kept cancelling their appointments with bogus excuses, they did this 4 times in a row for all 4 of my kids. I caught them out when I called back twice in the same day and spoke to someone different, and got a completely different story as to why the appointments were cancell. The first time I was told the dentist was stuck in traffic, the second time I was told he was at a funeral. I, of course, have moved my entire family to another dentist, and hope to never set foot in MyDentist again. I urge any patient unfortunate enough to be stuck with this dentist, to double check any advice that MyDentist gives you, make sure you always keep a copy of your receipt or at least take a photo of it with your phone for your records just in case you need to prove payment. And avoid filling in any information relating to benefits or tax credits or exemption status on forms unless you have first spoken to NHS directly and confirmed the correct details (preferably in writing). You may also want to consider recording all your phone calls and conversations to prove anything they have said to you and then subsequently denied. -- Update 18/09/2017 Today I received a response from Leah Cavenay Patient Support Officer. He/she completely supports and condones the practice managers unethical behaviour and blatant lies, and have refused to communicate with me further. It would seem that the unethical treatment of patients must be a company-wide policy. I have now submitted a complaint to the ombudsmen.

russm21
April 2nd, 2018

Update 18/09/2017
Today I received a response from
Leah Cavenay
Patient Support Officer.

I have now submitted a complaint to the ombudsmen.

Tip for consumers: Find another dentist

Questions? Get answers from the Mydentist staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mydentist?

Have a question about Mydentist?